• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Oddest Things in the Pokemon World

Jenova said:
Salamence Commander said:
Male Gardevoirs and male Gothitelles... nuff said.

Why can't they be male? In our world, there are male poodles, male peacocks, and male flamingos :p
Just because they look girly in our eyes doesn't mean that they look girly in the eyes of Pokemon.

I think it's just because they where dresses, and they were make-up and stuff. And boys don't wear dresses. :p
or do they?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still find it hard to believe that you can actually Fly around Pidgeys, Hoothoots, Spearows, Chatots, Murkrows, Togetics and all the other little birds.

Plus, I love the fact that all PokéMon using Surf turns into Lapras or Wailmer..

ok... these are the weirdest things that i think.
1. everyone is 10 and stays 10
2. noone hase dads exept bianca on b/w
3. bag space, seariosly, you can have 999 of about 200 items, and a bike!!!
4. who with a right mind would let their child at the age of 10 go out on their own with all these baddies around ???

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I've always wondered how they could ever explain how things like Magnemite and Klink are living beings. At least most of the other Pokemon look like some kind of animal or mythical creature, but gears and magnets with eyes, passing off as sentient beings, is definitely hard to comprehend.

Mikayla said:
ok... these are the weirdest things that i think.
1. everyone is 10 and stays 10
2. noone hase dads exept bianca on b/w
3. bag space, seariosly, you can have 999 of about 200 items, and a bike!!!
4. who with a right mind would let their child at the age of 10 go out on their own with all these baddies around ???
Well, also what about the whole pokedex task they give you, you're only 10 years old and you're supposed to find every kind of pokémon out there? Who in their right minds would entrust a child with that? ESPECIALLY the fact that they're only ten and wielding monsters that can destroy cities.

Where is the freaking government and don't the police has something better to do than running around at night fighting ten year olds?

Also, is there a Ms. Mime?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
No double posting please, Mouseyboy. 'Tis against the rules. If you have more to add, you need to use the 'modify button' in future. Posts have been combined this time, but next time it'll have to be a warning~

Why do people do not get surprised by legendary pokemon you catch?
And in a house of 4 people they only have kitchen tv and table, do they sleep on the floor?
you can enter anyone's house and they are always open day and night and nobody sleeps
what do people eat? (in the games)
you never see your dad (just in RSE)
mom doesn't have a name...
why do you start in the smallest remote town in the whole world?
why doesn't legendary pokemon stomp you and kill you?
why does ash haven't died with having been shocked by his pikachu like 800000 times?

When I use a pokemon like Infernape or Ampharos in a water fight, I just imagine that they're jumping around the rocks that are in the middle of the ocean. Also, who would want to watch someone poop in the pokemon anime? I don't care where the toilets are. And when I use Dive, I always imagine a big ol' bubble appearing around the pokemon and trainer.

How in the world does Lobolly send the furniture to our dreams? That is something I don't get. At least the transferring of Pokemon has some explanation through that wishing tree.

Another thing reguarding the dream world is how the Pokemon fall asleep so fast and stay asleep so long. Seriously, 5 minutes and my Pikachu was out for 2 and 1/2 days. Maybe they have the help of "The wrench of sleeping".

Another thing is how almost every Pokemon you capture seems to develope Stochholm Syndrome seconds after they're captured. How does that work?

I find it odd that world-famous researcher lives in a small town, no, village, and is ready to give out Pokemon to 10-year old kids and sends them to complete the Pokedex. Like, world-famous people don't rot in small villages. They go out in big leagues, like, capitals or something. And it also bothers me: who gives out Pokemon in other cities? If the researcher lives somewhere in tundra, then how do other kids who don't live near his home get their starters? I know anime showed that resident Nurse Joy gives them out, but how would you explain the fact most trainer don't have starter Pokemon? They have Caterpies, Weedles, Pidgeys and other Pokemon, but not starters. So does it mean that as long as you have some sort of Pokemon, you're a trainer?

PokeGirlPraure said:
So does it mean that as long as you have some sort of Pokemon, you're a trainer?

That...

I don't even.

On the subject of non-water PokeMon doing a battle in the sea; Apart from jumping on rocks, I think PokeMon are able to swim or at least float.

Stockholm Syndrome? Not really. For a Trainer, at least in-game, a PokeBall transmits the Trainer's love to the PokeMon, the same way a Ranger's Styler does.This would, of course, mean that if a PokeMon really didn't like someone, the Trainer wouldn't be able to catch him- But that would bug the game mechanics, wouldn't it?

I've always found it odd about how you need a certain badge to use a HM.

Though I guess it could be some sort of license, like you need Slutla Skyla's badge to say "Yes, I have beaten this Gym leader, I am allowed to fly on my ridiculously small Ducklett." to the Authorities.

Though it had been fixed in Gen VI and V, from Hoenn Backwards most of the Gym leaders never left their gym. You'd think their feet were nailed to the floor or something.

Daft Soul said:
PokeGirlPraure said:
So does it mean that as long as you have some sort of Pokemon, you're a trainer?

That...

I don't even.
Haha. What I meant is that if you obtain a Pokemon in any way, you're already qualified as a Trainer and you can take the Gym challenge, battle the Elite Four... And if you're only able to get your license when you're 10, someone explain Preschoolers and Youngsters to me.
Also, how do the people in Pokemon world pay for everything? There's TVs that are on the entire day, fridges, phones, PCs, PokeGears, PokeNavs... Who takes care of the networks, Internet, electricity?

Blazi said:
like you need Slutla Skyla's badge to say "Yes, I have beaten this Gym leader, I am allowed to fly on my ridiculously small Ducklett."

This made my day.

Well anyways, I think that it's rather odd that some things actually manages to live (such as Shedinja and Golurk (I think it's name is somewhat like that)

This irks me more than the furniture. What would be an in-game explanation for the materialization of Pokemon from a dream? Does Mew of that special tree wish them to life? No, there's no explanation. My best bet would be that soon the Trainer experiences a Pokemon similar to the Pokemon their Pokemon experienced, and poor associations would lead to it being the Dream Pokemon.

Secad said:
This irks me more than the furniture. What would be an in-game explanation for the materialization of Pokemon from a dream? Does Mew of that special tree wish them to life? No, there's no explanation. My best bet would be that soon the Trainer experiences a Pokemon similar to the Pokemon their Pokemon experienced, and poor associations would lead to it being the Dream Pokemon.

If I could hazard a guess, it's something akin to destiny. When you encounter the Pokemon in Entra Link, the text says that it is a Pokemon 'you saw in a dream' not exactly a Pokemon from your dream. you could interpret it as a premonition that you would eventually meet the Pokemon, and the Pokemon finds you in the Entra Link.

Blazi said:
I've always found it odd about how you need a certain badge to use a HM.

Though I guess it could be some sort of license, like you need Slutla Skyla's badge to say "Yes, I have beaten this Gym leader, I am allowed to fly on my ridiculously small Ducklett." to the Authorities.

Though it had been fixed in Gen VI and V, from Hoenn Backwards most of the Gym leaders never left their gym. You'd think their feet were nailed to the floor or something.

While this was true in past games, its interesting to note that there are no badge requirements in Unova. If you can migrate a Pokemon that already knows HMs to a new game, the HMs can be used off the bat. I moved an Oshawott with Surf over to my White Game as soon as I obtained the first badge, and was able to Surf already.

One thing that I've constantly been annoyed about the pokémon world in general, especially the anime, is how there's no such thing as a bad pokémon. I know that pokémon are often portrayed as animals acting on instincts and that the whole premise of the franchise is for people to treat pokémon as friends/equals and to try and co-exist with them. However, at the same time they have been shown to also act like sentient beings who are aware of the actions and choices they make in life, have dreams or desires, and understand morals and what is considered right or wrong.

I really hate to sound like a politically correct nut-job, since I normally criticize those kind of people, but if they're going to have pokémon act like both people and animals and to be treated as equals, it would make more sense to show that even pokémon aren't perfect and there are some that are known to have corrupt morals or personality flaws.

I'm not saying that there should be a pokémon who's a sociopath plotting world domination just for the fun of it, but it would seem more realistic (at least to me) to show pokémon that are just jerks since there are people like that. Though I'm sure there are others, I can only think of three examples that support this theory:
  • Certain pokémon in the games are given cruel or mischievous descriptions such as Purrloin or Zorua
  • The Teddiursa from the episode UnBEARable that purposely stole food, framed the other pokémon, and showed no sorrow or remorse for being a liar and a thief
  • The three Litwick from Scare at the Litwick Mansion who were shown enjoying the fact that they tried to drain TR of their life energy and lure them, Ash, Iris, and Cilan into the ghost world

I was always bugged by the ghost girls in the Pokemon games. It all started when Diamond and Pearl came out...
So, you beat Gardenia, and learn one of your Pokemon Cut. You cut the tree infront of the creepy house i the forest. You may, or may not, see a butler and a little girl as ghost.There are some fan fictions that they were Gardenias family, and that she poisoned them, and when she wanted to give them an Antidote, she was too late.. Next up - Gen V
The girl on the bridge, that you have to folow in order to get something to summon Cresselia. Why do you have to folow a creepy ghost just to get Cresselia?! " Mom, dad Abra.. is that you?".. Gah!! I just gives me the creeps..
Then there's Gen VI.. You get in the elevator, go to floor 2, and.. lights on, of on of untill you see a (ghost?)girl... behind you..walking slowly.. '' No.. you're not the one.." I know she is a hex girl, but still..

.. what is it with GameFreak and it's obssesion about dead chicks( and one butler)?!