• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Rainbow Society— Romance RP [DISCUSSION]

Well, I guess my lil’ doc is going to have to be a bit more careful now since he hardly knows anyone in the society. (Though he does have some nicknames he refers to them as in his notes.)

May I join?
Name: Don
Species: Diglett
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: A normal diglett with a black fedora.
Personality: He is a very headstrong and rash character. Though he can be sarcastic at times, he is respectful to the Purplehearts. He has a phobia of water and has awful allergies.
Favourite place: Mirror Plane
Others: His moves are Sludge Bomb, Magnitude, Memento and Mud-Slap. His ability is Arena Trap.

Last edited:
*Zorina decides to let her little Pokémon play with some truth bullets while supervising him carefully of course*

I thought the last person you mentioned was already declined already to begin with, and my proof is...

My OC:
Katelyn
Height: Small
Body type: Basically Flannery's body type
Appearence: Pink giant fluffy hair, Crop top and blue jeans.
Main Pokemon: level 22 Eevee.
Kiraru calmly voiced that this person was rejected from the role play since tokyomustard declared that the person did not read the concept of the role play.

It is evident by the fact that the person used the exact character sheet from a prior role play the person was in.

May I join?
Name: Don
Species: Diglett
Appearance: A normal diglett with a black fedora.
Personality: He is a very headstrong and rash character. Though he can be sarcastic at times, he is respectful to the Purplehearts. He has a phobia of water and has awful allergies.
Favourite place: Mirror Plane
Others: His moves are Sludge Bomb, Magnitude, Memento and Mud-Slap. His ability is Arena Trap.

@TheOneCipher the bio is acceptable, but there's something missing... a certain phrase, perhaps?

Name: Mack
Species: Torchic
Appearance: Just your run of the day Torchic with a Blood Red gemstone necklace
Personality: Mack is a Cheeful, Funny, Intelligent, and Caring... or at least that’s what it appears to be. When in the heat of battle, Mack becomes the spirit of fighting and takes off like a meteor. Very creative in battle.
Favourite place: A quite, peacful forest of any kind.
Rank: BlueBlood (Japanese Dijon) Moves: Flame Charge, Peck, Focus Energy, Flamethrower

Last edited:
Name: Mack
Species: Torchic
Appearance: Just your run of the day Torchic with a Blood Red gemstone necklace
Personality: Mack is a Cheeful, Funny, Intelligent, and Caring... or at least that’s what it appears to be. When in the heat of battle, Mack becomes the spirit of fighting and takes off like a meteor. Very creative in battle.
Favourite place: A quite, peacful forest of any kind.
Rank: Purple Heart (Japanese Dijon) Moves: Flame Charge, Peck, Focus Energy, Flamethrower
accepted!!

This is Pokemon, right? What would Pokemon be if they don't have the ability to evolve?

Also, it's stated in the rules that you aren't required to have a four-move limit. That is only for gameplay mechanics of the games. If the roleplay owner makes it so, you may have more than four moves. And it makes total sense for Pokemon to learn some along the way.

This is Pokemon, right? What would Pokemon be if they don't have the ability to evolve?

Also, it's stated in the rules that you aren't required to have a four-move limit. That is only for gameplay mechanics of the games. If the roleplay owner makes it so, you may have more than four moves. And it makes total sense for Pokemon to learn some along the way.
Ok thanks so much! I was kinda scared for a minute since I like to combine moves, or use weird combinations, so this is PERFECT for me :D

Think of this roleplay being in a realistic style, rather than bound by game mechanics. Pokemon can use moves without expending "PP", but it exerts an obvious force on them. You're not gonna sit there and spam Aqua Jet all day to get around without getting tired.

The same applies to combat, abilities, and so on. A move like Brine, for example, does twice as much damage when the opponent is at half health. Because in this roleplay, Pokemon don't have "health" points, it would make sense for the move to just be a lot stronger when the opponent is weakened, or worn down or something similar and logical. Abilities that have special effects apply in situations that make sense, not in very specific situations that only game mechanics would apply to. Go nuts, but be logical in the way you put your actions across, so if someone were to compare the situation to the game, it would make sense in the realistic situation, and not stray too far from the proper lore of Pokemon

Play smart, have fun. Y'know?

Now on the topic of the roleplay at hand, the only reason I'm having Aquilles say what he is, is because everyone who just joined the roleplay suddenly hurled themselves into the battle without any second thought or anything. The Ursaring hasn't even reacted yet, and it would be courteous to allow the person who's emoting them to enter a reply before chucking your lot in with the battle. Too many Pokemon against a single enemy makes for less of a battle and more of an orgy of actions and emotes that can lead to everyone being lost at what's happening. Please be patient and take your time in the roleplay before swarming the same battle at once.

I'm not trying to mini-mod here, I'm just asking that you guys slow it down before joining an action scene, because things get pretty confusing pretty fast, especially when everybody is doing something that substantially affects everyone else in the area.

Last edited:
ow on the topic of the roleplay at hand, the only reason I'm having Aquilles say what he is, is because everyone who just joined the roleplay suddenly hurled themselves into the battle without any second thought or anything. The Ursaring hasn't even reacted yet, and it would be courteous to allow the person who's emoting them to enter a reply before chucking your lot in with the battle. Too many Pokemon against a single enemy makes for less of a battle and more of an orgy of actions and emotes that can lead to everyone being lost at what's happening. Please be patient and take your time in the roleplay before swarming the same battle at once.

i'm not making chervil attack for that exact reason. she can see sebastian has been injured, and is charging up a solar beam in case she needs to suddenly attack; i hope it didn't look like she was just hurling herself in without thinking, that wasn't my intention.

and thank you for keeping the situation under control. i apologise for my absence as of late, i am absolutely swamped with food tech homework ;-;

Now on the topic of the roleplay at hand, the only reason I'm having Aquilles say what he is, is because everyone who just joined the roleplay suddenly hurled themselves into the battle without any second thought or anything. The Ursaring hasn't even reacted yet, and it would be courteous to allow the person who's emoting them to enter a reply before chucking your lot in with the battle. Too many Pokemon against a single enemy makes for less of a battle and more of an orgy of actions and emotes that can lead to everyone being lost at what's happening. Please be patient and take your time in the roleplay before swarming the same battle at once.

I'm not trying to mini-mod here, I'm just asking that you guys slow it down before joining an action scene, because things get pretty confusing pretty fast, especially when everybody is doing something that substantially affects everyone else in the area.

Right, I'm sorry. It was impolite of me. I'll try not to repeat

Yeah me too, I guess I did kinda speed into that battle ASAP to get into the RP, when I should’ve waited for the right time. Heck, even I was a bit confused on what was going on. Sorry :p

Well, Daniel does not want to get involved either way as much as he can at the moment. (Since he is having a bit of a friendly/unfriendly fight with Diana right now.)

Hold up, cuz I’m kinda confused. What I interpreted was that Don the Diglett made a safe path under the Force field for everyone to get out through, And that Torchic was about to get soaked in water, was there anything that I missed? I do have a tendency to be completely oblivious sometimes :p sorry

Mack and Don seem to have substantially low expectations of this Ursaring. I highly doubt a pitfall trap is going to so much as faze it.

I mean, I would have to assume the Ursaring was an NPC since no one specifically had that character in signing up to begin with. (Though it is not recommended to control an NPC that someone else is at the moment or else it'll just be like twitch plays said game all over again.)

i’m really sorry for my recent absence. i’ve had an absolutely stupid amount of homework and i have a bunch of art coursework that i need to finish, so please forgive me if i am terribly inactive this week. i will try to post whenever i can but i can’t make any promises.

Well, meanwhile lil' Daniel fled from Diana again and he's already transformed. (Though he's starting to get tired since accurate transformations take much more than simple ones; plus they take more energy if he has not mastered becoming said Pokémon yet.)