• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Wondrous Weed-Pit (Requests are OPEN)

Ok woah that Zandrill is really well done and is pretty seamless and looks like it could be a real Pokemon.
The revamps of the eeveelutions are great, can't really fault them.
The Espar is good but the shading on the head is slightly awkard. The Aggriken is awesome. As is Grumpy Goo :>

(EDIT: Yaay 300th post! *brick'd)

Yaay requests! :D I shall get working on them tomorrow at the latest!

Dark: Thanks for the feedback! I agree that the tail should be thinner at least. I might try and scratch a new tail for it later :3
You're right about Zangoose's color palette, that's why I like Zangy's so much ^^
Gen V requests are indeed fine from now on, I already have a few ideas for yours ^^

Kasumi: Thank you! I must say I really like the black/red color palette as well :> (Black/orange is even better IMO, maybe I'll recolor it?)
One Banengar, comin' right up ^^

Toastie: Thanks for the comment! I'm actually liking Zandrill (I'm liking that name the most I think :>) more and more after hearing all of the positive feedback on him ^^ You're right about the lighting on Espengar's head, I might have to fix that. I'm also happy that you like the Aggriken, seeing as I didn't myself ^^; (And that's ironic as heck, after my post in your thread xD)

I shall commence work on your requests ASAP, need to finish my darn Physics first -.-;

Sooo~

These are a bit late, I was supposed to have them here yesterday, but stuff came up. But without further ado;

Swampenki1.gif
Swampenki2.gif

Tadaa! I present to you Swampenki. I couldn't figure out which coloring on the head-shell was better, so I did both ^^ I'm actually really liking how this turned out. That mustache wasn't easy to remove, I tell you! xD

banengar1-1.gif
banengar2.png

Tadaa! I present to you Banengar. I had a bit of a same problem here, I did the first one first and was happy with it, so I saved it. Then I figured it could use a little more editing, so I added some stuff in the other one ^^ I'm actually really liking this one as well. One thing though, there are a few stray green pixels at the bottom of the "hood", in the empty space. This because GIMP and Photobucket were refusing to cooperate >:(

But all in all, I hope you'll be satisfied with these! I know I am ^^

O///// ___ //////O

*Spaz Attack*
Damn you 'Charms and your rule against spammage D//;
I shall have to compress my love for you and those positively pimpin' Banengar sprites ---> <55

I figured '<55' indicated more love than '<33' ://)
That, and my nommy-heart theory x,//D

But seriously; ohmigosh it is positively ADORABLE!
And Dark's too~
WOW! It is unbelieveably well made, and I didn't even notice those pixels (LOL I wrote 'pickles' x,D) until you pointed them out- even then I had to really squint~

*tackle glomps you to the ground*
I love them! I shall have to argue with myself which one to put in my sig ♥
ASDFGHJKL Thank you! <333

Kasumi xxx

Hee, I love it Weeds~

I'd been hoping it'd look more like Daikenki<3

I prefer the second sprite over the first one, because of the lovely golden plating; He looks like some sort of royal Water-type, so fierce and classy~

Thanks so much!

(Kasumi's is very good as well<3)

Kasumi: I'm so happy you like your request! Requests are always a bit harder since you never know what the receiver wants, but I'm really satisfied with it, and I'm happy you are too ^^

Dark: Awesome that you like yours so much as well ^^ I also liked the golden plating more, but you couldn't properly make out the cheek-fins in that one, so I wanted to make another one, just in case ^^

kaseeds2.gif

What no, this isn't Kasumi's OC and my own, not at all, whatever gave you such a silly idea? :3

Ahhhhhhsdfghjkl YAY ://3

LOVE that sprite of us both!
It is fantastic! (as said in multiple places at multiple times)
<33

What? Of course that isn't my Twitter picture >//>;;
What ever gave you such a silly idea?~

And therefore I already know you love it, but it's still fun to hear you going on about it ^^
I should've saved this for Valentine's Day, but I just couldn't wait C:

Wow. I never knew you were THIS good at spriting! May I ask for a request? If yes, could you do me a MushZard (Musharna-Charizard)? If you do, could you make 2 sprites, with each Pokemon as a base? PWEEEEZE? ;D

Weeeeeddsskfjnkejnfkeefffffshshhh ♥

You've gotten sooooooo much better at spriting, Weeds-kun :'D
I recall telling you on chat or via PM and stuff that I really like your sprites but fkjenkj why haven't I posted here before? D:

Weeds said:

Okay so I really like this. :> It may be simple and straightforward but it's just so effective and nice and eeeee ♥

Weeds said:

So I preferrrrr the blue-headed one. :> I really like this one too, it just flows so well and works <33 I'm horrible at splices but whatever. :> I love thissssss ♥

Also I just looovvveee Jake's shiny head :'D
I mean, uh, he looks really nice. c: So does Kasu-nyan's OC ♥

(centering because it looks prettier like that. :>)

So yeah, Weeds, keep it uppppp :>
Looking forward to seeing moar gorgeous sprites <3333​

Luckii: I shall get working on your splices ASAP. Don't expect too much though, I think one might come out all right, but the other one may end up pretty bad :/ It's like that when you splice, usually one works better as a base and the other one won't be as good. But I'll do my best!

Tun: Thanks for the positive comments! As I said before, praise coming from you means quite a lot, you are one of the top spriters here on 'Charms ^^ Many seem to like that Drillgoose, I think it's the color palette :3
Good that I decided to upload both of them then ^^ I thought both were nice and I couldn't decide which one was better, so there we go :)
Thanks for the comment on the dual sprite! I really love how it came out, especially Kasumi ^^

But Luckii, I shall get to work ASAP!

musharizard.gif

Here's your Musharizard! I decided only to do one, as I actually have a rule of only one sprite per request per person (o.O). So you'll have to do with just this ^^

It came out pretty nice, I think. The stuff coming from the blowhole is supposed to be normal smoke. I'm pretty proud of that idea myself ^^

I've decided to do some more trainer sprites in the near future, to get more practice. If they come out good I'll open requests for them as well ^^
Normal requests are still open, btw, if you want those ^^

~Weeds

Wow Weeds!
I really like your latest piece! *//0//*

The smoke from the blow hole is an excellent detail, and very clever! ♥
I love the little blue paws and wings, make it look like a very cute baby Charizard ://3

Nyaaa~
Really like this sprite! ://D

Keep it up, and can't wait to see more trainer sprites! ^///^
Kasumi xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Kasumi: Yaay! Thanks for the positive comments, always warms my heart ^^ I'm glad you're liking the smoke, as I said, I kinda liked that detail myself~ ^^

Luckii: Glad you like it so much! ^^

Remember how I said I was going to practice making trainer sprites?

randomtrainerf.gif

I did :> I'm liking how she came out, even though her hair was a pain to sprite xD
I used the female swimmer from DPPt as a base, added clothing and hair myself, and used colors from the Ice Gym Leader in Gen V, the Pokémon Ranger from Gen V (the one with the lasso) and the Karate Girl (or whatever she is...) from the Gen IV games.

I hope you'll like it! ^^

~Weeds

New Sprite is niiiiiiii *//_//*

She's really, really cute! ://D
You've made her effortlessly pull of that simple, 'lass' look, but look adorable at the same time! ^//3//^

I love the hair ://O
It reflects the light very well, and is a very suited colour for her me thinks, neh ♥

The pony-tail, is it meant to look swirly?
Because that adds a nice little detailed effect in there! ://D
I love it!

You should definently continue with trainer sprites ♥
Can't wait to see more, and keep up your super duper work, neh!

Kasumi xxx

Glad you like it so much! ^^

The ponytail didn't look swirly in the original sprite I'd planned in my head, but when I made it I thought it could look good, so I edited it like that ^^ I'm glad you noticed it, I thought nobody'd see it |D

~Weeds ^^

Wow Weeds!
Your sprites are great, I love everyone of 'em! When it comes to fusions you're very creative, I love all of your latest fusion they are just tremendous! That new Lass looks great! She actually looks official in my opinion :p I can't wait to see more of your fusion and trainer sprites ;)

Shaymin ~*

Can't believe I've missed your thread. So mow I'm forcing my lazy butt to write a reply here.
First, I'm no spriter and do -not- want to be one. But I surely can tell your sprites look very good. I think you do not have anything more to learn when it comes to spriting.
The Mushizard is awesome and kyut and cool and everything. It does look very official. Also, your other fusions/trainer sprites/revamps/lineless sprites are nicely done.
Also, can I request either a lineless Infernape/Sceptile/fusion of these two Pokemon? I'm fine with any of those.

Shaymin ~: Thank you! I must say, you're a pretty accomplished spriter yourself, even though I've yet to post in your thread ^^; *scurries off to do that~*

PokeGirlPraure: Your post made me really happy ^^ Thank you for the kind words on my work, and on my skills, for that matter ^^ I've been thinking about doing something with Sceptile for a while now, so your request came along just perfectly :3 Expect it to be up tomorrow maybe, but if it isn't up tomorrow, I won't have it here before Sunday at least, as I'm going away for the weekend~

You were lucky, PokeGirlPraure!

scepternape.png

There you go! I made this instead of working on my English project xD Probably not the smartest idea, but meh ^^;
It's all right, I guess, but definately not one of my best. There are certain things I would've personally like to have on it (such as the golden shoulderpads) that just proved to be too hard for me :< Also there are a few stray purple pixels here and there, because GIMP was messing with me and insisting it was already transparent when it obviously wasn't, and the Photobucket editor has never worked for me. Not once.
Anyway, I hope you like it! ^^

I should start spriting more, there's been a boom of excellent spriters recently, and I should be trying to keep up more :< But no new sprites before Monday, I'mma going away for the weekend~ So see you guys then! ^^

~Weeds

OMG. OMG. JUST OMG. Wow! I didn't expected it to turn out so awesome! Man, who cares about stray pixels when the result is awesome? Maybe the one who made it. Get over it, it's awesome and I see no reason to study when you can sprite ;D. The pixels sure are stray, I can't see them. Have a good trip to wherever you're going!

O:

I can't believe I didn't post in here yet!

'Kay so I really like the umbrella thinger on the first page. And the thing under it, Derpbird was it? They're both really, really awesome looking, just so you know. ^^
I also really Mudgade/Galkip, too~

That girl trainer a few posts down looks really nice. I like her curly and/or wavy hair. She's really well shaded and the pieces look like they were always like that.

Your revamps are so well made. They look like official sprites. ^^ My favorite is Poliwhirl. I think that it looks the best out of all your revamps. The shading is right-on!

Keep up the good work ;)

whoa what Weeeeeeeeeeeedssskjdnkfjnf

The Musharnizard or whatever looks reeeaaally well done :'DD It just fits so well and the smoke's really nice and eeeeeeeeee ♥ The only thing I could possibly say is to shade the smoke, or, like, make it lineless with some dithering (like gen I/II sprites) or whatever :>

But the real reason I'm posting here is to OMGWTF about the Scepfernape!
It's just so well done and and it looks fluffy and still spiky on its tail <333 I like how well the arms and legs fit onto Sceptile's body, actually :'D And then the fire looks really nice ♥ Maybe the only thing is that the further away arm (the one on our right; at least, it looks further away to me >>) is bigger than the other, which is sorta weird. But apart from thaaaaatttt, it's so great ♥

Come back soon, Weedsies! :'D

(also I don't think I've congratulated you and Kasu-nyan on your marriage yet. Well, congrats ♥)

@Ked: Thank you! I was pretty fond of Derpbird as well, I thought the idea was a bit more original than my other sprites at that time ^^ I really like the girl as well, even though I'm still not too happy about the hair on her forehead. I might want to edit that later.
And thank you for the nice words on my revamps! ^^ I personally love making them and I think they're what I'm best at ^^

@Tun: Haha, thanks Tun! ^^ I kinda liked Musharizard as well, but you're right about the smoke. It looked a little off when I made it, maybe because the outline is too dark? I might wanna edit it with your advice in consideration. Thanks for the comments on Scepternape! I really like how it came out, but you are quite right about the arms. I was considering mirroring them and swap their places, how d'you think that'd look? (And thank you about our marriage as well ^^)

Also, bad news everybody. Some of you might know this already, but I managed to damage my wrist during the weekend, and now my right arm is stuck in a nice green cast :< This means I shouldn't sprite for at least a week. I might give it a shot anyway, just to see how it turns out, but don't expect too much :'<

EDIT: Nope, no can-do :'< Let's hope I get rid of this as soon as Friday.

asdfgweeeeddssss

I read on my sprite thread that you had broken your wrist and straight away I was feeling YOUR PAAIINN (except not because I'm sure you're in immense pain and I'm just feeling it inside </3) so yeeaaah. I feel really sorry D:
At least it's in a nice green cas- *shot*
Peh ... mine was just white with words written all over it. Including my brother's message saying 'Haha, you broke your arm'. >>

* Tun takes out a purple marker and writes 'Hope you get well soon ♥' on Weeds' cast :'D

Anyway, yeah.
I think mirroring it would be good, seeing as it'd make it look more proportional or whatever c: Just remember, when you're flipping, always change the shading to match, seeing as it's in a different position and being hit differently by the sun lightbulb cat on fire light-source. :>

Keep it uppppp, Weeds-kuunnn ♥

Awww... How sad. I hope you get well soon so we would see more of your great fusions/lineless Pokemon/revamps. And I don't know, Specternape looks pretty well as it is, but then again, I'm no spriter :/

Heyo everybody, guess what? My cast is remooovedd! 8D Thank you PokeGirlPraure and Tunnie for the get better-wishes ^^
Some of you might now that I requested a Sidney sprite from Tun. I said in the same post that I wanted to try it myself, but I couldn't because of the cast.
Well, now that the cast is gone...

sidney.gif

Tadaa! I can't even begin to describe how happy I am with him. I had so much fun making him, and it was a bit of a challenge. I am very, very satisfied with him ^^

doryooses2.gif

If my Drillgoose would exist in a game, this'd be it's shiny :> I was scrolling through some older posts when I saw that I'd said I might want to recolor him black and orange, so I did ^^

~Weeds ^^

Nice work Weeds! I'm so glad your cast is removed; I missed your sprites! The Sidney sprite is awesome! The pose is just right! You should try the other Hoenn elite four! As for Drillgoose, he looks much better in shiny form! Keep up the good work!

Louie Forest said:
Nice work Weeds! I'm so glad your cast is removed; I missed your sprites! The Sidney sprite is awesome! The pose is just right! You should try the other Hoenn elite four! As for Drillgoose, he looks much better in shiny form! Keep up the good work!
Seconded! My thoughts exactly ^^ Not much more to add. Good luck and please don't get another cast on - it's sad! D':

Oh wow; Weeds~!!

That Sydney sprite made me gawp in sheer amazement!!
He's one of my favourites too <333
And you've captured him perfectly in taht pose and everything!

Hnggggg ♥ ♥
I agree with Louie- we need the rest of the Hoenn four by you~

And Zangdrill/Drillgoose is Niiiiii *///3///*
I. WANT.

Keep it up! Great work! ♥
Kasumi xxx

Well, originally I was only going to do Sidney, because I love him, his Pokémon and his sense of fashion ^^
But, by popular demand...

phoebe.gif

:> There ya go, it's Phoebe ^^ She came out pretty good too, methinks ^^

And due to my (IMO) successful trainer sprites these recent times, I've decided to open requests for them as well \^^/

~Weeds

WOW WEEDS!
Those trainer sprites look awesome :O!!! Your really good at them :DDD!
I ♥ Phoebe she looks awesome :DD! She did come out good :>.
Sydney looks great too :O!
Keep up the great work!!

Shaymin ~*

Bizzooooy~!!

Phoebe looks... aha-may-zeng!
♥ ♥ ♥
Words escape me when I try to describe her ://o

She's fantastic! Her flowers and hair and outfit...and... everything... makes my brain... BZZZT-CHA! @//__//@''

And now that you're accepting requests I'm sure your sprites will become increasingly even more popular! ^///^
Fantastic work, husband! ♥

Kas'mi xxx

Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate all the positive comments ^^

As for my next sprite, I'd like to start by reciting a song.

"Where's Mega Man?
Where's Mega Man?
The Mega poo
Just hit the fan
It's 200X
And Wily's escaped
And built eight
More evil bots
Where's that guy I know
With balls like a rhino
Oh where?
If I'd have to guess I'd say on the roof
Let's pan straight up in search of proof
Perhaps he is there
And flaunting his hair?

Onetwothreefour
Megada Megada Mega Man
He's up on the effin' roof
He's mega
Megada Megada Mega Man
Heroic and aloof
Megada Megada Mega Man
Now backwards you would say
Man Mega
Megada Megada Mega Man
He'll save the effin' day

Eight more robot masters
Mega Man is
Stronger
Faster
For Metal Man and Air Man
Use the Arm Cannon Blaster
Air on Crash
Metal on Flash
Metal on Bubble
Bubble on Heat
Heat on Wood
Finally Quick Man
He's kind of a dick, man
Use Crash Bombs and you're good

Ooh Megada Megada Mega Man
Nintendo got it right
Not Sega
Megada Megada Mega Ma-han
Blue and cyan
Likes Chopin
And Rodin
Mega Man!"

~Brentalfloss
megaman.gif

sidneyteamshot.gif

Baboom! Possible Gen V team shot for Sidney. Or at least it's how I imagine it could look :3 And, since Sidney got one...

phoebeteamshot.gif

Baboom! Possible Gen V team shot for Phoebe. Jellicent was actually the only Gen V Ghost that I could imagine her having, for some reason Phoebe and Chandelure didn't really work in my head, and Cofagrigus and Golurk... I don't think so, really :/

The Glacia sprite is under construction, but i'm not happy with it :/ We'll see when it's done, I guess.

~Weeds

Hello there, Weeds~

Pff. Cast removed, ready to go again- Full speed ahead!

In all seriousness though, these new team shots are brilliant. I really like the way you make your team shots<3 Sidney looks awesome with his team, and the new PokeMon additions are clever. Phoebe looks awesome with all those ghosts around her as well~

In fact, I'm going to request a team shot;

Sprite:
11t7had.jpg
(Made by Tunduli, but I'm sure it's fine for you to use it since you won't change the sprite itself~)
PokeMon; Absol, Mightyena and Houndoom on the left side, Jolteon, Luxray and Magnezone on the right. (U C wut I did thar?)