• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

I disagree, if we have everyone conform then they’ll get everyone into a centralized location and it’ll be easier to take hostages and harder to protect the unoscillated. I think to minimize casualties you gotta have some people confront and stall them now while they’re outside of the school and have others work on evacuating students
All the students in the school are in the backfield right now. We're all already in one centralized location that is easy to take hostages from.

But we don't know where the rest of the gang is, we don't know how powerful they are, we don't know how many of them there are, etc.
Yeah but they don’t know ours either. Right now it’s as close to even as it’s ever gonna be, if you let them take control we’re at a disadvantage for the rest of it. Any compliance is letting them gain an advantage, and even if we can’t claim the advantage ourselves the best thing we can do is disrupt their plan

Yeah but they don’t know ours either. Right now it’s as close to even as it’s ever gonna be, if you let them take control we’re at a disadvantage for the rest of it. Any compliance is letting them gain an advantage, and even if we can’t claim the advantage ourselves the best thing we can do is disrupt their plan
This gang doesn't at all strike me as the naive type, so there's no way they wouldn't have accounted for the fact that some of the students might have transformed too. For all we know they could have gang members with machine guns aimed at the crowd just in case some of us want to do something we might regret. There's way too many unknown variables right now, so the best bet would be to hunker down and not waste our energy or lives.

This gang doesn't at all strike me as the naive type, so there's no way they wouldn't have accounted for the fact that some of the students might have transformed too. For all we know they could have gang members with machine guns aimed at the crowd just in case some of us want to do something we might regret. There's way too many unknown variables right now, so the best bet would be to hunker down and not waste our energy or lives.
The machine guns are still gonna be pointed at us if we conform. The only leverage they have is the unoscillated, so you try to save as many as you can but you gotta accept there’s no way there isn’t casualties. Don’t underestimate Kyuu, there’s not gonna be an easy way out

The machine guns are gonna be pointed at us either way. The only leverage they have is the unoscillated, so you try to save as many as you can but you gotta accept there’s no way there isn’t casualties. Don’t underestimate Kyuu, there’s not gonna be an easy way out
We also have to keep in mind that the gang isn't the only thing we have to worry about. The advantage of being writers that have an outside perspective on the events unfolding in our story is that we can be completely level headed in our planning. Lemme ask you a question. What typically follows after the first responders when a big event like a school being besieged by a gang happens?

There actually is a way to save everyone with no casualties. Though it will require more than just the Ocs themselves.

It was suggested before by Soul and it's a very good idea, to cooperate with the Police and try to work out a two-pronged plan. The Police can handle the evacuation and the Ocs can handle keeping the gang in check.

There actually is a way to save everyone with no casualties. Though it will require more than just the Ocs themselves.

It was suggested before by Soul and it's a very good idea, to cooperate with the Police and try to work out a two-pronged plan. The Police can handle the evacuation and the Ocs can handle keeping the gang in check.
I stand by the claim that the best bet would be to submit to the gang in the short term. Submitting to the gang doesn't mean we're helpless, just biding our time. Then we could find a way to cooperate with the police.

We also have to keep in mind that the gang isn't the only thing we have to worry about. The advantage of being writers that have an outside perspective on the events unfolding in our story is that we can be completely level headed in our planning. Lemme ask you a question. What typically follows after the first responders when a big event like a school being besieged by a gang happens?
Military aid doesn’t do any good if they’re holding us hostage. They still have leverage. And besides, I don’t wanna use an outside level headed perspective xD, that ruins the whole point of rping. I think characters should do what is in line with their personality and let the story play out, otherwise it just seems fake. A story without any losses or tragedy is just too convenient.

Military aid doesn’t do any good if they’re holding us hostage. They still have leverage. And besides, I don’t wanna use an outside level headed perspective xD, that ruins the whole point of rping. I think characters should do what is in line with their personality and let the story play out, otherwise it just seems fake. A story without any losses or tragedy is just too convenient.
This is something that my OC would be able to work out as well with the personality I've crafted for him. It's the news vans that follow. And it definitely wouldn't be a good look for us if our classmates were gunned down because we were too impatient to wait for the adults to save us. Even though we are capable of saving ourselves, we would likely be painted as reckless and as the reason our classmates were killed by the gang.

This is something that my OC would be able to work out as well with the personality I've crafted for him. It's the news vans that follow. And it definitely wouldn't be a good look for us if our classmates were gunned down because we were too impatient to wait for the adults to save us. Even though we are capable of saving ourselves, we would likely be painted as reckless and as the reason our classmates were killed by the gang.
You would fault kids in a school shooting for trying to run? And it’s not like we want people to die, but it makes sense that it would happen

You would fault kids in a school shooting for trying to run? And it’s not like we want people to die, but it makes sense that it would happen
At my school at least they tell us to follow the shooting drill to the letter or else we get expelled. I'm not really in the mood to start arguing about the media's ethics, I'm just stating a possible outcome of a decision to fight right at this moment.

The fear of death is very real, especially for the normal people who have next to zero chance of outrunning a bullet. Some of them might be willing to risk booking it into the strange glowing mist, but then again, that is some pretty strange mist with glowing fireballs in it, so many people might not be all for that.

However, keep in mind unanimous agreement is not needed. You have plenty of characters and its perfectly natural for them not to agree. If you all settle on different plans, or fracture into smaller groups, then that's perfectly fine!

Just don't be like @Sky_ and try blowing up the gas-main or otherwise executing a plan that would surely kill hundreds of people.

At my school at least they tell us to follow the shooting drill to the letter or else we get expelled. I'm not really in the mood to start arguing about the media's ethics, I'm just stating a possible outcome of a decision to fight right at this moment.
Yeah if it’s anything like mine was the shooting drills protocol is to turn off the lights and wait... basically turning you into sitting ducks. I’d rather take my chances running or fighting than sitting and hoping someone else will save me, cause if they don’t I’m just waiting to be killed. I would be totally okay with getting expelled if the alternative is death, and I highly doubt they would actually expel someone for running from a school shooter, if they did I guarantee that school would face huge backlash.

Additionally, this isn’t like a school shooting, a school shooter wants to kill you, these guys don’t. If they kill everyone now they lose all their leverage for a ransom, so if they’re smart they’ll try to take hostages without actually killing anyone even if we try to flee. The second they kill someone they’re signing up for the military or FBI to swoop in.

Also to note, Colt hasn’t read the letters so he’s gonna be acting without that info.

Yeah if it’s anything like mine was the shooting drills protocol is to turn off the lights and wait... basically turning you into sitting ducks. I’d rather take my chances running or fighting than sitting and hoping someone else will save me, cause if they don’t I’m just waiting to be killed. I would be totally okay with getting expelled if the alternative is death, and I highly doubt they would actually expel someone for running from a school shooter, if they did I guarantee that school would face huge backlash.

Additionally, this isn’t like a school shooting, a school shooter wants to kill you, these guys don’t. If they kill everyone now they lose all their leverage for a ransom, so if they’re smart they’ll try to take hostages without actually killing anyone even if we try to flee. The second they kill someone they’re signing up for the military or FBI to swoop in.

Also to note, Colt hasn’t read the letters so he’s gonna be acting without that info.
Marcus hasn't read the letters either, though talking to Catherine's group is his new main priority.

Hard to think of ideas on what to have Adrian do among everything that happens with the hostage situation other than merely wait, although if anyone dies, it's like gonna make him angry... and hungry.

Also, I understand the thing with killing hostages means losing leverage, but I remember Zola's notes saying something about "What could be worse than death?"

That's also another solid point, some members of the OC crew are acting with a lot more information than others. Do feel free to react naturally.

As mango pointed out the gang isn't there to kill people at random. They're willing to kill, but only as a last resort.
Hard to think of ideas on what to have Adrian do among everything that happens with the hostage situation other than merely wait, although if anyone dies, it's like gonna make him angry... and hungry.

Also, I understand the thing with killing hostages means losing leverage, but I remember Zola's notes saying something about "What could be worse than death?"
Ink has actually already figured out the hidden meanings in the letters, and his theory was correct.

Marcus hasn't read the letters either, though talking to Catherine's group is his new main priority.
Talking to them now is gonna be kinda hard xD. My vote is someone calls the police, one group focuses on stalling the main group at the gate while the other tries to protect the non oscillated and flee if there’s an opportunity. The letter already confirmed that we were unable to protect everyone when we fought them after being taken hostage, so that’s gonna stay consistent either way. If we start the fight now it’s damage control until the police arrive, the police aren’t gonna be able to do much if we’re already hostages.

I'll also point out that I won't be going out of the way to punish you for mistakes. Since you're going in blind, you'll have the chance to make mistakes and the rework your plans. You've got three days worth of time according to the letters, so don't over-stress by trying to device the perfect plan on the first try.

This gang has a different approach from the first gang, most notably their leader isn't packing the power to blow up a classroom.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Just dropping this here because I had time to make a more accurate list of Sam's abilities and I wanted to share it.
Name: Sam Sympmækyr
Character System: Mythickin Melodic Siren
Type: Mythickin
Race: Siren
Kind: Melodic
Falcon Vision (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: 210°) Active Cluster Set, Physical-Type. This includes three sets of interchangeable vision types for different situations.
Deadeye (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: 210°/2 miles) Active, Physical-Type. Allows Sam to hyper-focus on minuscule items up to a mile away. Can be stacked with Ultraviolet Sense and Protective Lens.
Ultraviolet Sense (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: 210°) Active, Physical-Type. Allows her to switch her vision to see Ultraviolet light. This can be used for tracking enemies and noticing certain imperceptible details. Can be stacked with Deadeye and Protective Lens
Protective Lens (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: 210°) Active, Physical-Type. Gives Sam an extra, Translucent eyelid that protects her eyes from dust or drying out, while still allowing her to use her vision abilities. They essentially act as a pair of goggles for flying at high speeds.
Falcon Talons (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Physical-Type. When Sam oscillated, her legs were replaced by those of bird legs with sharp talons, the equivalent of three razor-sharp knives at the end of her feet. Her legs are noticeably stronger than the rest of her body.
Wings of Demeter (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Physical-Type. Sam was given a pair of wings with her transformation that grants her the ability of flight. Her wings take little to no effort to take off, and she can fly at above-average speeds and long distances with little fatigue.
Sky Drop (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: 10 minutes; Range: N/A) Active, Physical-Type. Sam’s wings and abilities are very similar to that of a falcon, and as such she can use a diving technique that allows her to drop in altitude by shifting her wings in the blink of an eye, increasing her own speed and power by one stage for ten minutes or until she slows down.
Seductive Beauty (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Control-Type. Sam's new form has given her a beautiful body that many will not be able to help but admire, making them naturally want to help her. They would not do anything that would be against their nature, but they will want to go out of their way to help her when she needs it.
Sirene Manipulation (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Reactive-Type. Sam’s transformation enhanced her already lazy nature. She now has a tendency to get others to do things for her and will manipulate them in order to get her way; however, she is still capable of doing things on her own, it is just more difficult for her to make herself do things than it was before.
Feminine Desires (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Reactive-Type. Sam has new desires that fit her new body. He now cares about her appearance a lot more and feels uncomfortable when she doesn’t feel presentable. It has also heightened her internal love for all genders that she wasn’t aware she had before.
Vocal Depth (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 5% every hour without drinking water; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Melodic-Type. The source of many of Sam’s abilities comes from her Vocal Depth. This can be replenished by keeping the voice hydrated and well maintained. If it drops below 25% Sam will become very hoarse and her abilities will become mostly ineffective. If it drops to zero, Sam will become effectively mute.
Vocal Conductor (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Active Cluster Set, Melodic-Type. Includes the basic controlling abilities of a Siren.
Hypnotizing Song (Cooldown: 30 Minutes; Cost: 10%; Duration: 1 hour (can be upgraded); Range: 100 Yards Max (can be upgraded)) Active, Control-Type. Allows Sam to take full control of someone to do her bidding by having them listen to her song. They are still aware of their actions in this state, but all of their desire is taken over by Sam’s will. At the moment, this skill can only affect one to two people max at one time.
Fated Lyrics (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Melodic-Type. If someone trapped in Hypnotizing Song is able to break out of her control before the duration is up by any means, Sam will feel incredibly ill.
Soothing Sounds (Cooldown: 1 Hour; Cost: 5%; Duration: N/A; Range: 100 Yards Max (can be upgraded)) Passive, Control-Type. Sam’s song can be used to calm down the mental states of others around her. Any ailments affecting their mental states will be heavily sedated and possibly, depending on the strength of their mental affliction, completely negated.
Audiographic Memory (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Melodic-Type. Sam has an acute memory of sounds she has heard before. She can reproduce pitch and rhythm with ease, this also allows her to remember certain vocal patterns and environmental sounds.
Instrumental Prowess (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Melodic-Type. Sam is able to learn to play any instrument with ease. Often times, if she can see the instrument played correctly once, she can understand how to play it. Playing an instrument while singing will give a slight boost to her Control-Type Abilities.
Muses' Competition (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Passive, Reactive-Type. If she hears music that others might feel is more beautiful than her own, she has an instinctual need to outshine them. She has a sense of pride in her music that cannot easily be overcome.

Last edited:
This is one of em fancy-smancy character sheets that are all the rage. This is based on the more detailed character sheets found inside the book itself. Those character sheets are remarkably more complex and thus they are completely unnecessary for the RP itself. They're mostly for fun, or if you want to give a better understanding of how your character's skills function.
Character System: Mythickin Infernal Nekomata
Type: Mythickin
Race: Nekomata
Type: Infernal

BASE INFERNAL NEKOMATA TREE SKILL

SAVANNAH’S SONAR: { PASSIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: 1 Mile/48 HZ – 85 KHZ }
Affect’s the effective hearing range of Catherine’s ears. Catherine can hear ultrasound.

FILTER: ( PASSIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A }
Allows Catherine to filter out and focus on the sounds within her range.

PIN-POINT PRECISION: { PASSIVE-REACTIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE; 50M }
Catherine’s ears can swivel independently, determining within 3 centimetres, the location of a sound.
NIGHT SIGHT: { PASSIVE-REACTIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: FIELD OF VIEW (200°) }
Catherine’s pupils will automatically adjust for light conditions, allowing her to see clearly even in low-light conditions. However, her precise vision is terrible, rendering Catherine short-sighted.

NICTITATING MEMBRANE: { ACTIVE-REACTIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE; N/A }
A translucent membrane that acts as a second eyelid, protecting her eyes from damage.
BASE SMELL: {PASSIVE; BIOLOGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A }
Catherine has a sensitive nose that can, with extreme accuracy, differentiate between scents.

VIBRISSAE: { PASSIVE-REACTIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE; 1M }
Catherine possesses extremely sensitive whiskers capable to reading the vibrations in air directly in-front of her.
ODOROUS TOUCH { ACTIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: 7 DAYS; RANGE; TOUCH }
Catherine’s ‘paws’ are lined with scent glands which can be used to leave her scent on things. This scent can be washed off.

WELL-CONNECTED { PASSIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: TOUCH }
An overlapping supply of blood vessels, tissue and nerve endings provides Catherine’s paws with shock-absorption, balance, cushioning, insulation and tactile information.
SPIRITUAL AWARENESS {PASSIVE; MAGICAL TYPE ; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: SENSORY-RANGE }
Nekomata are able to sense and communicate with the deceased.

GHOST-FIRE { ACTIVE; MAGICAL TYPE (FIRE/UNHOLY) ; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: ; RANGE: VARIABLE }
Nekomata possess the ability to wield ghastly flames.

NECROMANCY { ACTIVE; MAGICAL TYPE (UNDEAD); COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: }
By jumping over a corpse, the Nekomata is said to be able to reanimate it, and control the zombie through ritualistic dance.

HAUNTED MALEVOLENCE { PASSIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A}
Nekomata are cruel and vindictive creatures, taking revenge for the slightest offense and pleasuring in tormenting their enemies. They are more prone to acts of cruelty, vengeance, and maliciousness.

UNNERVE {ACTIVE AURA LINK; COOLDOWN: N/A; COST: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE; N/A}
Allows Catherine to harness her malevolence and project it outward to unnerve opponents.
FERAL APPETITE { PASSIVE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A}
Bakeneko can safely eat virtually anything no matter how decayed, poisonous, or unhealthy it may seem. Their favourite food is in fact, snake venom.

SHAPESHIFTING { ACTIVE; MAGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A}
Bakeneko can shapeshift, changing their size and appearance, however, they can only take the form of humans or cats.

FLIGHT {ACTIVE; MAGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A}
Bakeneko are capable of flight.

DREAM WALKER {ACTIVE; MAGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: UNTIL BROKEN; RANGE: N/A}
It’s said that Bakeneko can enter the dreams of others.

CAITSITH LULLABY {ACTIVE; MAGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: VOCAL}
The Nekomata is reputed to use a strange form of sorcery to lull opponents to sleep, though it can be resisted by intense pain or stimuli.

POSSESSION {ACTIVE; MAGICAL-TYPE; COOLDOWN: N/A; DURATION: N/A; RANGE: N/A}
Nekomata can impose their spirit on others, usually normal humans, possessing them temporarily.

If you want to make a character sheet like this, you can refer to these two chapters:

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/73112-undying-empire/chapter/165752/ (Undying Empire - B1 — 40. The System | Scribble Hub)

https://www.scribblehub.com/read/17467-the-oscillation/chapter/64155/ (The Oscillation - B2 — 14. The System Sheet | Scribble Hub)

For just the explanation on skills see:
The Tree System: appears to function in a variety of different ways, and there are many different branches within it. They could be considered skills, talents, spells, abilities, but they all have some kind of power attached to them. Fiona proposed this thought:

• Trees: are our base, they function as the roots of all our abilities, and they seem to extend into multiple branches, such as Fiona’s different Elemental Branches.
  • Branches: operate in a tier list that chains to different abilities and can branch into smaller branches that house leaves.
  • Leaves: are individual abilities that are a part of Cluster Sets or abilities that all fall under a particular skill.
  • Cluster Sets: are abilities that fall under a parent skill; they appear to require the mother skill to be a certain level to continue leveling the branching skills. It’s like a single skill that chains into multiple paths.
  • Chain Skills: are skills that upgrade to stronger spells if advanced in a sequence. Chain Skills can be in Cluster Sets.
  • Link Skills: are abilities that can bridge to create something stronger, combining skills.
  • Racial Skills: are skills that are given to us based on our Race; they’re naturally given, and we don’t know what will happen if we level them up.
  • Stock Skills: charge depending on certain criteria, and usually have a maximum capacity.
  • Channeling Skills: are abilities that may take time to complete. If it is interrupted, then you’ll be out of your energy and the ability won’t be activated.
  • Charging Skills: differ from channeling in that they don’t need to complete their cast to activate. If you wish to get the full effects, then you should wait, but it can be shot off at any time; however, it will cost the same base amount, and are usually a lot more costly than other types of abilities.
  • Sub Effects: are additions that appear to be gained upon leveling up skills.
  • Aura Skills: activate in a globe around the caster and affect everyone, friend and foe alike.
  • States: seem to be in a class of their own. These forms are less of a skill and more of a literal change that comes over us. Currently, only Scarlet and Fiona appear to have them.
Types of Activations:

• Active: skills are the standard self-activated spell that requires your desire to use.
  • Passive: skills are always in effect.
  • Reactive: skills are only in effect if certain criteria are met; this is the type to highlight since it is connected to a particular event.

Please refer to the chapters themselves or either my or Snuck's character sheet for example. If you have any questions feel free to tag me.

Updated stats/skill tree.
--------------------------
Name: Marcus Kosika
Character System: Legendkin Archangel Raphael
----------
Stats
----------
Force:

• Power: Average
  • Strength: Average
Defense:
  • Toughness: Average
  • Resilience: Low
Dexterity:
  • Speed: High
  • Agility: High
  • Quickness: High
Energy:
  • Constitution: Above Average
  • Stamina: Above Average
  • Endurance: Above Average
Tenacity:
  • Elemental Resistances: Low
  • Physical Resistances: Below Average
  • Control Resistances: Extremely High
  • Penetration: Very Low
----------
Abilities
----------

Base Legendkin (Type) Abilities: Skills gained through being a Legendkin, which means every person of the same Type can gain these Type-Specific Abilities.

True Sight I (Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Reactive Skill, Penetration-Type, Level One, Novice, Rank Zero. The ability to see through the lowest tier of illusions.

----------
Base Archangel (Class) Abilities:
----------
Divine Pool:
Pool of energy that Marcus draws from when using any Holy abilities. Sleeping will regenerate the pool at roughly 10% per hour of sleep, but prayer/meditation will regenerate the pool at a rate of roughly 15% per hour. The Pool will also naturally regenerate at a rate of 0.01% per minute.
----------
Sound Mind (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Marcus is extremely resistant to any ability that would alter his state of mind (Demoralization, memory clouding, etc.)

Calming Touch (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 2.5% of Divine Pool; Duration: 30 minutes; Range: Touch) Should he will it, Marcus’ touch can instantly put others at ease. With this comes a 5% increase to the recipient’s Control Resistance.

Inspirational Touch (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 2.5% of Divine Pool; Duration: 30 minutes; Range: Touch) Should he will it, Marcus’ touch can instantly inspire others. With this comes a 5% increase to the recipient’s Power and Endurance.

Archangel’s Counsel (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) When in a state of prayer or deep meditation, Marcus can consult with the other Archangels. This can take any form that communicates thought/words/actions to Marcus.
Focused Light (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 0.05% of Divine Pool per Second of Use; Duration: N/A; Range: 300 feet) When standing in direct sunlight, Marcus can absorb it and form it into beams of energy. These beams are like a highly focused magnifying glass, and are incredibly hot to the touch.

Light’s Benefactor (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Marcus’ receives increases in Resilience by 2 tiers and Toughness by 1 tier when in direct sunlight. His Holy Pool will also regenerate at a rate of 0.01% per second.
Archangel’s Senses (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Marcus' senses are incredibly enhanced, to the point that he can hear the blood flowing and feel the vibrations from the heartbeat of a person standing about 20 feet away. [Senses currently dampened but they will slowly increase.]

Archangel’s Wings (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A) Marcus is able to fly using his wings. The wings are incredibly strong, strong enough to lift his body off the ground, and durable enough to be used as offensive weapons. They can sustain slow flight for a considerable amount of time, and fast flight for much shorter periods.
Heaven’s Gatekeeper (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 2.5% of Holy Pool; Duration: N/A; Range: Touch) By touching a person or entity Marcus can view the entirety of their past sins, with the length of the contact determining how far back he can look. A short handshake for example would allow him to see back about 15 minutes.

Hell’s Bane (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 0.05% of Divine Pool per Second of Use [Does not stack with Satan’s Adversary]; Duration: N/A; Range: 300 feet) Marcus receives a 2 tier Penetration boost against all undead or otherwise underworld-originating entities (along with any entity whom he confirms through Heaven’s Gatekeeper has consorted with any gods of the underworld) within a 100 yard radius. [This half of ability is passive] Marcus also becomes hostile towards these individuals and has to combat a sort of bloodlust whenever he is around an ally that falls into any of these categories.
----------
Base Raphael (Legend) Abilities
----------

Life’s Touch (Cluster, Active and Passive, Holy Magic Type)

Life’s Touch (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 2.5% of Holy Pool Initially, 0.05% of Holy Pool Per Second of Use; Duration: N/A; Range: Touch) Marcus can heal any wound on any entity by touching the wound and willing it to be. This applies to internal and external wounds, with Marcus needing to touch the area around the former for it to work.

Undead’s Bane (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: Touch) Marcus’ touch will burn any undead in the same way that holy water may.

Satan’s Adversary (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: 0.05% of Holy Pool Per Second; Duration: N/A; Range: 300 feet) Marcus receives a +1 tier boost to all stats when facing a god of the underworld, and a +2 tier boost against Lucifer/Satan specifically.

Last edited:
With that the decision now lies in your hands. You can obediently follow the gangs arrangements and get split up, and in that case you'll need to find a way to communicate and coordinate with each other. You can also try to make a break for it now, if you really want to test your luck. Or, you can try some other option.

In any case, you've got 2-3 days to work out an escape. Good Luck!

Oh and on that note, you should probably decided which OCs with go to the same class. It would make things easier on you if you weren't all completely isolated.

Giving in to the hype, here's Orm's fancy character sheet. Feel free to correct me should it be OP

Character system: Legendkin Jörmungandr
Type: Legendkin
Class: World Serpent
Character: Jörmungandr
Base Jörmungandr abilities
Venom of the Midgard Serpent (Active; Cooldown: 1 day after emptying the venom glands; Cost: N/A; Duration: 5 minutes if one third of the venom gland is injected, 20 minutes if 5% of the capacity is injected; Range: Contact, exhalation range is 5 to 10 metres (16 to 32 feet) depending on the amount of venom exhaled)

An incredibly potent venom capable of taking down gods, it can also be exhaled to poison a large area. Has the unique quality of being neurotoxic, hemotoxic, myotoxic, cardiotoxic and cytotoxic all at once. The venom glands slowly create the venom over time, it takes about 8 hours to fill one third of the glands.

Shaker of Midgard (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A, Duration: 5 seconds; Range: A radius of 30 meters (98 feet) around Orm.

By biting its own tail, Orm can create tremors out of rage and pain. It starts off as a measly 2 on the Richter scale and scales accordingly with Orm's weight.

Utgard-Loki's cat (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: Indefinitely; Range: User)

Orm can transform into a fluffy white cat, shrinking him down significantly whilst still weighing as much as before. When someone picks him up by his torso, his body stretches out to an absurd length to keep his feet on the floor. Orm is not a big fan of this form.

Mortal enemy of the Aesir (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
When faced with someone who turned into an Aesir or is connected to one, Orm grows incredibly agitated. The anger scales to the obscurity of the connection and peaks when looking at Thor.
Water Traverser (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A, Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
Due to his streamlined body, Orm has no issue swimming for extended periods of time. In cold waters, this can cool him down and be detrimental to his general performance.

Endless Growth (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)

By eating food, Orm grows in size permanently. The bigger he becomes, the better quality food he needs and the more he needs of it to grow. Mythickin and Legendkin are among the best food choices, increasing his length and weight by 1.2 and 1.5 times respectively.

Forked Tongue (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)

Orm can speak to snakes, serpents and humans with ease. He can also use it to smell scents otherwise hidden to him, just like a snake. This allows him to make a 3D map in his head of the surrounding area.

Corrosive Aura (Active; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: 10 minutes Range: Radius of 10 meter (33 feet)

Orm exhales a cloud of venom that lingers around him, anyone who inhales it weakens physically. This causes a drop of 1 in Strength, Speed, Agility, Quickness, Stamina and Constitution.
Ectothermic (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)

Due to being a reptile, Orm is cold-blooded and suffers in cold environments whilst he thrives in warm environments. In areas below 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), his dexterity and endurance stats drop by 1 whilst they increase by 1 if the temperature is 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit). If he is exposed to temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius or higher (104 degrees Fahrenheit) for longer than an hour, Orm needs to find a place to cool down as to avoid overheating and potential death. In extremely high temperatures, this timer is heavily reduced.

Heat vision (Reactive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: 5 seconds, needs to be refreshed every five seconds; Range: As far as Orm can see)

By flicking his tongue past the pit organs on his upper jaw in low light levels, Orm can see in infrared as long as he keeps flicking his tongue past the organs.

Eye of the Snake (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
Gaining the eyes of a diurnal snake, Orm loses the ability to see the color red and gains a membrane to keep his eyes moisturized.

World Ending Appetite (Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
Even after a full course meal, Orm always feels atleast a little bit hungry which causes him to snap at people more often.
Poison resistance (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
Immense physical strength (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)
Tough scales (Passive; Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: N/A)

Last edited:
rework time
-------------------
Name: Kirin Lyrugia
Character System: Legendkin Draconic Bahamut
Type: Legendkin
Race: Draconic
Kind: Bahamut
Archetype: Dark/Holy

-----------
Abilities
-----------

-----------------------------------
Base Draconic (Race) Abilities
-----------------------------------

Lightning Release (Parent Skill, Active)
The user is able to generate electrical pulses of energy from anywhere on their body, absorb lightning/electricity or summon lightning strikes from the heavens above. The color of the charged particles around it (the color of the lightning) is based on the users emotions. [Blue: Indifferent, Solemn, Neutral. Red: Furious, Vengeful, Raging.] [Orange: Pressured, Intimidating, Tactful.] [Azure/Void*: Void of Remorse]
*Void = Black bolt with a white outline

Septimal Battery - Charge (Child Skill, Passive)
The user effectively becomes a walking source of energy, being able to power devices with ease. This will siphon energy from any available sources, however. Being exposed to electricity slowly reinvigorates the user. There is a limit to how much energy can be held, and has to be discharged, less the user risk spontaneously vaporizing the surrounding area.
Septimal Battery - Discharge (Child Skill, Reactive)
The user, when gathered enough energy, can release it all at once in a destructive wave of sheer pressure. The user must recharge after this, and is unable to use any fulgurokinetic skills until they can do so, as well as weakening them quite a step.

Galvanic Patch (Active Chain Skill, Child Skill)
The user can utilize their internal energy to heal themselves or others. This will help repair their damages/defibrillate someone, but it will not heal injuries, just their physical damage. (E.G. would fix your broken rib but not the pain FROM having a broken rib)

Judgement of the Thunder Lord (Child Skill, Charge Skill, Reactive)
One of the strongest fulgurokinetic skills in existence, created by Kirin himself. On the spot, in a rash, dangerous, absolutely insane test of fate.
Criteria:
  • User must fully charge the attack in one go
  • User must be at a full energy capacity
  • The attack must not be interrupted
  • User must be in a Azure or Void state
  • There has to be a fully cloudy day, blanketed over with thick stratus clouds with lightning already being ample in the area. Can be done by getting one to make clouds, and getting another to send a lot of energy into them to charge them. (E.G. blasting fire into the sky to create a pressure difference and make clouds)
The user focuses all of their energy possible into their hand, lightning excitedly crackling in the palm, as the skies rapidly cloud over with malicious, wreathing dark grey clouds that rumble with lightning. The skies get more and more intense, and the user is surrounded by hundreds of bolts of lightning. They raise their hand to the sky, uttering one, solemn word.** A vicious, primordial roar is heard from the heavens, and from the clouds, the lightning takes shape: A massive being, draconic in features and glowing in a barbarous, violent sheath of azure streams of lightning. The Draconic-like Wyrm breaks through the clouds, revealing its features in its full glory, reaching down and glaring at the target from behind the user. It roars, charged in a solemn fury, before it raises above the clouds. The user then swipes down at the enemy. The being reemerges from the clouds, heading directly at the foe. When it collides, one enormous, solemn, venerating bolt of pure lightning, void of any remorse, smites the target and much of the entire surroundings, sparing those who are innocent, and purging anyone who tried escaping judgement. the user will immediately collapse and go into a near coma until they can rest and recover. In this state, he is basically a living corpse and should probably be immediately taken out of the area and treated. Same thing happens if the move is canceled due to interruption, he drops like a sack from exhaustion almost immediately. woo more nerfs so it can get balanced

yeah i have no excuse for this one i HAD to do the haha funny reference
im serious about this skill though
if we get into deep enough shit well
everyone cover kirin he boutta smite some ass
ha jk
probably wont until we get to different worlds
unless we fuck up the gang encounter real badly i shouldn't have to use this

**when the user gets here, the move is unable to be stopped and is effectively guaranteed to hit. the thing is managing to complete the criteria and not dying in the process, which is very likely to happen due to the long setup and the fact that he cant really stop and defend himself at all during the charging process
also even though that seems pretty quick its really not
that shit got spirit bomb syndrome to the max
so yeah
balance

"Magic Missile"
The most basic form of magic there is, it is just pure kinetic energy.

Psychokinetic Shield
The user is able to create a ward around them incredibly fast at a thoughts notice, by thinking of it. not very strong at all, but will resist some calibers of bullets well and deflect swords with a little practice

Terrakinesis
Basic earth control. The user is able to manipulate earth. Mainly used to raise the ground below you for faster transportation. not really advanced enough to use offensively. Good for defense, as the user can make walls to protect from attacks.

--------------------------------
Base Bahamut (Kind) Skills
--------------------------------

Draconian Ancestry (Passive, Parent Skill)
Allows the user to communicate with Null, the Brother of Bahamut for advice. Null is able to temporarily assume control of Kirin, allowing him to use Kirin's skills more effectively, and to be a voice of reason. also keeps kirin company. Able to sense the intentions of most people. Able to communicate with many different creatures due to Bahamut's influence. Parent skill to Transformations.

Manifest Destiny (Summon-Type, Active, Child Skill)
Null can materialize into the real world to talk to others as well, but he isn't able to do much, as Null and Kirin's bond isn't strong enough to make Null able to materialize fully. Null can infer a lot about people, and if the person happens to have a guide, he can see and communicate with them. Applies to Kirin if Null is actively in control of Kirin's body. The more Null does, the more energy this skill drains.
Child Skill of Draconian Ancestry

haha name pun
thats what im going to say when im mentioning Null assuming control now
my comedy is on peak
oh yeah have the concept
following guidelines go BRRRRRRRRRRRRR
go to the spoiler below for clarification on guidelines or not i dont care at this point im just trying to get this damn thing doooooone

Aspect of Duality (State, Reactive, Child Skill)
Allows the user to undergo a transformation into a Half-Dragon, a being that is humanoid with draconic features, when criteria is met. The user becomes stronger, has great low-light vision, and are immune to sleep and paralysis effects. The transformation can be easily reverted to go back to your normal self.
Child Skill of Draconian Ancestry

yeah this is kinda what i was thinking, there weren't many other good pics so im using this
also im following guidelines wooo
this isnt my art because if you haven't noticed, it doesn't look like shit
and i don't claim it is mine
we all good?
yeah?
ok

Criteria:
Have spoken to Null (First Time Only)
Can't be Interrupted
Can't already be in Aspect of Singularity (TBAL)
Must not be in a "Out of Energy" state

too lazy to write Aspect of Singularity yet

Tempestuous Wings (Active, State)

The user gains wings. These allow the user to fly or float. The wings can cause gale-like blasts of wind when flapped in a certain way. User also gains a Tail, one that has currently committed a couple sins.

Opulent Scales (Passive, State)
The user's skin is now compromised of a smooth, incredibly tough skin-like layer of scales. It looks like human skin, but you can tell the differences. The scales are very durable, and can easily deflect melee weapons such as knives. It takes more bullets to pierce the top layer alone, but that doesn't mean the user doesn't feel the impact of every hit. While the bullets may not be breaking the skin, the sheer inertia will still damage the user's internals.

Aspect of Compassion (Passive, Parent Skill)
Bahamut was stern and very disapproving of evil, always arguing with Asgorath about his crusade against it. He accepted no excuses for evil acts, and didn't tolerate even minor offenses by evil creatures. In spite of his stance, he was also considered one of the most compassionate beings in the multiverse. He had limitless empathy for the downtrodden, the dispossessed, and the helpless.
Bahamut disdained combat, and he preferred to talk with his opponents and convince them to surrender using his legendary diplomatic skills.
Merciful Negotiator (Passive, Child Skill, Linked)
allows Kirin to be able to negotiate with people exceptionally well, often getting them to change their stance/mind entirely. Doesn't work on people with high penetration.

*note, swordsmanship branch was not updated at all
holy shit
that was pain
now to explain why kirin
who is dual type Dark/Holy
is any part dark
when bahamut is the god of all good dragons and such
well
You could say kirin naturally had a Dark Archetype before the oscillation.
when the oscillation occurred, Bahamut's Light archetype conflicted with Kirin's natural archetype
so what happened?
we got Null, the dark counterpart of Bahamut.
i did null instead of tiamat because honestly i wanna have the chance to kill tiamat
also because that's one of the reason's Kirin is off putting to be around
y'know
besides accidentally maiming people and or possibly killing them and having that sin energy just hang out round him
god this is too much effort
ok im done
i was being
slightly retarded when writing the spoilers by the way
so thats why it's written retardedly wait, is that even a word?

Last edited:
Ability update for our Will-o'-the-wisp!

PHANTOM FLAME (ACTIVE)

These user's flames have illusion-creating properties.

THE FLAME LIGHTS THE WAY (PASSIVE; SUB-Skill; LINKED)
The Wisp is said to lead travellers to either treasure or doom. A glance at the will-o’-wisp can entrance people in illusions which the wisp uses to lead them astray.

LADY LONG LEGS (PASSIVE)
A German tales tells of a will-o’ with long, lusterous legs. Grants user long, beautiful legs.

when the user gets here, the move is unable to be stopped and is effectively guaranteed to hit.
Bit of a stretch there, there are very few guaranteed moves.

Psychokinetic Shield
The user is able to create a ward around them incredibly fast at a thoughts notice, by thinking of it. not very strong at all, but will resist bullets well and deflect swords easily. Standard elemental magic tends to disperse on contact.
This is way too strong for early game.

Particularly the dispersing magic on contact bit. Given how quickly this shield can be created it has the potential to be broken.

The gang leader is indeed Sisyphus.

here's your info update:

Legendkin : Sisyphus

CHAINS OF HADES (ACTIVE)
The user manifest supernatural chains that can immobilize opponents. These chains are effective on intangible beings. The chains will automatically fade after 30 seconds once disconnected from the user.

??? (Active)

LIAR MASK (PASSIVE)
???

SISYPHEAN TASK (ACTIVE)
???

Last edited: