• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed [Under Construction] Outcasts(Official Reboot)—Discussion

I’d like to make a note, as while I wasn’t one of the “original” outcast members, but maybe I have a few thoughts that I noticed that caused the downfall of Outcasts. Of course power scaling, plot development, and keeping the riffraff out are very important, but maybe we create people to act as admins. People who can be frequent, and deal with matters and be the finals say, when Cloudswift isn’t there. It also puts less stress on one person and make plot happen smoother. Another idea of mine, is explain powers with logic. So say someone can run fast? Is it because of an increase of strength in their legs or by sending out some kind of pulse with every step.and then have more clearly defined weaknesses. Like with the speed, maybe they can’t turn and when running fast, they have a higher risk of crashing

Basically, we're doing a high-quality reboot of Outcasts and we need to vote on "admins" for it, basically people with authority on the thread. I'm thinking myself and two or three others, maybe four.

I'm good with that. Protato isn't a confirmed admin yet, since I do want to make sure that he agrees. I'm not going to force anyone into being an admin.

Tbh the only people I nominate as admin are Ry (even with the major absence lately, he's good with plot progression), Retro (Been roleplaying with him lately and hes good at getting the ball rolling with interesting writing), and Cloud (naturally), dont really agree with any others, but thats me.

Quick suggestion: how about applications? CloudSwift (frick, accidentally hit post sry) could make a template, and anyone who wants to be admin could fill it out and pm it to her

I love how most of us are being selfless and not bringing ourselves up to be admin. (Already started this before Rohan posted, but it’s alright ;) ) I think that right there shows that some of us won’t abuse the power of Admin.

Also, one potential flaw the admin system could have is say Cloudswift and the other admins are offline and there is only one on. What if the other rpers come up with a great idea and brings it up to the admin and they don’t like it? The admin who’s on at the moment could decline it without having to consult with the others. Or it could be the other way around and the admit goes through with a bad idea just because they’re the only admin on. By the time the other admin gets on, it’s could be too late. And if we go the voting route, that could take a lot of time and would probably still lead to more arguing from both sides. By the end of it, there will some who will grow tired of having their ideas, no matter how great they are, constantly thrown away because the admins either don’t like it or they just aren’t online as much. I have seen role playing sites that use admins completely fall apart because of those problems. Even though, I doubt that it would happen here, because from what I’ve seen, I think most of us here are capable of making the right decisions. :)

If we are gonna do the admin thing tho, I think instead of applications, we should either put it too a vote or just let Cloudswift choose. Applications would take up more time and would probably make it harder for Cloudswift to choose. Anyways, I personally think most of us are qualified, so it just would come down to either a vote or Cloudswift’s choice. If someone doesn’t want to be admin, just say so.

Guys I have an idea.
instead of having an Admin system how about we divide the group into three separate but equal parts. Groups A, B, and C. Group A will consist solely of Cloudswift while group B and C will have the rest of us.
If say a person in group C comes up with an idea the rest of the group will vote on it. If a majority of Group C likes the idea it will be passed on to Group B who will in turn vote on it. If a majority of group b likes the idea will be given to Cloudswift in which case she can choose to either accept or deny the idea.
Sure this will probably take a while but in the end we will all have an equal say in it.

~1 or 2 'unique' powers and 5 'unique' techniques maximum at the start~

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Power(s):
Techniques:
Weakness:
Goals:

Guys, think this is an improvement? I set the power/technique cap to keep things level in the beginning. (Just in case theirs any confusion, powers are unique supernatural/superhuman abilities, techniques are signature ways people use these powers. E.g. fire manipulation=flame powered flight). Also id say, just let everyone voice there opinion here and give Cloud some time to reflect on the comments made before choosing herself.

With the Admin, they don't get sole power over plot. Simply charcater development, and settling disputes. Plot decision would be decided by the admins with a majority vote. Anything that causes major disruption is dealt with by all admins, not just one.

With the templete, maybe have a more expanded one. Something like this.

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Physical Description:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Name of Power:
Mechanics behind it:
Brief Backstory:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Ideals:
Also, I have no problem with being an Admin, as Zander suggested, since I do have more experience with charcater accepting and creating plot than I used to as of late, and I have improved over my "break". However I am not campaigning for a position nor demanding one. I'm just saying that if @Cloudswift would want me to help her, I would.

I like the idea of making a more detailed form, but there are certain things that I might want to take from Ry's and some things I want to take from Onion's. I'll also be thinking over the admins for a little bit, as I want to make sure that I make the best choices. Yes, I will be going with an admin system, but here me out: if the Admins make a decision that a lot of people disagree with, as long as any objections are given as soon as possible, we will change it--however grudgingly some of us may do it, we will. I don't want this to turn into something that people would rather not do. And when we do need to make a decision, which will be held in a private conversation that I will make once I decide on the admins, we'll vote amongst ourselves. That sound good to everybody?

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
If this is being reeboted, I would want to join.
I will try to be more open, and I will actually think before producing my OC, so that I don't scrap him on the middle of the RP. This will be good, if everything keeps on going the same way they are going now.

If this is being reeboted, I would want to join.
I will try to be more open, and I will actually think before producing my OC, so that I don't scrap him on the middle of the RP. This will be good, if everything keeps on going the same way they are going now.
and try not to argue with people who disagree with you and act like you know more than them, that's what caused Outcast Reborn to get shut down prematurely