• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

"What do you mean I remind you of you back then Flame?" Asked Ry. Meanwhile Pax decided that he needed to show off a little and started bragging and acting tough.

"Well... before I used to be really shy around new people," Flame said, "but then later I realized that making new friends isn't really that bad." As Flame was saying that, Pikachu got off his shoulder and started to explore the ship on its own. Flame glanced back at Pikachu and then back at Zak, "So, in a way... I understand how you feel."

Zak picked up the goggles and put them around his neck instead of over his eyes. "Thanks. That makes me feel a lot better," he said quietly, but with a smile on his face. Then the snow that was falling down, stopped.
Over the intercom, Mr. Jenkins said, "Attention all passengers. We will reach Pokemon Academy shortly. Please get all of your belongings together, so you may exit in an orderly matter."

Last edited:
"I'm Airalyn" Airalyn told the professor, "Me and my Skiddo, Ariel, were wondering if there were any racing tracks or riding paths at the school."

Airalyn sighed and looked over to the trainers who were all making friends. She wished one of them would come over to her and talk to her. She was too shy to go over there.

"Ridding tracks, well of course we do. We have different parks with different environments, so you can catch new Pokémon, mulitiple battle arenas. We have so many things to do at the Pokémon Academy, that you'll never grow bored. You, Airalyn, seem like a knowledgable young scholar. Complete blue team material. I'll be sure to put you in there right away."And with that Proffesor Cedar rushed off as if was a mission.

Flame smiled at Zak and said to him, "No problem." After cheering him up, Flame was reminded of the memories of the last academy that helped him conquer his shyness. He snapped back to reality when he heard the announced. Meanwhile, as Pikachu explored, he bumped into a Skiddo and looks puzzled upon seeing it, "Pika?"

"A pikachu!" Airalyn cried as she bent down to stroke it. "It's adorable!" Airalyn said, "I wonder whose it is..."

"Skidd! Ski!" Ariel said happily as he looked at the Pikachu. Airalyn brought out her notebook and sketched the pikachu. "Perfect!" Airalyn said.

Airalyn's attention went back to the professor. "Blue group? What do you mean?" Airalyn asked. But he was gone.

Pikachu starts to enjoy Airalyn stroking it by letting out an adorable cry, "Chaaaa!" It then noticed the Skiddo and waved at it, "Pika pi!" As he saw Airalyn take out her notebook, Pikachu stood still for her to sketch.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu cried out as sign of 'yes' and jumped on Skiddo. "Pika pikachu!" he cried out happily to Skiddo as a way to show its excitement.

Airalyn led Ariel around the boat carefully with the Pikachu on it. "Hold onto Ariel's horns and You'll be able to ride better" Airalyn told Pikachu.

"Pika!" Pikachu cried out as a 'yes'. He then held on to Skiddo's horn just as Airalyn said. Since it's Pikachu's first time riding a Skiddo, he can't help but smile and enjoy it.

Soon the boat screeched to a halt. The boarding ramp opened and Trainers began to pour out. Zak waved towards Flame and the girl he was with. "Come on, we'll be late."

Last edited:
Flame notice the boat stopped and said, "Oh ok, hold on a sec." He turned to where he saw Pikachu go off to and called out for it, "Hey Pikachu! Come on! It's time to go!" Pikachu's ears perked up upon hearing Flame. He jumped off of Skiddo and ran to its trainer, but not before it turned around and waved bye at Airalyn and Skiddo. Pikachu found Flame and jumped on his shoulder. "There you are," Flame said, "now let's go!" "Pika!" Flame then went towards the boarding ramp.

Pax climbed up Zak's head and looked around. "Pan!" Shouted Pax pointing in the direction of the boarding ramp. Zak then continued to walk down the boarding ramp.

Upon walking down the boarding ramp, Flame sees the two teachers waiting at the dock. However, one of them looked familiar to Flame. "Hey, that kind of looks like-" before Flame could finish, he knew who it possibly was. "Oh no..." he said nervously, "please tell me it's not..." Pikachu just looked at him confused, "Pika?"

The man wearing the black and white shirt spoke first. "My name is Mr. Conebridge and this is Dr. Larse. We will be some do your instructors during your stay here." He said in a deep boom in voice.

Flame couldn't believe his eyes. The person he recognized was actually his own father. "D-Dad?!" he said in a shocking voice. Pikachu looked at the person and finally realized that it was Flame's father, "Pika?!"

Dr. Larse looked at the students until he finally spotted Flame and Pikachu. He just smiled at them and gave a small wave to all of the students.

Airalyn sat on Skiddo as the teachers introduced themselves. She couldn't wait for to test out the racing tracks and the riding courses.

"Okay students, follow me and Dr. Larse so we can get everyone to campus." Said Mr. Conebridge. He led the students down the path. After about ten minites of walking, they reached a large dome, two large towers and shorter rectangle shaped building. Mr. Conebridge stopped and said," This s where I teach." He was gesturing towards the dome. "It's called the Battle Dome and is where we are headed." Inside the Battle Dome there were dozens of battle fields set up. At the stage area, Proffesor Cedar smiled. After a short introduction, he explained the teams of the Academy. "There will be two teams," he said smiling, "the red and the blue team. Together each team will work, learn and compete with one another. Then he listed off the teams. Zak, Mitch and Spencer ended. being on the Red team and Flame and Airalyn were on the Blue team. "Don't worry about not seeing your friends if they are on the other teams," he said addressing some of the concerns of the students, "You will all have free time in which, you can chat and battle with the other team."
When Pax heard the battle part, he grinned and raised his fist in the air. "Pan pan!" He shouted.

Spencer tucked his mareep under his arm so he could have a free hand to raise. "Yeah, so i still dont understand the whole team concept. Is it just like a friemdly competition with teams earning points or is there some more separation between the two?"He asked when he was called on.

Profffesor Cedar smiled at the boy who raised his hand, "Its more of a way to seperate all the kids we have here into groups and classroom counts. But I decided to throw in challenges to make it more fun. Then we have the Pokémon. Your Pokémon themselves decided the the teams. I chose Pokemon that were likely to get along, and get their trainers to work together."

Dr. Larse wanted to address something regarding the two teams. "One thing I would like to point out is that the two teams are not to say which is the best team or student. The purpose of it is for everyone to get to know new people and Pokemon that everyone has to offer. This is a bonding experience and not a competition. So let's all have a good time." With that Dr. Larse concluded his speech.

Hey guys I'm my name is Mimikyu13 I'm new here but here is my pokemon team. I hope you guys like it.
trainercard-Mimikyu13.png

Attachments

• trainercard-Mimikyu13.png
    trainercard-Mimikyu13.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
Zak listened to the teacher with intrest. "This is kind of cool," he thought to himself. Pax then, being bored again, jumped down and ran into the nearby forest. Zak shook his head and raced after his Pokémon partner.

(@Mimikyu13 Read the rules of this RP, you are only allowed one Pokemon and no legendaries)

Airalyn rode Skiddo as the teacher showed them around the school. She loved it already. She was in the blue group and that sounded like a good group to her.

(OOC But you are able to catch Pokémon on the island BIC)
Zak rushed through the forest, calling for Pax. After a few minutes of looking, he found Pax standing next to a small Charmander, holding his tail the fire was almost out. Then a blast of water, shot out at Zak, knocking him backwards. It was a Palpitoad. It squeaked and fired again. Zak grabbed the Charmander and Pax and ran back to where he came through. "Help!" He shouted as he turned around to see the Palpitoad chasing him.

Airalyn head turned as she heard a cry come from the forest. "Skiddo! Let's go!" Airalyn said. She rushed through the forest and found a boy with a very weak Charmander and a Pancham being attacked by a palpitoad. "Jump on!" Airalyn said to the boy, "That Charmander needs treatment!"

The only time Airalyn wasn't shy was when a Pokemon needed help.

Zak jumped on the girls Skiddo. It didn't matter who it was, he needed to help this Charmander. "We gotta get this guy to the Professor!" Zak shouted over her shoulder.

Flame and Pikachu turned their heads to the forest when they heard someone screaming. "That sounded like Zak!" he said, "Let's go!" "Pika!" Both of them headed towards the forest and found Zak with a weak Charmander being chased by a Palpitoad. "Oh no Zak, get out of here, we'll handle this!" he cried out, "Pikachu use Iron Tail on Palpitoad!" Pikachu ran towards Palpitoad and launched an steel tail at Palpitoad.

Airalyn looked behind her and saw somebody fighting the palpitoad. She rode Skiddo back to the professor where the boy with the Charmander got off, then she rode back to where the boy was fighting.

"Quick!" Airalyn said to the boy, "Jump on before your Pikachu gets hurt!"

The Palpitoad got smacked in the head and stumbled back. Then he fired a Mud Shot straight at the Pikachu.

Zak rushed forward to Professor Cedar. "Please help this Charmander."
Professor Cedar looked at Mr. Conebridge and said, "Take over the tour please." Then he ran ahead and shouted, "Zak come on, the Pokémon center is this way!" Zak and Pax then ran after the Proffesor.

"Smash that Mud Shot with Brick Break!" Flame instructed. Pikachu then smashed the Mud Shot with its bare hand. "Alright, let get out of here," he said to his Pokemon. Pikachu got on his shoulder and both got on the girl's Skiddo. "Let's get out of here!" he said to the girl.

Professor Cedar and Zak both rushed inside the Pokémon center. "Take this Pokemon into urgent care now," said Professor Cedar. Nurse Joy took the Charmander from Zak and Professor Cedar said, "He'll be fine, but well wait here until he's better."

Skiddo ran as fast as he could through the forest. The Palpitoad was still chasing them. "We need something to slow it down!" Ava said to Flame. The Palpitoad was firing water guns at them which they only just dodged

"I hope this works," Flame said to himself, "Pikachu use Thunderbolt to scare it away." Pikachu nodded and fired a Thunderbolt in front of Palpitoad, hopefully scaring it away.

"Palpi!" The Palpitoad said, then it ran away.

Airalyn smiled and then rode them back to the school. She dropped off Flame. "Thanks for scaring away Palpitoad" Airalyn said, the. She rode off.

Zak stood outside the room Charmander was in. He was scared. He didn't want the Charmander to die.
"He's alive because of you. And now he's yours." Said the professor walking over. "We were planning to give away one starter from each region to 21 worthy trainers. Charmander here broke lose and you and your Pancham saved him if anyone is qualified to have him, its you." The professor explained.
"But a boy named Flame and a girl with a Skiddo, both helped." Zak blurted out.
"It's okay, they will each receive them soon." Said Professor Cedar. "And remember," he added, "a Pokémon will always pick the best trainer for them."

Flame waved at Airalyn saying, "No problem." As she rode off, Pikachu pointed at her and telling Flame something in a happy tone, "Pika pika pi pikachu pi!" Flame tried to understand what the electric rodent was saying, "Wait, you mean you know her?" Pikachu nodded and chased after Airalyn, hoping she would recognize it.

Airalyn turned around and saw the Pikachu running towards her.
"It's you! From the boat!" Airalyn cried happily. She got off Skiddo and walked up to the trainer. "Your Pikachu was playing with my Skiddo on the boat" Airalyn said shyly, "Your Pikachu is very friendly."