• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Sacred Plates of Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake looked around. What weapon did he want? Something big and powerful, some thing with some kick to it… Then he spotted the AK-47. "I'll take that" he replied, pointing to the case in which is was contained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaz blatantly said, "No. That's Maira's, and you'll have to ask her permission. Besides, I already put away the key, and it's hell to get back out again." Gaz looked at the clipping. He already memorized the article...

LOCAL OFFICER KILLED IN HOSTAGE SITUATION

Maira Jackson, 27, was killed this Saturday when she was shot while being held hostage. She and Brian Wilmbroke were investigating Team Galactic's kidnapping of Pokemon. Jackson was executed by an Administrator of Team Galactic, Wilmbroke said, but his memories are fuzzy. Wilmbroke denied further commentary.

Gaz remembered. Too well.

OOC - I'll be playing the receptionist here.

A boy ran in, asking for the office of a 'Gaz'. Unfortunately, there was no one who went by Gaz, unless...

Janet checked the computer and searched "Wilmbroke" on the records. It got a hit.

Turning the monitor so the boy could see, she said, "Is this the officer you're looking for?"

The other boy nodded, so Janet replied, "Office 137. Third door on the right past the armory. You should be able to find it following the corner-signs."

If he couldn't use the AK-47, there was nothing else to use. Jake walked over and started putting on the tactical vest. Was there another gun he wanted? "How about a .357 Magnum?"

Gaz thought a moment... the kid wanted something lethal. The only .357 gun there was belonged to Lucario, and that had tranquilizers with enough stuff to sedate a bull rhinoceros for the better part of 6 hours. The AK47 was Maira's, and Gaz wouldn't let anyone but himself touch it.

"Lucario, Jake, follow me to the armory."

Gaz walked them to the armory wing and used the card swipe, then put in his PIN. Funny, he thought, how the security systems could make a place feel like a department store.

A faint click sounded, and the little light on the other side of the lock switched from red to green.

Gaz walked through the bulletproof tungsten door into the armory and turned to Jake.
"You name it, we got it; but I can't guarantee that I can access it. There's 8 sections; and the things in them are in alphabetical order. The six departments are, ASSAULT, SUBMACHINE, LIGHT MACHINE, SCATTERSHOT, LONG RANGE, SIDEARMS, PROJECTILES, and AMMUNITION."

Wow, Jake thought, look at all this stuff. But what did he want in a gun? Somme thing versatile, with long range, and something that could kill.

Jake could only think of one gun that fit this description. "Do you have an M-16A2?"

Ray found the office he was looking for, but no one was in it. "Snafu. well I will just sit and wait." he said and took a set in on of the chairs by the door. Having not slept in in the last 24 hours plus his rage slowly cooling down and the shade, he fell asleep quickly.

OOC: Snafu, for you guys who don't know what it stand for, means: Situation Normal, All F*** Up. Sorry for the f word. X(

"M16? I don't have access to that case. Will an M4 work?"

Gaz heard Lucario walk away, then [Lucario] came back and spoke.
You have a visitor.
"Alright, bring him to the armory."
Aye aye.

After that, Gaz heard someone walking in. It was only Lucario.
He's catching some 'z's.
"Well, let him rest."

Gaz turned to Jake, "Any other choices, if an M4 won't work?"

((Ooc: Why does it matter what gun you have? I doubt spacemen with crazy hairdos that appear to look like clones and have Pokemon to do their dirty-work would care to have guns, flamethrowers, rocket-launchers, or any other kind of weapon.))

Tyler walked with Brendan until he came to an intersection. He didn't have the darndest idea where to go. He was officially clueless. He stopped. What to do..., Tyler thought, Flip a coin? Nah. That'd be way too obvious. Maybe I should just ask-. Someone walked over to them. He looked like a trainer. And a sailor. A sailor-trainer. Another man followed behind him. He had an electric guitar.

The electric guitar man said "You two are trainers, right? Am I not mistaken? I mean, we."

"Yeah we." the sailor said.

"Yeah, in fact, we are. We're headed to Oreburgh City. We're both going to take the gym challenge there. You're trainer's, too?" Tyler said, "A look in the eyes. You know what that means. Battle."

"Let's do it." the other duo said. The sailor sent out a Machoke and the guitarist sent out his Luxio.

"Alright! Toxicroak c'mon out...!" Tyler said, sending out his Toxicroak, then he turned to Brendan, "What's your choice?"

"Lucario, watch him. Here's the keys to the weapon cases. Don't let him test-fire ANYTHING unless it's at the range. And, if he wants, let him test-fire my weapon." Gaz unshouldered the weapon. "I gotta go check up on my guest. Let me know if he finds anything he likes."

The Lucario nodded, and Gaz walked around the corner, and saw a kid in a chair. Gaz thought, 'Where was that damn key?' as he searched for the spare. Then Gaz suddenly remembered, stood on a chair beside Raymond, and pushed up on a ceiling tile. He felt around a bit for the A/C duct-There. Gaz slid his hand down the duct until he reached the intersection between the ceiling tile and the vent, and felt the key.

Gaz climbed down and opened the door.

'He hadn't been gone long, but there was a kid here. Coincidence? Nah,' Gaz thought.

Gaz felt the wall beside the door and slapped the light switch.

Then he strode over to the firearms case and turned on the light. With that, he went to the desk and pressed the hallway intercom switch.

"To the guy that's sleeping outside Office 137, the Sargeant will see you now."

Gaz clicked the intercom into "OFF/LISTEN" mode.

OOC: Another flash back. This time when was dreaming.

BIC:
Ray and Erin stood in front of Mars and her goons. They had wiped the floor using their Umbreon and Vaporeon combo. Mars was left with her Purugly.

"Hey Mars, maybe you should give up." Ray said.

"Never, Purugly, Hyper Beam." Mars commanded. The fat cat charged up the powerful attack.

"Rick, take it out with Faint attack!" Ray yelled hoping to take it out before it fired.

Too late. The Hyper Beam fired heading toward Erin's pokemon.

"Val, avoid it." Erin said. The Vaporeon follow its command and quickly moved out of the path of the attack. The beam still charged at its target area. Erin thinking she wouldn't get hit, stood her ground.

"Erin run!" Ray yelled as the beam crashed in front of his friend.

----------------------------------------
"Erin!" Ray yelled as he woke. He was breathing heavily as he recovered from his nightmare. It took him a few seconds before he saw a man next to him.

"The sergeant will see you now." He said.

"Thanks." Ray said as he got up and walk through the door. Gaz was sitting in his chair. "When were you going in?" Ray asked him.

OOC -I am really controlling both, but unless you want something else, you can use the M4. The station has a test-firing range, but right now it's empty.

A guy walked in saying "When were you going in?"
Gaz simply replied, "Pardon?"

Jake and I walked down to the firing range, and, thankfully, there was a key to it on the lanyard Sargeant Wilmbroke gave me. We stepped in, and it was empty, but we walked to Station 1 and began firing.

A few magazines later, I asked Jake, "You like it?"

Jake was started by the sudden telepathic message. It had been a long time since he had a telepathic conversation with a pokemon, and he missed it.If only he could find out why Cario couldn't talk to him..... "Yeah, this is perfect" He replied getting up. "Let's go see what Gaz is up to."

OOC - From the view of Lucario.

"Yeah, this is perfect. Let's go see what Gaz is up to."
We walked down the hall and out of the armory. I signaled for Jake to hold up until I signed the M4 out. Then we went to the Sargeant's office. But we were surprised to find a sign on the door.

I clicked the intercom onto the TALK position, then told Jake to tell Wilmbroke that we were waiting outside the door.

Suddenly there was a determined beeping - the interference alert. Someone else had their intercom on TALK.

I switched the intercom on LISTEN/OFF position, and a voice appeared on the other end.

"Who is it? I'm in a meeting," the voice said.

Gaz was awaiting what Raymond wanted to say when he heard the intercom click. He put the intercom into the talk position, and heard the interference warning go off on both intercoms. Then there was a click and the interference warning stopped.

"Who is it? I'm in a meeting," Gaz spoke.

(four days people, give me some time to catch up...)

Just outside of Canalave, there was a burly man in a white sailor's uniform, with a heavy tan that made him glisten in the sun. And a rather skinny man, with a pale face and a red Mohawk, holding a yellow Stratocaster. Both were the victorious team in a double battle against two youngsters who almost immediately took their Rattata and Wooper in their arms and ran back towards the nearby city.

"That's another victory for us! Woo!" the sailor shouted, clenching both fists in joy, the guitarist wasn't as satisfied with the victory.

"That was too easy, did those kids really think they could take on Bryon with those shrimps? They're no different from the other kids we've battled this week." He complained

"Just you wait Cail, somebody will come and give us a good battle, to show that our fifteen victory streak wasn't a fluke." The sailor vowed, "in fact, I bet those two kids right there might be it." He said, pointing to a pair of boys walking along the dirt path just to the side of the clearing their previous battle took place.

"You mean the two with the white-haired kid and the Machop?" the guitarist asked, the sailor nodded, the guitarist gently felt his Mohawk slowly bringing his hand along the edges of the hair. "And they say my hair's strange, that color almost makes him look like an old man" he slammed,

"Though, they're leaving Canalave, so that means, if their trainers, they already challenged Bryon, and they're not down, so maybe, they won." The sailor objected,

"Says you," the guitarist sighed, the sailor thought for a moment, to find a way to motivate his battle partner.

"Tell you what, let's make this interesting." The sailor suggested, taking out two-thousand pokédollars, "This wad of money says these kids can end our streak, if it's wrong, you get to keep it. If it's right however, you have to take a dunk in the river. How does that sound?" The guitarist eyed the cash greedily, allowing his weakness to be exploited. He wanted the money, but he didn't want to risk ruining his Mohawk. In the end, he gave in.

"You might as well hand over the money now, let's get this on." He vowed, then turned and briskly walked towards the kids. The sailor followed behind, with a similar eagerness. The money didn't matter to him, but he just wanted to win, or get the priceless photo of his pal without the Mohawk. So either way, he wins.

Brendan and Tyler stopped at an intersection. One path led down a cleared road, heading north. The other led into the woods to the East, and the south path led down a rocky slope. Brendan took out a pocket-sized route map to consult for directions. Tyler immediately greeted the guitarist and sailor who just came by. Brendan didn't pay attention at first, but when he heard the word battle, his head snapped up to see the guitarist send out a Luxio while the sailor sent out a Machoke. Brendan was familiar with Machokes, but the Luxio was something new to him. Tyler also sent out a Toxicroak, one of few Sinnoh pokémon Brendan was familiar with. Brendan then realized that it was a double battle, which meant he was invited. Brendan silently pocketed the map, deducing the odds of the battle from the type match-ups. Since he only had two pokémon with him as of the moment, it wasn't difficult to choose who to battle with. Brendan took out a pokéball on his belt and readied his throw. Machop moved to the shade of a tree, since it knew that it wasn't going to be taking part in this one.

"This one's on you Dusclops!" Brendan yelled. As if on cue, the pokéball hit the ground and opened up, revealing the Ghostly-Cyclops pokémon. Brendan then waited, prepared for one of his opponents to make the first move.

(Tricket, we should try to finish this quickly, don't want to spend too much time in the battle)

"When were you going in to kick those Galactic aces?" Ray said after Gaz finished with the intercom. He felt his rage building up again.

OOC: yeah I know, this was a very quick post.

OOC: Interaction post are usually short

BIC: Jake did as lucario said and pushed the talk button. "It's Jake, can I come in?"

"When were you going to kick those Galactic Aces?" Raymond said.

Gaz replied, "As soon as we're-"

And then there was a gunshot, and the bullet came through the window and hit Gaz.

He was saved by the helmet. BARELY.

He heard a muffled thump, and saw a blue blur moving out his peripheral vision, but couldn't make it out. Right then, the lockdown alarm sounded, as a red blurstarted blinking after the blue blur moved away.

There was a loud bang, then a shattering of glass, and that was all the info I needed to kick down the door. Inside a kid was taking cover under a desk, and Gaz was laying sideways on the floor, crawling away from a broken window.

I quickly hit the EMERGENCY CALL button, knowing it would sound the lockdown alarm, and, to my surprise, it started blinking, and shutters went down the window.

SWAT would be here soon. I made my way to the intercom and paged the receptionist. I then told Jake to tell the receptionist that we had injured in room 137, which he complied.

Now comes my least favorite game: the waiting game.

Gaz's police scanner spoke:
Attention, all units, we have a lockdown in progress with injured in Office 137 of the police department. FBI unit 3, please respond, over.

There was an indistinct response, and then I knew for sure that my idea was a success.

Now came the hard part: the person we were supposed to meet was in Oreburgh. And Gaz had-

I looked down on the keychain, and there was a quadbike key on it.

Then the Bureau cats came in the room.

Ray ducked behind the desk when the gunshot was heard. "Snafu." He said as he took a look out the shattered window. "Rick, find that bastard." Rick came out of his poke'ball and then vanished. A few seconds later a Lucario came in and hit the Emergency Button.

"Perfect," Ray said moving to put his back up against the desk, "I should have sent Lance with him." Looking around he saw Gaz on the ground un hurt. "This is just perfect."

-----------------------------------------

Rick move quickly, making use of his abilities, he moved unnoticed. He soon found the shooter. The man hair was a bright bluish green and was wearing the crazy outfit of a Galactic grunt. Rick grinned as he unleashed hell on the poor man.

(Actually, Gaz IS injured.)

Gaz kept crawling way from the window, teetering in and out of consciousness, when he got a safe distance away. Then he slipped out completely.

OOC: Why the hell does it say I have been doing this from a phone?!?! I've been using my laptop the whole time! And where is EmberGryphon?

BIC: Lucario kicked down the door, and they rushed in. Gaz was on the ground hurt, and Ray was getting up from under the table. Lucario hit the alarm button, and Jake used the intercom.

As soon as the FBI came in Jake ran out the door and left the police station, following Rays Pokemon. Up ahead he saw Rick torturing a galactic grunt. He ran over and grabbed the grunt by the shirt. "Why did you do this?!?" Jake yelled, but the grunt fell into unconsciousness. Jake sighed and threw the grunt over his shoulder and walked back to the police station. This was going to be a long day.

OOC - From Gaz's view.

Gaz woke up and found himself in a van with a pretty little blue strobe, then he realized this blurry van was an FBI van. He also realized the shot knocked his glasses off.

Gaz went, "Oh, my aching... head," just to let the guys driving know he was conscious.

Then the Bureau cats' van hit a hard right, and Gaz slid into the van's door and was knocked out.

"Toxicroak, dodge!" Tyler said. Toxicroak dodged Luxio's "Thunder Claw" attack. "Quick, use earthquake!" Tyler said, "And focus it onto the guitarist's Luxio!" The earth started to rumble. Toxicroak stomped and sent a huge crack at Luxio. It hit Luxio and sent him flying back, fainted. The Machoke stumbled, but then got his footing.
((Sorry, got writer's block))

When Gaz woke up, some guy was reaching in the van window and was holding a gun to his head. Gaz blinked and saw it was grip-first. He quietly accepted it.

Apparently, the van had a flat and the hospital was no longer within his critical hour. The Bureau cats had stopped the van and sent someone back to give him the gun.

Gaz looked at the revolver. It looked like his.

He flipped the gun upside-down, and, carved on the underside were some words...

REMEMBER 3/19/2009

Gaz closed his eyes.

His train of thought crashed into a tungsten-block wall when someone applied a burning liquid to his head.

Gaz winced, and immediately recognized the scent-70%BV Isopropyl alcohol, flammible. Keep out of reach of children; see warning statements on back.

Or, in other words, Gaz thought, someone had gone to the van's hatch and got the first-aid kit, and that same someone was putting the isopropyl alcohol inside the kit on his head.

Gaz grinded his teeth as the burning sensation went on. The isopropyl spirits had a tendency to burn.

Gaz suddenly lost consciousness.

A little while later, when Gaz woke up, he was in the hospital.

(OOC - Gotta go. Food's here.)

Raymond sat outside Gaz's room in the hospital. Thinking over what the grunt had told him when he woke up.

----------------------------------
"Where is your building that in this town?" Ray had asked him.

"Why should I tell you?" The grunt asked back.

"Maybe I should let Rick turn you into a chew toy." Rick grinned at this statement.

"The north most building in town." The grunt said nervously.

"Who is running it?"

"Jupiter."

"He is all yours." Ray said turning to the cops that just arrived.

----------------------------

Getting up he, started to walk toward the exit. When he was outside, he sat down crossed legged. "Come on out Lance." He said releasing his fourth team member. The light faded to show a Lucario sitting in the same position Raymond was. "You can sense people's aura, right?" Lance nodded. Pulling out a picture from his pack, he said, "Can you find Erin back tracking her aura off of this?" the Lucario just close his eyes. Pulling out a map from his pack and unfolding it, Ray place it in front of his pokemon. After a few minutes, Lance's hand shot out and stroked the map. Ray removed Lance's hand and peer at the spot it was pointing to. "Eterna city." He said looking to the north,

Jake put money in the vending machine and made his selection. He watched as the chips were pushed to the front, then fell down the chute. Reaching inside, he pulled out the chips and opened the bag, offering some to Cario, who declined. Jake shrugged and ate the first chip "You know, the first chip is always the best." Cario just stared at his trainer. "Oh, what would you know, the only thing you like to eat are poffins."

Jake walked out of the cafeteria and down the hall to Gaz's room. He walked inside and sat down near his bed. Jake reached inside his pocket and pulled out a photo. Jake looked at it. It had been two years since he had seen his sister, and he intended to make sure that it didn't become three. Sighing, Jake put the photo away and offered some chips to Gaz.

Gaz turned down the chips and opened a soda instead. He hadn't been hungry in the 7 hours he'd been here, but he needed to watch his blood sugar, especially with him teetering in and out of consciousness.

Suddenly Gaz felt something on his face. He reached at it...

...and pulled off his balaclava. His head felt cool.

Gaz pressed a button and the hospital bed changed into a chair.

Gaz felt light-headed suddenly, and drank some soda. The dizziness went away quickly.

Gaz suddenly smelled isopropyl alcohol. He said, "Aw, hell."

The nurse came in and applied the burning liquid to the wound. Gaz accepted it silently, then said, "Guys, this is probably gonna make me faint - I'm in partial shock due to blood loss - and if it does, wake me in 15 minutes."

Gaz felt the spike of pain suddenly. ANOTHER dose of alcohol.

Gaz tried to remain awake... but it was too much, causing Gaz to black out.

OOC: Let me know when this post become dead.

BIC:
Picking up his stuff and return Lance to its pokeball, Ray headed back inside. "Well let's see if I can finally tell my story." he said to himself. Upon entering Gaz's room, he saw Gaz still knocked and saw Jake sitting in a near by chair. Taking a sit next to him, Ray said aloud, "Man, I must fail. Caring over someone not even related to me. It's like a month ago when I had to go though this same thing when Erin went into a comma."

Gaz was dreaming nicely about those days of his childhood, when the postal scale on a shelf at the far corner began to rattle. It woke him up, and he suddenly realized that the postal scale made the same rattle as Gaz's when he shook the bookshelf.

The postal scale was acting like a seismograph.

Gaz quickly got out of the hospital bed and grabbed the IV bag that was hooked to the needle in his arm. He ran out of the room, and down five flights of stairs. He went into the tungsten-walled basement, and noticed the iron girders that kept the room stable.

He slid under a desk and held the IV bag above his head.

If the earthquake demolished the hospital, the tungsten-walled and -supported room would be able to withstand the stress for at least a week. There was also water and MREs down there too, just in case.

Gaz stared at the ration menu during the earthquake. It read:

LOOK FOR THE SECTION ON YOUR MRE WHERE IT SAYS "MENU NO." TO DETERMINE WHAT THE MENU IS. THE KEY IS LISTED BELOW FOR THE NUMBERS.

1 - CHILI WITH BEANS
2 - PORK RIB
3 - BEEF RAVIOLI
4 - MAPLE SAUSAGE
5 - CHICKEN BREAST
6 - CHICKEN WITH NOODLES
7 - BEEF BRISKET
8 -

Gaz did not care to finish reading the menu. It was bad enough to memorize them - they changed every year - and Gaz knew exactly which MRE to choose. He always went for the chicken breast, number 5, or the chicken with noodles, which was number 6. If they didn't have THAT, he would go for Number 3. If, Gaz added mentally, if it takes that long.

(and back to our scene...)

Toxicroak made light work of Luxio, exploiting its ground weakness with Earthquake. That left Machoke on the field and its opponents untouched, apart from some rock debris from Toxicroak's ground move that knocked Dusclops around a little.

"You might have a spook around to keep most pokémon away, but it still has nothing on Machoke!" the sailor shouted before giving his battle orders to the superpower pokémon. "Machoke! Use Foresight!" The Machoke pressed his knuckles against each other and closed his eyes in a meditative stance. Three seconds later, Machoke opened them up again. His red eyes now had a greenish aura around them, indicating the improved eyesight, which meant Machoke could now use its destructive fighting moves on Dusclops. "Now knock him dead with Dynamic Punch!" the sailor continued, the Machoke's right fist began to glow, with vivid colors dotting through the faint light. The bodybuilding humanoid then began to stomp his way towards Dusclops, aiming to faint him with the same speed as Toxicroak did to Luxio. Brendan on the other hand, was not going to let that happen.

"Dusclops! Counter it with a Will' O' Wisp Whip!" Brendan shouted to the Cyclops pokémon, knowing what its strengths were. Dusclops had a unique ability, despite having little control over most of its moves, it had outstanding control over its Will' O' Wisp, allowing it to control the flames from it to its will. Dusclops initiated the move by waving its floating hands around in a hypnotic way, its single red eye then began to glow blue, reflecting an image of Machoke stomping closer and closer towards its target. The blue in the eye suddenly left and then floated between the ghost's hands in the form of a flame. Dusclops then pushed its hands away from each other, and the flame lengthened at whiplash speed. Forming a three-foot line of floating, blue flames. Dusclops then took hold of the left end of the line with the respective hand and twirled it in front of him; the flames followed the hand in the manner of a whip. Machoke was only two feet away now, three steps from being close enough to deliver its attack, but Dusclops had completed its preparations to counter. The Cyclops pokémon took a step back and cracked the whip, making contact with Machoke's attacking arm. Dusclops repeated the tactic of step-back-and-strike a second time to slightly greater effect. Dusclops then spun the whip and wrapped the end of it around Machoke's arm, then let go of the whip. The flames that made up the whip immediately homed in on Machoke's arm, inflicting a sharp burn on its wrist. Machoke used his free hand to rub the pain from the attacking arm, twisting his body in order to do so.

"Now hit him with Shadow Ball!" Brendan ordered. A month ago, Dusclops wouldn't have been able to develop a shadow ball to its proper size, but extensive training in that move changed all that. Dusclops held his hands out as a ball of black energy began to form and grow in them, as the orb of shadow energy grew larger; Dusclops raised his hands over his head. As the growth of the attack reached its peak, Dusclops let out a yell, and threw down his hands, sending the orb of blackness into Machoke's arm. Machoke took a step back in order to prevent falling over. Then was back after the ghost. However, it wasn't going to deliver the attack.

"Toxicroak! Use Poison Jab!" Tyler shouted. Then, as if from nowhere, Toxicroak jumped out at Machoke, with one of the spikes on its hands bearing a deep purple glow. It stabbed the Machoke in the neck. Injecting the quick-acting poison into its foe at a crucial point. Machoke, staggered, swayed slightly. Then fell backwards: knocked out. The battle was over.

Both the sailor and the guitarist stood silently, taking their time to acknowledge their defeat. The sailor was the first to recover, by taking out his pokéball and returning the fainted Machoke to his pokéball.

"You tried your hardest…," the sailor whispered. His glum expression suddenly changed into a sly grin as he walked over to his partner and grabbed him by the arm. "Come on; it's bath-time" he said, dragging the struggling the guitarist into the trees in the general direction of the river. The Luxio slowly got up and followed the two of them, leaving Brendan and Tyler alone at the intersection.

"You did good Dusclops, return!" Brendan called to the ghost, taking out his pokéball and returning the Cyclops pokémon into it. Machop quickly emerged from the trees, munching on a Pecha Berry he found. Brendan then turned to his battle partner to give feedback, "That's some Toxicroak you have there, quite versatile in its moves as well. I'm quite surprised that he got beaten at the gym." Brendan commented.

The earthquake died down for a few seconds, but it went up again, causing a 5.3 on the Richter scale, though this was reported after all the aftershocks died down.
---
Gaz turned on his CB radio and changed the frequency range to the local seismologist's broadcast channel.

"-a confirmed 5.5 minimum and 6.1 maximum on the Richter scale. This is the estimated equivalent of the Alum Rock earthquake recorded in 2007 in California of USA at the minimum and a megaton of TNT on the high end. Residents are advised to remain in shelter as aftershocks may occur and power lines are likely down. There has been an earthquake with a confirmed 5.5 minimum- Wait. All residents are advised to stay in shelter, as the seismograph just recorded a 1.9 aftershock. I repeat- Holy crap. The seismograph is registering a 5.3 Richter aftershock, though this is not likely to be an aftershock-"

The portable wind-up radio died. Gaz took a mental note of what the seismologist said. The 5.3 was o its way, and it would be here any second.

Actually, speak of the devil...

The ground shook back and forth in the scenario described at the top of this post. Letters began falling down adn getting mis-arranged, and chaos ensued in th eresult o the earthquake .
The falling letters fell down below, into a n arrangement, nd, in the end, the lette s spelled a single, yet m ysterious word, and, a s the dust and the haphazard spacing cleared, the word became clear. ternity stood still for the word, and the city was quiet. Eterna was never quiet. Forgotten memories of what began Eterna...

fEar
The word said...

Gaz opened his eyes, the thought burned into his mind.
OOC - How the hell did I make that epic in my brain when I'm tired as all get out, and I am lacking caffine?

Before Jake could think of an answer to Ray's response, the hospital starting shaking. Gaz leapt out of the bed, and ran down the hallway. Jake leapt up and ran after him, dodging screaming patients in the hallways.
Jake stopped at the stairway, jumping down the narrow gap between the staircases. He rolled when he hit the ground to absorb the impact. He ran into the basement and noticed Gaz hiding under a desk. Jake ducked under the one next to him. Then an aftershock of incredible power hit, sending the MRE's flying. "What the hell caused this earthquake!?" Jake yelled over the rumbling.

When the quake started, Ray rushed toward the window. "Adelle, give me a lift." he said as he threw Adelle's ball out the window. Turn around he saw that Gaz and Jake both running out the door. Then jumping out the window and landed on his Dargonte's back. Taking to the air he left the quake area.

Gaz was holed up below his desk. He searched for the emergency earthquake IV hooks and found one, hooking the half-full IV bag up so the O-positive blood would flow into his veins.

He saw the #2 MRE case bust open, spilling a dozen #2 MREs out of the "6.5-Richter earthquake resistant" locker-like unit.

Gaz commented aloud, barely hearing himself over a different postal scale going k-k-kk-k-kk-k-k-kk-k-k-k in the corner, "Damn, guess no one's going to get pork ribs soon."

Gaz looked over at the fire bell. The patented bell was... strange. Think about a brass bell in an aluminum room.

The room lost power, causing Gaz to swear in German, "Schieße! Es geht der Strom."

TRANSLATION - "Shit! There goes the electricity."

OOC:Time to introduced Erin. Yeah! And Newprofie, I'll pm you what the letter will say.

BIC:
The earthquake soon ceased but the hospital was a wreck. Landed near by, Ray inspected the soil. Holding up a clump of dirt, he said, "That quake was made by a pokemon and it was near by. Someone doesn't want Gaz on the case. Well Adelle, it's time for plan B." Adelle threw her trainer a questing look as he pulled out a pencil and paper for his pack and began writing. When he finished he folded up the paper. "Rick come on out." he said releasing the ball. Picking up his stuff and handing it to Rick, he said to his pokemon, "Give this to Gaz when he get out." He turned around and began to walk toward the Galactic building.

----------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Galactic building, Jupiter slowly walked toward the prison hold. Peering inside the metal door she said, "Well it looks like the grunt did the job I wanted he to. That cop won't be bugging us anymore. So shall we continue that talk we had?"
"Like I told you, I don't no What I saw is and I don't have anything to do about it." came a female voice from the cell.
"I think that's a lie."
"Let me out, give me my Vaporeon and well see if I told you the truth or not." the girl baked from the cell.
Jupiter laugh, "Mars was right, you don have guts. But I think you gave your friend the plate before you were knocked out. Or he could have taken it when you were out."
"Have fun beating Ray. He's going to wipe the floor with you."
"Your friend is weak trust me." Jupiter said turning to a grunt that came up to her. "What is it?"
"Commander, we have a new member at the front door."
"Get outfitted and have him report to me."
"Yes commander.
"We'll finish this some other time." Jupiter said turning around to look at her prisoner.
"Go jump off a cliff." Erin said as Jupiter walked away.

------------------

Later the new member was in Jupiter's office. "Well I have plenty people in all areas of the building," she said, "So I'll just have you guard the prison hold."
"Yes, commander." the person said. Turning around he asked, "What was with the colored doors?"
"The higher ranking you are, the more areas you can enter. Being a newbie you can enter the blue doors only."
"Okay," he said and left the room.

When the sensitive postal scale stopped making "k" sounds, Gaz grabbed the intravenous bag, containing some dark-red O+ blood.

Gaz turned to the side where there was a chair pulled out, and crawled through. He then stood up.

Gaz turned to go see if his room was still alive, but an Umbreon grabbed his jeans leg. Gaz whirled around and said, "Can I help you?" before spotting a letter on the table.

Gaz struggled to read the sloppy handwriting. He squinted, and recognized one word: 'Raymond'.

After he realized that, most of the other letters became familiar...

"Dear Gaz

I would have stayed around to get you out but time is running short for a friend of mine. She been kidnapped by Galactic. I have this picture of what she saw with me. By the time you read this, I should be inside the Galactic building. Call me on my poke gear with in 2 hours after reading this. Then wait another hour before coming in to get me and any people the Galactic maybe holding.

Raymond.
P.S. If any thing happens before you come in or you can't get me on my poke gear, send in my Dragonite and Umbreon to find me. They should be with this letter. Also, my poke gear number is 390-9280"

Gaz pulled up his cell phone, and dialed 3-9-0-9-2-8-0.

The ERI service spoke, "Verizon Wireless." Then there was a triple beep, and a busy tone.

"Damn it, pick up."
Gaz hit "End" then "Send" twice.

"Verizon wireless."
There were the three beeps, each higher-pitched than the last.

"Thank you," Gaz said to the phone when he heard the ring on the other side. He got the voice mail.

"Damn it. Time for plan B," Gaz said as he pulled out his bluetooth headset and his laptop. He clicked on the icon that read EVPDHACK.EXE and logged in. He then connected the Bluetooth to the computer and changed the setting on the p[hone from "NO COMPUTER CONN" to "BLUETOOTH", and clicked "Download to phone" on the program. He logged off when it was complete and disconnected the Bluetooth.

Gaz pressed the "REDIAL CALL" button on the screen of the hacking tool, and it immediately dialed...

...Busy. Either someone turned their phone off or they were in the call state...

Gaz looked at the reception indicator on his phone. "Searching for service". He decided to steal service from the laptop. He booted it up, and lined his phone up with the laptop's external antenna... There. Four bars - full. Gaz hit "REDIAL CALL" on the phone.

"Verizon wireless," then a familiar triple-beep. Then the ringing on the other end.

Ray's pocket stared buzzing. He began to reach in when a grunt came around the corner. "Snafu." he mumbled under his breath. The buzzing stop and then began once again. Ray enter a bathroom near by. Pulling it out he looked at the screen. "No signal. Shit." he said looking at the door. Seeing no one in the hallway, he exit the room and booked down the path. The poke gear started to buzz again. Looking at it he answered it. "Hello? Gaz, if this you I told you to call me 2 hours after coming out. You would have of been dug out before I wrote that letter."

"Finally."

"Hello? Gaz, if this is you I told you to call me two hours after coming out."

Gaz calmly explained, "The letter told me to call you WITHIN 2 hours of reading the letter."

Gaz then turned to the laptop and looked at the screen. The hacking tool was at the front. Then a line of text appeared, "WIRETAP DETECTED".

Gaz spoke in the cell phone quickly, "The phone line's being tapped. After this I'll send out a virus to delete all trace of this," Then Gaz changed the tone of his voice, "You would be wise to take the battery out the PokeGear."

Gaz hung up, and hit "SEND VIRUS".

Gaz watched the screen.....

.....One minute...

...A minute-thirty...

A textbox appeared on-screen, "ALL RECORDS OF CALL ERASED".

What the hell.[ Ray though to him self as he pulled the battery out. When he was finish with it, he looked up. He was in the prison hold. Pocketing the still battery-less pokegear, he walked down the hall, peering in to each one. the all seemed to be empty. As he rounded the corner, he saw a grunt in front of a door.
"What do you want?" the grunt asked.
"I here to replace you for now." Ray said.
"Thank god." the said walking away. "Hey don't get an arm's length near the opening to that door. The newest prisoner is a fighter."
"Just what I wanted to hear." Ray mumbled under his breath. pulling out the pokegear, he popped the battery back in. Take a peak into the door the grunt had said, he saw Erin sleeping in the corner. looking around he found her pack and pulled out one of pokemon. Smiling he wrote quick letter and wrapped it around the ball and dropped it into the cell. Now I have to wait for you to wake up. He thought as he leaned against the door.

((Ooc: Thought I was gone, didn't 'cha?))
"Great job, Toxicroak!" Tyler praised his Pokemon as he threw him his favorite sweet poffin, "Enjoy. Thanks, but he got beat because he's mostly an attacker. A Bastiodon is all defense on the front end, and Byron kept me from getting around him. And that Dusclops, amazing. Never could I of trained something like that, with a custom move variation. Now, we'd better get going," Tyler returned his Toxicroak,"Which way again?"

Status
Not open for further replies.