• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The sound of rain outside as I lay on my bed is so soothing and peaceful. I think the sound of rain is to me what the sound of the ocean is for everyone else. Drip, drip, drop~

A CD I ordered online came in the mail today and now I'm happy :) They're a 90's band that had a short run in Australia and finding their music was hard but the other day I found out that there was one CD for sale on Amazon so I snatched it up as quick as I could. And now it's mine ♥

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I wish more people could understand OCD.

Also, I wish that Batman would freaking glide in the direction
that I tell him to when facing the demon trials. FFS.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Did not sleep very well at all last night, alas. But, on a completely different note I'm enjoying StreetPass Garden, one of those games you can buy from the StreetPass update. I like my flowers :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
My mom took away all my good mics and I'm stuck with this one we used to use for karaoke back in the 1990s and early 2000s and the quality is all watery and whatnot and ugh I can't do anything with this thing ;;

... I'm probably wondering this too early... but at the moment, my current thoughts are directed towards how I'm going to survive October... >_<"

... And also what my next horrible attempt at drawing would be...

... And how I got ninja'd. For the 15th time today.
(Well, at least it's not the 200th time ~:D~ )

And also how two smileys (at these forums) require the same thing to be entered.

EDIT:
As of 1 August 2013, I have another thing to add to that:
Why some forum systems clearly allow all members (including those who aren't moderators) to edit posts.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Shane said:
And also how two smileys (at these forums) require the same thing to be entered.
It'd be helpful if you could be more specific about that so we could fix it. :p

DIGIMON IS ON NETFLIX INSTANT

They have season 1 and 2, both the subbed and dubbed versions. I'm so happy, and it's right before the Digimon RP too so I can watch and RP at the same time.

Teapot said:
Shane said:
It'd be helpful if you could be more specific about that so we could fix it. :p
Uh, sorry, it slipped my mind ~:p~

grin.gif
and
laugh.gif

Those smileys both use this:
Code:
 ~:D~

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Being the most sickly in my family sucks, mum, dad and my brother rarely get sick, but I'm sick a lot. </3 Should have known yesterday when I got a headache, I never get them normally, so I should have known I was coming down with something.

curled up on the sofa grateful for my iPad and the Crunchyroll app to see me through the day~

I hate windows 8 and flat tires.

Also why must I torture myself with hurting my characters? I'm crying ;A;

Also... I hate to promo myself, but I recently started a new Miracle Arts blog on Tumblr~ http://doubledsmiraclearts.tumblr.com/ my friend made it look so much better than it originally did, but I would just love it if some of you guys would read a little of it. Totes cool if you don't want to.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Gargoyles_Quest_GBC_ScreenShot1_zps2941bd7d.gif

I downloaded a Virtual Console game from the 3DS store called Gargoyles Quest and it's so hard! So very hard. Either that or I'm just really terrible at it :V

Gotta love the little Gargoyle dude though :D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Oh man, Gargoyle's Quest. I don't even really know what it is about it, but it's very much a defining Gameboy game for me. It is a hard game, so don't feel too put down by it :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:
Oh man, Gargoyle's Quest. I don't even really know what it is about it, but it's very much a defining Gameboy game for me. It is a hard game, so don't feel too put down by it :p

Despite it being brutal and mean in terms of difficulty I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice little game and the challenge just adds to the fun really :)

So tired and I've lost my ability to tan I know go whiter when exposed to sunlight

EDIT: Posting this in all the communities I'm in. Today marks the start of a new me, no more compromising my own happiness for others and no more hiding my feelings about people, if you don't like it then don't talk to me simple as.

EDIT EDIT: I've broken up with my boyfriend

So I've gotten my dorm set up and stuff... I still haven't gotten a chance to meet my new roommate, and we're not allowed to stay in the dorms until the 18th... 8 guys to one bathroom too... I have a feeling that this will be a hectic semester.

Also I've read/watched Dangan Ronpa 1 and Super Dangan Ronpa 2. I didn't think my heart was ready for it, and I was right ;A; Chiaki Nanami will always be my favorite character though~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So the other day, I was thinking about what life at home would be like once I moved out. I ended up crying so hard that when my parents found me in my room the had to gently persuade me into bed and tucked me in.... I guess it was sweet but kinda embarrassing. Like, I'm supposed to be grown up now, but I still need them to do stuff like that for me.

I just never want them to be lonely or sad, but when my mom told me that she's had the happiest 18 years of her life with me around it just kind of struck me how much they've meant to me and I've meant to them. Oh my gosh, I can't even finish typing this without crying. I'm going to miss my parents a lot, even if they've been strict on me we're a really loving family and we seem to have a really healthy relationship with each other, and I know that won't change at all when I leave for college but just the fact we won't see each other on a daily basis anymore is really upsetting.

Well university haven't contacted me so I'm guessing I've not been accepted, I've worked so hard all my life just to be denied 3 times now, that was the only chance I'll ever get to do anything, I'm too socially anxious to ask for a reference to apply next year, I'm too socially anxious to go to job interviews and even if I weren't I'm too under-qualified for most jobs and lastly all the college places have been taken up. I'm just so upset that I can hardly do anything ;_;

... I hate glitches that can't be fixed. ~:(~

Anyway, it's so hot at my hometown at the moment that I feel like I live inside a volcano. -_-
In the final month of winter in South Africa.

... And I'll have to accept the fact that I'll never be able to eat pizza again... :(
First I become (partially?) allergic to chocolate, now I become allergic to bacon and cheese...

... Those are my current thoughts... until that changes in... probably 30 minutes.

(... Originally, I was going to place a confusing wall of text here, but it got so confusing that I lost track, so... yeah.)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
So, I finally gave in and downloaded HarmoKnight. I've justified buying it purely on the reasoning that I haven't had a new game since June (and that was Animal Crossing), and that I've gone back and fourth between wanting this game and being a bit put off by the price. Thought it was time I actually did something about it. :angel:

I'm being good and saving my money until X/Y now, honest!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
One of my friends texted me this afternoon saying he has one of my old professors for a class this semester because she talked about how one of her previous students dressed in an unusual outfit. That student would be me wearing my Zero cosplay. I love making a lasting impression on people! :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Generally speaking I do like my job if I'm honest with myself... and in a good mood. But sometimes. Sometimes I just want to set it on fire. Like right now. Right now fire would improve it muchly :@

Sometimes I think computers hate my guts. Or at least my brain. Because I've been sitting at this computer four 4+ hours working on a stupid(not really, it's actually pretty cool) picture that I had to get perfect, leaving my brains a pile of mush(figuratively).
And I thought computers where meant to make thing easier. If I had been working on paper I would have finished the sketch, inking, clean up, and be finished with coloring and shading in about ooohhh and hour maybe two if I did something complicated with tons of shadowing.. but nooooo I've only just finished the lining and a small(really small) part of the coloring.
So now I have to get my base colors in, then tone them up, add some more layers for shading then merge everything together.

I'm not touching computer art programs for a while after I finish this project, which I will have done sometime tomorrow even if it kills me.(okay it probably wont kill me.. but mushy brains are here to stay I guess)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
WHOOT finally moved into UT! It's kinda humid and hot but the campus is pretty nice, and I love my dorm (it's the newest one on campus) and the computer science building (currently the newest building on campus). ♥ Also saw a lot of familiar faces, can't wait for classes to actually start!

So, excited for a few shows. LoK is returning on the 13th, I'm really interested in the fact that we will learn about the origins of the Avatar!

Also, TWD returns October 13th, looks way better then the previous seasons, truly excited and dying of anticipation!

Also, I'm watching this web-series called RWBY that's pretty awesome. If you're gonna watch it, I suggest watching the four character trailers(Red, White, Black, and Yellow) first, and reading up on the wiki if you're confused. I do really like the combat and the story of the series, even if the short weekly episodes mean slow pacing. I also love the weapons, especially Gambol Shroud, although Crescent Rose is the coolest weapon in my opinion.

Also, bees like to follow me.

Well things in my life are starting to go smoothly, been really happy this week.

I have new found confidence and optimism and hopefully for everyone's sake it stops my whining

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks. I kind of cheated and used an already existing picture I made of myself - but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what the hell to shove in that frame and couldn't seem to draw anything better. So hey. why not, really? xD

It'll do for now.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sleepy Magpie is sleepy. Eight hours sleep last night was clearly not enough... more required! xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Happiness and optimism have now gone

If you don't mind me asking, how come? :(

As for myself, I've finally gotten the house to myself this afternoon and have been able to sit and relax enough to properly reply to a number of topics. I seem to go through phases when I want to reply to various threads yet can't find the energy or focus enough to do so, and it's very, very nice when such phases pass. Hopefully this upcoming week at work isn't as tiring as last week was too. ♥

Everyone just seems to be ignoring and avoiding me :? Then when finally someone finally gives me the slightest bit of attention they either just lie to my face or pay me attention for the wrong reason, I just feel so ill and alone

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Home! After my 5am start this morning and a long working week I've finally finished for today and looking forward to nice couple of days off. Tuesday/Wednesday is basically my weekend this week xD Tempted to just flop onto my bed now but I shall resist! I shall~