• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

I love Black 2~ The amount of Pokemon really gives you freedom to think about what you can add to your teams~ Dare I say it's the best Pokemon game ever? It's up there, anyway, at least to me.

Went bowling today instead of doing school work |D I'll do a little bit tomorrow before I go pick up Black 2. Then do a little bit on Saturday and a little bit on Sunday

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So my crush has been getting very friendly with me, after I've been liking him for like, 6 years now. Yes, since I was in 6th grade in middle school. And it doesn't help that we're stand partners in orchestra, so every time I sit next to him my heart starts going all DOKI DOKI DOKI. D: Also not helping me is the fact that like, the entire orchestra council (he's also the orchestra president), half the viola section, and his best friend and mine all know that I like him, so every time they see us together they make strange faces at me.

Got Black 2 in my possession now, ultimate nerdgasm :D On the flipside I have an essay that requires to be finished today. Should take about an hour I'm hoping. I so desperately want to play Black 2 D:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
So apparently I had an alarm clock fail today and woke up with ten minutes to get to class. I sprinted so hard to the bus stop I nearly gave myself a heart attack, then when I finally got the Science Center the automatic doors decided to not open for me. So I forced them open with my bare hands. I ended up being five minutes late for class. Then for the sake of audacity I waved at the professor with a big grin as I proceeded to shamelessly sit in the front row.
Luffy-monkey-d-luffy-31916440-640-480.jpg

Ugh, I've been very busy. When you have four Honors classes and Marching Band, you don't have time for much else. I'm waiting impatiently for my uncle to mail me Black 2(he said he would buy it for me and send it in the mail).

As for TV, I've been keeping up with Revolution. Also, I finally got Season 2 of the Walking Dead on Netflix, and finished it, so I'm ready for the premiere of Season 3 tonight :) . That show is very good, with all the foreshadowing and mysteries. Season 2 was longer, and had more deaths, but the introduction of new characters to the group, along with the battle with Walkers on the farm, made the ending a real cliffhanger. Everyone wants to know what happened to Andrea and the mysterious stranger who saved her, as well as many other things, like the helicopters that were seen flying overhead. All I'm saying is, the show is definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

D: The essay that I've been writing all this week has been corrupted the day before it is due. 15 pages of work down the drain. That is it where is that noose T.T

Rileyixx said:
D: The essay that I've been writing all this week has been corrupted the day before it is due. 15 pages of work down the drain. That is it where is that noose T.T

I feel your pain... I've been there.

I am currently scrambling to complete a cosplay of Urataros from Kamen rider Den-o for halloween and hopefully, kollision-con.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
Back up your shit, man. Twice.

I always used Dropbox for storing my work, as they give you a fair bit of space (2GB+) for free and you get versioning - so you can go back and restore previous saves of your work if something gets messed up. PM me for a referral link if you're interested, we both get extra space that way :up:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hard for me to believe that October is already halfway done. Just a bit over a week now until I hit Toronto again and attend Video Games Live for the second time! Really looking forward to it. ^^

Just got home from our wonderful half-day of school, which was PSAT day. I believe I did alright, although the math sections were tough. At least now I know what the SATs are like!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
ShinyZekrom009 said:
Just got home from our wonderful half-day of school, which was PSAT day. I believe I did alright, although the math sections were tough. At least now I know what the SATs are like!

Have fun, it's only a few hours longer and your first section is an essay. ♥

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Shiny Eevee said:
ShinyZekrom009 said:

Just wait until you're taking the GRE (the test you take for Grad School). :D *Slowly plunges a sword through his torso*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Psycho Monkey said:
Shiny Eevee said:
ShinyZekrom009 said:

Just wait until you're taking the GRE (the test you take for Grad School). :D *Slowly plunges a sword through his torso*
Please do not remind me, I have 4 years until that. ;;

Firefall BETA has the most amazing loading screen messages.

'Shoot them in the face!'
'Avoid bullets. Those are bad.'
'If you play versus Red 5 developers, let them win. Their families are watching.'

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Managed to troll everyone in my audition room today. I think that's the first and last time I'll ever attempt something like that again. XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Finally getting to see Phantom of the Opera in London at the start of November... and I just found out they changed who plays the Phantom. I hope he sounds as amazing as the old one ;___;

New Vegas kept crashing so I figured a file(s) was missing or corrupted so redownloading again. Must have spent nearly my entire weekend trying to prepare it for a huge gaming session/marathon this half term

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
TheSurrenderable said:
Shiny.. I think some of us are very interested to hear.. c:

Cody said:
Shiny...what did you do?

We had a Tchaikovsky excerpt, specifically a little part from Symphony No. 5, Movement 4 (aka Finale). Of course, I hadn't practiced, 'cause it's senior year and I have more important things to worry about~

So it just so happened we played Movement 2 of the same symphony last year, and so I played the melody from that. My stand partner, who was also in the room, facepalmed, my proctor was laughing, and several people came up to me afterwards and told me how I was obviously going to get first chair~

I bet I'm getting in trouble at school tomorrow for that, since our director was one of our judges. Whoops. XD

So I was just walking outside to my school's other location, and I noticed the backdrop of old-fashioned train poles against the beautiful pink morning sky. Then it hit me.

I am in a Romance/Drama anime.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just read something that got me thinking...

I wish certain online persons wouldn't refer to others as their "friends" when such only applies while on the internet. Y'know, the type who have their "real friends" and "online friends"? Folks like that are better off referring to online people as acquaintances. At least then nobody invests too much time or energy into developing a relationship with 'em.

I'm somewhat biased, mind. Offline or online, it makes no difference to me. If I call someone my friend, they're my friend. The online verses real friends bull gets tiring.

Urm, all my best friendships are online. Other than Josh and perhaps a couple more, I have no friends. Mainly due to the fact I can't stand most the people here.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Katie's point, though badly explained (:p), was about people that make a specific distinction between 'online' friends and 'real' friends. As in, if you have to make the distinction, they're not really friends.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
Katie's point, though badly explained (:p), was about people that make a specific distinction between 'online' friends and 'real' friends. As in, if you have to make the distinction, they're not really friends.

I explained it just fine. A rant is a rant. Don't expect logical explanations in a rant. :)

But yes, what AlexOakface said. :up: ;)

Also, @Riley/Blazi, obviously not everyone is like that, but you'd be blind not to notice that many are. That is why seeing people treat their "online friends" like objects for their entertainment and nothing more gets on my nerves. ;x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Linkachu said:
Also, @Riley/Blazi, obviously not everyone is like that, but you'd be blind not to notice that many are. That is why seeing people treat their "online friends" like objects for their entertainment and nothing more gets on my nerves. ;x

People treat people online as just objects of entertainment? That's not right at all... behind every post (except those made by bots, of course) is someone behind a monitor or tablet or smartphone or something, who's just as human as you. Except they're probably more so if you don't humanize the people you meet online. <<

I actually have a lot of friends both online and off, but I still just call them "friends"~ I mean really, I care just as much about you guys as I would my friends on the other side of this cyber world, sometimes even more so.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Yeeeeeah. I don't draw a line between offline and online friends. If I say you're my friend then you are, my feelings don't change based off if you're standing in front of me in real life, or you're online and miles away. I don't see the point in treating them differently, we're still people with thoughts, feelings and views etc. no matter the means we communicate by, so why can't we be actual friends?

It's silly to treat people differently just because of how we know each other. To me a friend is a friend. x3

Demelza said:
Yeeeeeah. I don't draw a line between offline and online friends. If I say you're my friend then you are, my feelings don't change based off if you're standing in front of me in real life, or you're online and miles away. I don't see the point in treating them differently, we're still people with thoughts, feelings and views etc. no matter the means we communicate by, so why can't we be actual friends?

It's silly to treat people differently just because of how we know each other. To me a friend is a friend. x3

I completely agree. :D :up:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hey, I draw a distinction between online and offline friends insofar that my online friends have vastly different tastes in stuff than my offline friends. All friends but just different ways of talking to/stuff to talk about. Also, on the whole, my online friends are either a fair bit older or younger than me whereas my offline friends are near enough my age.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with that notion but it's actually fairly different for me. The people I've met online and call friends are really no different than friends I made offline. Aside from the odd hobby differences there's really no clear divide between 'em. Some of 'em party, some don't. Some are gamers, some aren't. Some love Pokemon, others couldn't care for it. And so on. It's nice. :)

And is it bad that the people I tend to hang out with at work (not necessarily 'friends', but the people I gravitate towards most) are 40s-60s? I like my co-worker peers but I can't ever see us clicking. Their interests/streams of thought bore me. XD

But on a totally different subject... Heading to Toronto this afternoon until late Sunday, mostly because of this, but it'll also just be nice to get away on vacation for a few days and see some close friends. I get to join a community Halloween BBQ/party while there too. :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Less than an hour left of work classes. Getting excited now. :D

I'm jealous of your BBQ/party it is too bleh (best way to describe it) to even think of having a party.

Were you referring to the weather being bleh, the people you live around, or something else? XD