• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Only in Canadia. xD

Today's a lovely day over here. This morning it was about ten degrees centigrade, warm enough to cycle to school with a shirt and jacket, and right now... If I had to guess, I'd say 16/17 degrees. Not a cloud in the sky~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Dark Soul said:
Only in Canadia. xD

Today's a lovely day over here. This morning it was about ten degrees centigrade, warm enough to cycle to school with a shirt and jacket, and right now... If I had to guess, I'd say 16/17 degrees. Not a cloud in the sky~

Now that wouldn't be so bad. Sounds like some nice spring weather. I'll miss winter when it's finally over but I'll happily welcome the first signs of spring too. It's a lovely season~

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Dark Soul said:
Only in Canadia. xD

Its likely colder then that here. Looks amazingly warm, step out the door without a hoodie however, and you soon find it's not. :(

It still looks lovely though, specially when you're in the middle of fields like us. :angel:

Thought I might drop in again an join the weather bandwagon that seems to be starting. It was about 18 degrees celsius and sunny,foggy and not very humid (very strange combination) but had to spend all day in college which was checked for the temperature and our classroom was 41 degrees celsius ._. I went through 12 bottles of water

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Linkachu said:
Dark Soul said:
Only in Canadia. xD

Now that wouldn't be so bad. Sounds like some nice spring weather. I'll miss winter when it's finally over but I'll happily welcome the first signs of spring too. It's a lovely season~

It's already like, around 80 degrees Fahrenheit outside (or like, 26 for you people who use Celsius/Centigrade) some days here... really, I wish we had some snow this year. :<

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Shiny Eevee said:
It's already like, around 80 degrees Fahrenheit outside (or like, 26 for you people who use Celsius/Centigrade) some days here... really, I wish we had some snow this year. :<

I know what you mean...winter was a massive disappointment over here as well. :( All the snow pretty much stayed up north, where it usually goes, but we can at least expect enough snow to come around here to get us a day off or two. Not the case this year, and to make matters worse, I've been staying healthy for an unexpectedly long time (against my best efforts) so I don't see any sickdays in my near future. Hmm...sorta sounded like a hypochondriac just then.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My 7 year old sister just reached the Elite 4 in SoulSilver. And I quote:

"Katie, is Will a boy? Because he kiiiinda looks like a girl."

Yes. Yes he does. :8B:

tumblr_m151qhbGNp1qi9cyd.gif

I seem to have started off a Pokemon revolution in my year at school. My friend Callum started getting into it when I told him about PSP emulators, he is now a full-on Pokenerd. This in turn got my friend Declan into it. My and my best friend Mark used to play it all the time when we were younger, and after watching me play, he returned to playing it. My friend Patrick had never had the joy of playing a Pokemon game, until I rented him Sapphire, and now he no longer questions his existance. Rejoyce!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I love this free texting app Sem suggested I download onto my iPod Touch. It's fun spamming everyone when I'm too lazy to grab a phone. =D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
mum: ohhh look how close jupiter and saturn are
me: do their orbits ever sync up?
mum: you mean do they overlap each other?
me: yeah. like, do they ever get ~intimately acquainted
me: do they dance the interplanetary tango
mum:
mum:
mum:
me: i bet they're only ever close to each other like once every decade or something
me: oh my god that's so tragic
me: i ship it
me: astrological otp
mum: you're adopted

Why is this my life.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yoshimitsu said:
mum: ohhh look how close jupiter and saturn are
me: do their orbits ever sync up?
mum: you mean do they overlap each other?
me: yeah. like, do they ever get ~intimately acquainted
me: do they dance the interplanetary tango
mum:
mum:
mum:
me: i bet they're only ever close to each other like once every decade or something
me: oh my god that's so tragic
me: i ship it
me: astrological otp
mum: you're adopted

Why is this my life.

This needs to be on Facebook so that I can like it. :up:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Ferne Holmes :up:'s the above post.

My mum cleaned my room while I was in Paris. It's now a 'tip' again. I call it organised mess, but each to their own :V

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just got back from seeing John Carter in three deeeeeee.

It was actually a pretty decent Sci Fi movie. Myself and a co-worker read some great and equally horrible reviews for it, but I'd place the quality of the film somewhere in the middle myself. (The alien dog thing was adorable)

Might look into the reading the novel someday. :)

Linkachu said:
Just got back from seeing John Carter in three deeeeeee.

It was actually a pretty decent Sci Fi movie. Myself and a co-worker read some great and equally horrible reviews for it, but I'd place the quality of the film somewhere in the middle myself. (The alien dog thing was adorable)

Might look into the reading the novel someday. :)

Really? It sounds like something I might want to watch. It sounds a bit like the Lorien Legacies - one of my favorite series. :)

My sister had been dying in anticipation for the Hunger Games, though. She really wants to go this weekend - never have I seen her so crazy for a movie until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. (It's kinda scary how she is, now that I think about it... :'| )

Current thoughts: Know any tricks to curing writer's block? I just lack inspiration and motivation to write anything. @.@

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently have my ratty, Glenn, sitting on my lap. I've told him that he's not allowed to touch the keyboard because all he does is spam like a n00b.

Also, @starlit-dreams

Really? It sounds like something I might want to watch. It sounds a bit like the Lorien Legacies - one of my favorite series. :)

If you're interested in that genre, definitely go see it! The characterization could've been stronger but overall I quite enjoyed it. :)

Current thoughts: Know any tricks to curing writer's block? I just lack inspiration and motivation to write anything. @.@

I'm not a great one for giving advice on beating writer's block, but try to read books or watch movies/TV shows that relate to the genre you're writing. If a certain author inspires you, read something by them! Sometimes it's also easier to think when you're out of the house and in the middle of nature.

Keep trying! Hopefully sooner or later something will work for you.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
starlit-dreams said:
To quote the great Neil Gaiman: just write. Don't get caught up in the wheres and whys and hows, just write down a word. Then add another to it. Then another. Eventually you'll have a sentence, then a paragraph.

My way for gathering inspiration to write a scene is to literally meditate on exactly what's happening. If the scene's set in the interior of a 16th century pirate ship, what can I see? What can I hear? Smell? What would the people be like? How might they talk, how might they react to me?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I watched Hunger Games, and it was really good! Like, artistically and everythinggggggg <3333333

Only problem I had for my experience...

Okay, there were several times where I was moved to tears and whatnot in the movie, and I'm a very sentimental person. My friends, though, are very cold and heartless. So very much, in fact, that every time a touching scene came up, they glanced at my face and laughed when they saw me crying. Even when I wasn't anywhere near crying, they would look anyways and laugh all the same. Also doesn't help that nobody was nice enough to at least hug me in the middle or something, and they all knew I liked hugs.

Really, I'm going to find better friends to go with next time I want to watch a movie. People who can understand that I cry a lot. <<

Considering doing a Let's Play for Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition someday, if only because I realized the battle system reminded me of SMT Devil Survivor c:

Also apparently preorders for Halo 4 are now available. I don't know how to feel about this.

Shiny Eevee said:
I watched Hunger Games, and it was really good! Like, artistically and everythinggggggg <3333333

Only problem I had for my experience...

Okay, there were several times where I was moved to tears and whatnot in the movie, and I'm a very sentimental person. My friends, though, are very cold and heartless. So very much, in fact, that every time a touching scene came up, they glanced at my face and laughed when they saw me crying. Even when I wasn't anywhere near crying, they would look anyways and laugh all the same. Also doesn't help that nobody was nice enough to at least hug me in the middle or something, and they all knew I liked hugs.

Really, I'm going to find better friends to go with next time I want to watch a movie. People who can understand that I cry a lot. <<

I would have hugged you Shiny :)

Dinova2 said:
Trying to think of an inexpensive, easy to work material to make a crown out of for my empoleon gijinka cosplay. Failing completely.

Urm felt and garden wire o.O Best I can think of xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Back to work today. I guess I should be grateful because my vacation days only covered part of March Break. The rest of the time they didn't pay me. :'|

At least I did the majority of my laundry yesterday. :'D

Edit: And now I'm thinking about the weather. Last week we had two consecutive days of +22-24 degrees Celsius temperatures. This week we're looking at a range of -7 to +2 degrees. We had snow yesterday night and are due to have at least another 10cm tonight/tomorrow.

Mother Nature, make up your mind! @.@

:D Just fixed my laptop after it gave me BSOD so I'm incredibly happy and feel like god at the moment xD

And Katie that sounds like our weather getting about 22 degrees celcius for next three days then we go back to sub zero temperatures on Saturday xD

And on a side note about the weather 22 degrees is an insanely high temperature for UK it barely gets above 25 degrees in middle of summer up the northern end of the country (which is where I am)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
And Katie that sounds like our weather getting about 22 degrees celcius for next three days then we go back to sub zero temperatures on Saturday xD

Crazy times. XD

And now today, I have my second snow day of the year... on March 27th? This generally doesn't happen, even in Canadia Land! But hey, I'll take it. :angel:

Linkachu said:
Rileyixx said:

Crazy times. XD

And now today, I have my second snow day of the year... on March 27th? This generally doesn't happen, even in Canadia Land! But hey, I'll take it. :angel:

Not had a snow day since 2010 ;_; January last year the snow was up to my waist and I'm like 6,2 and they made us walk it to school because buses weren't running and roads were closed. It was awful because I forgot to do my laundry so I ended up wearing a t-shirt, a thin jacket, shorts and canvas shoes D: Plus school is 2 miles away from where I live >=O

But anyway even stranger about today the north is warmer than the south for a change and just checked a few minutes ago and places in Africa like Nairobi and stuff are only like 5 degrees hotter o.O

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
me: i think it's time we have the talk
my future children: aw mom
me: when two people love each other very much
me: that means they are shippable
me: and if you yourself find them endearing to a level of emotional attachment
me: they are known as an "otp"

I will be exactly like this with my kids.

@ Linkachu & Teapot

Thank you so much for the tips and encouragement! It really helped - I'm on a roll!

[Insert manical laughter here] ~evil~

Hm... my current thoughts:

1) Anyone know a good fantasy series? I've just reread quite a few series, and I'm itching to find a good one. :?

2) ... My father had an interesting dance style. :O

3)I feel so slee- :( ... zzz

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Rileyixx said:
Demelza said:
Yoshimitsu said:
I think the UK is stealing Canada's heat.

Agreed. Hotter where you are then me though El. ;-;

Off college today so been having fun. ^^

Wish I had college of today was sat in a 39 degree Celsius room for 2 hours doing nothing is rubbish at least no college tomorrow :p

I hate open campus (meaning we have multiple buildings for classes) on days like these... hot and humid. Seriously.

At least we had Chipotle and Cici's visit today so we could have fun eating their foods. ICE CREAM YEAH~