• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pruie Region

Angel appeared behind Hysan and Luke. "Oh hey, Angel." "Line!" Ziggy said in greeting to Angel's Vibrava. "So, Luke, Soren and I are going to the Aura Village Ruins. You coming? By the way, I would have a Pokemon with a max bond on you, unless you don't wanna fight. The Pokemon will become a Shadow Pokemon, and it will still listen if it is at max bond. I'm taking Linoone. He'll also gain a type, so that's cool. Ziggy also wanted to become a Shadow Pokemon, and it knows to listen no matter what form it is, or what level. After this I'm going to Berg City for my last badge. So, you wanna come?"

"Yeah, I'll be here in a second." said Soren, hanging up. He got on Braviary's back and flew to Valleyville, with his pokemon. He landed close to Angel, Hysan and Luke. "Hey guys! You said you needed help, Hysan. I think I'll bring a Rufflet and an Ariados," said Soren, catching the Rufflet, and the Ariados in the grass next to them. "So, you ready to go? I'll leave my main team, Arcanine, Chandelure, Breloom, and Gardevoir here. And I think I might release the Rufflet and the Ariados I just caught after this." explained Soren, "My pokemon don't want to become Shadow Pokemon." Soren thought for a bit. "Actually, they can be purified..." he said to himself, releasing the pokemon he just caught. "I'll bring my normal team with me." he said, confident.

"Sure, Soren." Hysan replied. "Just make sure they have a 3/4-max bond with you and you're good. If not, they will turn on us. By the way, you can bring your main team. Ora can purify your Shadow Pokemon for you. I'm waiting for Angel to say if she wants to join us. By the way, Angel, nice green eye." Hysan said, noticing the piercing green eye Angel was previously covering.

"Thanks." Angel responded to the comment on her green eye. She nodded. "What do you guys think?" Angel asked, looking to all four of her Pokemon as she let them out of their Pokeballs. She did have a bit of bonding time with Tempest, but she knew she wasn't nearly as close to her as she was to the rest of her team yet. All of her Pokemon nodded in response. "I'll keep you in your ball, Tempest. You should be find that way. The rest of should be able to take it, and I'll make sure you all get purified as soon as we get back. Anyone not okay with that?" She asked. All her Pokemon looked ready. "Alright, we're good."

"Cool," Hysan said. "Well, guys, let's get going!" Hysan started to go to the Aura Village Ruins, which were northeast of Valleyville.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle woke up at 1:00 PM instantly thinking about the gym. He woke up sceptile and went to valleyville where the ground gym is. Walking there felt like a year but sceptile kept Kyle motivated giving him the little leaves on his arm. By the time they got their he sat outside with sceptile the fell asleep. It was like a few miles so they had to.

Raina's gray eyes fluttered open, squinting at the sun.
"I fell asleep.." She groaned, looking at her Pokemon who surrounded her.
She was under a tree in Geo Town.

"Also, you know what I realized? We keep forgetting the gyms! How about we just don't defeat them?" Raina threw her hands up.

"We came to travel anyways. Not to suck at battling! Everyone's probably in the fucking Elite Four. This sucks," Raina swore loudly. She always had a severe potty mouth that got her into trouble, so it was no surprise a few old ladies taking a walk were glaring at her.

Raina realized that she probably looked weird, as she was a 12 year-old swearing, with greasy, unwashed hair sticking out of a messy braid, as well as sweaty clothes and what looked like a sun burn.
Also, someone wrote, "Team Shadow wuz here!" as well as some.... male genitals on her face.
"Whatever. Let's get going! I gotta shower and buy some burn creme and my life on track. Now... how much money do I have," Raina said, looking at her wallet, which had...

"THEY FUC- FRICKING MUGGED ME!" She yelled. Her luck was low.

Raina walked around, eventually hitting
Because she had no money for a hotel room, she took the last of her fresh water and dumped it on her head.

After 'borrowing' 1000 pokedollars from the Pokemart, she took a treacherous hike over rough terrain, until she reached Valleyville.
She panted, looking at a mirror display.
Her normally fluffy, shiny red-brown hair was greasy and stuck out in strange places. Raina's flannel was coated in dirt, as well as sporting several holes. Her bike shorts were now short-shorts, and her black vans were falling apart, and part of her foot was exposed, revealing blisters.

Raina looked like a cheap, $2 prostitute.
"I HATE MY LIFE!" Raina screamed, many residents staring.
Something inside her broke. Seeing her looking like a mess, her Pokemon as disheveled as her, made her collapse from overexertion.

Rikki's ear perked up when he heard a voice. "Zan? Goose!" Rikki said, recognizing it as Raina's voice. Angel gave Rikki a curious look, and the Zangoose pointed in the direction he heard Raina before running off himself. Angel turned to the others and gave them an awkward smile.
"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up." She said, before running after Rikki, her other Pokemon in hot pursuit. It didn't take them long to find Raina. "Raina? Oh my Arceus, what happened?" Angel slid to a stop next to Raina.

Soren's Braviary flew off towards the direction Angel was going, with a cloth, two lemonades, and five-hundred Pokedollars. "Huh. Wonder what they're up to."said Soren, curiously. He looked at his brand-new black cat watch. It said, according to his watch, that it was 5:30PM. "It should take us about... thirty minutes to get to Aura Village, is that correct?" asked Soren, particularly aiming the question at Hysan. Gardevoir and Chandelure were talking about something, and then Chandelure pointed at where Aura village was rumored to be.

Raina''s Pokemon responded with varied calls no one heard understood.
After Rikki and Ink began talking, Ink nodded, said "Swad!" (Which probably translated to 'I got this') and slapped Raina awake with vine whip.

"I feel weird." Raina said simply.

Rikki nodded to Ink as the Swadloon slapped Raina. The Zangoose couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Angel let out a sigh. "Well, at least you're alright." She said as she grabbed one of Raina's arms and wrapped it around her [Angel's] neck. She helped pull Raina to her feet and tried to guide her to the Pokemon Center. "The Pokemon Center should have showers you can use. And, if you need something else just let me know. I can take care of it."

"I kept hearing about them before. Apparently they're based nearby in a place called Aura Village. The thing is, though, they apparently have some sort of... field, there. It turns Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon, and that's all I know for sure." Angel answered as they walked into the shower area. Angel let go of Raina and helped her keep her balance. "I'll wait in the main lobby for you and give you some privacy. If you need new clothes, let me know and I can take care of it." Angel stated as she walked out. She sat down on one of the couches in the lobby.

"I'm good." Raina ran inside.

She checked in, and got in the shower, feeling the warm drops on her bare body.
After scrubbing her face and washing her hair, Raina dried off.

Raina applied some burn heal to her face, and threw away her clothes. Realizing her skin still had traces of black ink on it as well as acne to the extreme, she put on some rarely-used concealer.

After throwing on a green baby-tee and some black leggings, she was ready.
All of her Pokemon also bathed, enjoying it.

"Oh crap. Remember? We stole money from the Pokemart!" Raina whispered.
Hoping nothing would happen, she ran out, looking at what to do next.

Angel got up from her seat and followed Raina. "Just thought I should let you know. That Aura Village place I mentioned? Luke, Soren, Hysan and I are going to check it out." She started. "Apparently Rikki heard you and ran off to you, so I told them to go ahead. I'm going to try to catch up to them." Angel informed. "Did you wanna come with us? If you do, though, Hysan said that the aura around the village turns Pokemon into some variation of Shadows. They'll only listen to you if you're really close. I heard that some of them even get their appearance changed."

"Sounds good," Raina responded.
She'd felt infinitely better after her hot shower, and she felt better as well. Shadow Pokemon seemed interesting, so her and her 4 Pokemon began walking back.
Raina picked at her makeup, not used to the strange feeling.

Soren ran ahead of Luke, and Hysan as his Braviary retured to him. As he ran towards Aura village, he realised Aura Village was covered with a strange, black, mist. "I'm gonna assume we'll need a flashlight to get through this? That black mist is probably serving as a barrier, to keep people out of there. When I say that I mean scare them, like the situation with Enigma Town, I'm gonna assume?" explained Soren, trying to find his flashlight in his backpack. "People always stayed away from Enigma Town, unless they had to travel through it. This place? Kinda the same, but it shows the presence of Team Shadow, and it's more dangerous," said Soren, finding the flashlight in his bag, that he had repaired a while ago. He had taped a Normal Gem on the part where the light passes through the glass to make it work again. He turned the flashlight on, and aimed it at the black mist. For as long as he held the flashlight towards the mist he wanted to go through, the mist that the light from the flashlight was touching would be normal mist. But if he put his flashlight away, or aimed it somewhere else, the mist would turn black again. "Cool. Guess I'll wait for Luke, Hysan, and Angel to come." said Soren, sitting next to his pokemon.

Raina and her Pokemon sprinted ahead.
After tripping twice, she reached the entrance.
"Hey. So I just got mugged...." Raina said bluntly. Aria the Swablu began flying and squealing.

"Calm yourself... What is it?"
Stella flew down, nodding before releasing some Air Mail.

"Another letter from Harry..." Raina muttered.

"Hey Raina. Been a while since I last saw you." He opened his black and blue Pruie Gym badge case while in the middle of talking. "So, someone finally got here." said Soren, bored, "What's that in your hand?" he said, specifically talking about the Air Mail. Gardevoir and Chandelure were chatting up a storm next to him, and it was kinda hard for Soren to focus. "I wonder who would ever try to mug you. Pruie is usually so peaceful, or at least I guess it was..." Soren shrugged, spinning his Pruie Gym badge case around. "So, are we going in?" He pointed to the entrance, and pointed his flashlight at a spot in the mist, making it normal mist for a second.

"Lu," Aurus muttered nervously as Luke and the rest of the team approached Aura Village.
"Relax," Luke said, "I already see two more people. Who are they? Looks like one of them is Raina... and Soren! Raina and Soren.
"Fer," Caesar grunted proudly, remembering the battle Luke and Soren had had in Gardenberry.
"Jan," Doragon squeaked.
"Everyone, I assure you that we will be okay."
"Xaaaaaatu," Horus whispered with a shiver. Horus could see the future. If he was nervous...

"A letter from Harry." Raina said.
"Hey, is that... Luke?" She mumbled, clumsily ripping open the mail.

'Dear Friends,
I'm in Slateport right now. Mom jammed me in the back of a moving truck.
Hope you're all good.
Here, I sent some more stuff. They had tons of free samples of the stuff back there.'

Inside were some Sitrus Berries.
Raina silently passed some to Soren and tossed a few at Luke.
"If you wanna read it, go ahead. It's just child abuse in a letter," Raina said.

"If your Xatu is nervous..." Soren started. His Gardevoir started shivering and making weird noises. "My Gardevoir can see the future, too. If they're both shivering like that, that means..." Soren shuddered. "Thanks for the Sitrus berries, Raina." said Soren. He grabbed a Plume Fossil and a Skull Fossil out of his backpack, and wordlessly handed them to Luke and Raina. "That's stuff I don't need, so take it." he said, about to walk into Aura Village with his Pokemon.

Raina thumbed the Skull Fossil nervously, slipping it into her bag.
She'd been slightly antsy after being mugged (who wouldn't be?), so she decided to return all of her Pokemon, except Aria, as she felt they needed to bond more. Running a hand through her auburn hair nervously, she began walking as well.

Angel caught up to the others. Kitsune and Tempest were in their Pokeballs, but Poseidon and Rikki were by their Trainer's side. Poseidon stared at the dark mist, obviously concerned. "Croc. Naw! Croconaw!" Poseidon said. Rikki simply stated down the mist, as much of the badass, quiet type as usual. Angel had to admit, she didn't like the look of things. The dark aura around the village was definitely disturbing. "So, according to my research back home, the concept of Shadow Pokemon was introduced in the Orre Region." She started. "It was started by an organization known as Cipher. Essentially, the process closed the doors to a Pokemon's heart, turning them into fighting machines. They were merciless in this state. The only positive impact was that they were stronger. I dunno how I feel about exposing my Pokemon to that. But at the same time, I want to help..." She murmured the last two sentences.

"I've literally never heard of that. But I really didn't get out much, because if I even went outside, people would throw rocks at me," Raina grumbled, remembering the memory.

"Swab! Lu!" Aria crowed.
Aria appeared scared of the dark mist.
"What do you think, Soren?"

"I guess we should go? Also, we could use flashlights to get through this." replied Soren. He demonstrated, pointing one of the flashlights, at the dark mist. For about a minute, the spot his flashlight's light was hitting was normal mist. After that it turned into dark mist again. Then he brought out five flashlights; a large one for Raina, a normal flashlight for Angel, and 3 other assorted flashlights for other people. "We should go. Remember, we can always get Shadow Pokemon purified by Ora." he said, trying to phone someone on his Pokégear.

Raina nodded.
"Aria, return," Raina whispered, sending out Toast, who looked angry as he was just napping.

His fiery back illuminated it better, along with the flashlights.
Raina took out her Cherubi Phone and opened a flashlight app.

"I think we have a good amount of light," Raina looked around, still just seeing mist.

Raina shivered a bit.
"Is it just me, or is it getting...colder?" She asked, clutching her sides.

"I think so..." Soren scrambled through his backpack, trying to find an extra winter coat. "Oh, I swear this backpack is a black hole." Eventually he found one. "Here you go!" said Soren, tossing the winter coat to Raina. He soon realised the closer he got to the center of Aura Village, the more the black mark on his face would grow back. And it was probably barely noticable if someone looked at him. "We're getting close to the center," said Soren, the black mark on his face starting to take over his left eye. He took out a bottle of water and splashed it on his face, and the mark went away, for a while. "If it gets as cold as a Cold Storage, then we're very close to the center of the town." explained Soren, looking down at his Gardevoir.
"See, this mist is the barrier that turns your pokemon into Shadow Pokemon." said Soren, pulling out a Sitrus Berry.

Last edited:
Raina looked at Soren curiously as he splashed cold water on his face, but shrugged it off and put on the coat.
'Why is everyone here so nice?' Raina thought.

'Soren gave me a fossil, and a coat, and what have I done? I kissed a guy, I got mugged, I stole from a Pokemart, and I complained about some douche who thre rocks at me,' she continued in her head.

But the trio of the 3 trainers continued walking, unsure of what to come.

Angel followed, Rikki and Poseidon right on her heels. She saw Soren splash water on his face, which made her raise an eye. That was odd. She shrugged it off, though, and continued following Soren and Raina. Eventually, they came to the barrier that turned their Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. Poseidon seemed hesitant and Rikki was.... unaffected. "I swear you have a death wish, Rikki." Angel murmured. Her Zangoose turned and gave his trainer a smirk. Eventually, Poseidon gained a bit of courage and gave his trainer a nod. "Well, we're ready when you guys are."

"Should we-should we r-really go through? It turns our Pokemon into Shadow Varients, right? Even the-even the ones in Pokeballs?" Raina asked, stumbling over her words clumsily.
She thumbed them nervously, thinking of Azuru, Ink, and Aria.
Raina looked at Toast, who seemed like he was determined to go through.
She'd really bonded with them in the past 5 days, so this was worrying.
She'd heard that Shadow Pokemon had many good things to them, such as shadow moves super-effective to everything, and they looked pretty badass.

Raina also knew they couldn't level up or evolve, plus they sometimes hurt themselves.

Last edited:
"Remember what I said, we can get them purified by Ora. Although, about the ones in Pokeballs, I'm not exactly sure..." said Soren, putting away Lampent and Breloom. "I don't nickname my Pokemon... but let's go anyway." He ran through the barrier, and his Gardevoir and Arcanine became Shadow Pokemon. "I'm going anyway!" said Soren, confident. He got on the back of his Arcanine, and they ran around, trying to find an entrance to Team Shadow's hideout. The black mark on his face grew back, but since none of his friends were around, past the barrier, he didn't seem to mind. He eventually found an entrance, and waited for the others. He splashed more cold water on his face.

"Ok, I guess if I don't send them out it won't matter," Raina said.
"Soren... Your Gardevoir doesn't like you! I'm not sure if that's a good id-" Raina was cut off as Soren ran through the barrier, along with the two Pokemon.
She sighed.

"Okay Toast, we're going through!" She hopped through nimbly, looking at Toast.
He appeared normal at first, but soon the Quilvava's fire began to turn blue, and his sleek blue fur was now black.
"Toast?" Raina said tentatively.

"Quil," it answered.
He seemed to still follow her, but quite reluctantly. He kept bumping into things, hurting himself.
"Toast, eat a Sitrus Berry!"
The Quilava grunted, smacking it out of her hands and running away, tripping as he went.

Raina quickly scooped him up.
"Let's look for Soren," she grumbled, slightly upset that her Quilvava didn't like her much.

Soren flashed his flashlight a couple of times. His Gardevoir was holding onto him, and so was his Arcanine. They had wedged themselfs in between a few large rocks, and there was a large, flat boulder above them. It was a small cave, and they found the entrance there. He waved his flashlight around as a signal. His Gardevoir was getting along with him fine, but Arcanine kept crashing into things. Arcanine's stripes were white, and his fur was purple, because he was a Shadow Pokemon. Gardevoir, on the other hand, had reversed colors.
He was gonna start climbing down the tunnel, when he saw a Team Shadow Grunt at the entrance of the cave / house he was in. 'Oh god!' thought Soren.

Raina slipped into an entrance somewhere. She was lost, and couldn't find Soren.
"Why does this always happen to me," Raina grumbled under her breath, hoping no Team Shadow grunts would find her.
Toast, who normally napped 24/7, seemed pissed and was trying to escape from her arms.
Suddenly, he leapt out of her arms, appearing to be looking for someone.

Raina chased him down, eventually bumping into Soren and scooping Toast up.
"Finally I found you- oh shit," Raina whispered, before seeing a Team Shadow grunt in the, well, shadows!
He was dressed in some purple pants with black stripes on him, and also adorned a longsleeved shirt of a similar design that had a strange logo Raina assumed to be the Team Shadow logo.

Soren needed help, and was literally screaming at Raina to help. The Team Shadow grunt has taped his mouth shut, and tied him up, in at least five minutes, and when the grunt heard Raina's voice, it jumped down the tunnel, leaving Soren's Pokemon behind.
His Gardevoir started to cry, and his Arcanine just started to crash into things again.
Meanwhile, Soren was being dragged around in Team Shadow's underground hideout. He saw many things, including some pokemon and Team Shadow Grunts, a strange looking machine, and a... huge hamster wheel? The Team Shadow grunt untied Soren, and pushed him into a cage. "No! Wait! I'm not a rebel! You can't do this!" shouted Soren, going into mental breakdown stage. He saw a man in the cage next to him, but he didn't bother to talk and was already scared. "Obviously, that's a lie. You didn't have an outfit in your backpack when I searched it." said the grunt.

'Crap' Raina thought, hiding behind a crate. Luckily no one saw her.
"Okay, cooperate for 2 seconds, we gotta save Soren," Raina whispered to Toast, who grunted and nodded, still llooking confused.

"Go," she whispered, and Toast ran forward, kicking the grunt in the face.

"Is this your little rebel friend?" The grunt said, kicking the Quilava
Because Toast had taken so much damage, he'd been on low health, and because Raina didn't believe that potions were healthy, she had only one Sitrus Berry, and that was the one Toast held.

"Eat yours!" Raina whisper yelled, but he wouldn't listen. The grunt was slowly getting up.

She looked to Soren pleadingly, hoping he had some Moomoo milk or a Super Potion.

Soren breathed heavily, and threw a Hyper Potion at Raina. Then he dug through his backpack, desparately trying to find something. "Hair barrette, where are you?" he said to himself, picking up a hair barrette out of his backpack. He used it to unlatch the cage door, and Gardevoir came looking for him at the right time, and fought the grunt. His Gardevoir took Arcanine with her, and they fought the grunt. Soon, the Team Shadow grunt looked beaten up, and he got out of the cage. "Thanks for saving me Raina," said Soren, throwing his gym badge case in the air. All 7 badges he had collected popped out the case, and he picked them up as fast as possible. "I tried to catch up to Hysan..." said Soren, scratching the back of his neck. He took out Chandelure, Breloom, and Braiviary's Pokéballs, and just held them.

Angel followed the others in carefully. She looked back to her Pokemon. Poseidon looked different for sure. The part of his skin that was usually a cream color was a dark purple, and the red fins on his back and head turned a black color. Rikki's white fur had turned pitch black, and his usually red stripe was now a violet purple. His eyes were also now a bright blue, instead of reddish pink. For a minute, she lost Raina and Soren. After a bit of walking, though, Angel found the entrance and Raina and Soren. "Yo, guys, what'd I miss?"

Raina couldn't help but smirk.
"I'm sorry, but you have a hair clip in your bag? Sounds pretty gay..." Raina chuckled.
"I have nothing against the LGBT community, my cousin's gay, just getting that out there," Raina quickly added.

She scooped up Toast.
Raina looked up, seeing Angel and her 2 newly shadow-ified Pokemon.
"So, we got attacked. My Quilava is pretty pissed, and I insulted yet another person.
Typical stuff." Raina snarked.