• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Wondrous Weed-Pit (Requests are OPEN)

ratpole.gif

# 010 Ratpole
Waterside Pokémon
[RAT-poel, rat + tadpole]
12-Water.gif

Ability: Swift Swim: Doubles the Pokémon's speed in rain.
Pokédex Entry: Ratpole are amphibious and can live both in water and on land. Curious by nature, they inhabit sweet and salty waters alike.
Ratpole -- lv. 20 -> ??​

Here, have this little bugger while I search for my final water evo reference pic finish the final final evo.

Is this the Ratata of your region? Or the Tentacool? I really hope it's the Ratata, because this thing is really cute and it would become everyone's nemesis really quickly if you couldn't surf five spots without encountering it. |D

Good job on this one, Weeds. It's simple and straightforward, but creative and slightly desu. The one thing I don't like it the random stripe of unlined blue at the end of it's tail; I'm not sure whether or not it's supposed to be a stinger, but I really think the sprite'd be even better without it.

I can't wait to see that final final evo and keep it up!

That's just supposed to be the thinnest bit of the tail, though you're right, it looks a bit odd... I made this time quite some time ago. And yes, it is the Ratatta of the Foral region, as most of the routes come in contact with water. Thank you for the very positive response, I was a bit worried because of the very simple design ^^

On that note, I am happy to announce that a map of the Foral region is under construction. I have the original sketch/reference pic/whatever all done, so it's just the spriting process which is taking time, it was a bit more difficult than I expected.

And we all just lost it. Dangit, Weeds xD

That's a really good- What, a fusion? I'm not sure what the other PokeMon is if it is a fusion, but if it's just scratched (Or a fusion!) this is rather amazing. Shading's very good, as is the proportioning. Keep it up- And where are those final evo's? :p

Stop nagging about it >_< But srsbns, my final Water evo reference pic is gone! D: If I don't find it by the end of this week, I'll post the two other ones and leave that one for later. I wanted to release them together... ;-;
EDIT: Found the pic, you're not getting them on Friday, lol! :p

Also, Jesper, It was supposed to be a Beedrill repose (inspired by this pic), but it turned into a... Well, I guess it's a fusion, really. Dunno what else to call it >>; But I think it looks DAMN cool ^^

I know how late these are, but rejoice, for now they are in fact here! :D

soarest.gif

#003 Soarest
Guardian Pokémon
[SOAR-est, soar + forest]
Grass.jpg
/
Flying.jpg

Ability: Overgrow: Multiplies the power of Grass type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Soarest live in the highest treetops deep inside the forests. They are very kind and wiil help any person or Pokémon lost inside their forest.
Hopleaf -- lv. 16 -> Levitwig -- lv. 35 -> Soarest

demire.gif

#006 Demire
Demonic Pokémon
[DE-ma-jur, demise + fire]
Fire.jpg
/
Ghost.jpg

Ability: Blaze: Multiplies the power of Fire type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Upon evolution, Demire lose any sense of kindness and become downright evil. Demire have been recorded to start forest fires, and may disobey even the strongest of Trainers.

riverpent.gif

#009 Riverpent
Maned Beast Pokémon
[riv-ER-pent, river + serpent]
Water.jpg

Ability: Torrent: Multiplies the power of Water type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Riverpent protect the rivers of their packs to the death. People who live on the riverside are viewed as part of Riverpent's territory, so they will also be protected by Riverpent.​

No fun facts this time, because it makes me seem unproffesional :D I'll try to update more often now, I've been in the mood for some spriting recently ^^

Yesss.

Now this is really, really good, Weeds. I've always been a fan of your spriteworks, but these three final evolutions just go to show how good you are at these. Probably the only things I could point out that look a tad off is the shading under Soarest's beak and the end of Riverpent's tail which is bit too low to look properly connected to the rest of the tail.

More fanmon, plox, and keep it up ^^

Thanks for the comments Dark! Although I am quite late, I still really appreciate your kind words ^^

I don't like Pikaclones, so I made my gen's Pikaclone look not at all like Pikachu |D

cubolt.gif

Cubolt
Thundercub Pokémon
[KJU-bolt, cute + bolt]
Electric.jpg

Ability: Illuminate: Increases wild Pokémon encounter rate to 200% /
Lightningrod: All Electric-type moves are drawn to this Pokémon, and its Special Attack increases by one stage.
Pokédex Entry: The markings around Cubolt's arms and length glow intensely when they sense danger. The pads on their paws can release high-voltage shocks.​

That is no Thundercub pokemon that is a teddy bear! ;D
I love it so cute and loveable and and....(rolls over dead)
Anyway yeah a lot of these fake Pokemon are looking really good keep it up and also no that isn't Pikachu it is better! ;)

Thanks for the reply! I was originally going to have a section of the Pokédex mention that it has electrocuted many kids who've thought it was a teddy bear. I'm morbid like that xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Couple of things you may want to be aware of here~

This thread hasn't been posted in for a few months. It would have been better to maybe PM Weeds first, rather than post here, as requests may no longer be open etc. And, you should probably give the first post in this thread a read if you didn't already. He has a couple of requesting rules you may have missed~

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Not to worry, just make sure you keep an eye on things like that in future ;)

Harroo people! I'm back, just to inform y'all that I live! :D I haven't sprited a lot recently, but I'm not that big a douche that I'd post here without some material :D

alternateleavanny.gif

I do love Leavanny ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh my gosh, Weeds.

I haven't checked in here for a while, and I'm really impressed with your newest sprites. Your shading, anatomy, and everything has just improved a lot, and I really like looking at them.

Keep it up~