• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

"Mega Evolution? What's that like?" Kat had heard of Mega Evolution, but had never seen it or had it described to her. She wondered if Wataria could Mega Evolve? Even if she could, Kat didn't have any of the necessary stones she had heard about.

"It's when the bond between people and Pokémon is so strong, that it causes the Pokémon to transcend Evolution. It's only temporary, but very powerful and often a table turner in Pokemon battles, only a selcet few Pokémon have this ability," Danny exclaimed. He loved talking about mega evolution.

"Wow... Sounds amazing!" Kat thought for a moment. He had talked about something special from his region, maybe she could try and repay him? She tried to think of when she had seen anyone use a Z-Move. Then she remembered watching Kahuna Hala use Fightium Z. "I can show you the Z-Move dance for fighting types, I remember seeing it!" She got up, then mimicked the small dance.

(OOC: Uuughhgghgg I don't wanna type out the descriptionnnnnnnnnn ;_;)

"Hmm, So, I've heard they don't have gyms in Alola," Danny said as Frogadier escaped his grasp. Frogadier ran back to popplio. Danny sighed," I can't take him anywhere."

Kat chuckled "Yeah. But Professor Kukui said he wanted to make a Pokemon League there. I dont know if he's done it yet or not. But instead of gyms, we have trials and grand trials, captains and kahunas! All of it by doing the Island Challenge. That's also how you earn a Z-Ring and Z-Crystals."

(One last little ooc: If you can't tell, my character came here before the events of Pokemon S/M)

"Hmm, sounds different." Danny smirked. His socks were soggy from slipping in the puddle. He glared at Feogadier as if to say," Your sleeping outside tonight." Danny turned back to Kat and said," I'd much prefer Gyms to trials."

"Really? You wouldn't want to fight a Pokemon with super upped stats, that if you beat it you get another Z-Crystal to power up your Pokemon's moves with?" She smirked, satisfied with her argument.

Airalyn suddenly heard an ear-splitting cry coming from the forest.
It sounded like a Pokemon. Airalyn jumped in Skiddo and rode into the forest as fast as she could. She could see a poor Deerling being attacked by the Palpitoad. As it was about to hit Deerling with mud-shot, Airalyn jumped in front of the Deerling and took the hit.

Pikachu's ears perked up after hearing a cry of despair. He went to tell Flame about it and told him to follow, "Pika pika pi!" Flame nodded and followed his partner. They then see Airalyn getting attacked by the Palpitoad. "Pikachu Thunderbolt now!" Flame yelled out. The electric Pokemon launched it in front of the Palpitoad just like last time.

Airalyn fell to the ground as the mud-shot hit her. She quickly stood up and picked up the Deerling. She looked at Flame then jumped on Skiddo with the Deerling on her lap.

"Professor! Professor!" Airalyn yelled.

The Thunderbolt made a handful of smoke which gave Flame and Pikachu the chance to run back to campus. Both made it back by following Airalyn and her Skiddo. "Boy, that was close," he said. Pikachu agreed, "Pika."

Airalyn ran back to Flame and Pikachu.

"I can't find any of the professors!" Airalyn said looking down at the Deerling in her arms.

Flame looks around and no sign of his dad or any of the professors. "Looks like we'll have to take it to the Pokemon Center," he said, "you know where it is right?"

"Yeah, we can ride Skiddo" Airalyn said. They got into Skiddo's back and rode as fast as they could to the Pokemon Center. When they arrived Nurse Joy was at the front desk.

After a while, Professor Cedar said over the intercom, "Attention Students. I have great news. Today will be a free day. Please pick up a Pokedex and some Pokeball at the Pokémon Center."

Zak smiled when he heard the news. He, rushed towards the Pokémon Center, to pick up his stuff. Following the route he followed earlier, he reached the Pokémon center. He looked int to see the girl from before and Flame with a hurt Deerling. He grabbed his pokeball and pokedex and ran back towards the woods. He knew that that Palpitoad caused it, and he was going to catch it, so it couldn't hurt anyone else.

Flame watched as Nurse Joy took Deerling and began to do its treatment. "Don't worry," he said to Airalyn, "I'm sure Deerling is going to be alright." He then remembered what the professor said, and he picked up his pokedex and pokeballs.

Zak rushed through the forest, looking for the Palpitoad. Pax lead the way, acting as a guide. Then out of no where. The Palpitoad jumped out and fired a Mud Shot at Pax. Pax jumped out of the way and Zak shouted, "Use Stone Edge!" The Pancham fired sharp stones at the Palpitoad, knocking it backwards some.

Kat was wandering through the darker part of the forest, pokeball clutched in her hand. Wataria was shivering from fear. Suddenly, a small Pokemon came from one of the bushes.
"Gothita," The Pokedex spelled out in it's screen, "The Fixation Pokemon. Their ribbonlike feelers increase their psychic power. They are always staring at something."
Wataria and Kat nodded at each other, and a battle started. After going back and forth for a while, Kat finally got the Gothita at a weak state. She threw a Pokeball at it and counted the amount of times it wobbled.
Ching!

Kat laughed in delight as the Pokemon was caught. She decided to name it Lolita.

The Palpitoad continued his frontal assault of Water Guns. Pax dodged the majority of the blast and Zak shouted, "Now Slash." Pax rushed forward, and slashed at the Palpitoad. Palpitoad stumbled back and Zak threw a pokeball at it. 1, 2, 3 click. The Palpitoad was caught. Zak grabbed the Pokeball and ran back towards the Pokémon center, with Palpitoad's pokeball in hand.

Kat sprinted back to the Pokemon Center both Pokemon in their respective Pokeballs, and boy oh boy, she was grinning like an idiot.
She arrived at the Pokemon Center, where Nurse Joy promptly healed her Pokemon. She let both Pokemon out of their balls.
"Hello Lolita!" Kat smiled kindly at the Psychic type.
"Li!" Wataria greeted. Lolita smiled happily and did a small curtsie.
"You're so cute~" Kat fawned over the two Pokemon, absolutely ecstatic.

(OOC: I edited this due to me realizing that Gothita is not a Ghost type, but a Psychic type. Woops.)

Last edited:
Airalyn watched as Nurse Joy took the Deerling into the back room. She picked up her pokeballs and pokedex and decided to have a look around in the woods.

Flame watched Airalyn leave and decided to leave her be after everything that has happened. He and Pikachu went to the forest to find a new Pokemon to catch. A while after of walking, Flame spotted a Fletchling on a branch. "A Fletchling!" he said and he brought out his Pokedex. "Fletchling, the tiny robin Pokemon," the Pokedex said, "These friendly Pokémon send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements." Flame decided that he would catch it. "All right, ready Pikachu?" Flame asked his partner. "Pika!" Pikachu answered full of energy. It then move forward to face off against Fletchling.

Airalyn sat on Skiddo as they slowly walked through the forest. She went under her tree and saw that a bunch of hungry Pokemon had gathered. She pulled out some berries from her bag and gave them to the Pokemon. She looked at all the Pokemon and saw a Lillipup sitting alone behind the tree. Airalyn went over to it and picked it up, it looked at her and then went to sleep. Airalyn put the Lillipup on the ground and brought out a pokeball. She threw it at the Lillipup.

Ching!

She smiled and brought Lillipup out of the pokeball. Lillipup jumped into Airalyn's arms and she walked back to Skiddo.

Zak quickly rushed around the campus, looking for either the girl with the Skiddo, Flame, or the professor to show them he had caught the Palpitoad. He burst in the Pokémon Center and shouted, "I caught the Palpitoad!" Unfortunately none of the the people he was looking for was there at the moment. Zak gloomliy sat down at a table, while Burst, crawled onto table an began to nap and Pax took his place on top of his trainer's head and looked around the Pokémon Center.

Kat looked up to the sound of a boy shouting about his Palpitoad. He then looked so sad, she couldn't help but sympathize him. She wanted to talk to him, to cheer him up, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. However, Lolita did it for her by running up to the trainer.
"Goth li li?" She said in a questioning tone, as though asking if he were okay.

Last edited:
Airalyn rode into the Pokemon Center with her Skiddo and her Lillipup. She saw the boy with the pancham and Charmander sitting at a table. She got off Skiddo and sat down. Lillipup was on her lap. She pulled an Oran berry out of her bag which Lillipup gratefully ate.

Before Zak could respond to the Gothita, Pax jumped off Zak's head and offered his fist out for a knuckle punch to introduce himself. "Pancham," Pax said.
"You might wanna do it," Zak said quietly towards Lolita, "he'll get grouchy if you don't."
Pax turned and stuck his tounge out at his trainer, and turned back at the Gothita and smiled.

Lolita, never having seen this before, just stared at the fist, as though calculating if it was an attack or not. Finally, she tried responding with the same gesture, and they fist bumped. Lolita giggled, and by this time Wataria had come over too.

Lillipup had become very curious by this time, and had jumped out of Airalyn's arms and gone over to the group of Pokemon.

"Lilli! Lillipup!"

Skiddo wandered over to the group and offered them all a ride on his back.

"Skid!"

When Burst saw the water Pokemon from earlier, he tumbled off the table and lazily waved at it. "Char," he said before releasing a loud yawn.
When Pax saw the Skiddo, he waved and pointed at the Skiddo's back and did his best puppy dog eyes. He wanted a ride on the Skiddo's back.

The Fletchling got off of its branch and charged towards Pikachu with a Wing Attack. "Pikachu dodge it and use Thunderbolt!" Flame instructed. Pikachu dodged the Wing Attack and used its Thunderbolt. Unfortunately, Fletchling evaded by flying up and Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt up to try and hit Fletchling. The electric mouse stopped its attack and Fletchling dive down for an Aerial Ace. "Ok, we'll play its game. Pikachu use Volt Tackle!" Flame said. Pikachu backed up a bit and charged at Fletchling with an electric aura surrounding it. Fletchling got to the same ground level as Pikachu and both collided with each other. At first it seemed even, but Pikachu gained the upper hand and overpowered Fletchling. The tiny robin got sent back and hit the ground, while the electric mouse took the recoil damage. Flame knew it was time, so he threw his Poke Ball at Fletchling. The ball bounced of the bird and transported it inside.

Ching!

Flame picked up the Poke Ball with a smile on his face.

Skiddo smiled and lowered himself so Pancham could climb on.

Airalyn sat on the couch in the pokecenter. Lillipup sat on her lap. She watched as Skiddo walked around with Pancham on his back.

Airalyn smiled and walked out of the pokecenter, Skiddo would come to her room after Pax finished the ride.
Airalyn slumped over onto the bed and Lillipup started to lick her face. She sat up laughing and started running around the room with Lillipup chasing her. She loved the academy already. She wondered if any of the others had caught new Pokemon. She went out of the tower to look for the others.

Airalyn ran around the academy with Lillipup chasing her. When her Lillipup eventually jumped on top of her, Airalyn got up and started chasing Lillipup. She eventually chased Lillipup up to the pokecenter. She ran through the door and caught Lillipup, she looked around and saw Pax was still riding Skiddo.

"Pup! Lillipup!"

Flame ran back to the Pokemon Center and asked Nurse Joy to heal his Pokemon. He put Fletchling's Pokeball on the tray and Pikachu sat on it. Nurse Joy took both of them and Flame sat on a bench waiting for both of them to be healed.

Flame noticed Airalyn and replied, "Yeah, I just caught a Fletchling!" He then noticed the Lillipup that was with her. "Hey is that Lillipup yours Airalyn?" he asked her.

"Yeah! He's mine" Airalyn said, "I have something to show you, follow me"

Airalyn thought that the willow she found could be for people in the blue team

Pax slid off the Skiddo's back and smiled goofily. "Pancham," he said. Burst yawned loudly and Zak looked at the Palpitoad's pokeball. He needed to be healed. Then quickly he stood up and rushed to heal the Pokémon. Along the way, he bumped into Kat. "Sorry," he mumbled.

"Umm, sure okay." Flame said and just he stood up, his Pokemon were done healing. He picked up Fletchling's Pokeball and Pikachu jumped on his shoulder. With that, Flame started to follow Airalyn, wondering what she wants to show.