• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

So here are few theories, facts and questions.

Oshun is a African deity, Zola probably had to oscilate into her before the events of I will call it 'Full Oscilation' and got by her abilities divination that can predict future, but can't really see it. If we take it like that then we can't tell that we are doomed completely, cuz if there is a lot of possible futures, even if its one per 100 then we may prevail.

September 21 is an execution date and this is also two days later in rp.. But why do the gang want to kill everyone in the first place? I mean, they need to have a reason and goal, why they do this at all. Its hard for me to believe that entire group are psycho murderers. They may want something from police and goverment, but didn't receive it and then hell let loose... Or so I think.

I don't remember who (sorry), but someone mention that Odale may mean traitor if I remember correctly (if I got it wrong sorry again). If we take it that this really means 'traitor' then maybe there is traitor among us in school. I place my bet as the traitor can be one of the teachers as Zola mentiones that she, Quote the diary 'Im hardly any stronger than the teacher'.
What does it mean? Some students probably could be stronger than teachers as we aren't in primary school or anything, also comparing gang members to exacly a teacher is weird for me... I probably overthink it, but I don't know if we can deny this possibility.

Remember that most of what I said is just a theory that may or may not be true.

Oshun is a African deity
You might find something about that if you get more specific.

But why do the gang want to kill everyone in the first place? I mean, they need to have a reason and goal, why they do this at all. Its hard for me to believe that entire group are psycho murderers. They may want something from police and goverment, but didn't receive it and then hell let loose... Or so I think.
Maybe you should combine both letters?

Also I think I forgot to state it explicitly but:
Haunted Malevolence (Passive)
Nekomata are cruel and vindictive creatures, taking revenge for the slightest offense and pleasuring in tormenting their enemies. They are more prone to acts of cruelty, vengeance, and maliciousness.
The Oscillation generally changes people's nature, so if you get a legend/myth known for being a psycho murderer then you might be more likely to do psycho murders.

You might find something about that if you get more specific.
I didn't get more specific cuz I didn't got much time to check completely yet.
Maybe you should combine both letters
Honestly I didn't remember well first letter abd got hard time searching for it now, but it makes lots of sense.
Also Odale at the end of first letter... It mentions they took the teacher and no one see him later...
-
Ọṣun, is an Orisha, a spirit, a deity, or a goddess that reflects one of the manifestations of the Yorùbá Supreme Being in the Ifá oral tradition and Yoruba-based religions of West Africa. She is one of the most popular and venerated Orishas. Oshun is an important river deity among the Yorùbá people. She is the goddess of divinity, femininity, fertility, beauty and love. She is connected to destiny and divination.- Quotes wikipedia.

Find something.. Find something...

People, back me up a bit with your ideas, I just woke up and barely think now XD
Here is Oshun wiki btw...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oshun (Oshun - Wikipedia)

Hold on. Everyone's supposed to be gathering at the field were Catherine, Jonah, and Erik currently are, so if you could make slight edits to your post to have your characters here instead of in the cafeteria. I'd like everyone to be in one place so we don't have to repeat the same thing too many times to different OCs.
@Inkscape @Gamingfan
oop that slipped my mind
ill do an edit

sSoul

Previously Swirled
But why do the gang want to kill everyone in the first place? I mean, they need to have a reason and goal, why they do this at all. Its hard for me to believe that entire group are psycho murderers. They may want something from police and goverment
I remember Kyuu stating in the discord thread that the gang want a ton of money and free passage out of the country(so they can avoid being tried in court for their crimes). I believe Execution Day is the deadline for the authorities to supply said money and passage with the execution of the students being held as punishment if the authorities refuse to comply.

The Letter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday

5:45 PM

September 20, 2018

Dear Diary,

I don't know what's happening...I was having lunch on the roof but then the sky...it broke! Cracks appeared spilling multi-colored light and it...it changed people...it changed...me. People are calling it The Oscillation. That was yesterday; but, since then I've been living with constant migraines, these stupid visions, and those voices...Ugh, It's driving me crazy!

It was all fine at the start. Sure, it was a little crazy what with people sprouting tails and scales like some kinda monster mash-up party, but the teachers had it under control. Those of us, the ones who were changed, they made us gather in the gymnasium while the other students went to their homerooms for attendance. There were over a hundred of us changed in all, even a few of the teachers had been changed. It was like straight out of a movie. There were Mermaids, Dwarves, Fairies, and even one guy who said he was a Goblin; green, gnarled, and—Ew!

Anyway, things were fine until they came. They barged through the school gates and trapped us here. They said they were a local gang and clearly, they'd also been changed. It gave them confidence, enough that they attacked the school and took us hostage. They've been keeping the authorities at bay by threatening us, trying to negotiate a ransom fee and safe passage out of the country but…negotiations don't seem to be going well.

That isn't the worst of it, though. I heard the teachers whispering; we're almost out of food, we’ll run out by tomorrow. those thugs are starting to get violent. One of the teachers tried to talk to them yesterday, but they took him somewhere. No one's seen him since...

There are people saying that they killed him, but I don't think so. I don't know how, but I can feel it...I think. He's not dead but something...worse. What could be worse than being dead though?

…ọ̀dàlẹ̀? What was that?

Ugh, nothing makes sense anymore…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dairy Entry 02: The Truth and the LightTuesday
9:45 PM
September 20, 2018

Oshun…that’s who I am now: Lover, Protector, and a well-spring of sweet water.

The Gang announced our execution date. It’s tomorrow. If they authorities don’t capitulate to their demands by tomorrow, then they’ll kill all of us. They seemed to take a vile pleasure in our distress. The teachers protested, but there was nothing they could do before the Gang’s power. The only ones that stood a chance were the other changed, the Oscillated. They had a brawl in the school but…it didn’t go too well. They couldn’t fight the Gang and protect all of us at the same time. I wanted to help; but, I’m not a fighter. I’m hardly any stronger than Teachers; no where near strong enough to fight against one of the Gang members.

I’m not useless though. I’m not too good at it yet, but I can use divination. It’s not as good as seeing the future, but it’s still useful. I’ve been using my divination to help plan our escape but…something feels off. I can’t tell what it is but it feels like…we’re doomed to fail. The teacher’s say I’m just overthinking it but…maybe I should do something just in case?

If I can divine the future could I manage to send a message to the past? If we had a heads-up I’m sure we could work something out together…

These are your two hints from the future. I should note that the future is not pre-determined. The future described in the letter will only happen if you do the same thing that your 'future selves' did. The idea of the letters is to give the characters a heads-up so they can start thinking about ways to avoid said future.

A number of people have already figured out the general plot of this first arc, so I'd advise adding those theories in the RP itself so the characters have an idea of what they're working with.

Hello! I'm gonna be joining late. Some of you might remember this character from the original (though there are a few adjustments)​

Name: Colt Zephyr (often called ‘Z’ by close friends)

Physical Features: Colt has messy brown hair that covers his bushy eyebrows and similarly brown eyes. His half Asian descent shows through in the tan that covers his toned muscles. He stands at about 6’0 and weighs 185.

Appearance: Though Colt does not attempt to show off his wealth, his parents insist on buying him exclusively high end items so he comes off as somewhat of a rich boy with an almost celebrity clothing style. He typically wears his turtle shell glasses and white gold watch that he inherited from his Uncle, the rest of his wardrobe stays pretty consistent as it is loaded almost exclusively with baggy designer hoodies, comfy sweater-shorts, and an assortment of high end sneakers.

Personality/Backstory: As a result of his parents’ divorce, Colt has found himself as one of the newest transfers to this high school. Though in his first day he may seem like a quieter kid who keeps to himself, that is simply because he takes a little bit to become comfortable in a new setting. In fact, at his old school he was one of the most well liked kids as a result of his intoxicating carefree, kind, and silly personality and his ability to be friends with almost anyone as he was not only the breakout star of their football team as a college bound wide receiver but also found himself at the tops of class rank. His high intelligence could be considered a waste as he never seems to put forth any effort and has a general lack of motivation to succeed in what he deems an arbitrary and meaningless system, missing around half the school days each year. Still despite his lack of effort, he has succeeded in taking the maximum amount of allowed AP courses and has rarely dipped below an A despite his almost complete absence of studying or doing homework.

From an outside perspective, Colt could be viewed as somebody who has it all: athleticism, money, and intelligence, but he constantly gets in his own way and has many unseen problems. Colt is actually the “dumb” one in his family and despite his own athletic achievements, is still falling behind the trail his brother left. So he adopted his carefree persona in an attempt to cope with the fact that his family would never be as proud of him for his successes. This has led him to feel very internally conflicted, feeling like he’s trapped as he is envied at school but frowned upon at home. Despite being popular with the masses, Colt only has a few he truly considers a friend and is fiercely loyal to that select group.

Kinship: Legendkin
Myth/Legend: Boreas

Physical Features: Not much changed for Colt after inheriting Boreas, the only minor difference is the tips of his hair freezing and turning white, quite literally giving him frosted tips.

Appearance: [Optional]
Inheriting Boreas fixed most of his physical flaws so he now no longer has a need for his glasses, the rest of his look has basically remained the same although frost can be seen forming around the edges of his clothing.

Personality: Inheriting the god of the north wind and winter made Colt even more carefree and cool headed.

Mythos: Boreas, the Greek god of the North Wind and Winter

The North Wind (Active)- Colt can create and control icy winds, giving him the ability to fly at great speeds and conjure blizzards
God of Winter (Active)- Colt can freeze anything he touches and can conjure ice as snow, passively causes him to frost things he is in contact with for a long time
Aurora (Active)- Colt has the ability to turn himself into snow or wind, rendering himself completely intangible and invisible. Can have a teleportation-like effect
Force

Power: Very High

Strength: Above Average

Defense

Toughness: Above Average

Resilience: Above Average

Dexterity

Speed: Extremely High

Agility: Extremely High

Quickness: Very High

Energy

Constitution: Above Average

Stamina: Above Average

Endurance: High

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Above Average

Control Resistances: Average

Penetration: Above Average

Last edited:
what in the hell is it with gods/creatures having the trifecta of wind, rain and fire or fire, wind and lightning
also another person to add to the list who would be uncomfortable around kirin fun
now that im thinking about it kirin would off put a lot of people purely for being draconic and belonging (mostly) to the dark archetype
and now we have one more person who can heal...
why does this character's abilities feel real close to a mix between Erik's and Kirin's?
reeeal similar
like enough to make some of kirin's moveset
but dont take that as like jealousy
just something i noticed

what in the hell is it with gods/creatures having the trifecta of wind, rain and fire or fire, wind and lightning
also another person to add to the list who would be uncomfortable around kirin fun
now that im thinking about it kirin would off put a lot of people purely for being draconic and belonging (mostly) to the dark archetype
why does this character's abilities feel real close to a mix between Erik's and Kirin's?
reeeal similar
just something i noticed
Sorry haha I didn’t mean to copy anyone, in fact I haven’t even gotten around to reading most abilities. This character was actually the first bio posted in the original oscillation so any repetition is purely coincidental. If there are a lot with similar powers I’m happy to change his mythos

reeeal similar
just something i noticed
Deities in mythos usually explain some kind of natural phenomena, and as fate would have it, a lot of people choose deities who's domain is weather. Hence you have the same trifecta of powers: Water, Wind, Lightning, i.e. a storm.

It's very common because weather is universal across mythologies.

You can add a ton more to the list: Zeus, Susano, Indra, Ryujin, Quetzelcoatl, Bahamut (DnD), the Celestial King, etc.

Last edited:
While we wait for people to catch up let's talk about legendary items that characters might get later on in the story.

For Catherine I'm going to double down on the ideas that already float around the Nekomata's myth, cat-iness and death.

So I have two items in mind. The first being a choker in the shape of an Egyptian Ankh, probably belonging to Sekhmet, the Leonid goddess of war/slaughter, responsible for guiding Pharaohs to the underworld. It will probably some additional Power and maybe a few abilities once I get some more research done on Sekhmet.

The second item I haven't decided on yet, though I'd like it to be related to some death god. I'm still looking around for possible items that would fit Catherine's style.

Alright I changed my legend to Sigurd so it’s different from everyone else
Bro. I'm playing Kriemhild/Gudrun legendkin. You know, Sigurd/Siegfried's wife?

I uh...this will be something interesting!! Ahaha.

Should we run this by Fate rules, where the two are technically different? So Sigurd and Siegfried aren't necessarily the same person, and neither is Gudrun and Kriemhild? I referred to his sword as "Balmung" whilst you referred to it as "Gram", for example. But they are basically the same sword. Either way it's an interesting dynamic to come, haha.

As far as legendary items go, I want to have Marcus collect all three of the Archangels' halos (possibly four even though Azrael generally isn't considered one of the Archangels in Christian canon). Each halo would grant new sets of abilities corresponding to their respective Archangel.

Raphael's: Boosts Marcus' healing ability and grants him access to the Seraphim form. With this form comes stronger wings and the addition of four smaller wings that aid in flight maneuvers similar to how animals use their tails to aid them in changing direction and keeping balance while running.

Gabriel's: Grants Marcus the Telepathy ability, allowing him to read a person's mind by making eye contact, to look into people's dreams, and to appear to them in visions. Not sure if I want to give him some sort of astral projection ability similar to how Luke used force projection in The Last Jedi.

Michael's: Drastically boosts Marcus combat abilities by increasing his kinesthetic sense, battlefield awareness, and physical strength and speed. He also gains an innate knowledge of weapon systems, and can instantly use any weapon he picks up (whether it be a sword or an M4) with the skill of a master.

Should we run this by Fate rules, where the two are technically different? So Sigurd and Siegfried aren't necessarily the same person, and neither is Gudrun and Kriemhild? I referred to his sword as "Balmung" whilst you referred to it as "Gram", for example. But they are basically the same sword. Either way it's an interesting dynamic to come, haha.
Oh um I didn’t even realize that... I only recognized Gudrun and didn’t realize she would be considered legendary as well xD. Idk how Gram and Balmung will work since I was gonna have him start with Gram split into two pieces like the lore

sigh... guess it’s back to the drawing board for a character

I'm interested to see what the two of you end up doing. The Norse myths can be pretty complex since there's at least five different retellings of the Sigurd/Siegfried & Kreimhild/Gudrun story. If you had joined in the original thread it would've been doubly complex because one of the Ocs was Fafnir xD

On the topic of weapons though, I was actually thinking to suggest you try to obtain Svalinn, the legendary shield. Given your tamer stats you'll want to choose your artifacts wisely to supplement whatever style of combat you get up to.

As far as legendary items go, I want to have Marcus collect all three of the Archangels' halos (possibly four even though Azrael generally isn't considered one of the Archangels in Christian canon). Each halo would grant new sets of abilities corresponding to their respective Archangel.

Raphael's: Boosts Marcus' healing ability and grants him access to the Seraphim form. With this form comes stronger wings and the addition of four smaller wings that aid in flight maneuvers similar to how animals use their tails to aid them in changing direction and keeping balance while running.

Gabriel's: Grants Marcus the Telepathy ability, allowing him to read a person's mind by making eye contact, to look into people's dreams, and to appear to them in visions. Not sure if I want to give him some sort of astral projection ability similar to how Luke used force projection in The Last Jedi.

Michael's: Drastically boosts Marcus combat abilities by increasing his kinesthetic sense, battlefield awareness, and physical strength and speed. He also gains an innate knowledge of weapon systems, and can instantly use any weapon he picks up (whether it be a sword or an M4) with the skill of a master.
An interesting array of abilities, and I roughly see where the inspiration for the abilities came from: Raphael being the healer, Gabriel being the messenger and Michael being the warrior. I believe only Michael and Gabriel are referred to in most forms of Protestant canons; but, the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic canons do have a different set of biblical books and I'm not too familiar with those.

Oh um I didn’t even realize that... I only recognized Gudrun and didn’t realize she would be considered legendary as well xD. Idk how Gram and Balmung will work since I was gonna have him start with Gram split into two pieces like the lore

sigh... guess it’s back to the drawing board for a character
No, I think this is a great idea actually! I'm pretty sure Kriemhild and Gudrun are near identical, just Kriemhild leans more Germanic Interpretation than Norse. I only have one of her items as Balmung, as she reclaimed the sword from Siegfried's (Sigurd) killer. Really, there is a lot of retellings for those two. Norse is interesting as heck, really wish there was more of it to see since most of it got destroyed by feckin' Christians. Didn't they know I needed stuff to RP about??

No, I think this is a great idea actually! I'm pretty sure Kriemhild and Gudrun are near identical, just Kriemhild leans more Germanic Interpretation than Norse. I only have one of her items as Balmung, as she reclaimed the sword from Siegfried's (Sigurd) killer. Really, there is a lot of retellings for those two. Norse is interesting as heck, really wish there was more of it to see since most of it got destroyed by feckin' Christians. Didn't they know I needed stuff to RP about??
It just seems kinda weird to have characters with basically the same weapon. It’s alright, you were first so I’ll either change or drop

I'm interested to see what the two of you end up doing. The Norse myths can be pretty complex since there's at least five different retellings of the Sigurd/Siegfried & Kreimhild/Gudrun story. If you had joined in the original thread it would've been doubly complex because one of the Ocs was Fafnir xD

On the topic of weapons though, I was actually thinking to suggest you try to obtain Svalinn, the legendary shield. Given your tamer stats you'll want to choose your artifacts wisely to supplement whatever style of combat you get up to.

An interesting array of abilities, and I roughly see where the inspiration for the abilities came from: Raphael being the healer, Gabriel being the messenger and Michael being the warrior. I believe only Michael and Gabriel are referred to in most forms of Protestant canons; but, the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic canons do have a different set of biblical books and I'm not too familiar with those.
I say Christian canon but I'm really only familiar with Roman Catholic. Gabriel and Michael are far more popular and prevalent but Raphael is still present in some stories and has feast days. Specifically I'm pretty sure he's in the Book of Tobit in the Roman Catholic Bible.

Last edited:
It just seems kinda weird to have characters with basically the same weapon. It’s alright, you were first so I’ll either change or drop
I think there's an interesting dynamic there if we make them have the same weapon. Maybe one of them finds a part of Balmung/Gram, the other finds the second piece, they reforge the blade in it's true glory? Or have it be that Balmung and Gram are serperate swords that combine into a "true" blade they can pass from one to the other. Besides, we can clearly give them weapons and tools they don't originally use, so one could have Svalinn or Aegis, and the other has a bow like Failnaught, so there's another way we can differentiate them.

I think it's ultimately up to you, but I also think there's something lovely we could come up with here.

I think there's an interesting dynamic there if we make them have the same weapon. Maybe one of them finds a part of Balmung/Gram, the other finds the second piece, they reforge the blade in it's true glory? Or have it be that Balmung and Gram are serperate swords that combine into a "true" blade they can pass from one to the other. Besides, we can clearly give them weapons and tools they don't originally use, so one could have Svalinn or Aegis, and the other has a bow like Failnaught, so there's another way we can differentiate them.

I think it's ultimately up to you, but I also think there's something lovely we could come up with here.
That is a super cool idea, I’m just not sure I’m the right rper to do it with. Personally I prefer my character to be a bit more standalone cause in this case if one of us dropped or couldn’t be as active for awhile the other would be left hanging and idk how much I’ll be able to commit in the long run so it wouldn’t be fair to you. I appreciate the offer but I’m probably gonna try to come up with something else

That is a super cool idea, I’m just not sure I’m the right rper to do it with. Personally I prefer my character to be a bit more standalone cause in this case if one of us dropped or couldn’t be as active for awhile the other would be left hanging and idk how much I’ll be able to commit in the long run so it wouldn’t be fair to you. I appreciate the offer but I’m probably gonna try to come up with something else
Well, hey, if that's what you want to do I'm all for it. Glad to see what you come up with :up:;)

Hello! I'm gonna be joining late. Some of you might remember this character from the original (though there are a few adjustments)​

Physical Features: Colt has messy brown hair that covers his bushy eyebrows and similarly brown eyes. His half Asian descent shows through in the tan that covers his toned muscles. He stands at about 6’0 and weighs 175.

Appearance: Though Colt does not attempt to show off his wealth, his parents insist on buying him exclusively high end items so he comes off as somewhat of a rich boy with an almost celebrity clothing style. He typically wears his turtle shell glasses and white gold watch that he inherited from his Uncle, the rest of his wardrobe stays pretty consistent as it is loaded almost exclusively with baggy designer hoodies, comfy sweater-shorts, and an assortment of high end sneakers.

Personality/Backstory: As a result of his parents’ divorce, Colt has found himself as one of the newest transfers to this high school. Though in his first day he may seem like a quieter kid who keeps to himself, that is simply because he takes a little bit to become comfortable in a new setting. In fact, at his old school he was one of the most well liked kids as a result of his intoxicating carefree, kind, and silly personality and his ability to be friends with almost anyone as he was not only the breakout star of their football team as a college bound wide receiver but also found himself at the tops of class rank. His high intelligence could be considered a waste as he never seems to put forth any effort and has a general lack of motivation to succeed in what he deems an arbitrary and meaningless system, missing around half the school days each year. Still despite his lack of effort, he has succeeded in taking the maximum amount of allowed AP courses and has rarely dipped below an A despite his almost complete absence of studying or doing homework.

From an outside perspective, Colt could be viewed as somebody who has it all: athleticism, money, and intelligence, but he constantly gets in his own way and has many unseen problems. Colt is actually the “dumb” one in his family and despite his own athletic achievements, is still falling behind the trail his brother left. So he adopted his carefree persona in an attempt to cope with the fact that his family would never be as proud of him for his successes. This has led him to feel very internally conflicted, feeling like he’s trapped as he is envied at school but frowned upon at home. Despite being popular with the masses, Colt only has a few he truly considers a friend and is fiercely loyal to that select group.

Kinship: Legendkin
Myth/Legend: Boreas

Physical Features: Not much changed for Colt after inheriting Boreas, the only minor difference is the tips of his hair freezing and turning white, quite literally giving him frosted tips.

Appearance: [Optional]
Inheriting Boreas fixed most of his physical flaws so he now no longer has a need for his glasses, the rest of his look has basically remained the same although frost can be seen forming around the edges of his clothing.

Personality: Inheriting Boreas did not have any direct effect on Colt's personality.

Mythos: Boreas, the Greek god of the North Wind and Winter

The North Wind (Active)- Colt can create and control icy winds, giving him the ability to fly at great speeds and conjure blizzards
God of Winter (Active)- Colt can freeze anything he touches and can conjure ice as snow, passively causes him to frost things he is in contact with for a long time
Aurora (Active)- Colt has the ability to turn himself into snow or wind, rendering himself completely intangible and invisible. Can have a teleportation-like effect
Force

Power: Very High

Strength: Above Average

Defense

Toughness: Above Average

Resilience: Above Average

Dexterity

Speed: Extremely High

Agility: Extremely High

Quickness: Very High

Energy

Constitution: Above Average

Stamina: Above Average

Endurance: High

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Above Average

Physical Resistances: Average

Control Resistances: Average

Penetration: Above Average
Alright, accepted o7

So as far as legendary items go, I plan on my character getting two for sure

It’s gonna be a set of two katanas he receives after finding the spirits of Muramasa and Masamune and they’ll each make him a blade

Masamune’s will be called
純然零
Juzenrei- absolute zero
It is a holy sword and will greatly enhance Colt’s ability to create and use ice/freezing cold winds as well as provide a buff vs unholy, undead, and demonic foes.

Muramasa’s will be called
切断霊
Setsudanrei- sword that cuts souls
It is a cursed blade that when drawn will send Colt into a berserk mode where he is filled with bloodlust and may even attack allies. It can bypass enemies’ defenses as its attacks also wound foes on a spiritual level. Colt is unable to sheath the blade until his main target is killed and will continue on a rampage until then. Also as a cursed blade it is buffed against holy foes or gods.

He won’t ever be able to dual wield since the conflicting nature of his swords will prevent one from being drawn while the other is out, so Colt will just use whichever one suits his purposes better. Juzenrei will be his go-to and Setsudanrei will be his last resort/trump card

Alrighty, they call it a discussion thread for a reason so let's get to discussing.

I think it's pretty clear that the glowing orbs are will of the wisps or some regional variant. As for whether or not the presumed leader of the gang is Oscillated, I think it's too soon to tell. Our best bet is probably to cooperate with them even if temporarily. There are way too many non-Oscillated students at play that would prove to be liabilities should we try and fight the gang.