• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Realm of Pixeity

Status
Not open for further replies.
[size=9pt]Why the angry face? Meh, I like angry things.

This is Sami, or Spriteon or Pixelchu OR Pixeity ((or Pix for short)), whatever you'd like to call me. I​

[size=9pt]And like I said I would, I'd like to kick things off with my very personal favorite; The Clone Charizard!

CloneBig.png
Clone.png

Yes, that's a full-bodied backpose right there, derived from the D/P Charizard backpose. and I customed the tail of the smaller sprite because I felt like it, though the flame is the original's, just moved to where I wanted it.

Blastoise and Venusaur clones are still in the works. Wether or not I'll do a backpose on them is still pending. Just as a notice, if you want me to sprite you a backpose, I'll have to think on it, since some are definately harder than others to sprite out.[/size]​

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I normally don't swear much on the forums, but this pretty much deserves it:

Holy. Fuck.

That scratch Charizard is one of the best sprite images I have ever seen - the fact that it's of not only a Charizard but the Mewtwo clone Charizard is even better... You MUST post more. :p

[size=9pt]Thankies for the compliments everybody, much appreciated.

As far as spriting trainers go, the only good sprites I've got are two of my old RP characters and their multiple outfits.
Alexis - Who originally started out as a recolor before I found the joy of Frankenspriting new poses.
AlexisSpreadsheet.png

Isabella 'Izzy' - Who was my first Frankensprited trainer and my first shading experiment.
IsabellaSpreadsheet.png

And this was me just being silly with the recoloring. >>
RecolorFun.png

More to come!...as soon as I find them.​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Man, not just Pokemon, but even your trainer spites rock out loud O__O

I love them all (shading, splicing... they're pretty much perfect), but notably the one with the duster in your first set of pics (Alexis). Dusters are always ftw, though ^^

I don't think it'll matter what you post next. It'll probably kick ass, too XD

Again, thank you for the compliments!

Ash.png
Lance.png

Found some more! And if you're wondering, that's the outfit that Ash will wear in the Sinnoh Saga on the Anime. Yes, it is creepy/nearly identical to that of the boy hero on D/P. And Lance, since he rawks. His hair was hard. >_>

Twilight.png

These are the only other two backposes I've done. >>; Espeon looks kinda odd on the shading, but other than that, I rather like them. Oh, and my Umbreon's circles looks wierd.​

Ohtay, my Masquerade sprites. In my old RP, we had an idea of throwing what we called 'The Legendary Masquerade'; meaning all the costumes were based off of Legendary Poke'mon. I was in charge of the girl's outfits. Though I only got 4 done before the RP croaked.

Alexis - My character as Giratina.
Giradina.png

Izzy - As Mew, though it looked more like a Anime Convention Cosplay or something. >>;
Mew.png

River - Another RP'ers hyperactive girly as Articuno. Again, more like a cosplay, but I loved how the wings turned out.
Articuno.png

Addison - Yet another RP'ers rather Mary-Sue character as Entei. Wasn't really fond of this girl's character, but I made her one never-the-less.
Entei.png

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I really love the way you pulled the PokéMon costumes - especially the Giratina and the Entei. And considering I hate Entei with a passion, that is a maaaaaajor compliment. o_O

Also, w00t for the eon backsprites ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Your Link-Pichu is cute. And I mean, it's really cute. I wants it ^^

I love your Lance too. Capes are damned hard to sprite (for me anyway), and yours just looks perfect.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
..... again, wow. I'd love to see you pulling off a Gary sprite... or even better: A Doctor Gary Oak sprite. (I haven't yet been able to make a good one).

You so need to submit those trainers for use in the Trainer Card maker, lol. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I am biased. I love anything Linkachu-related ^__^

Blatant-biasedness aside, though, I agree with Stel on the trainer outfits. The Giratina and Entei are definitely the best of the two. The way you did the dresses... They look awesome o.o

Original back sprites is a rather interesting concept since I've never really seen people do them before. Keep up the great work :D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I'm envious of your shading skills. So pretty... Is there anything you can't sprite? :p

The masquerade is sheer awesomeness. Don't be surprised if you get overloaded with requests if these compliments keep up ^^" And your awesome sprites keep up, of course.

Thank you all once again for the lovely compliments!

And Bam'f! Doctor Gary Oak sprite for Doctor Oak. Hope you like it!

DoctorOak.png

And for everyone else; have some lovely 100% Scratch Ribbons? Feel free to use these for whatever you'd like; Trainer Cards, Signatures, Avatars; have fun!

DetaguRibbons.png

And this was a request for a band trio; Wigglytuff, Ambipom, and Ditto. Can you spot Ditto's face? The guitar was taken from the DP trainer, just to let cha'll know.
ZeBand.png

Ohtay, I had to post this. In a RP that kinda died before it was born I was going to do an 'Olympian God' Theme. After choosing around and making silly plots, I finally came up with this for the team.

PMRP.png

Athena - The trainer, a little know-it-all, hence the Goddess of Wisdom name going on.
Poseidon - Why Empoleon? It's got a stinkin' Trident on it's FACE. So it was just a perfect fit.
Zeus - Raichu, of course, with that Thunderbolt for a tail, yes. Why the Fonz versions of him? Well, wasn't Zeus quite a player according to the Greek myths?
Hades - Houndoom. Dark. Fire. 'Nuff said.
Hera - Now some might wonder, Hera...Miltank? Why? Because Hera's sacred animal is the Cow. And Miltank looks funny angry. And really, Hera in the myths only had two moods; Annoyed and Very Angry/Jealous.
Apollo and Artemis - Twins. Pluse and Minun, too perfect. Since Apollo and Artemis are Zeus and Leto, not Hera's kids, it also worked that the little Pika-wannabe's be the kids of a Raichu, each inheriting a trait of daddy Zeus. Apollo, the Minun, has daddy's hair-do though not his personality, which cranky lil' Artemis got, note the frown of adorable-ness. Yes, these two like to accesorize.

I really love Apollo and Artemis to peices and might seperate them from the bunch and give them new names. Though I'll gladly take suggestion names for the two!​

Wow, your sprites are fucking incredible (pardonnez mon francais ((yes I probably mutilated the french language there))) how long did those take you? And in PAINT? I cant even do nearly that good on my AV edits for gaia, and those arent NEARY as hard as sprite work

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
XD

I love your Raichu/Pikachu edits. Pissed off Miltank is great too, but aye, you must agree that the variety of those Plusle and Minun sprites is the best touch. Kinda makes me think of Pichu in SSBM.

Sami, you probably already mentioned this, but do you take requests?

Im also new and I dont know much about this site but I want to know what are sprites and how to make them ( after seeing how awsome sami's were I want to make some )
also are the pokemon fusions sprites?-How do you make them ?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Find some PokéMon sprites online. There's bound to be a few somewhere. Open them in a program like Photoshop (or MSPaint, that's also a possibility >>) and just... Put bits and pieces of them together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoo, I gotta stop sleeping, I miss out on all these lovely compliments! Thank you everyone!

Yes yes, I do take requests; it keeps me from dieing of boredom. And yup, these were all done in Paint. Some took longer than others, but some went by uber-fast. One must learn to be resourceful; example - Zeus's hair-do is just the spikes from Jolteon's head flipped and edited.

Oh and Don, I got silly with a friend and we were doing Poke' to Human morphs. I actually have an Espeon one that you can look at.
HumanRequiem.png

That's what I think an Espeon would look like if it were just zapped right into a human.

To help you out Empoleon, PokemonElite2000.com has all the sprites you could ever want at your disposale.

Oh and just to post another example of Poke' to Human morphs, this was Izzy's ((She's posted already.)) roster in my old RP; quite the lively bunch they were.
CustomRoster.png

Wildfire - Yes, a Clone Charizard. His backstory is long and slightly beleivable as to how Izzy got a Clone on her team. He was a total jerkface in the RP.
Tsunami - The silly Feraligatr who loves to box. Yes, box. The goofball of the team.
Razor - Calm and collected Sceptile who used to look normal but went off and dyed certain parts of his body black like the tail and leaves.
Cherub - A sob story Dragonite who had an abusive trainer when it was a Dratini, hence the scars.
Tremor - Sort of a 'frat-boy' mentality, really. Likes to show-boat. Differently colored as it evolves because Tsunami punched it during evolution...hard.
Volt - Just your normal Luxray with a abnormal flick of hair. Why? Because the males look like SAIYANS...and the flick makes him look like GOHAN.​

Ohtay ohtay! I'd really love some feedback on this little creation of mine and maybe a future persona.

Presenting; Spriteon! The Pixel Poke'mon!

SpriteonBig.png

So I figured since I can never really decide on one color and in order to sprite, you need to blend, why not make it's tail this huge color scale and all pixely at the end? So I did. But since I can't decide on one color, why not use them all?

Spriteon.png
FireSpriteon.png

So...depending on my mood or whatnot, I can pretty much just change the color scale of it's tail and forehead gem on a whim. Nifty, neh? But what do ya'll think? Does it look okay?​

So yes, I have a few more sprites to show. Starting off with my X-Mas Sprite I had made for giggles last year.
X-Mas.png

And next, I was getting silly with Buizel's sprite. Why a yellow tube around his neck? Why not a life preserver colored ring? And so I did.
LifeSaver.png

When I had posted my Lance, I had been looking everywhere in my folders for my other dragon master sprite. But then I remembered she was on my brother's compy, which I finally went and retrieved her today. Claire from Blackthorn City!
Claire.png

This next one was a request from the same person who I did the Articuno Masquerade outfit for. Tis' River yet again, but in a Pikachu-themed suit.
Pika.png

Since the Clone Charizard was such a big hit, I decided to put a little 'rush' on the other two. Venusaur is still in the works, but I've finished Blastoise!

CloneBlastoiseBig.png
CloneBlastoise.png

He was quite harder due to the odd angle the back sprite originated at, though it took alot of staring to pick out the other differences between normal and Clone Blastoise. Like the 4 ridges on the cannons, unique to the clone as well as the facial marks. At first I only thought it was the shell but I guess not.

Hope you like him!​

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Sami, you are a spriting GENIUS. (Have I said that before? Meh. It's true. :p) The Spriteon is fantastically good, the blastoise is a HUUUUUUUGE thumbs up, and the rest are also spectacular. ^^ Keep 'em coming, I can't wait to see some more!

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Dear lord. You are crazy-awesome. I really have nothing to say. You're the best spritist I've ever seen in all my years on the internets. You make me want to better my own spriting skills. XD So that's a good thing. :p

Your Gary officially pwns mine in every way :p And I won't comment on much else since it'll take paragraphs and I'm short on time. ^^;

I WILL comment on Spriteon however, as I see that it is pretty much the perfect persona for someone like you. ^^ The shading in that top pic is amazing. I like the whole emotion/color thing, sorta makes you like a giant mood ring. XD

I can tell how much soul you put into your artwork, you definitely go all the way and beyond. Kudos to you.

*Dies of awsomeness!* my god...they are so prettyful...like looking at an pokemon art gallary...and you did this on MS paint, which amazes me more!

Thank you for the compliments! Much appreciated!

I love scarfs. And Lucario looks pretty spiffy.
LucarioScarf.png

Oh, and this was a thing I did for Isabella. Tis a portrait of Etna from Disgaea 2, colored over on MSPaint with a pigtail lobbed off and mucho editing to the shirt. Took FOREVER, since the orginal piccy was a jpg.
Isabella.png

Wow. All your pieces are really impressive - especially your back-poses. I really like the Spriteon too; it does seem to fit you. :p Your recent MSPaint portrait is really amazing - I admire people who have that kind of patience. :D My favorite of yours thus far, though, is Fonz Zeus. Made me seriously laugh out loud.

With that in mind, I actually have two requests - the first is a Fonz Sudowoodo, if possible. Because it works well for an RP I'm in. The second is a Mr. Mime who would be in this pose, manic grin and everything. If possible.

Thanks in advance.

Good grief! Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo are official the HARDEST things to edit!

BUT, I took my best shot at it. =D So here you go, Hypotenuse! Hope you like 'em!

FonzSudo.png
EviMime.png

BtW - My apologies if I'm not as active for the next few days. School has been killer. D=​

You're welcome!

Sorry I have nothing to post today (yet), because I'm working on two seperate things that I hope will be AWESOME.​

I'd like to say WOW. =] )) Now I really have to up my sprites cause...well....expectations are higher. Hahahaha but really great job.

Thankies! Well I finally finished up a couple more sprites. =D

Since people were so nice with their compliments on Spriteon and the backposes, I decided to experiment with the Trainer backposes, using Spriteon as my guinea pig.

SpriteonHuman.png
SpriteonSmall.png

I'm pleased with how the back came out, though her front pose is going to need more work. ^^;

And I did this one for Linkachu, because well; I couldn't help it. Link + Poke'mon = Awesome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.