• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

Airalyn walked into the forest and found the tree. It was the huge willow draped with flowers and vines.

"I thought maybe this could be something only the blue team knew about, it's a nice quiet spot." Airalyn told Flame.

When they arrived, Flame was amazed at the tree. "Wow, it's amazing!" he said to Airalyn. Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder and went to go smell the flowers. "Chaaa!" Pikachu cried out with delight.

"Well... there's one problem," Flame said, "I don't know any other team blue members." Pikachu noticed the Lillipup and went towards it. "Pikachu!" Pikachu said greeting it.

"Oh, uh, it's okay." Kat tried to think of how to respond, besides "its okay" but then realized he was already gone. "Wataria, Lolita, it's time to go." Wataria made an aggravated noise in response but Lolita came walking over. She picked them both up and put them on her shoulder, then walked outside.

(OCC: Pikachu is a boy and is trying to be friends with Lillipup.)

"A Popplio?" Flame repeated Airalyn, "I think I heard of that Pokemon before." He pulled out his Pokedex to check. "Popplio, the sea lion Pokemon," the Pokedex said, "This Pokémon can control water bubbles. It practices diligently so it can learn to make big bubbles."

"Yeah, I think she has a Popplio and a gothita" Airalyn said.

Lillipup looked at the flower and then took it in his mouth.

"Lilli!"

"I see, a Popplio and a Gothita. So she can't be to hard to miss." Flame said. Pikachu was happy that Lillipup accept the flower and jumped a bit out of joy, "Pika pikachu!"

"A lot of Pokemon also come here to play" Airalyn said.

She walked over to the trunk of the tree where she found a Pachirisu and a pidgey playing happily.

"Really? Then that must mean not that many people know about this place, so it's a perfect place for Pokemon to come and play." Flame said. He realized that Fletchling might like this place. So he brought out its Pokeball and let it out. "Fletchling fletch!" Fletchling cried out.

Zander stood in the center of a small opening in the woods. After being assigned to red team he didn't make much effort in learning about his peers, he just wanted to see the island. He could hear the sound of grass rustling as he closed his eyes and counted. "1...2...3...4...5" as he reached 5 a small yellow spot could be seen appearing and disappearing in the distance.

Zak exited the Pokémon center with the fully healed Palpitoad. He sent it out of its pokeball. The water and ground type stood for a moment and angrily faced his new trainer.
"Okay, you'll need a name, how about Whirl?" Asked Zak. Palpitoad shook his head. "Aqua?" Again Palpitoad shook his head. "Tobias?" Asked Zak saying a random name. Palpitoad nodded his head. "Okay from now on, your name is Tobias." Said Zak smiling.
Tobias rolled his eyes and wandered off towards the forest.
"Wait up," shouted Zak chasing his new Pokémon, with Pax and Burst behind him.

Again, he counted "1...2...3...4...5" again, a small blur. "Okay.....you ready Leo?" He looked down at his partner, Wartortle. "War!" Leo said flexing. Zander focused on one spot "1...2...3...4...Water Gun!" Leo shot a powerful water gun at what appeared to be nothing, at the last minute, a wild Abra appeared and was knocked back by a the powerful blast. "Okay, here we go!" Zander breathed heavily before throwing a pokeball at the Abra. "tick.....tick....tick......ting!" it was caught. "YES!!" he jumped up swinging Leo around as he did so. "We got it!"

Tobias walked through the forest until he saw a berry tree. He head butted it causing some fruit to fall. Then he ate some of it.
"Tobias, you can't wander off like that," said Zak catching up to the Palpitoad. Tobias responded by firing a Water gun towards Zak. Zak jumped out of the way last minute, causing the blast to fly through the forest.

Zander walked over and picked up the pokeball. "Great, now we shou-" Zander was cut off as he saw a large blast of water tearing through trees, and it was approaching him. "Leo!" As he shouted he crossed his arms over his body and Leo fired a water gun at the blast. A large boom was heard as the attacks hit, After a few moments of silence a light rain started. "Whoa.....we gotta go see what that was. C'mon Leo!" He shouted as they took off into the direction the blast came from.

Zak saw the explosion and rushed towards it. He then saw a brown haired boy with a Wartortle. "Sorry about that," he said as the boy got closer. He returned Tobias to his pokeball, while Pax jumped on his head and Burst snored quietly on his shoulder.

"Sorry, my Palpitoad is freshly caught and doesn't take orders lightly," mumbled Zak, resisting the urge to put his goggles on. Pax tilted his head towards the new arrivals, while Burst just slept, oblivious to the situation.

"Hm......." Zander stared at this stranger for a moment before smiling. "Well glad to know everything is okay, im Zander, and this is Leo" he gestured to his Wartortle who was tilting his head while staring at Pax.

"My name is Zak and this is Pax and Burst," he said pointing at his two Pokémon who were outside their pokeballs. "The Palpitoad's name is Tobias, and we're from the Red Team."

"Im also on the red team, didnt take much time to get acquainted with everyone, the island was just to interesting." He was tossing his Abra's pokeball in the air and catching it as he spoke. "But ive got to go to the pokemon center and heal up" He pulled his hood on and had Leo return.

"I'll go with you, I need to find Professor Cedar and tell him I caught the rouge Palpitoad." Said Zak. Pax looked up into the branches above and saw them rustle. He shook his head, ignoring it. Pax sprawled out on his trainer's free shoulder, and tried to take a nap.

"Huh...sure I guess, lets go" Zander slid his hands in his pockets and began walking in the direction of the pokemon center. He had his eyes closed but it wasnt noticeable under his hood.

Zak walked a little bit and froze. He looked up and saw the trees rustling even more now. Then he was what was making the noise. An angry Primeape, who was carrying the Professor.
"Somebody help me,!" Shouted Professor Cedar as he was taken from treetop to treetop.
"We gotta save him," Zak shouted as he turned around to run in the direction the Primeape was headed.

Zanders eyes shot open as he released both his pokemon. "Abra teleport in front of the Primape! Leo use your strongest water gun!" The confused Abra managed to figure out the situation and teleported in front of the Primeape, confused by Abras sudden appearance, the Primeape stopped before it was hit directly in the back with a water gun making it fall from the tree. "Save the professor!" Zander yelled as he entered combat with the now enraged Primeape.

Primeape stumbled back as he was slammed by Leo. The fighting type fell off the tree and landed on the ground. "Pax use Aerial Ace." Commanded Zak. The Pancham rushed the fighting type pushing it back once again.

The Primeape screeched as he was bitten. "Go Slash!" Shouted Zak. Pax rushed the fellow fighting type and slashed in a wide arc. Then a heavy ball dropped down and caught the Primeape.
"Thanks for the help Zak, and um hey what's your name dude?" Asked Professor Cedar from his tree branch.

"Return Leo, you deserve a good rest" He said to his weakened pokemon before turning to the professor. "Right....im Zander, im a member of the red team....and im assuming your Professor Cedar, correct?"

"Right-o, now follow me if you please." He said, jumping off the tree and landing on his feet. He picked up the Heavy Ball and walked ahead. "Hurry up you two."

Professor Cedar led them his to a large lab, just outside the forest. When the trainer's were inside, Professor Cedar pointed towards a long table. On the table was covered in starter Pokemon. There was one of each starter exept for a Charmander. That one was sitting on Zak's shoulder.
"For your help Zander, you may pick one of these starters." Said Professor Cedar making a waving motion towards the table.

Zander lowered his hood. "Wow really!?!?!?" His calm composure now gone and replaced by that of a small child. "Ooooooh tough choice." He said as he picked up a Torchic and looked at it from every side before putting it down and doing the same to Chikorita. He stood there contemplating for a moment before brightening up. "Oh! Leo come out" His Wartortle was released and looked over all the pokemon on the table. "Who do you think should help us out buddy?" Leo walked around all the pokemon with his hands behind his back. He slowly approached a Turtwig and swung a fist at it, the Turtwig caught Leo's fist in his mouth. "war war tortle!" Leo said gesturing at the Turtwig. "Hm....yeah okay, Turtwig"

"Turtwig, good choice. Make sure to raise it well." He said smiling.
"Um Professor," said Zak, "I caught the Palpitoad."
"Okay then take care of it. He will need a good home." Professor Cedar said. He then opened the door and noticed it was getting late. "You two might want to hurry back, Dinner is being served at the bottom floor of your dorms."

Zander looked down at the Turtwig before pointing the pokeball at it. "Okay, hm.......Terra, return" Turtwig disappeared into the pokeball. "Now ive just gotta name Abra...." He pulled his hood back up, regaining his calm composure. "Thank you Professor, ill heal my pokemon up then head there right after. See you in a bit Zak." He waved before he walked away. After he reached the pokemon center, he healed his pokemon bfore letting them out of the pokeballs. "Okay the, Leo, Terra, and........hm.....how about Syrus? I like it!" His team nodded in agreement before heading home for the night.

Last edited: