• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Realm of Pixeity

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Xan: Shiny Scyther Cosplay Girl, I rather like how this one came out. ^3^ It was fun. She's got that 'Don't mess with me.' kinda thing going. Plus I​

Nope! 'Cause you can't read! ^^ And I won't be making you any sprites, ever, because you didn't bother to READ THE PAGE.

**Goes off the Edit the FrontPage

EDIT: Nice try on editing the post, but I'll still be denying any requests from you at least Temporarily. ^^ Too bad, next time, READ.​

A

Anne

Note to self. Continue to check this thread. I love your work. I must remind myself to request a trainer when you are not so busy. Keep up the amazing spriting.
-Anne
ps. Don't worry about algebra II. I definitely have a C in that class... Stupid private school... Ridiculously hard...

Dunno if I replied to this yet...but I wanted to say that you have some awesome spriting skills! I love how you put in more layers of shading - is it four? Aaagh, there aren't any reference sprite-pic-things on this page for me to look at and count...grr...but it really looks cool. It sort of makes them (to me) look brighter than the normal DP sprites and such.

I was wondering...I might have glazed over if/where you said it...but what program do you use to do your spriting? That, and do you have a tablet? Over the summer I want to try it again (I did some minorminor spriting a couple years ago on Appleworks...^_^;; ), since it looks fun and I kinda want/need to for my site, and I want to know how people go about doing it. Or rather, how people go about doing it well, since I'd like advice from somebody competent (there are so many shoddy examples of spritework out there...a shame, really).

As for my favorites of this thread...well, I really like the costumes and such for the cosplayers. They're pretty cool. But I think my favorite has to be either the full-body backsprite of Charizard or your various Spriteon works. They're just too cool, and they have a lot of originality to them in addition to altered in-game sprites. It's a great balance, and they just look cool! ^_^

I can't wait to see more of what your talent spits out at us. ;)

Like OMG! Can I like get a request??
xD

Just kidding...

I am loving the sprites!
The female scyther blows my mind. o.o

I am absolutely in love with it!

I wish I had your spriting skills.

Alright, small update. The two below sprites are for Xanthier only, use and suffer a horrible death. The Luxray was edited off of a previous trainer of mine, Athena. Shiny Lapras Cosplay and Shiny Luxray Cosplay.

Lapras.png
Luxray.png

And these two are a result of mindless, brain-dead boredom.

ApoArtBleach.png
BigSpinda.png

Yes, I love Bleach as well.​

This had been a OLD requests from a friend using a picture ref which I don't have anymor. XD But I still like it.
Otaku.png
Anise.png

This is for Xan, again. Bish has gotten the most sprites outta' me, EVAH.​

Thanks once again Spriteon! :3 All these sprites are incredibly good, and Telissa, the Crobat lady, absolutely rocks. Kudos to you once again, heh.

As for the badge set, that is pretty damn nifty. It makes me wonder if you've ever made a ribbon holder considering how much you gun for them.

Oh wow, your new additions are amazing! You call them bad, and it makes me wonder what you think is good. I especially love that badgeset - I dunno why, but I love fanmade badgesets. And you even made holders for them! They look so awesome! I wish they had creative holders like that ingame...so pretty...

And the Crobat lady and professor look amazing, as always. Slim and beautiful, and the colors are very nice. The old ones are good too, but I think I like the other two better.

I'd offer constructive criticism, but I have none. I can't sprite to save my life...so yeah. Everything looks amazing to me. ^_^;;

Thanks a bunch for the compliments. ^3^ Expect this thread to get more lively after this Thursday when I'm done with School for the year.

And another one for Xan; Swampert Cosplay; this one took more thinking to pull off, but I kinda like it.
Swampert.png

Thanks again Spriteon! I didn't actually fall asleep at the keyboard, I went and laid down on my bed with my DS and fell asleep whilst playing it. It kinda needs to charge now... Anyway, the idea the move the head down slightly for the cosplay worked really well, and it's much claerer to see now it's coloured. Cheers!

^ i've done that before, it's fun =]

HUZZAH FOR SWAMPERTS!....erhem..*cough cough*....

i love that swampert cosplay, but the tail kinda bothers me a bit. everything was done well, still.

Awesome Swampert cosplayer. If I were designing a cosplayer (which I don't...ever...X_X), I wouldn't have thought to put in the stuff around the neck and the orange...um...foreleg-forearm...things...(what're they called?)

Yar, you rock at spriting. I can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Oh yeah...and wait...the whole Pokemorph/cosplayer thing is confusing me. I always designed my "hybrid" people to be more like what everybody here considers as a simple cosplayer...(then again, I all my old designs are...old)

So what is the generally accepted difference between a cosplayer and a Pokemorph, in terms of appearance? I heard somebody say that, in the spriting world, it was their skin color, and if they had normal skin, then they were regarded as a cosplayer. I must say, I always find it surprising how different the fanart concepts and sprite concepts are. I guess it must be the limited size and pixel count for spriters. :3

In my head, the difference between a Poke'Morph and a Cosplayer isn't that much. Eevee for example, a cosplayer might have a headband with ears and a tail attached to their bum. But a Poke'morph, the ears are naturally there in place of once human ones, the tail is attached and they might actually have the paws of an Eevee. Cosplayer = Attached via Accessories, Poke'Morph = Attached Naturally. Well, at least that's how I see it. x3

ANOTHER for Xan; his Shiny Gallade Cosplayer. Woot for hair gel and dye. XD
Gallade.png

And this is a REALLY OLD edit I found. I luffles him. I call him Faux, he is my "French" Swalot...
Faux.png

Basically, I straightened him out a bit more, legthened his mustasche and game him a beret. This was WAY back when I first started with D/P sprites.​

Cheers once again for Belerophon Spriteon! The hair gel and dye is indeed cool. Faux is pretty funny too with the beret. It makes me wonder, have you done any other national Pokémon?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had bothered to READ, Tpl, there is some way to still get requests. And who ever said they were request FROM Xan? Ever think they could be gifts FOR Xanthier? Oh wait, no, you didn't think, you usually don't. >:( Not reading pisses me off more than anything, and for it, don't expect me to take requests from you for quite some time. [glow=red,2,300]DENIED[/glow]. Temporarily. Let's leave it at that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dragonman can have one though, because he leaves nice comments and caps his 'i's. =D Because I can make acceptions like that, it's my thread. But your post counts gotta be 50 before I giffles it to ya'. This way you could use it as an Avi if you want. I'll have it either by Friday or Saturday, maybe earlier, maybe not. ^3^ You've been really nice to this thread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BloomingWater: I could've sworn I sent you a PM, maybe it didn't get through, but I had said in it I was cancelling your Request (for now) because you have a Warning, and I only want people whom I'm POSITIVE will be around long enough to use them. And I was gonna wait until your post count was higher. I hope you understand, but I don't wanna spend my time making sprites for people who won't be around long or won't be loyal to 'Charms. ^^; Sorry for the inconvienance. I'll TOTALLY understand if you take your request to one of the other talented spriters here...I recommend UltraCow, he's awesome.​

Um...this totally is off the current subject...but I was curious, and I wasn't sure if you ever answered this question...

What program do you use to sprite? Also, do you use a tablet? Oh, and how do you go about spriting? Like...do you try to put together a sprite as much as possible from existing sprites, then add whatever scratch stuff you need, then color? Or a different order?

Sorry...but like...over the summer, I want to at least start to learn how to sprite. It looks fun, I suck at it (I don't get how to use my Photoshop for certain things...), and I have a whole summer to kill (when...I'm not at work or doing homework)!

So yeah. Any sort of advice or information on how you do it would be appreciated. :)

Edit: didn't see the new sprites. LOVE the shiny Gallade cosplayer. It is...so blue and cool. :3 And the French Swalot is, like, PURE GOLD! Dude, you have taken the "posh Muk" (as...somebody...said...Cinders, maybe?) to the next level! FRENCH posh Muk! You win the Persian Stamp of Approval! >:3 Yays for nonexistent awards made up on the spot...

I've been doing 100% Scratch Sprites of the Eeveelutions, and I've got three done thus far. Espeon being my favorite.
Espeon.png
Glaceon.png
Flareon.png

Flareon might (probably) get a redo. >>; I had to do Glaceon twice to get it to my liking. These are NOT to be used under ANY circumstances by ANYONE. Except me. =3 And anyone whom I give permission to. Though that's unlikely.

Rhyperior.png

And Female Shiny Rhyperior cosplay FOR Xanthier!

Persian: I use Paint. And a mouse. How I sprite is just to hard to explain nowadays, but I use lotsa colors. x3 Just experiment, find your own way of spriting and then get good at it. ^^

I'll TOTALLY understand if you take your request to one of the other talented spriters here...I recommend UltraCow, he's awesome.​
Yes he is...And so are you! I LOVE that Rhyperior Cosplayer! And that Espeon is just TOO cool. ;D
You are THE best spriter, or should I say, Spriteon EVER!​

Excellent take on Kremlin, cheers Spriteon! Redhead = awesome, so I appreciate it even more, heh. I like the way you managed to make a lithe cosplay considering Rhyperior is... well... really bulky. Thanks once again! :3

You legend you.

Nice Flareon by the way. I can't really see why you'd want to redo it, but the redone Glaceon does look a lot better than the original. The Espeon simply rocks.

Excellent take on Kremlin, cheers Spriteon! Redhead = awesome, so I appreciate it even more, heh. I like the way you managed to make a lithe cosplay considering Rhyperior is... well... really bulky. Thanks once again! :3

You legend you.

Nice Flareon by the way. I can't really see why you'd want to redo it, but the redone Glaceon does look a lot better than the original. The Espeon simply rocks.
Si, Senorita Spriteon, What he said.

Artiste; how about coming up with your own comments? And please don't quote people/sprites in this thread, I find it annoying and unsightly. Thankies, this also goes for other people.

Two more FOR Xanthier; Mismagius and Re-Done Shiny Gallade
Mismagius.png
Gallade.png

EDIT: Lexi deleted to do being re-re-done. She wasn't giving off that 'Lexi' vibe. =D​

Your spriting is wicked good, I must say. You've got a knack for these cosplays because you make them look convincing (by that, I mean close to a real D/P sprite) and you're still able to tell what the Pokemon looks like.

Some of Nintendo's cosplayers are weird. What's the R/S/E Pokemaniac supposed to be? Half of a Charizard?

My one question is your number of colors. Your shading is...well, odd. I don't think sprites normally have the "blending" kind of shading you use; i.e. not that many colors. Take the Mismagius cosplayer. It looks like a D/P sprite, albeit..."fluffy". I'm not sure of the word to use. I don't wanna say "you use too many colors" because that sounds like a complaint and there's really nothing to complain about here.

...Merely things to "nitpick". X3

In addition to the cosplayers, that Alexis sprite is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.