• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Wondrous Weed-Pit (Requests are OPEN)

Aaha, I get what you did there :) I must say, that particular aspect of the request made this team shot quite tricky. Five of six Pokémon were quadrupedal, three of which were facing our left, and two of which were low down and facing our right. It wouldn't have been a problem if I would've been allowed to place them how I wanted, but with that certain aspect it became a lot harder. I hope it's all right that I placed the Pokémon from the sprite's point of view, aka the Electric Pokémon are on our left side, but on the trainer's right, while the Dark types are on our right, but his left. As I said, I hope it's all right, 'cos I don't think I would've managed it otherwise :X

darkteamshot.gif

I'm happy with it ^^ I had to flip Houndoom around and redo his shading, so this one took surprisingly long for a team shot because of the amount of editing that had to be done ^^;

Earlier this evening, my dear wifey (Kasumi, for those of you who didn't know) requested a team shot from me as well.

wifeyteamshot.gif

There it is ^^ I love how it came out. This is by far my least cramped up team shot, and, in strong contrast with Dark's, this went amazingly fast, because the sprites just work so well together ^^ My favorite part about it is Duskull, because he/she and Kasumi are holding hands ^^ Only bad part is Shedinja, I could've moved him a few pixels upwards, but that's just minor, and I'm still extremely happy with it ^^

~Weeds

Oh, but I do like this, actually~

The fact that it's from the trainer's perspective is fine, I like it this way as well<3

And Kasumi's team shot is very good as well!~ I love how, as you said, Kasumi and Duskull are holding hands.

Keep up the good work~

ohMYword!!~

That is just so cute and amazing and... hnnnnnnnnggghhhhh ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Duskull and I are holding hands!! :'//D
How adoracle! ^//3//^

I love how neatly you've arranged all of the Pokemon in a loose but tidy format around mee~
(and also how when I save the file it is title 'wifey team shot' :'//>)
This is just fantastic! :'//D
Thank you~~ ♥ ♥

And I like Darky's too! I love how thePokemon seem to be blossoming outwards from his trainer- it's very pretty *////3////*

*Kasumi uber glomps Weeds for the mega brilliant request ♥*

Thank you again, so much! :'//D
Kasumi xxx

It's great that you both like your requests so much! ^^ There's always a certain amount of tension with requests, as you can never know wether or not the receiver will like the final version. But I'm really glad that you're so happy with yours! ^^ The holding hands thing was actually discovered by accident, and it wasn't Duskull holding Kasumi's hand originally. At first I wanted Gengar on our right, and I was moving him around. Then I accidentally placed him so they were holding hands, and I thought it looked cute. It still felt as if Gengar didn't "need" the handholding so much, so I went with Duskull instead, the least evoloved, and therefore probably the newest, youngest and shiest member of the team ^^ And also the file is saved as wifeyteamshot because that's the file name I saved it under :3

After a few days of tedious work, which involved scrapping one attempt and starting completely anew, even with a different base, I now present to you...

glacia.gif

Agatha. Glacia. She's not brilliant, but she's ok ^^ A lot better than that first attempt, anyway... *shudders* I was going to move her hands a little, but I forgot didn't think it was necessary. As I said, I don't find her as good as Sidney or Phoebe, but I can live with the outcome ^^ (Although I am pretty happy with the skirt ^^)

glaciateamshot.gif

And also a team shot ^^ I didn't really think she'd have a Glaceon, but it just fit so well in that space in front of Glacia ^^; Also, i knew from the start that I wanted to troll a little and give Froslass to both Phoebe and Glacia |D

So, next up would be Drake then, but I'll see if i can do some other sprites before that ^^

~Weeds

You kidding Weeds? That's fantastic!

Hard to believe you're new to the trainer game, because I knew from the start that was Glacia. I am sort of jealous that you got such an awesome sprite style going.

And brilliant team shots, and I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MORE. :) awesome.

Okayz, that Glacia sprite is well done. Nicely shaded and proportioned. Except from those arms. They don't look like part of her body and are way too short. Still, apart from that it's really good.

adgboawdpafn that Megaman sprite is so well shaded and stuff and uses awesome perspective~

Thanks for the comments guys! I see what you mean with the arms, Toastie, but I think it's because of the purple shoulder-puff thingies. I pretty much left the arm as it was, escept for making it a bit thicker. And thanks for the comment on the Megaman sprite as well, although strangely Paint messed it up pretty bad, adding random brighter pixels in it. That's why the colors aren't even, and I have no idea why it did that :X

But now..

rotom-z.gif

BLEEP BLOOP.
Just a random quick splice I did. It wasn't really complicated or anything, but I still like this Rotom-Z, in all its simplicity ^^
Taking somewhat of a pause from the Hoenn E4 project, seeing as I haven't done really anything besides trainer sprites recently. I can at the same time announce that I have another huge project underway, but I won't reveal any details as of now ^^

Remember, requests are still open if you'd like one! ^^

~Weeds

I really like Phoebe. I mean, reeeaally like her. o u o She looks rather official; I LOVE her towel/skirt/thingy~ It's shading's wonderful :> (or even Weedsderful~!)

And eeeeeeeeeeee the Rotom-Z is so nice |D Even though it's quite simple, it just goes so well :> (I think Rotom-Z and my Rotom gijinka have made me like Rotom a lot more o - o

Me me meeeee I wanna be a nag and request <333
C-could I get a Drifloon x Rotom splice, please, m-mister Weeds-senpai? o ///w/// o
(I was tempted to say a Tunduli x Rotom splice but I wouldn't know if you'd be able to do that; or even want to |D)

Thankyousomuchweeds <333
Keep up the goodness, yo ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Tunnie! I'm really proud of Phoebe as well, the towel-skirt came out really nice, and I actually used a different technique for the hair then I'd ever done before (feels all wise when he's talking about different techniques of spriting >:3)

I'd be happy to do a request for you! It's an honor to do somrthing for the lady who basically taught me everything I know about trainer spriting, and to have said lady comment on my trainer sprotes... It means a lot. Thank you Tunnie, and I shall get crackin' on your request ASAP ^^

~Weeds

rotoon.gif

Noo, what do you mean I went overboard with the lightning?

There we go. A cute little balloon transformed into a maniacal thunder-spider-thing. And TBH, I kinda like it ^^

~Weeds

... Eeeeeheeeee <333

It's so adorable! :'D I love its little angry expression and all of the little lightning spikes :> Truly 'squeeeeeefssassadasdfgh'-worthy :'D
I'll probably put it in my signature at some point or other <33

Do moar, do moar! <33

All right folks, here is some more because Tunny said so

banevoir.gif

This scary thing comes with a little story.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful and wise Gardevoir, who everybody loved. Except for one Pokémon, Banette. Banette was envious of Gardevoir's wisdom and beauty, and she wanted these for herself. So, one night, Banette snuck into Gardevoir's home, and while the latter was sleeping, Banette posessed her. For the first couple of days, there was no physical difference, only a few emotional ones. But one day Gardevoir's white dress turned darker, and her head grew in size and transformed into that of the cursed doll's. Slowly Gardevoir started losing control over her body, and soon she was but a vague memory in Banette's new body.

Kinda creepy, huh. This is what I do on Valentine's day :X

Here is an even more posessed form, where Banette has started to grow more comfortable in the body and tweaked it slightly for her own pleasure.

Altbanevoir.gif

~Weeds

yessssss Weeeeeeedsssss obey meeeeeeee

asdfgjhjhhhhhgggnnngnghghgh it might be really creepy but it's really cool <33

I like the way Banette's head just fits onto Gardevoir's bodyyyyyyy c: It works well and she looks really graceful and devious 8D AND THEN there's the hat version which is even moar <333 I've always loved Mismagius' hat and it fits on nicely and looks cool, yo :>

Keep it up, Weeds-kun ♥

O.o Wut.
How come that Gardette/Banoir seems so cool? I highly doubt I have seen something so awesome in quite some time. And there's Driflom/Rofloon being all angry and stuff.And it kinda reflects my mood yesterday. Meh.
Do more! Please!

Thanks for your comments Tun and Praure! Glad you like Banevoir ^^

So, we're going to Austria on Saturday, so you won't see any sprites from me in a while. I'll be back some time next week, but I can't say when that time is. Butbut, I'll leave you with something special until then.

Something very special.

mysterystarter1.gif
mysterystarter2.gif
mysterystarter3.gif

~Weeds

Ooh! Ooh! Starters! Right? Either way, they have me wondering what the heck they are :> THey all look interesting.

That had better be starters xD

Seriously though, they look awesome~ I'll love you forever if the third silhouette is Fire, but it's probably Water.

I can't wait to see them~

Right guys, ready or not, here they come ;)

hopleaf.gif

#001 Hopleaf
Light Leaf Pokémon
[HOP-leef, hop+leaf] (nooo, you've got to be kidding! D:)
Grass.jpg

Ability: Overgrow: Multiplies the power of Grass type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Hopleaf can usually be seen in large, open areas, hopping around and flapping with their leaves. While they aren't strong enough to fly, the wind can carry them for miles.
Hopleaf --lv. 16-> ?? --lv. 35-> ??

FUN FACTS: Hopleaf was the last of the three starters to be drawn on paper, but the first to be sprited. This means that Hopleaf was my first ever fully scratched sprite. The obly thing I knew when designing Hopleaf was the design of its final evo, which is not very much FYI ^^;

firit.gif

#004 Firit
Mischevious Pokémon
[FEE-rit, fire+spirit, also anagram of Ifrit, Final Fantasy fire-summon]
Fire.jpg

Ability: Blaze: Multiplies the power of Fire type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Be cautious while wandering in the dark! Firit are very miscevious and love to lead lone wanderers astray. When happy, they can flare up to double in size.
Firit --lv. 15-> ?? --lv. 34-> ??

FUN FACTS: Firit was the last of the three starters to be sprited, and the one that came out worst IMO. Throughout the planning process of these three, I was least happy with Firit's, because it was so simple. Still, this was better than my original fire starter, a fire-type Bastiodon wannabe ^^;

streagon.gif

#007 Streagon
River Serpent Pokémon
[STREE-gon, stream + dragon]
Water.jpg

Ability: Torrent: Multiplies the power of Water type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: In the springtime, the naturally shy Streagon can be seen playing around in brooks and creeks. They are generally shy around people, but will grow very close to their trainer.
Streagon --lv. 17-> ??--lv. 36-> ??

FUN FACTS: I designed Streagon a very long time ago. I doodled a random cute dragon in my school notebook, and figured that it could be a water-type starter. In the begginning, however, Streagon was very undetailed and unprofessional, so I made some minor tweaks in the design. Out of these three, I'd pick Streagon as my starter.​

So that's them then. These three are my first 100% scratched sprites, and I'm damn proud of 'em. Sorry to disappoint you 'bout the fire starter Dark, but don't worry, I think you will find a surprise to your liking later on in the Foral Pokédex ;)

~Weeds

Mr Weeds has risen from the dead!
He has brought back awesome sprites to stare at too :O! I have to say they look really official! I wish I could scratch sprites as good as you, they just look great! Like you yourself said I am very fond of Streagon! I just love the 'lil guy! I guess I will have to raise the bar of my scratched sprites with you and Tun way ahead of me :') (not to mention everyone else..!)
Keep up the tremendous work! I can't wait to see more of the Foral region, Mr Weeds ;]!

Shaymin ~*

Whoop~ Mr. Weeds came back! Now we will be able to see more of his awesome sprites~
WHAT?! He revealed the starters? They all look so awesome~ I just love them! And just like you and Shaymin, I would pick Streagon as my starter~ He's just too cool! But sheesh, what's with me and Water starters? Oshawott, then Pleuvowl made by Shaymin, now Streagon... Jeez, with three Water starters, real or fake, I would flood my school... Hehehehehehehe~ *evil grin*

Cool starters :) And you scratched these? Amazing! But out of the three, I would choose Hopleaf, because of it's adorableness ^-^

Friend request received and accepted, thank you Praure ^^ I'm going to upload more videos with more sprites, most of which will have been posted here. So you'll be watching the videos mostly for the music, I guess ^^; And Shay~, you're a very good scratcher yourself, and I'm not by far as good as Tun. Two mistakes in the same post! ^^

~Weeds

Ah, well, a water dragon is just as awesome as a fire dragon. xD

Seriously though, Streagon is awedorablesome. I like the shading. how it's slightly Dratini-like and how it's a baby-blue sea dragon with arms. OF DOOM. xD

And Firit!~ I like the idea of a fire spirit starter, and how it's mischievous. I hope the final evo is a bad-ass fire demon. Hurrr. Maybe you could try to make the face more... Face-like? Emphasize the mouth and eyes?

Also, I get the feeling that Hopleaf is really small. Like, really really small. And that it's somehow related to the Hoppip evo line. xD

It looks really good, though, excellent shading and colourwork~

Ooh, a surprise? Well, now I must stalk this thread forever O:< (I hope it has something to do with lightning. Durrr. ♥)

Sorry guys, but I haven't been spriting much lately :X Basically Pokémon White happened. I'm ashamed to say that I jave done neither Hoenn E4 sprites or Fakemon *is ashamed in a corner u.u*

BUT I'm not such a douche that I'd post here to say I've done nothing, so...

jake.gif

Have a teenaged Jake.

persipom.gif

And a Persipom. With extra stripes on top.

~Weeds

Heh... Heh heh... I've seen Jake somewhere... But that doesn't make him any less cooler! I like how he looks like a "cool" person (I'm sure that was your goal <.<)
And next we have... Persipom! I like it a lot! Heck, I wish it would be real~ I would train it~ And now I'm wondering: is Persipom pure Normal or Normal/Dark?
And you totally don't need to be ashamed! After these sprites, everything is forgiven! So get out of the corner now!
Anyways, keep up the great work~ And happy playing~

Well, since Persipom is created out of two Normal-types, it'd probably be pure normal. Although I do see where you're coming from with the Dark, it does look a little like a Liepard with that color and those stripes :3

mysterystarter12.gif
mysterystarter22-1.gif
mysterystarter32.gif

WARNING!

They all look better in shadow form than with colors :X
Recolored one and redid another, so now they're actually acceptable :D

~Weeds

HOLY SHIT. YOU DID STARTERS EVOLUTIONS. YOU ARE AWESOME.
No seriously, Streagon's evo looks so badass. And so does Hopleaf's and Firit's. I wonder if those are final, if not, then just holy cow. Reveal them soon~

Oh look, the evo's~

Hopleaf's evolution looks really awesome, as does Streagon's. But I'm especially pumped to see Firit's evolution, since it looks really bad-ass here~

And the Persipom is cool o:

Persipom I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant ♥

And hnnnnnngsdfghjkl Firit's evoooo ://o
I'm so excited!!~
I can't wait to see them all- they look amazing! :'//D
<33333333

Kasu-nyan xxxx

*Indie is excited*

I sit and wait longingly for these shadowy masterpieces to be unveiled. They all look amazing, in every pixel. :)

Hey guys?

The time.

It has come.

levitwig-1.gif

# 002 Levitwig
Forest Pokémon
[le-vi-TWIG, levitate + twig]
Grass.jpg
/
Flying.jpg

Ability: Overgrow: Multiplies the power of Grass type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Upon evolution, Levitwig moves from the open grasslands into the forests. While Hopleaf could not fly, this Pokémon will spend as much time as possible in the air. It sleeps by clinging on to branches with its arms.
Hopleaf -- lv. 16 -> Levitwig -- lv. 35 -> ??

FUN FACTS: Out of the second forms of the starters, Levitwig was the last one to be designed. At first it was supposed to be a bipedal Digimon-like creature with twigs for wings, but it didn't fit with the final evo, so I went with this instead. Still, the difference between Hopleaf and Levitwig is pretty big, almost like a Digi-volution or whatever it's called ^^;

Ignirit-1.gif

# 005 Ignirit
Mischevious Pokémon
[ig-NEE-rit, ignite + spirit]
Fire.jpg
/
Ghost.jpg

Ability: Blaze: Multiplies the power of Fire type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Ignirit are very hard to control. They love playing pranks on others, sometimes being downright evil. Training one is very difficult, as they will only take commands from the strongest and most worthy of trainers.
Firit -- lv. 15 -> Ignirit -- lv. 34 -> ??

FUN FACTS: Ignirit didn't change at all throughout the planning process of these Pokés, just like its pre-evo. After designing it I thought it was a little uncreative, all it did was open its eyes and receive two more flaming orbs (being careful with the word balls here...), but I was amazingly proud after I finished the sprite. When I though the line up, gen V was completely unheard of, so the Fire/Ghost typing was still new.

Drapid.gif

# 008 Drapid
River Serpent Pokémon
[DRA-pid, draco + rapid]
Water.jpg

Ability: Torrent: Multiplies the power of Water type moves by 1.5 when at 33% health or less
Pokédex Entry: Drapid are fiercly territorial and protective of their young. They live in packs that inhabit a river each, and will only let the young Streagon play with members of other packs. In springtime they will have ferocious battles for mates.
Streagon -- lv. 17 -> Drapid – lv. 36 → ??

FUN FACTS: Streagon's line was the first line to be designed, including this. The original idea worked on the same principals as this, but the original Drapid looked much more frail, even sickly. It had tufts of hair running along its spine, and looked almost gross. But, in the end, I love this thing. It's one of the main reasons why I'd pick Streagon as my starter.​

So, dats dem evos den. Working on the final forms, but I can't promise they'll be as good ^^;

~Weeds

Ohmigoshwowotheevosareuphnnnnnnnnnnng<333

And check out Squiffy!
He's looking so PWN there with his little fire balls orbs and angsty little face all SRS and stuffs :'//DD
*getting carried away

Ehem.
But Levitwig; I liiiiiiike too ://>
He has some seriously sexy wing designs going on there if I do say so ♥
And I love all of your dex entries- "..downright evil."
LOL'd x'//D

Drapid is so cool, neeeeeeeeeh
I love his pose- glancing over his should- WAIT.
Er, nontheless, he reminds me of a Croconaw back in Gen. 2 and I have to say it's pretty cute ^//^

Squiffy though... Squiffy is win ♥
And you thought I was joking. Oh foolish hubby >://3

Can't wait to see more, hint hi- *SHOT
Wifey xxx

DRAPIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I love it so much! I want Streagon and his evos right now!! Can you give one for me? Please? Pretty pleaaaase?
No, seriously, I love all of these evos, I can't really pick out my favorite.... But Drapid wins it (just because Streagon is insanely awesome) Now I want to see the final forms! I hope they're finished soon.... I should stop this....

Helllllll

Yesssss~

Seriously, Weeds, the evo's are awesome. I had suspected Hopleaf's evo would focus on cute looks- Like the Chikorita line, really- But this has to be one of the most awesome Grass-types I've ever seen. The huge claws are awesome, and the head fits.

And Ignirit<33 I love how it got arms, and it actually has eyes now, which is awesome. Fire effects are really awesome, yet again~ I can't wait to see the final evo.

I'm sorry to say that Drapid is my least favourite of the three. In my opinion, it would look better if the rows of scales along the spine were more emphasised, because it still looks a bit like hair. Maybe the body could be a bit longer, too.

Keep it up~

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! I must say I really like how these critters came out ^^

@Kasumi: I knew you weren't kidding about the Squiffy thing, that's why I was so alarmed when you brought it up, I knew you were serious :> The thing about the Streagon line is it's a big ripoff of the Totodile line xD Both are Water type dragon thingies, and they have the same color scheme. Drapid's eye is even a direct copy of Crocognaw's ^^;

@Praure: Thankee! ^^ I love Drapid too, those claws make it llook really ferocious (loving your own fakemon that much is never a good sign ^^; )

@Dark: Ahaa, see the thing about those scales is they ARE actually fur ^^ I didn't want to make it too long, since it's still only the second form of the line. I used Crocognaw as a base for size for it (more totodile ripping off ^^; ), and it was already quite a bit bigger.

~Weeds

Weeds said:
  • Please comment on my work before requesting. If you don't your request will be ignored.

I'm quite fine with the friends I have, thank you.

I'm aware that my updates have been less frequent recently, but now that the worst parts of school are dealt with, spritework should start showing up again. Your patience shall be rewarded ^^

~Weeds

It has been a while since I have commented here ~
Anyway, the designs for the Fakémon are great, I just love the detail you have put into them!
I would just have to take every one of 'em >.> it will be interesting to see their last evolutions. Can't wait to see more sprites ^^ (anddd to be honest those Fakémon look legit).

Shaymin ~*

Thank you Shay! TBH I thought the first forms came out better, but I'm glad you like 'em ^^

linelessmagneton.gif

Coulda sworn I'd uploaded this :X After seeing the fantastic lineless Metagross in Carmen's sig (made by Tunmaster), I decided I wanted to make a lineless of something metallicy. It came out nice, IMO (and i totally love Magneton more than Magnezone, that abomination is fugly >:()

~Weeds