• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

Flame walked up to Airalyn and said, "Thanks, it's always been friendly. Ever since it hatched as a Pichu." He noticed her shy tone and just smiled at her. "Your Skiddo is amazing too, what with its speed and everything," he said gesturing to Skiddo, "I'm Flame, what's your name?"

"I'm Airalyn and this is my Skiddo, Ariel." Airalyn said, "You're in blue group, right?"

As Airalyn talked with Flame, she grew more comfortable with people. She wasn't as shy anymore.

Kat had to run to catch up with the tour, but she had heard her name get out into Blue. She sighed. She has read the pamphlet about the school, but didn't remember what the Blue team meant. Oh well.
Kat had arrived late since she lived much farther than most of the others, since she had lived in Alola, Melemele island to be precise, and the kahuna wanted to wish her off with a gift, which she was holding in her arms.
Wataria was singing to herself, gazing around dreamily. Kat bopped her nose to tell her to quiet down, and she did. Kat payed attention to the your after that.

Danny sprinted to catch up to the group. HE was sweating. A lot. Saizo chased behind him closely. " Sorry, I'm late!" An Idea popped in frogadier's head as he created a water pulse. he fired it towards the ground and a puddle formed. Danny, not noticing the puddle, he continued his sprint towards the tour. HE slipped on the puddle and Frogadier snickered from behind.

"Yeah, I'm guessing you're also in team Blue huh?" Flame asked. He noticed Airalyn's shy tone disappearing and he couldn't help but smile. "So where are you from Airalyn?" he asked, "I'm from Kanto."

Soon the trainers reached the two towers. "The one on the left is more the boys and the other one is for the girls." Said Mr. Conebridge. Soon the teachers began handing out schedules with their room numbers.

Soon, accompanied by Professor Cedar, and his new fulling healed Charmander, which he decided to name Burst, Zak arrived to where he other students were. Then Profesor Cedar handed Zak his schedule and walked away. "Have fun dude," said the professor as he walked away. Zak read his schedule. He was in Room 25. He rushed towards the building were he would spend his school year, with Pax and Burst following close behind.

Last edited:
Kat walked up to Professor Cedar, noting that, like Professor Kukui, he had a tree name. Huh.
"'Scus me, Professor? I arrived a few minutes ago and I'd like to know if I missed anything important." Her voice was quiet, but she tried to speak loud enough for him to hear. Wataria, obviously bored, started blowing bubbles.

"I'm from Alola." Airalyn said.

She started to walk around and look at all of the different places at the school. She saw classrooms and offices and t the one place she had been looking for, the riding track.

"You're getting your schedules and going towards your dorm," said Professor Cedar towards Kat, "You might want to go pick yours up dude." He smiled, nodded and walked away towards his lab.

As Airalyn walked she overheard the professor say something about schedules so she walked over to him and saw a schedule with her name on it lying on a table. She picked it up and saw that she had classes soon. She looked at the bottom and found her room number. It was 9.

She went into the girls tower and into room 9. It was a small room with one bed and a set of drawers.

She put down her bag and started filling the drawers with her possessions. She had a brush, some bandages and lots of books. She walked out of the tower and hopped on Ariel's back.

Kat picked up her schedule as well, finding herself in Room 12
"Well, Wataria, I heard of others from Alola here. Maybe we can find them?" Wataria nodded in agreement.
Deciding on making her a bit more comfortable, Kat got out her fish tank she had brought, filled it with water, and put the Popplio in.
"See, Mom thought I was crazy for bringing that thing, but look at you now, all comfy!" Kat bopped Wataria's nose, picked up the tank, and started wandering around campus, finding herself walking towards a swimming pool, leaving her stuff scattered around her bed.

Last edited:
Zak opened the door to his room. There was a table, dresser, chair and bed. Zak walked in and collapsed on the bed, leaving the door wide open. Pax and Burst climbed onto the bed and laid down next to Zak. Even though it was in the middle of the afternoon, he was beat.

Airalyn had just finished the short riding track. She was riding around the school when she saw the professor. "Hi Professor!" She called out as her Skiddo came to a stop.

"Hello Airalyn," he said smiling, "What do you think of the Academy?"

Zak opened his eyes to see Pax repeatedly jumping up and down. "Do you wanna explore?" He asked his two Pokémon. Pax nodded his head excitedly and Burst yawned. "I'll take that as a yes."

Flame saw a lot of students heading to the same direction and said to himself, "I wonder what we missed?" Just as he said it, Dr. Larse walked up to him and said, "Well everyone is getting their schedule and seeing their dorm rooms." Flame turned around and saw it was his dad. "Hey Flame! Pikachu!" Dr. Larse greeted. "Pika!" Pikachu let out a happy cry, while Flame sighed and said, "Hey dad." Dr. Larse just chuckled and responded with saying, "Still haven't gotten over me being here huh? Well I was going to tell you, but you already reached Vermilion City by the time I finished packing." He then handed Flame his schedule. Flame sighed again but this time with a smile and said, "Well, I guess I'm stuck here with you." He then took the schedule and headed to his dorm and said to his dad, "I'll see ya later!" Dr. Larse chuckled and replied, "All right, see ya kiddo!"

When she found the swimming pool, Kat put her Popplio in, took off her shoes and socks, and relaxed with her toes in the water. Wataria swam around happily as Kat looked up at the clouds. She wished it was night time like she was accustomed too, but she could get used to the new schedule.

As Ry walked out of his dorm he saw Flame.
"Hey Flame! He's all better," said Zak waving his arms. Burst then yawned loudly, while Pax jumped on Ry's head and shouted, "Pancham!"

Airalyn started riding again and found the long riding path. Skiddo started to trot down the path as she looked for new Pokemon. The path was really nice, there were wild flowers growing by the edge of the path and vines hanging from the tree branches. As she was riding she found a huge willow tree draped with flowers and leaves. She decided to make this her secret tree.

She sat down under it and pulled out her book on legendary Pokemon.

Danng took his schedule in peace. He cursed under his breath,"wow, no one's here is polite like in Kalos, Why's uncle Sycamore swnd me here anyway," Frogadier still snickered, but Danny just glared at him.

Kat looked around at what she could see from the pool. There were plenty of students hanging out around the campus, yet here she was, alone with her Popplio at the pool. The latter attempted to cheer up her trainer, noticing her sad expression, but Kat was too lost in thought.

Last edited:
Pax jumped off his trainers head and ran towards a Frogadier. "Pan," said Pax sticking his fist out for a fist bump. He liked this Frogadier, it a sass. Zak then looked around an saw that Pax was missing. "Not again," he mumbled under his breath. Again, oblivious to the situation, Burst let loose a loud yawn.

"Don't think I'm not mad at you too,Saizo," Danny said as the smile faded from Saizo's face. Danny kicked the puddle in anger," You're gonna make me the laughing stalk of the school, Saizo!"

Kat hadn't noticed Wataria leave the pool and walk over to a boy and his charmander, a Pokemon that Wataria didn't recognise. The Popplio greeted the mysterious Pokemon in a friendly manner, hoping to try and introduce the trainer to Kat.

After a while, Airalyn closed the book and stood up. It was very peaceful here. She got on Skiddo and rode back to the school.

Flame noticed Zak and ran towards him. "Wow really that's amazing!" he said and focused on the Charmander. "I'm so glad you're feeling better now," he said to the Charmander. Pikachu leaned closer from Flame's should and cried happy, "Pikachu!" Flame noticed Zak looking for Pax and said to him, "Well, I guess you better go look for it. I'll catch you later alright!" Flame then ran inside the dorm.

Danny stood up and calmed down he gestured for Saizo to follow and waved to Pax's trainer. Frogadier fist bumped Pax back and followed Danny towards the dorms.

OOC sorry I haven't been posting I haven't been get alerts

Jack was looking around when he saw Kat "hi!" He waved as he walked over to her "I'm jack who are you?" He asked with a smile

Pax rushed towards Zak as fast as he could. Zak waved back when he saw the boy and his Frogadier. Then Pax bumped into the Popplio and fell onto his butt. "Pan pan," said Pax in a apologetic tone.

As Ava rode around the school she noticed a bunch of people gathered by the pool. She was nervous about talking to them so she was about to walk away, then she remembered Flame and how good it felt to talk to him. She walked over to the group and introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Airalyn..." Airalyn said shyly

Wataria giggled "Pop li!" She greeted the fire-type.

"Oh. Hello. I'm Kat." She greeted quietly, but then she noticed her Popplio missing. "Wataria?! Wataria where are you?" Kat got up, putting on her shoes and socks quickly. "I'm sorry, I have to go find my Pokemon," She apologized, and then she left, looking around until she spotted Wataria chatting with a fire-type.

Frogadiernoticed another water type talking to Pax. He decided do go talk to them. He greeted them with a loud," Froga--dierrr (Hi, I'm Saizo!)!" Danny followed Frogadier and said," Fine, do what you want."

Flame and Pikachu found their room which is Room 30. Flame opened the door and was amazed from it. The first thing they did was lie down on the bed. "Wow, now this takes me back," he said as he recalled some memories of the last academy he was in. Pikachu then cried happily, "Chaaa!" "Right, this time is different because you're here this time!" he said to Pikachu. They both got off of the bed, left the room, and decided to explore the school

Wataria was greeting the water-type just as Kat jogged up to the group.
"There... you are... Wataria..." She managed to say through her panting. Kat was not the best at running...

Danny caught up to Frogadier and said," Come here you slimey little...," he stopped when he saw Kat," Oh, Hi I'm, Danny nice to meet you ,mademoiselle," He grabbed Frogadier tightly

(Ooc: Danny's from Kalos, so he is sort of French, but Ill slip in and out of being french and english)

Kat tilted her head slightly, but still greeted this stranger with the traditional Alolan wave
"Alola... Uhm... Pardon me for asking but what does... mademoiselle mean?"

(OOC: If you dont know what the Alolan wave is, it's when you wave to the left with your left hand, and to the right with your right hand, at the same time. I dont know if everyone here has played it or know specifically what I'm talking about and I don't like confusing people)

"Sorry, Kalos habit, I believe it means miss," Danny said squeezing Frogadier tighter. He looked a Kat and said," Are you from Alola, mademoiselle, I've never seen a dance like that?"

Flame got out of the dorm and pondered what to do now. He could try to make new friends because the only people he knows here are Zak and Airalyn. Or he could explore campus and get to know the place. As he thinks, Pikachu got off his shoulder and walked ahead a bit to see what's there to do.

"Dance? No, not a dance, that's how we wave. But yes, I'm from Alola. I have heard of special dances in Alola, when paired with special crystals. Sadly, I was unable to get a crystal before I left." Kat shrugged casually, "Oh well." Kat bopped Wataria's nose playfully.

"Oh, Yes, I've heard of those, I believe they're called Z-moves, In Kalos, They give Top- tier trainers Keystones for Mega Evolution, mademoiselle," Danny stated. "The only speaking custom is saying, Non 'Jour and mademoiselle."