• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Virgil's MS Paintings and iScribbles

Nice idea for a fakey. I'd imagine that these guys would be kind of rare... Can't really see too many things having a bonded soul... But yeah. In a game these guys would be like the ultimate in double battles, but kinda risky as well. x Some decimal to all stats, but divide by same number if one faints...yeah.
...Maybe if you schmooze the guys who decide what gets in you could do something... XF​

HEY CHINCHOU!

347z0v4.gif
I actually forget why I drew this, and I just drew this. Oh well. It came out really bad, and I forgot to shade the little antennae things, but they'd still look bad anyways so whatever. Chinchou's head/body is shaped like a football.

FOO'BALL.

Man I loved Hey Arnold! when I was a kid... it was like the best show ever.
And that Spoink is adorable. I want one. Really bad. So cute!
And unfortunately, the link isn't working for me to see your fire starter. But for a name... maybe like Faussie (Fire + Aussie)? Maybe.​

Yeah, unfortunately it got removed from Fun Doodles, a category I did not think things got removed from... I'm starting to think everyone on iScribble hates me.

53886004zm9.gif
Here's the official artwork for the fire starter. Faussie an interesting name, but I forgot to edit this and say I already thought of a name. Koalight. :) They basically are afraid of everything and just hide in trees all day, but accidently light the trees on fire.

2e4fexd.jpg
And there's the picture that was supposed to be linked to above. Tinypic is more reliable than stupid iScribble moderators.

Thanks Scyther.

15116945xf5.gif
I was looking through some pictures of birds today figuring I should get started on Gronno's beginning bird Pokemon, which by the way will probably be a hummingbird sorta thing, but then I decided I should finish up the evolutions for the starters first. So I sketched in Paint some possible, but not so likely ideas for Kangather evolutions. I'd just like to get some opinions on what people like best. It doesn't have to be a one or the other thing, you can tell me what you like from each of them and what you'd really like me to keep on the official evolution, or something like that. I'munna try to stick with the tradition of cute starters, odd looking evolutions and terrifying-beast final stages. Though a scary kangaroo and koala is gonna be hard to do.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I loves them both!

I adore the first one's tail, the plant-like rings looks awesome. I also like the stick of the second one, that's a good idea - he's like a cave kangaroo ^^

I'm thinking my favourite is the first one though. His expression is fantastic XD
He lacks flowers though... and Kangrove is such an epic name.

Koalight could become a huge fire bear.

Your cave comment gave me an idea... Wild Kangather evolutions (Kangrove will probably be the name no matter what) will claim caves as their own and use it to store all their pretty things. And they will be all angry 'cause they don't want anyone to take them. :D

43965770zj0.gif
That little random sprite thing at the top of 'Charms showed me a Cherubi and made me wanna draw one. So I did. And then I ended up drawing the two Cherrim formes too. I understand I went way overboard with shiny blobs on non sunny forme, it just looked so plain without a face or anything I wanted to give it something...

EDIT: Grah, large picture. I kinda forgot it was that big. Also, I don't know what happened but there's all this white stuff around them... I dunno when that got there, but I didn't do it.

EDIT2: What. I think the picture turned JPEG, I copied it and pasted it back into paint and noticed it was poor quality... I opened up the real image though and it's fine. ImageShack made it JPEG. >:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Shiny blobs for the win! I think they look good, especially on the none-Sunny Day version of Cherrim ^^

They look great. I've said it before, but I really do like your shading. You're much better at lighting/shading than me, that's for sure.

I really do like Kangrove, and the hiding stuff in a cave idea sounds awesome XD

Thank you Magpie. :)

99398040kb1.gif

Orphans by birth, Skome the Koffing and Grone the Ghastly learned to look out for each other early on. While Skome, the younger of the two, enjoyed goofing off and playing around all day, Grone had decided that the only way to get things in life is to take them. Utilising both of their strengths, Grone and Skome became criminals, stealing from nearly every house they came upon. Eventually, karma caught up with the two bandits and Grone became ill due to secondhand smoke. Skome, unable to take care of himself went insane and was captured one day while he scavenged for something to eat. Seperated, the two became weak. Grone finally passed away from cancer and Skome was left with an abusive trainer until he too passed away from depression.

Shut up I'm bored.

EDIT: Oops, Grone's eyes were transparent. Fixed.

...Lol. Skome and Grone = epic. Skome has really awesome shading, but he should die by leukemia or some other smoking related thing... yeah.
Kangren gets my vote on the evolution. But Kangrove is good too, but Kangren's expression won me over.
The Cherubi group looks cool too, you have really good shading and junk.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I was all happy, just about to go to bed, when I saw you'd posted and thought 'Ah, something awesome/cute from Virgil. Must look'...

O_0

I shall know go to bed depressed...

Nice pictures of Koffing and Ghastly though, Skome is so cute, and both have epic shading as always. I love the smoke, those colours are perfect ^^

*Goes to bed depressed*

Thanks for the comments... And sorry about the whole making you depressed before bed thing... :-\

I just found two weird things I drew a few weeks ago for no reason. I kinda forgot that I don't have to just post Pokemon in this thread.

84443770vi8.gif
Wtf indeed. I don't know the inspiration for this picture, I blame my habit for staying up late and not sleeping.

43889940gh0.gif
Hah, gotcha. I bet you clicked the X because it looks so much like a real pop up. Well, don't worry, it's just a drawing. I remember almost posting this here after I made it but realizing it sucked and wasn't funny and then I didn't post it. Whatever, I am posting it now.

Ever consider making stickers using this stuff? The stylized art and bright colors would make it an excellent decoration of sorts.

Hmm, I never thought about that before. If I ever find out how to get these onto stickers that's definitely something I'd want to do. :) Thanks for the idea.

39159236qj8.gif
Combee is damn hard to draw. I...

Geometric shapes are too hard to draw. Just go away Combee. You're too...

Grugh.

Just... Go. Please.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
And sorry about the whole making you depressed before bed thing...

No worries, I slept just fine ^^

I like the hippo picture and the fake pop up. It's true, they do lie. There's a little flashing box every time I log onto Photobucket that says I've won something or other.

Combee is awesome, I adore the shading on the wings and the left bee's expression.

Thanks Magpie, and it's nice to know I didn't affect your sleep. :)

93562740zi2.gif
Shiny Finneon, 'cause I really only like Finneons in their shiny colors. Not my best work, but I tried.

Some friends of mine starting playing RuneScape recently, so I've been playing again too, 'cause it's actually pretty fun with a group of people. What's NOT fun is all of the people on that game... God, they're so annoying. The inspiration for this were these three guys talking all at once basically saying, "lol ur little kids u dont no n e thign lol i hav a gf irl her name is candy shes hot lol u no wut hot is?" It was pissing me off and I wanted to report them but they weren't actually breaking rules... So I made up my own rule.

2wpqww6.png

You'd need to change the "...click below to indicate...our 13 rules" :p

Asides from that, I know those types. Just ignore them, I know its hard, but thats what you've gotta do. :-\

Those people fail at life, I've noticed that people seem younger/stupider if they type with bad... typing skills. Rule fourteen should be a rule for any game, I've run into them on WoW before in Battlegrounds, and we were actually arguing about typing. It was fun.
ANYWAYS... on to your art stuffs.
Smoking hippo, yeah... that's all about that I've got.
*This is a lie is so true. I look at those ads and try to see what I have to do to get the stupid Wii, but they hurt my eyes so much I stop caring.
I hate geometric shapes too... but you did a good job on Combee. Faces are FTW.
And I'm liking the Finneon. Yay for shading!
I would totally get Virgil stickers.​

I agree, that should be a rule on Runescape. It's annoying how some guys would just walk up so some girl and ask 'will u be my gf?' and all this other crap. It's why I stopped playing.

Anyway, I really love that Combee and Finnion, they just look epic to me.

So, I give you my cookie of approval *hands over cookie*

Thanks for the comments and cookies and stoof. :p

82181091xx7.gif

62681122rj2.gif

In celebration of INTERNATIONAL WATER POKEMON DAY I drew a Qwilfish and a Psyduck head, because I don't think I have the energy or talent to draw a full Psyduck.

Additionally, INTERNATIONAL WATER POKEMON DAY is not even real.

Does INTERNATIONAL WATER POKEMON DAY always have to be capitalized? Because if it does, that makes it cool. ...I still can't like Quilfish, even though you did it. ...Nope. But Psyduck's head is cute. Aww Psyduck.
I don't think I'd want to meet Tom in real life.​

Yes, it is always capitalized.

21434126cm9.gif
INTERNATIONAL WATER POKEMON DAY has passed, but I drew this yesterday in celebration as well. I didn't get a chance to actually post it though so I'm posting it now.

Also, it looks weird but that was on purpose. I was mostly just annoying my brother, he hates the way I draw. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
How could anyone possibly hate the way you draw? 'Tis shiny ^^

Seriously, I think you're drawings are great. Politoed looks so happy. Poor Psyduck... all beheaded XD

He is getting into drawing more and I noticed he likes to add lots of details like wrinkles and textures and stuff to his drawings, and I think he just doesn't like how I make my drawings in a more simple style. He also hates the locations I put my eyes on things, and how I just do dots for eyes. :p

20804784yq7.gif
Actually, this one does not have dots for eyes. It's Omanyte, I felt like drawing him. I like parts of it but overall I think it kinda sucks.

Omanyte, I have to say, is one of my favorite fossils. SHINY WEEE.... yeah. The shading under his eyes (in the middle) is kinda weird, but I think it's fine after that. ...That was kind of incoherent, wasn't it?​

Some friends of mine starting playing RuneScape recently, so I've been playing again too, 'cause it's actually pretty fun with a group of people. What's NOT fun is all of the people on that game... God, they're so annoying. The inspiration for this were these three guys talking all at once basically saying, "lol ur little kids u dont no n e thign lol i hav a gf irl her name is candy shes hot lol u no wut hot is?" It was pissing me off and I wanted to report them but they weren't actually breaking rules... So I made up my own rule.

2wpqww6.png

Do you have ANY idea how hard that 14th rule made me laugh? Your humor is so amusing in your pics. lolz

32630907yh9.gif
A Wormadam I did a while ago, I don't remember why I didn't post it then, I guess I just forgot.

30695089pf4.gif
Camerupt I drew last night... I liked it more when I was drawing it, but I guess it's ok. Camperupts are cool, I wish I had lava humps.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Camerupt is awesome! I love his eyes, the expression he as is great XD

Wormadam looks almost 3D in places. As always your colouring and shading is very well done ^^

Thanks Scyther and Magpie :) Wormadam does look sorta 3D, it kinda bugs me.

I was bored, I felt like doodling something so I made up a Swalot/Drifloon fusion. Swaloon, Driflot... I don't know.

41383667ub2.gif