• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I chose Advance Battle (As I'm pretty sure I've never even seen the Batte Frontier one yet *blames Ytv*

Besides, I always sing along to it 0.0 .......... ..........That and the first Case Closed opening >

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I went with Advanced Challenge because I remember liking the lyrics (extreme corniness n' all!), but the Advanced Battle theme has heavily grown on me ever since hearing it extended in the 8th movie dub. It's just nice having a new theme to listen to that's more than two minutes long. The "extended" version of Battle Frontier very much disappointed me...

I don't really remember them too well. -_- Well, except for Battle Frontier, but I think it's too short. I also remember the first one (back when it first aired, everybody had quotes of it in their Pokeschool sigs, it seemed. ^_^;; ), but I didn't like it hugely muchly.

I remember really liking one of the other two, but I can't remember...I think it was Advanced Battle, though, so I decided, "what the heck, I'm voting for that one." So ya. @_@

Actually, I think I remember liking both...but I can only remember the tune of one. -_-

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just for quick reference, and because I feel like it (if any of these lyrics are off, correct me):

Pokemon Advanced theme lyrics
A kid from Pallet Town
With a brand new world to see
Don't know what's ahead
But it won't get the best of me

There's so much to learn
And battles to be won
I've advanced so far but still
there's always more to come

Take a step and I'm my way
Gonna start all over again

I wanna be a hero!
Pokemon Advanced [I'm on my way]
I wanna be a hero
Give me just one chance

In the future we'll decide
If there's a hero buried deep inside

I wanna be a hero
Pokemon!

Pokemon Advanced Challenge theme lyrics
Pokemon!

Every trainer has a choice
To listen to that voice inside

I know the battle may be long
Winners may have come and gone
I will carry on!

Yeah!
This dream will last forever
This dream will never die
We will rise to meet the challenge every time
Yeah this dream keeps us together
Just know that you and I

Will be the best that the world's ever seen
Because we always will follow this dream
Pokemon!

Advanced Battle lyrics [Movie Edition]
Oooh-Oooh-Oh-oh-oooh-oh
I'm unbeatable

Walking down this endless highway
With nothing but my friends beside me
We'll never give in, we'll never rest
Advanced battle is the ultimate test

From the earth, the land, the sea and sky
They can never win but they sure can try

Chorus:
Oooh-Oooh-Oh-oh-oooh-oh
I'm unbeatable
Pokemon... Advanced Battle!
Oooh-Oooh-Oh-oh-oooh-oh
I'm undefeatable

From the stars and the ancient past
They come to play but they'll never last

x1 repeat chorus

You think you'll win, but soon you'll see
You may beat some but you can't beat me

I'm undefeatable!

There's a feeling deep inside me
And it's always there to guide me
It's in my heart and in my soul
Leading me to the ultimate goal

You can try your best, this might be fun
You'll go down to defeat before you're begun

x1 repeat chorus

Every move, each attack you choose
You think you can win but you'll always lose

Oooh-Oooh-oooh
Advanced Battle
I'm unbeatable

... >>

*Switches her vote*

Battle Frontier theme lyrics [Extended ed.]
Pokemon!
It's a battle win or lose
It's the friends you make
It's the road you choose

We've got the right stuff
So make your mind up
Find the courage inside of you

Chorus:
If you're strong, you'll survive
And you'll keep your dream alive
It's the Battle Frontier
Pokemon!
Be the best you can be
And find your destiny
It's the master plan
The powers' in your hand
Pokemon!

You've got the strength to win it
So stay in it
If you're smart you can take it all

x1 repeat chorus

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess this one wasn't as popular as usual. Ah well ^^;

Question: Favourite Gen 3 Anime Dub Intro? (Voting closed: February 12, 2007, 11:02:43 AM)
Advanced - 0 (0%)
Advanced Challenge - 1 (16.7%)
Advanced Battle - 4 (66.7%)
Battle Frontier - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

-------------------------------------------------

Now for a topic everyone loves... or loves to hate... Favourite Eevee Evolution! XP

134-1.png
or
135-1.png
or
136-1.png
or
196-2.png
or
197-2.png
or
470-2.png
or
471-1.png

I decided, since I'm away from the 16th until the 25th anyways, I'll just leave the topic open until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always had a special place in my heart for both Vaporeon and Umbreon... Hm... I'll flip a coin. Heads; it's Vaporeon - tails; it's Umbreon...

*flips coin*

aaand.... tails... That settles it - voting for Vaporeon :p

For those of you who are confused, here's my logic: Whenever I can't decide something, I flip a coin - When I get a result and I'm "forced" to go with that choice, I tend to let out my true feelings about it. So if I'm not completely content with the result (which is what happened now), it means I probably like the other choice better. So I go with the one I didn't get. You guys follow?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For those of you who are confused, here's my logic: Whenever I can't decide something, I flip a coin - When I get a result and I'm "forced" to go with that choice, I tend to let out my true feelings about it. So if I'm not completely content with the result (which is what happened now), it means I probably like the other choice better. So I go with the one I didn't get. You guys follow?

Yeah, makes oodles of sense. That's how I tend to choose my starter - tho no coins flips are usually involved ^^

Anyways, I have to pick Vaporeon, even though I find Umbreon incredibly cute (and it definitely had the best dub voice of the lot). Vaporeon was my first Eeveelution and part of my first ever Pokemon team from way back on Red. As far as Water-types go, it's probably my top favourite, even if I find its "clown collar" a bit funny looking. Since I haven't really looked into it yet, I wonder how it'll fair with the changes made in D/P? If I finally build my "dream team", I'll definitely see ;D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Had to pick Glacia. I've loved this thing since I first saw it. Ice types were always among my favorite types. And to tell the truth I pretty much like all the eeveelutions, except maybe Flareon, too fluffy... XD

I went with flareon after much debate. It pretty much gets the raw deal from people due to it being not as strong as jolteon, and not as versatile as vaporeon. Also until I actually get round to using glacia and leafia I won't be able to make real judgement on them.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I like Flareon much better than Jolteon myself. Out of all of them thus far, Jolteon was the one I found most useless... although Umbreon comes in a close second due to my standard battling style. It makes a good tank/annoyer, yeah, but that's just not how I battle. Give me the destructive power and speed of Espeon over it any day ^^

As I said to Stel a few days ago, my likes for the Eevee evos looks like this:

Vaporeon > Umbreon (though not to battle with) > Espeon/Flareon > Leafia > Jolteon > Glacia

Leafia will probably move up after I actually train one, but I can't get over how silly Glacia's design looks =/

I'm gonna have to say Vaporeon. I just think it's awesome...and it seems that the original three always get jilted in fan stuff. I have a Vaporeon on my team (it's the only Eeveelution I've used more than once), named Storm, and I luff him. ^_^

I can't say much for the new two, though, since I haven't taken a good look. -_-;;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow... Guess the extended time open means nothing when there's nobody around to vote on it :p

Question: Which be your favourite Eevee evolution? (Voting closed: February 25, 2007, 09:35:02 AM)
Vaporeon - 4 (40%)/Jolteon - 0 (0%)/Flareon - 2 (20%)/Espeon - 0 (0%)/Umbreon - 2 (20%)/Leafia - 1 (10%)/Glacia - 1 (10%)/Total Voters: 10

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... I don't think I'll make the next poll until I get a few ideas that people are interested in discussing. If someone suggested a good idea that got past over, please post it again, or just post something new. Now that we have a bundle of English DP names we can work with the gen better =)

I'm back. ^_^

I pick Zapdos. I've always liked it the best...(in Yellow, it was the only one I caught! And, to this date...that may still be true. ^_^;; )

But it's just cooler...yup. -_-

For me, Articuno has always been my favorite. It's noble-looking - truly worthy of the title 'legendary'. The others are kinda bitchy and mean-tempered :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You and Persian both need to work harder and get the complete set! ;)

I liked how they dealt with Moltres in FR/LG. For a Pokemon I generally don't care much for, it added a bit more depth and enjoyment to capturing it :)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Articuno. Still one of my favorite pokemon to date. I love the Ice type, and Articuno just looks, cool, elegant, yet can be fierce. As shown in the Pokeymans 2000 movie, which I used to watch to death because of my obsession with Articuno. I just loved seeing how it froze everything, plus it was the only one that the hunter guy didn't catch, which made it more awesome. :p Anyway, I agree that Articuno is truly worthy of the Legendary title.

Gotta love moltres... Ok so using it ingame you have loads of limitations etc, but for aesthetic purposes it just looks so cool. I never really took to Zapdos especially with its overuse in the metagame, and Articuno despite being very cool (pun intended) it just doesnt seem as majestic to me.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Articuno. It's the ONLY one I like. Also the only one that looks VAGUELY Legendary. Stupid flaming chicken-heron and electrocuted spraypainted pigeon. X_x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Poll results:

Question: Choice of the Legendary Bird Trio? (Voting closed: March 09, 2007, 07:29:23 PM)
Zapdos - 3 (30%)
Articuno - 4 (40%)
Moltres - 3 (30%)
Total Voters: 10

------------------------------------

I figured I'd just scan back through the topic to start pulling out old ideas, and since baratron seemed to love the "Cute Legendaries" idea so much I've decided to go with it. So there ye have it. Me thinks I'll avoid Sheimi for this poll, tho, and just use Manaphy for gen 4.

So... Vote =)

151-1.png
or
251-2.png
or
385-1.png
or
490-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I love Sheimi myself, but compared to Manaphy it's considerably less known. It also doesn't share the same design pattern that those four all do. Really, makes you wonder why they made Sheimi at all o.O

Don't even mention Fione to me >>

Now I like Mew, but I feel that the other three deserve some attention, too. That is why I voted for Jirachi. PUSA cheated us for not making Celebi obtainable without cheating and I can't make judgments about Manaphy because I haven't seen the 9th movie yet.

Sorry I haven't been around here much. -_-

ANYWAYS! I vote for Mew, since it was the cutest, the best, the first one, had an awesome movie (before they were overdone), and is a kitty.

Oh...and it's even a PINK kitty. X3

So yeah. Mew > anything else that is both cute and legendary.