• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Sacred Plates of Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz ran a trace on the wiretap, but whoever put it there was extremely clever. He retried, with the same results.

HE put his laptop on "Hibernate" and walked up to his hospital room. Good, Gaz thought, no significant damage. He placed the IV bag up on the hanger for it and laid down on the bed. He took out his laptop and re-booted it. He then re-tried a trace.

WIRETAP FOUND AT 192.168.2.17

That got Gaz's attention. Someone in the PD was wiretapping the call.

Gaz pulled up the phone and looked at it. He decided not to call Ray.

(Note: Will be absent for two weeks starting today, try to slow down so that I don't lose track of the events. And, try not to pass through the days so fast, this is like a time warp for imploder and I, we're still on day 1 XD)

"The map said this path should take us to a bridge across the river, it's deep when you're that close to the ocean, and I have no idea how well repaired the bridge is. Chances are we might have to watch our step. After that, it's a 4 mile walk to the Jubilife entrance gate; a walk in the park for a trainer." Brendan explained, referring to basic knowledge he received from the more detailed map back at the pokemon center. "So we better get moving, we might be able to get to Jubilife before 2. And I hear it's a big city, so we don't want to miss out on rooms. Let's go" Brendan explained, then he began walking up the path with Tyler and Machop following behind. After about two-hundred paces, a faint cry echoed through the forest. Although it was too faint for the humans to notice, Machop knew it was the sound of a Mohawk-haired guitarist's humiliation.

The bridge, like Brendan anticipated, wasn't exactly kept in better maintenence than the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a simple rope and ladder bridge, stretching ten meters across the swirling river beneath to the opposite bank. The ropes seemed sturdy, but the wooden boards serving for flooring have turned into an ugly dark brown, with patches of moss across the boards. There was no telling what may have happened to their insides, which decided whether the board was to hold up a human or send him into the waters. Some boards were missing as well, proving this point. Brendan didn't expect to be swept far out to sea should he fall in, but it would take him off to the wilderness and cause some bad delays.

Brendan turned to Tyler, holding his hand out towards the mouth of the bridge, "You want the honors? I'll stay close behind and watch your back." Brendan offered.

OOC - From Lucario's point of view.
"Damn. Someone found the tap. Well," Lucario thought, "I can play that game too."
Lucario changed out the wiretaps; swapped the flash-memory tap for an old-fashioned tape 'tap. He then waited and hit 'TRACE SIGNAL'.

"SIGNAL TRACED FROM 192.168.2.128"

Lucario quickly checked the IP address in Gaz's notebook.

"It couldn't be..."

Lucario double-checked. Then triple-checked. And checked again.

"192.168.2.128 - WILMBROKE BRIAN-LAPTOP"
Either someone was tracking it from Gaz's laptop, which means Gaz had been held hostage, and Gaz either gave them the code or typed it in...

...Or Gaz was tracking the signal.

Lucario went into the in-hacking-tool command prompt, and typed in "tracert 192.168.31.255"

"Tracing route to 4092017698 over a maximum of 30 hops...

* * * Connection timed out.
* 507 * Connection found at 507 ms through 192.168.2.128"
Lucario sighed, "Yup. it's Gaz."

Lucario looked at the command prompt and thought.

The cursor blinked, waiting.

Chess. Move, countermove, counter-countermove... Gaz was basically playing chess with the person on the station's computer. The wireless system made Gaz able to do work in the armory-

Wait. Wireless?

"Check and mate," Gaz said. He then typed:
chgwep 192.168.2.255 "0586230412"

Gaz watched the screen.

A little tooltip window popped up and said, "Wireless disconnected due to WEP change". Gaz clicked it and typed in 0586230412. He then hit "Enter".

That would solve the problem. Unless it was Lucario on the other end.

A wiindow popped up on the screen. "WIRETAP DETECTED".

"Hello, Lucario." He set his cell phone right beside the laptop's antenna and dialed it.
5-5-5-3-7-0-1.

"Verizon wireless", the ERI service alert said.

Suddenly the phone spurted, "This is the Eterna Volunteer Police Department's automated answering service. To call the front desk, press one. To dial a specific room, press 2. For emergencies, hang up and call 911."

Gaz pressed 2.

"Please enter 6 then the room number at the tone followed by 'pound'."

There was a pair of clicks, then a beep. Gaz pressed 6-1-7-3, then #.

The phone buzzed.

There was a click, then a deep voice said, "Hello?"
"Lucario, this is Gaz. I know it's you. Remove the tap. Now."

The busy tone sounded, so Gaz retried.

There was three high-pitched beeps, then a female voice said, "We're sorry, this phone number is not in service or has been disconnected. To check the connection status or for help, hang up and dial your operator."

There were another three beeps, and the female voice said, "Lo sentimos, este número de teléfono no está en servicio o se ha desconectado. Para comprobar el estado de conexión o para ayudar, cuelgue y marque con su operador."

Gaz hung up.

Gaz though aloud, "Damn it, Lucario!"

He then walked over to the bedside nurse buzzer, and pressed it.

A female nurse walked in and said, "Yes, Gaz? Can I help you?"

Gaz replied, "I'm going to temporarily check out. Can you call the Department and ask for a transport for me?"

"Sure, please wait."

A few minutes later the nurse came in and said that the transport was here. Gaz went downstairs and climbed into the back of a Bureau van.

"Eterna's volunteer plice department, please," Gaz said to the driver. He then proceeded to check his pocket, only to find a small key. THe key to room 137 of the PD.

When Gaz arrived, he went to his office and unlocked it. When he opened it, Lucario was sitting at a desk and the phone was disconnected.

Gaz reconnected it, closed the door, and locked it. He went to the desk and said to the Lucario to sit on the other side.

The closed bulletproof shutters didn't allow much light in, but the indirect lighting systems were set to keep the room dim. Gaz strode over to the lighting system control and slid the dimmer to the top.

The room almost immediately got brighter.

Gaz sat down behind his desk and looked straight at the Lucario.

"Why?" Gaz finally spoke after a few minutes of silence.
"Why what?"
Gaz stared over his glasses at the Pokemon in front of him.

"Why what?" The Lucario repeated through telepathy?

Gaz looked around, and, satisfied that no one could see into the room, Gaz signed to the Lucario.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Ooc: I thought we were on day 2? What day is everyone else on? 5?))

"Great," Tyler said, "I'll die first if this happens more than once. If I do die, don't touch my stuff. Really. Don't do it. I'm serious. And don't say your in my will. I don't even have one yet." Tyler cautiously edged forward, then stopped. He let out his Seaking into the water.

It nodded and got ready to catch Tyler if he fell. It's horn might of been a caution, but it knew how NOT to spear it's trainer. Hopefully.

Tyler moved forward over the planks. He had to leap over 2 broken boards and, CRACK! The board broke and crashed into the current below. "Aaah!!!!!!" Tyler shrieked, then he was choked out by the water rushing into his mouth. Seaking rushed into him and pushed Tyler out of the water. He shot into the air and fell hard onto the ground. "Good job..." Tyler said as he returned Seaking to it's Pokeball. "Your turn."
((Ooc: Guess I won't be here for a while either.))

(I'll find time...)

Tyler got across the water his own way. Brendan didn't have any water pokemon on him, so he had to be more careful. When he got over to where Tyler fell. He jumped over the 3 boards, with Machop on his shoulder, then used his hands to grab the ropes on both sides to hold him in the air. He then slowly lowered himself onto the board below his feet. That was the worst of it. Gripping the ropes, he slowly stepped over the boards, three at a time, adjusting whenever he saw a board that didn't look sturdy enough. He seemed to be getting over no problem.

When Brendan was halfway across the bridge. A Remoraid leapt out of the water in front of him, over the bridge, and back down. Brendan kept going, to find the Remoraid jumping again in front of him. Brendan stopped altogether when the same Remoraid jumped again. And watched as the Remoraid jumped again and again.

"Looks like this guy enjoys showing off." Brendan whispered, what he didn't notice was that the Remoraid was a female; a smitten one too. Brendan continued along, off the bridge, leaving the Remoraid behind. Or so he thought, just before he got off. The Remoraid made one last jump, and landed in Brendan's backpack without him noticing. Brendan walked over to Tyler,

"Well, at least we got over that no problem, Jubilife isn't far, just up this path." Brendan explained.

OOC: I'll be gone for two weeks. So unless Newprofile and everyone in this section gets me involved, this is my last post for the next two weeks. If I'm involved some how, I'm going to let Brendan (because it is his story) god mod my character. If he doesn't want to Newprofile can.
BIC:
Ray soon fell asleep. letting his dreams carry him. Unfortunately, He was rudely awaken by a hand over his mouth. Ripping the hand off, he scolded in a low tone. "Erin, I said it was me in the letter,"
Smiling, Erin said though the small opening, "I know but I had to get your attetion somehow. Now get me out."
"Not until the police get here." Ray said looking around.
"That could be forever. I got Val and I'm ready to roll."
"I got things planed out. I just hope they go as plan."
"Knowing the cops, it won't." Erin said heading back into the corner.
"They should." Ray said before thinking to himself, Gaz, don't fail me.

Gaz looked at the Lucario. It seemed determined to find its brother.

Gaz signed to it.

The Lucario looked at its master, and replied,

Gaz looked at the Lucario again.

Myra sighed. She was soo bored. And she still had 11 hours left. Her mind wandered, her gaze falling upon Storm.

The Jolteon was asleep, his black fur sticking out at every angle. It hadn't always been black. When Cyrus had given her an Eevee as a present, he'd had tan skin. But the longer Storm was with Myra, the darker his fur had become until he was jet black.

During that time, he'd also grown. Not in the normal way. Not by evolving. He'd been a Jolteon when he'd grown taller, more muscular than any Jolteon. His head reached Myra's waist.

And his ability over electricity had strengthed. He could do things with the energy that a Zapdos might find difficult.

And he wasn't the only one who had changed. Soul had changed as well.

The Xatu's position had changed. No longer did he stand upright, but his body leaned forwards. He looked like a bird of prey. His tail had lengthened, his wings grown, his talons sharpened. He no longer looked timid. He looked savage.

But the main thing that people feared about him was his eyes. And that was no fault of Myra's.

Shortly after Soul evolved, they'd found themselves being attacked by a pack of Houndoom. Soul had managed to defeat them all and protect his trainer, but at a price. The alpha male clawed Souls eyes out. Where there should be eyes, there was two dark holes. Blood sometimes gushed out of them. So Soul had to rely on his psychic abilities to see.

Myra sighed. She didn't use Soul in battle anymore. It was too difficult for him, dispite the changes Myra'd caused. And all the changes had happened after she'd let Cyrus do those experiments on her...

The only reason she'd let him was because she owed him so much. He'd agreed to stage a kidnapping so she could escape from her father, even if it meant hurting the rest of her family.

"My name... is Cyrus... I... I'm the leader of Team Galactic..." The old man had said.

Jessica gazed up at her resucer in terror. Dispite the fact that he'd stopped her father, she was still terrerifed. He saw her expression.

"I don't mean you any harm." His voice grew histerical. "I swear! I saved you!"

"But you can't help me get away from here... And my father will recover... and when he does he'll be ten times worse..."

Cyrus looked thoughful. "I could actually. If we staged a kidnapping... we could get you away from here."

Jessica looked up at him, blinking back tears of gratitude.

"If you could, I'll be in your det forever. If you can't... suicide may be the only option."

His eyes grew determinded.

"I will get you out of here. This I swear on my life."

"Thank you..."

The memory came back to Myra, perfectly clear. She didn't regret it at all. Ok, maybe a little. She must have caused her family a lot of heart break. But they wanted her to be happy didn't they? And she was happy living like this.

Even so, Myra would rather die than have her family find out about her helping criminals. Expecially not her younger brother.

OOC: I will message newprofile001 with what the file said.

BIC:After Gaz left the room, Jake got out from underneath the table and walked over to the table where the letter was laying and released Cario. Jake read the letter, then set it down and went outside.

On the front lawn of the hospital, Jake released Steelix, who opened his mouth. Jake crawled inside and was followed by Cario, who had a disgusted look on his face. "Suck it up, you know its the quickest way" Jake exclaimed as the Steelix closed his mouth and proceeded to burrow into the earth.

When they surfaced near the galactic building Steelix opened his mouth to allow his passengers to exit. Jake called him back, the went into his back pack and pulled out a grappling hook. He swung it above his head and released it, securing it to the second story ledge. He climbed up the wall, then broke the glass by tumbling in.

"Go fish"
The grunt grumbled as he drew from the stack of cards in the middle of the table. He and three others had been playing this game for a hour, and he was still in dead last. His thoughts were broken by the sound of glass braking. He turned around just in time to see a blonder haired teen smash his fist into the face of a fellow grunt. Scrambling for cover, the grunt was knocked to the ground by chair before he could reach his pokeball. He looked up and saw a lucario sending an aura attack at him. "I am so going to lose my job" He mumbled as he was hit by blast.

Jake wiped the blood off his arm as he walked over to the door. As he went to turn the handle he noticed a file on the table.A file on him. He looked over it, skimming through the pages, then set it down. Why did they have a file on him? He grabbed the file next to it and read it. The file dropped from his hands. "No" he whispered running out the door. A grunt tried to stop him, and was met with a fist in the face. Jake ran for the door, swearing as his anger built. Three grunts got in his way. "get out of my way!" Jake yelled, getting ready to fight. But he never got to. One of the grunts pulled a gun and shot him. "Jessica, how could you?" he whispered as he fell to the ground, his vision fading.

The grunt put away his weapon. "Lets load him up"

Cario was walking towards Jake when he fled out of the room. He bent over and picked up the files he had dropped and read them, then dashed out of the room after him. He turned the corner in time to see Jake being shot. Sensing Gaz, Cario ran up the stairs, knocking down any grunts that were unfortunate enough to be in his way. He heard a flash bang to the left of him, and went that way, entering the prison. He saw Gaz and rushed over to him, grabbing a pen off of him. He quickly wrote on the file and handed it to Gaz, ignoring the tears that were going down his cheeks.

The grunts threw Jake into the van, and closed the door. They walked over to the drivers seat, where another grunt was waiting for him. "Where to?" he asked, taking a swig of coffee.
"Oreburgh" the other grunt replied. The driver climbed inside, started the engine and drove away. The first grunt walked back towards the building. "Poor guy, he has no idea he's going to a family reunion."

(And what a reunion it will be... Ehehe...)

Darkness had finally fallen. Myra let out a sign of relief and began the kilometre walk back into Oreburgh. She would have told Soul to teleport, but this way was less noticable. And if she got noticed before the mission, she wouldn't get that fossil. And that would suck.

Storm walked quietly by Myra's side as the two entered the city. It was completely dark, save for a few lights and the nightclub. Myra ignored the drunk men who yelled out at her, trying to woo her. Idiots.

She quickly came across the huge pile of coal; a mountain of energy. She found a small ledge and sat down on it, making herself comfortable. Storm lay down beside her.

Myra watched, looking out for a white headed old man. But he came from the other direction.

"Jessica!" Cyrus exclaimed happily. "Its good to see you!"

Myra couldn't help but smile. "And you to. But you know that Jessica doesn't really exist anymore."

"She does. She's just deep down at the moment, sleeping. But believe you me, she'll awaken sometime. You just wait and see."

"Whatever."

The two were silent for a while.

"I still don't get it." Cyrus said slowly.

"Don't get what?"

"Why don't you join Team Galactic? You're basicly one of us... and if you did, you'd probably be my second in command. Higher than anyone else."

"Cyrus." Myra sighed. "I've told you a billion times. I won't join because if my brother's or mum found out, they'd be so mad at me and I'd feel so guitly to have hurt them like that..."

"I see."

"Do you?"

"Not really... my whole family knows who I am, but I don't care."

"Almost all of your family's dead."

"Good point."

Silence.

"So what do you want me to do Cyrus?"

"It's simple. I want you to guard the Museum from any firearms or anything that could put us in danger. Most non Pokemon weapons are made from metal, and that will be a pushover for you. And any Pokemon that do dare attack you will be taken care of by Soul and Storm."

"That's all?"

"Yes. Did you expect more?"

Myra shrugged.

"I'll give you the fossil now, because I know you'll keep your word."

Cyrus handed Myra a large gemlike thing that was a beautiful topaz colour. Amber.

"It contains DNA of a Aerodacytl." He said. "They're very strong, worth a lot. You just might have to travel to another region to get it resurected. The one here might be out of buisness for a while."

Myra gave him her thanks, then stood up.

"I'll meet you outside the Museum at 2.00am. Get some sleep Jessica."

Then Cyrus disappeared, as if only a dream. Myra sighed, then turned and went back to her hotel room.

(Yeah its a bit ahead of time. Deal with it. Just continue like normal. I'm just in a really Role Playing mood tonight...)

OOC: I had and Idea for Brendan's time warp problem. Make something hit them on the head and knock them out. We're only on the second or third day, so that should fix it.

BIC: Jake woke up gagged with his arms and legs tied. He was also being carried past a large building by a galactic grunt. Looking at it, Jake figured it must be the museum. The grunt stopped and dropped him to the ground. As he hit the ground, a spike of pain went through his chest where he had been shot. He looked up and saw the grunt punching number into a keypad, opening the door. The grunt picked up Jake and carried him inside, going down several flights of stairs. The grunt opened another door and walked into a lab complex with many shiny devices. Jake was taken by a slightly larger grunt and carried over to a jail cell. The grunt threw Jake in and closed the door.

Jake squirmed around, trying to get out of his bonds. Seeing that he couldn't, Jake propped himself up against the wall and tried to think of an escape plan. He could have used his cell phone, but they had taken it. He looked at the guard and noticed a cell phone on his belt. Struggling to get up, Jake hopped over to the guard.

When he reached him, he noticed that the guard was asleep. He carefully nudged the cell phone out of the holster and onto the ground. Using his feet, Jake opened the cellphone and brought it near his head. He dialed Gaz's cell phone using his nose, and started to chew through the gag while he waited for Gaz to pick up.

Tyler noticed the Remoraid jumping into Brendan's backpack. He didn't want to tell him. "No problem?" Tyler said, "Look at me! I'm soaking wet! C'mon, lets go. I need to change my clothes at a Pokemon Center or something." Tyler and Brendan continued down the path to Jubilife City, Brendan still unaware that there was a live Remoraid in his backpack.

((Ooc: Argh! Brain block!))

(Should I break it for you?)

"Wet clothes? That's the least of the worries, you should be thankful you didn't shred them yet." Brendan commented, handing him a small hankerchief in his pocket to at least ease some of the water off. Then followed Tyler down the path towards Jubilife.

Neither of them could see Jubilife until they were actually in it. A large rest station stood at the end of the path, blocking the sight behind it. When they got inside, Tyler went to find a towel, while Brendan went over to the window and saw just how close the city was. The dirt path almost instantly turned into road. And gigantic buildings clawing at the sky were only a stone throw away. The streets were more or less empty here, but Brendan could see rapidly growing crowds at an intersection further down the road.

Looking around the rest station, which was more or less deserted except for a man drinking a beer and a kid whispering to his Weepinbell, Brendan was able to find a large Jubilife city map on the wall. Looking at the detailed map, Brendan came to learn that the Global Terminal was situated here, though it couldn't really be called that since the trades and video exchanges required . There was also a trainer's school where many budding trainers went to learn and test out their skills. Brendan made a note of its location to see if he could get some battling in later that day. It was already too late to travel to Oreburgh before it gets dark, so spending the night here was a better option.

"Are we going to waste our time here, or are we going to get going?" a voice spoke behind him, Brendan turned around to find that Tyler was the owner of the voice. His clothes were still damp, and creased, though wringing out clothes usually did that.

"Hold on, we can either go to Oreburgh now, miss the sights of Jubilife, and travel through the dark, or we can stay here for the night and head out first thing in the morning." Brendan explained, giving Tyler the option.

OOC- Sorry, compy time's been limited.

Gaz looked over to see a van leaving. He unslung his suppressed rifle and loaded a tracking bug into the chamber. There was a soft 'plink' as the tracker found its mark. But Gaz kept looking through the scope. What he saw infuriated him.

Looking through the scope, Gaz saw Jake bound-and-gagged, and his clothing was blood-stained.

Gaz secured a rappel line on the side of the building and slid down, not bothering to actually RAPPEL.* His feet touched ground, and he hit the "PANIC" button on his flickie.

About 17 metres away, Gaz heard the quadbike's panic alarm go off.

Gaz immediately hit the flashers on the quad (custom installed) and a pre-recorded looping of a siren.

He got back to the station and put a first-aid kit in the trunk.

Looking at the laptop, Gaz saw the blip on the map. Oreburgh Coal Museum.

Gaz slapped the CB out of the little holster and spoke, "Officer in need of assistance, building right by Oreburgh Mining and Coal Museum. Bring paramedics and SWAT, over."

A deep, aged voice replied, "Copy that. Ranger 23, is that you?" to which Gaz replied, "Damn skippy."

Gaz floored the quadbike, running at the rev limiter at 47 miles an hour, with the looped siren blaring and the flashers just blinking away. Until he got to Oreburgh's city limits.

"Lucario. Your rifle. Shoot to kill."

The Lucario nodded.

Gaz went up to the back of the building and went up to the skylight. He then punched a hole, only to have a hexagon-shaped piece of glass fall out.
"Damn. Safety glass."

Gaz pulled a pin on a flashbang and signaled Lucario about the flashbang.

The flashbang clattered to the floor, and Gaz was staring intensely at his watch.

The second hand ticked twice, and Gaz covered his ears.

There was a harmless 'tik' as the second hand moved, and a loud bang as the flashbang detonated, shattering hexagonal pieces of glass to the floor.

Gaz put in place a zip line* and slid down. He ran over to Jake and opened a pocketknife. With two strokes Gaz cut the bounding, and Gaz wasn't about to undo the gag yet; if Gaz misjudged his pressure, he might've sliced through skin.

Gaz unholstered his revolver and handed it to Jake, then he took the suppressed P90 off his back and started shooting. He left about ten quick-change magazines for the revolver and out them beside Jake, as he proceeded to clean out the building, restraining those he could.

Then there were a whole racket of gunfire as SWAT arrived. Gaz switched his shoulder radio to their frequency and said, "Restrain those you can; otherwise shoot to kill."

There were several nods. Good; everyone got it.

Gaz rushed back to Jake and told him to go as limp as he could as he tried to get the gag off.

There was a loud RIP as the gag tore. Gaz saved the cloth. He then took off Jake's shirt and noticed the blood streak.

Gaz thought about where the file went-Wait. It's in the trunk, and Cario's at the station.

Gaz used the pocketknife to dig into the wound, and felt resistance. He tapped the handle of the pocketknife gently and felt a metallic click.

Gaz reoriented the knife and used it to pull out the bullet. He then used the gag as a field dressing and tied the wound up. The pressure bandage wouldn't hold forever, but at least it'd keep the blood loss from the left shoulder from getting worse. He then took his handkerchief and used it to clean the wound that the bullet hit.

Gaz found some duct tape, and used it to fasten an improvised pressure bandage with the handkerchief between it and the wound.

Gaz picked Jake up and carried him over into the back of the nearest bulletproof SWAT van, as he saw an ambulance arrive. "Good," Gaz thought, "Now I can go back and get my stuff."

So Gaz walked back in the now-silent building and collected his ammo. He looked for his revolver, but couldn't find it.

Gaz walked back to the SWAT van and asked Jake where the revolver was.

"In my pocket, waiting for a special someone" Jake muttered, before collapsing on the floor. Gaz found it and retrieved the revolver. He told the SWAT team to escort the ambulance, and notified the ambulance driver that he's have an escort. With that, Jake was driven off to Hearthome's hospital with Gaz tagging along behind.

*Rappel and 'fast rope' are the same type of cable, however, the methods from getting from point A to point B. With a rappel, you are almost horizontal, as with a fast rope you're vertical, and you slide down without stopping.

OOC: Actually Jake was in a building next to the museum, You need to change your post so that Auras plot can take place. And you never rescued Ray.....

BIC:Jake weakly looked up at Gaz, who had asked him where the revolver was. "In my pocket, waiting for a special someone" Jake muttered, before collapsing on the floor.

Inside the now trashed building, a grunt crawled out of a cabinet he had been hiding in. Walking over to the radio, he pressed the talk button.

"Sir, the boy has been taken."

"How far in was he?" said the person on the other side, whose voice was filled with age.

"Stage two, sir"

"Where are they now?"

"Outside the building"

There was silence on the other end.

"I am going to send Myra to retrieve him"

"Who's Myra?"

"Oh, you'll know her when you see her."

The Grunt put down the radio, and walked up the stairs. With a sigh, he opened the door and went outside with his hands behind his head.

OOC: Cue Aura!

(*Bows to all*)

Myra's phone rang.

"Ugh... Leave me alone!" She howled and threw the pillow over her head.

The ringing didn't stop. Storm whinned.

"Fine fine..."

She grabbed the moblie and listened.

"Myra... or whoever you are... We've lost a captive. We need to you to retreive him." A deep male voice said from the other side.

"I was told to guard the musemn, not to capture people!" She hissed back.

"Cyrus's orders."

Myra sighed. If it was anyone but Cyrus...

"Alright. But I want a pay rise!" She hung up and reached for a Dusk Ball.

Storm knew what was going on, for he huddled up next to Myra. He hated teleporting. Myra stroked his head to soothe him, then released Soul. The Xatu/bird of prey flew out in a burst of darkness, making no sound.

I'm guessing we're going to teleport. Soul commented.

"Yup. You know the building next to the museum?"

Soul nodded.

"Well there's an alley beside it. I want you to take us to the alleyway ok?

Gottcha.

Soul flew over the top of them both, and glowed silver. Myra and Storm did as well. Then they vanished out of existance. Myra couldn't breathe at all. The blackness closed in from every direction. Just when her vision started breaking out in yellow and red spots, the world came into focus again.

They were in an alleyway, behind two grunts who were watching the people out the front of the building. They jumped when she said,

"Who must I capture?"

They quickly regained themselves.

"The young boy whose unconsious. His name's Jake."

Myra flinched for a moment. But Jake was a common enough name...

"Kill the rest? Get any Pokemon I can?"

"Yup."

Myra walked forwards, returning Soul to his Pokeball as she moved. Out of the alleyway she went, exposed for everyone to see. God it sucked. One of the police bounded up to her.

"Are you alright miss? You weren't hurt? Or caught by Team Galactic honey?" He flirited sightly.

Myra made herself tremble and look very frightened. Her stance seemed to confirm the officer's questions.

"Come on, we'll get you safe with the other boy who was captive."

This was what Myra wanted. The man wrapped his arm around her waist, a bit too enthusiastic about it. Together, he directed her into a van. Inside there was a boy who was regaining consiousness. Myra's blood ran cold.

"Jake…" she breathed, looking at his accusing eyes.

(NewProfile, I'm going to have to reply to your PM here, because I can't send any for some reason... I didn't control your character. I just said a policeman. It could be anyone. And I didn't know that had happened. It wasn't made clear. Probably because I read PokemonGod's instead. Apology. It's just a bit easier like this. And since when were you going to Hearthome? I think Oreburgh would have a hospital...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake stared at the person before him. If he hadn't read the file, he wouldn't have know who she was. He wouldn't have know his own sister......

But this wasn't his sister. She was dead the day she was "Kidnapped". This was just an imitation. Jake reached for the revolver, but noticed it was missing. Deprived of his primary mode of attack, he went to a more low-tech approach.

"You filthy hoe!" he yelled, knocking her to the ground with one blow from his fist. He grabbed her by the shirt and threw her to the other side of the van. "You know what you did to us?" he screamed, tears flowing down his cheeks. He kicked he in the stomach, then fell to his knees. "I've spent 2 years searching for you, and this is what I find?" Jake noticed a gun on the wall and grabbed it, placing the barrel on her forehead. "You aren't my sister!" He screamed, resting his finger on the trigger. "You're dead to me!"

Jake looked into Myras eyes, and dropped the gun. "But I'm not the one to do it" he said falling on his knees. "I'm too weak to kill you." Jake said, before looking up. "I've failed"

Myra flinched as he rested the barrel of the gun on her temple. But she knew that death was the least she deserved. Then he dropped the gun, and fell to his knees. Emotion welled up within Myra. She felt horrified at herself. How could she have done this to him? But then she remembered, and knew exactly how she could have done this.

"Jake..." She said softly.

He didn't register that she'd spoken.

"Jake, it was this or kill myself. And the latter would have been harder on you all." Or so she'd thought.

Now he looked up, confused, but still furious. Then another officer burst in with a gun.

"What's going on!" He yelled, waving the firearm around.

Myra looked at him, annoyed. She raised her finger and pointed at the weapon.

CRACK!!! A thin bolt of lightning flew from her fingertip and into the weapon, which exploded and threw the man back, shards of steel imbeded in his head. Jake stared at her in horror. Myra reached for Soul's Pokeball and released him.

"Teleport."

The Xatu glowed silver again, and in a flash, Myra, Jake, Storm and Soul disappeared. As she vanished into the blackness, Myra spotted a lone man with a Lucario, looking at her with something she couldn't read. Then everything vanished and became black.

Where to? Soul asked.

Where we were waiting yesterday... There was a slight tremble to her thoughts.

Myra fought to contain herself. She was close to histerics. Then all was light again. The group landed in the dust. Myra let herself fall to her knees, let her once long hair shield the world from her. This was going to be hard. And she was rather certain that she might not survive it.

"Jake..." She whispered again, but then fell silent, unsure how to proceed.

What did you say to someone who thought you were a captive or dead for the better part of... how long had it been? A year? Two years? She didn't know. It'd felt like forever.

Myra was suddenly aware that she was shaking like a leaf. And her chest hurt so much. She thought it would rip her appart. Maybe it would.

"Jake... I'm soo sorry... but it was the better one of the two options I had... Die or flee. What Dad did was... something no one should have to experience. Ever." She paused, not willing to go into the details. "Look. You should just go home. Forget all about me. Don't try to follow me or anything. I'm sorry..." Her voice trailed off.

She peeked at Jake through her hair. She couldn't read his face at all. Emotion once again exploded within her. Myra fought to contain it, to make it go away, but it didn't work. Love for her little brother continued to flow through her body like adrenaline. Mentally, Myra snarled. She had to get herself under control! She fought herself in silence, while Jake thought.

(Talk about getting into character! I'm shaking! Or is it just because it's cold?)

Jake starred straight ahead. "You did this because of dad? Well, guess what, dad's dead. Shot himself in the head 3 times because he thought you were dead" Jake kept quiet for a few minute, the continued. "You said it was this or death, but what you've done has killed you in the end. Look at yourself! You just killed someone!"

Jake felt anger rising through his body, but it was stopped by a sharp pane in his chest. He grabbed his chest. He had just enough time to swear before he fell face first into the ground.

(Pain)

Well about Dad's death she didn't care. He should die for what he'd done. That's what a lot of judges would have done, the rest would have made him go to jail for ages. Sexual assault it was called.

"You said it was this or death, but what you've done has killed you in the end. Look at yourself! You just killed someone!" Jake exclaimed.

"He'll be fine." Myra said. "That wasn't enough to kill him."

But Jake didn't appear to have heard, for he toppled over and fell to the ground, swearing. Myra leapt up. What was wrong? Then she spotted the blood covering his shirt. Her blood ran cold for the second time. Her trembling fingers gently lifted up the stained shirt, revealing the hole. Myra reconized it instantly. A bullet hole.

"Who shot you?" Myra hissed. "I haven't killed yet but that will be forgotten when I find out!"

Myra paused, surprised. Where the hell did that come from?

(Meh...)

Jake struggled to get up. "I'll tell you who shot me, one of your friends." Jake said as he looked her in the eyes. "One of those grunts.' Jake got to his feet, keeping a hand on the heart. "Have you ever read their file on you? It mentions me, saying that I should be the next subject of the process that turned you into a monster. They want me."

Jake stumbled over, then got back up "So take me to them. It's the one thing I deserve after all you've done. They could do anything they want, I don't care." Jake stumbled again, this time not bothering to get up. "I'm dead now."

When Jake got up, Myra breathed again, letting air into her lungs. When she heard who'd shot him, she decided to become a murderer. When he mentioned the file, horror filled her. The files were made by Cyrus. She knew there'd been one on her but Jake? And wanting him to be able to do what she could? Impossible. Her mind rejected it instantly. When he wanted her to take him to then, she growled under her breath.

"No." She said, a single word holding so much meaning, a word that could shape someone's life if used correctly.

He didn't look up. He didn't care. She'd broken him. Destroyed him. Remorse flowed through Myra... or was it Jessica? She didn't know. Maybe it was just she. I. Her.

"I don't want this for you. I don't want you to be involved in what I am, and what I do. I'm not going to take them to you, because they could easily kill you during the process. I only agreed because I was suicidal then."

She turned to Soul, her best friend. She watched him for a moment, his mutated form, which she'd caused. Tears sprung to her eyes. Why did she hurt everyone she loved? Her family... Her Pokemon... Herself... and now Cyrus. She would hurt him when she killed his staff. She'd turned a blind eye to what Cyrus had done, because of what he'd saved her from. But she couldn't anymore...

THis message is just a notice.

There has been an update relevant to the story here:
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=5836.msg111501#msg111501

Please take note of it. Also, Abnaki Knight is currently MIA for a few weeks. Please take note of THAT, too.

Jake was dead. Not physically, but mentally.The final blow had been struck, the supports removed. He no longer existed, just a shell of his former self. "Take me, please. I need to go." completely unaware of Myra crying. His vision started blacking, and he hit the ground. "Please"

The tears flowed, gaining sadness/anger at self at Jake's words. Her gaze was still on Soul. She sighed. There was only one way to fix the mental agony her appearance had caused Jake...

He'd blacked out again, but even so, she was very careful. With one finger, she beconded for Soul.

Yes Jessica? Soul was one of the few living who still called her that.

Speaking softly, so that Jake wouldn't here, she told Soul of her plan.

If he ever see's you again, there's going to be a lot more mental torment for him, because your appearance will make him remember everything.

"Who says I'm going to let him see me again?"

Good point.

With that, Soul focused, then seemed to become unconcious. But she knew that that wasn't the case. It just took a lot of concentration to do this.

She watched as Soul worked, seeing Jake's eyes go blank because Soul was tampering with his memory. Making him forget all about her.

When Soul was finished, he slumped against a tree, a blank look on his face. Another wave of remorse flooded her.

"I'm sorry Jake... but it's best if you forgot all about me..."

Soul turned silver. Time to go. Storm, Soul and... whoever she was now disappeared once more, to reappear in a city. It was empty except for a few people. A man drinking beer, a kid and his Pokemon, and two teens talking to each other. Judging by the words she caught, she guessed they didn't live in Jublife. She guessed that this would be her best way out. Soul couldn't go that far... With a deep breath, she returned her Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs and walked out into the street.

(@ Pokemongod: *grumbles about downed PM's* Myra being Jessica. And the file. But if he sees it, he'll remember. Does that help?)

(Totally, thanks!)

Jake struggled to lift himself up, then looked around. He tried to figure out what he was doing there, but he couldn't. He sat down and dialed Gaz on his cell phone. While waiting for him to pick up, he recounted the activities of the past 7 hours.

He got to the galactic headquarters.

He freaked out for some reason.

He got shot and was kidnapped.

He was rescued by Gaz, and met someone he knew.

That was all he could remember. With a sigh, Jake stood up, just as Gaz answered his phone. "Hey Gaz, I need you to pick me up. I'm not sure where I am though, so you need to track me, ok?"

OOC: First off I forgot to tell you about the small break in between the two weeks I gone. :( sorry. Any way this post will be just be what happen to my people though out what going on with everyone else. Note, I will go in and out of character to tell where in the time line of yesterdays is the stuff is happening.

BIC: Ray and Erin heard a beeping out side. "Could that be the police you said would come?" Erin said looking out the widow. (Gaz hitting the panic button on his quadbike.)
"I believe so." Ray said pulling out a pokeball. "Lora get Erin out." The Scizor appeared from the bright and it dug it's claws into the metal door and ripped it of completely. Handing Erin her bag Ray said, "Let's make our way to the front door." Erin nodded and they ran up the stairs.

They met little resistance along the way and were outside in no time. What surprised them were the absents of cops. "This ain't right." Ray said looking down at the only set of tracks on the ground. "It seems like Gaz was the only one here."
"Well now his gone and were out so let just leave." Erin said releasing her Skarmory.
"Adelle and Rick aren't here ether." Ray said running to the last place he saw them. Sure enough, they were still there. Happy to see his trainer again, Ray's Umbreon made a beeline right for the legs. Ray howled in pain again. "Let's head for Oreburg city Okay?" He asked Erin who was sitting on her pokemon.
"Why? she asked back.
"Two reasons, one gaz'z tracks leading in that direction. and two, It's the closest way to get to Hearthome city."
"Yeah, but Sara dosen't know the way." Erin said trying to look innocent.
"Okay we will land in Jublife and make our way there on foot." Ray said climbing on his Dragonite.

Their flight took them a while. (Long enough for the stuff that happen in Oreburg to finish.) A last they landed in Jublife.
"Wow this town is so beautiful." Erin said.
"You had to past this town on your way north did you?" Ray asked her. Rick was laying near by.
"I did but I ran to fast to notice." Erin said turning around.
"Why do I even bother." Ray said. Rick's ears perked up. ray felt a cold chill run down his spine. Turning around he saw a woman walking in to the street. ( Arua's part of Mrya of appering into a city.) Turning back to his pokemon, he said, "No Rick, we are not fight today. now lets go." Erin followed as the made their way out of town.

OOC NOTEPAD
Unfortunately, due to constraints in compy time, I might not be able to reply on a regular basis, so, if he is needed, Brendan has permission to control Gaz until further notice. For information on his appearance, you can find him in the latest post in my art thread.
---
Also, this has no bearing time-related; it's just catching up on what happened with Abnaki.
------

Gaz opened the door after the flashbang detonated, and then opened the door and held out his P90.

"What the heck...?" Gaz said to himself when he noticed the room was clear.

Gaz put the shoulder strap connected to the P90 on his chest, and let the gun ride on his back.

Gaz looked around for a fire drill information map or a evacuation plan or, at least a general sketch of the floor plan, but he couldn't find one. Then he noticed a prison hold missing its bars.

"Shit!" He cursed aloud. He then went back to the room that he roped down into, and tried to climb the rope. Failing that, he sent the Lucario up to the roof, and told the Lucario to pull the rappel up.

Gaz slowly ascended to the roof, where he ran over to the side right by the quadbike.

Rappeling down, he went as quickly and quietly as possible. He hit the ground and shoved the key in the quadbike, and cranked it up. The engine made a low growl.

Gaz told Lucario to track their aura as Gaz tagged along behind. Pretty soon they were in Jubilife. Then their aura faded...

Gaz's cell phone rang. "Y'ello?" he said when he pressed the "SEND" key.

"Hey, Gaz, I need you to pick me up. I'm not sure where I am, though, so you need to track me. Okay?"

Gaz replied, "I don't have the equipment to trace the call readily available, but I'll let you know when I do." With that, he hung up.

Gaz said, "Let's patrol the town; maybe they're here," as Lucario jumped in the rear seat and buckled the five-point harness. Gaz reconsidered, then he realized his cruiser was in Eterna, and the car drove a stickshift. And Gaz hadn't drove a stick in forever.

A strange feeling crept up her spine. Confused, she looked over her shoulder, and froze.

"Oh shit..." She whispered to herself.

It was that guy from the van. The one with the Lucario. They were getting onto a quad, neither of them looking at her. The guy's phone rang and he said a few words into it, before hanging up. Then he zoomed off. She forced herself to breathe again and act normal. The man with the beer was staring. Then she realised that she looked like a cornered wolf and was half crouching in the street.

She quickly took a more suitble position, breathing deeply to calm herself.

"I can take him..." She muttered to herself.

A true fact. She could probably kill several people at the moment before running out of static. Still, she'd prefer not to do anything to draw attention to herself. Another thought occcured to her. That guy might be looking for someone who looked like the girl he'd seen in the van. And if he spotted her...

She walked calmly (although she didn't feel it) into an alleyway. When she was sure there wasn't anyone close by, the ripped the wig off and took the pins out of her hair, letting her long blond hair flow down her back. She gave a sigh of relief; the wig was painful. Then she brought out of her bag a water bottle and a cloth. She used these to take off the makeup that made her skin appear pale, returning it to it's real tan colour. She then grabbed the sapphire blue contact lens and put them over her eyes, blinking instinctivly. Then she pulled out some tight fitting, showy clothing that most females seemed to love to wear. A white high necked sweater, tight fitting, a short red miniskirt, black leggins and black 'ballet' shoes or whatever they were called. She then pulled her hair into a loose ponytail and added a little mascara to finish the job.

Satisfied that she looked nothing like the girl that guy had seen, she ran over the things she'd seen girls do while flirting and quickly practised them. Dressed as she was, it would only seem appropriate for her to pretend to be interested in one of those boys. And if she wanted to be able to leave without seeming suspious, it would be best to go in a group.

After a few more quick run thoroughs, the deemed herself ready to go. She headede out of the alleyway, doing that kind of catwalk walk. She felt ridiculous. But she couldn't let that get in the way right now. She walked straight up to the two boys, battering her eyelashes.

"Hi there." She said, pretending to blush slightly.

Gaz looked at the picture in his wallet. A young girl, the type that's a natural blonde/brunette, pale skin, and static. Static? Gaz pulled out his taser and went into an alley. He test-fired it. A garbage bin was hit by 50000 volts and a quarter of an ampere of electricity. The amperage was about half that needed to stop the heart, but Gaz always left it on 1/8 power, or .0625 ampere. He put the taser on "BOMBSEARCH" (Bombs needed little static, and the prongs would arc electricity between the two poles to indicate detected static.) Gaz went out into the street, and saw the taser arc. He looked to the right, and the minor arcing stopped. He looked to the left, and the arcs resumed. He drove until the arcing became constant. He realized he was idling about 5 metres away from a blonde, tan girl. Strutting. Gaz said, "I need to lay off the coffee." He waited for her to turn around so he could get a glimpse of her face - enough so that the PDA he set on the gun rack and hit "RECORD MOVIE" on it. Hopefully, he would be able to get a good view of her face so he would be able to look through the frames and send a good picture to the EVPD for confirmation.

Tyler agreed to stay the night with Brendan, no matter how impatient he was feeling. Then he remembered the Remoraid in Brendan's backpack. He also realized that he was really hungry, in fact, he hadn't eaten all day. His empty stomach growled. "Brendan, I'm gonna grab some food." he said. He walked over to the man behind the bar. "What do you got for eats?" he asked.

"Ramen. Pizza. Pasta. Chicken. Burgers." he said, rather depressed.

"Odd menu. Well, I'll have the ramen." Tyler said. He grabbed the bowl handed to him and walked over to the window. Tyler stared at the big city, eating his ramen. Then he realized something else. He was exhausted! He finished his noodles and took a seat. Tyler was so close to passing out that the image of Brendan looking at the map got fuzzy. But that was fixed by Tyler putting his glasses back over his eyes.

OOC:Okay I back. yeah XD! Now About my people. First off I am just doing this warp speed just to get the story clock on day seven for me. Which brings up a good Idea. Everyone says what day they are on. This way I know when to pick back up. Second, after leaveing Jublife city they reach Oreburg no problem. Say no one the Ray knew so him and Erin went to Hearthome. Please tell me if I did anything wrong with this post. I'm a baka(idiot) at this.

BIC:Ray sat outside the contest hall in Hearthome looking at his badges. The shiny Relic badge sat in it's place like Diamond on a ring. The mayhem of the past week flash though his mind.

"Hey Ray," Erin said coming out of the large building. "I thought were watching the contest?"

Looking up, he said, "I had a lot on my mind." He blushed at the fact that Erin was still wearing her Contest outfit. It was a blue ball gown with red trim. It reminded him of a doll his neighbor had when he was growing up."Did you win?" He asked.

"Yep," she said showing him the Ribbon. "Now let's head back to the center so I can change."

"Okay."

I'm afraid I must announce the return of Charms by bringing this RP to a close. It's been a month, even though it's for good reasons, and there is no point in even considering that people would come back.

There is also some things that I have seen wrong in my plot thanks to changes through the appearence of Platinum, such as Charon, and the legend of Dialga, Palkia to add in Giratina. And finally, it wasn't going the way I wanted it to anyway, things were slow and everyone was on opposite sides of the region. I have thought about it, and I'm sure we won't be able to change that in an RP.

I'm considering creating a fic edition of this, because the plot was too good to lose. Hopefully, I can make more progress with it and keep the story on track. There are just some things you have to do alone. A message to Gaz, Imploder, and the the rest of the people that have participated here: Thanks for trying at least, I really appreciate your efforts.

So, as the moderators say best: Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.