• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Laura also saw Lis limping and such. "Yeah, are you okay?" Laura said, as she bit into her sandwich, licking her lips a bit. Laura loved Lis, as a friend, and she was concerned about her safety. Lis being popular, may have had everything Laura didn't. The looks, the boys, the girls maybe, the friends, and the awesomely dramatic stories that make people want to hang out with her. Laura wasn't exactly envious though. She was more glad, actually, which helped her realize that even though Lis was popular, Laura was still her friend, and that was all that Laura needed to be concerned.

“Just my leg, it's fine,” she replied to the limping question. “The ice is for the fever, but I'll be fine.” Lis smiled and sat herself down, a bit slowly. As she wasn't really hungry, she didn't bother grabbing her lunch before and just peacefully sat in her small group of friends.

After Laura finished her burger, she took a couple fries, eating them, and before she was about to grab more, she stopped, realizing Lis didn't have lunch with her. "Fries?" Laura asked, as a questioning for if Lis wanted any. And then Laura questioned the fever. "You have a fever and they didn't send you home to rest?" Laura asked, a bit astonished by what had happened.

Robby sat a few tables away alone, not knowing many people being at the school only for about a semester. He didn't though; he found it peaceful being by himself. He pulled out his phone and ear buds and put them in his ears as he selected his song. Buttons by The Weeks.

He pulled out his lunch from home; chicken alfredo. He stared out into space as he listened to his music, eating his lunch. "So many preps. So many high class students." With his free hand, he twirled his finger in his long thick curly hair; a habit of his. He couldn't help but to think negative thoughts all the time as he was bad at judging a book by its cover.

Lis smiled a bit, taking a few fries. “Thanks,” she said. “They offered to call home, but I didn't want them to. My parents would freak out and keep me from school for like, a week.” Nibbling on the provided food, Lis looked around, spotting an unfamiliar kid listening to music. Curiously, she tilted her heated head and looked down.

Laura nodded to Lis in understanding. Then she saw Lis looking at a boy in the cafeteria. "Oh, he's a newer kid, I bet. Never caught his name, but he's been her for about a semester." Laura said, as she told Laura about him, still looking at the curly haired boy.

“Huh.. there are so many new faces here, it's odd,” Lis murmured. Fiddling with a stray piece of grass, Lis sighed. “So, has anybody been up to anything lately?” Lis asked, unsure what to talk about.

"Well, I made a call to my parents last night. They weren't to happy to hear about my day." Laura said with a slightly sad chuckle. Then her face lit up again, before saying, "I'm going to call them again tonight, and ask if I can sign up for karate, so I have a reason to hit Henry." Laura said. Even was right, Laura needed to stick up for herself, and fight back.

"Nothing much. Realized that life at home is...kinda boring. I didn't care before, I just thought everything was boring. But ever since I've met you guys I realize just how...empty my life is outside of school." Even said, taking a moment of silence before he decided to speak.

"Thinking about trying out for one of the school teams. Have nothing better to do after school anyway. Problem is I'm not the best athlete and don't really know which sport appeals to me." Even said, voicing his desire to join a team but also some issues he's been having with the idea.

"Well, take your hobbies and personality as example. You could use that to help you. And sports arent the only after school club. There's theater, book club, musicians circle, chess club, and the nature society group." Laura said, hoping to offer him some advice.

"Nature society group?" Even asked, clearly curious. Even had always enjoyed the outdoors. In a world where his life was...rather unsatisfying the beauty of nature often served as an escape from it. Something pleasant and nice to look at to help put him at ease and reminded him of some good to come out of life.

Lis nodded slowly. "Swim club has a new opening, too,” she smiled before shuddering, recalling the events from the previous day. “But that nature group is good, too..” She paused. “You two have that counseling thing, right? Um, what's that like?” Lis asked the two who had replied.

Even decided to answer Lis' question before Laura explained the nature society group to him.

"Annoying, and for the longest time I felt it was a waste of time. Things got better after Laura was included, and some of the activities can be fun when the counselor doesn't focus on mental probing. Unfortunately that's kinda part of the job, so I have to live with it." Even said, voicing his own complaints before he thought over the "draw your dream" activity.

"I will say she is effective at her job. She's not the first counselor I've been sent to. Of the different schools I've been to, she's by far the best and actually does manage to make me open up. So I can't say she's bad at her job." Even said, being fair and pointing out some positives to come from the sessions as he explained his feelings on the subject to Lis.

“Must be nice to be able to open up,” she mumbled in a quiet voice. Clearing her throat softly, she shifted her weight again, sitting cross legged, but careful not to take up space. “Well, that sounds like a pain,” Lis smiled, looking down as she managed her headache by hoping it would go away.

As Robby finished his lunch, he noticed a girl a few tables away seem to have slightly glance at him. Not able to catch her in time looking, he quietly scoffed to himself. With a sigh, he put his empty tupperware into his backpack as Reptilia by The Strokes began to play. One of his favorites.

Out of boredom, he placed his hands in the formation as if he was playing a guitar of some sort. A bass guitar. As the song played, Robby began to air play the song, not caring much if anyone saw him air guitaring by himself.

Rico was silent as he ate his lunch, more focused on filling up his empty stomach than conversation at the moment. After finishing his apple, he turned over to Lis. "Well, I plan on joining the school Soccer team. Sounds like something I'd be good at." He then took out the form he picked up on the way out of the locker room and began filling it out. He then paused as Laura mentioned asking her parents if she could learn Karate. "Y'know, I could teach you, if ya want. Free of charge, too. I'm a black belt in Taekwondo and Capoeria, and I also know a little Brazilian Jujitsu." He then turned over to Even after finishing his form. "By the way, nice job sticking up to that punk earlier. It takes guts to challenge someone a whole head higher than you."

Lis made a little laugh through her nose, more like a sharp exhale. “I bet that'll be fun,” she said to Rico. Her eyes shifted to her wretched black boot on her leg. Once again, she glanced at the unfamiliar kid, who seemed to be holding a guitar, or at least that's what it looked like. Something intrigued her, but she sighed and brushed it off.

(I didn't realize I missed so much! Here we go...)

Laura first turned to Even. "Nature Society group is a group dealing with the outdoors. They go on certain trips sometimes, such as the Black Hills, caves, and even across states, and countries! They have you examine certain animals, and sometimes, they have a meditation prosses, to examine the world around you." Laura said. "I've tried it once already, but it wasn't exactly my thing, except for the trips. I liked the trips. You went there for about a week, and you could pack a luggage. Don't ask me where they get the money to do this." Laura said, with a slight chuckle to end her sentence. Then she turned to Lis. "I actually like the counciling! I heard that Ms. Pinto was bringing in someone new to the counciling, she whispered it under her breath one meeting. Then finally, she turned to Rico, and said, "You're a black belt? Awesome! I'm in. But I'd need times for when we'd take lessons." Laura said. As she said all of this, she had finished her fries, and started to drink her lemonade.

Even thought over what Laura said, thinking something like that was right up his ally. If nothing else, he owed it to himself to at least check it out.

"I'll look at it later, see if I'm into it. Thanks for the info." Even said to Laura before he resumed eating his sandwich.

"No problem, Even!" Laura said, as she put her lemonade down, and picked up a small vine of grapes. She popped a couple into her mouth, enjoying the sort of crunchy chew they gave off. The juice made her tongue a bit shriveled up, as a feeling, but after a sip of her lemonade, it was all good.

Lis smiled for a second before getting up. “I, uh, need to use the bathroom,” she excused herself, departing from the group and entering the school building. Her ankle had started a throbbing feeling, and it had started to hurt. On entering the bathroom, she leaned over the sink, staring at the drain for a bit. After turning the water on, she rest her palms under the cold water for it to spread. When she felt moderately cool, she splashed water on her face before drying it and turning the water off. She then exited the bathroom and into the hall.

Laura felt a sudden worry for Lis. Sure, she usually walked away from the group first, but she stuttered, and started to limp with her boot. Laura shook the feeling from her system, as she popped a couple more grapes into her mouth. Finishing the grapes, she drank more of her lemonade.

Jack finished eating and pull out his guitar. He took out his phone and put the song he was about to play on. He placed his earbuds in each ear. He strummed a bit. Then Jack turned the strumming into the song. His favorite to play, and hear. Sweet Home Alabama. He tapped his foot to the paces. He start to hum to the song.

Last edited:
Laura heard a couple strums of a guitar, from the inside of the cafeteria. It was a bit muffled, and Laura couldn't hear the humming. She recognized the soft tune as Sweet Home, Alabama, as she started to sing in her head, Sweet Home, Alabama... That was all she knew, no more words than that, but she knew the tune.

Lis, hands in her pockets came across the male who was invisibly playing the guitar. She smiled a bit, tilting her head. “What'cha listening to?” she asked, a bit playful. With her system cooling down, she felt a bit better, but still with an aching migraine.

Last edited:
(Theres no actual guitar. I was air playing)

Robby looked up from his air playing, seeing a girl standing next to him. She mouthed a question but he had no clue what she was saying. He paused his music and took out his ear buds, "I'm sorry I didn't hear you. Repeat that?" He asked her. He was almost sure it was about why was air playing, but didn't want to assume.

(I think Kageyama was talking about Jack. But I'm not one to assume. Continue)

Laura finished her drink, still somewhat waiting for Rico to answer her question about Karate times. She walked over to the garbage can, and dumped her tray, soon walking back to her place. There was about thirty minutes until next class.

(@Gamefreak1996 )

(Yeah, Yellow was correct. I can edit it so it fits however.)

Lis bit her cheek for a second. “What song are you listening to?” she repeated, making eye contact with the boy. Lis, never seeing him before, had been generally curious of him and sought out to befriend him, or at least become acquaintances.

(Wow I am so sorry lol that's embarrassing)

"Oh. Um." Robby hesitated, not prepared to meet anyone today; especially at such a time where everyone is social with their friends, "The Strokes. One of my favorite bands. What's your name?"

He wasn't great at conversation but he was gonna do his best to make atleast one friend before this school year ends.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
Just a reminder. Posts should be third person, PAST tense. FurywolfMI: What you're doing here is posting in future tense, which is not only silly, it's also grammatically inaccurate. Don't do that.

(Nah, its fine haha)

“Oh, cool. My name's Lis.. what about yours? Your name, I-I mean,” she replied, with a nervous and quiet chuckle at the end. He seemed a bit unsure of her, and she couldn't really blame him. Some popular girl with a sprained ankle suddenly asks a total stranger what they're listening to? A bit odd.

"Hmmmmm...well, how does Mondays and Wednsdays from 6:30 - 7:30 sound?" Rico asked, after giving the question some thought whilst listening to Robby play his guitar. "I'll give you directions to my place right now, if ya want." he offered.

Robby slightly smiled, glancing away avoiding eye contact, "My name is Robby. You're the first person to come up to me like this just to talk to me. So I'm still slightly thrown off guard." He confessed. He nervously tapped his foot, "Um.. do you know when the bell for lunch to end will be? Feels like we've been here forever." He said, pulling out his schedule.

“Um, it should be pretty soon,” Lis replied, fiddling with her fingers. She looked over at the open doors of the school, where a clock hung above the visible lockers. She squinted, scanning the time. “Yeah, pretty quick it should ring,” Lis said, hesitating for a second. “Nice to meet you, by the way. I'm, um, gonna go by my friends and uh, follow them I guess,” she nervously laughed. “See ya.” Lis then departed towards the group of her friends.

Laura watched Lis speaking with the new kid, nervously as well. "That time will work. And directions?" Laura asked Rico, before seeing Lis walk back to the group. "So, i saw you talking to the new kid. Is he cute?" Laura said with a sly look, having the thought that Lis liked Robby. "He seems perfect."

Lis flushed, her ears glowing red at the tips. “What? I don't know.. I haven't found anybody yet...” She said, playfully and defensive. Lis paused before asking Laura, “What about you? Seen anybody you particularly like?” She smiled and raised her eyebrow.

As Even made his way to the girls he listened to the conversation and briefly thought over that one kid who had on obvious crush on Laura, one she didn't seem to notice somehow, but kept his mouth shut for the moment not saying a word.

Laura blushed at the quirky, but normal question, in her case. "No, actually, but maybe when I know others better. I mean, I just met my first friends yesterday and today..." Laura said, thinking a little bit. Did she have a crush? Well, she had a crush on Henry when they were in middle school. Until she told him. That crush went down the drain soon. She didn't think she liked anybody yet.

'High school... Still as much of a waste of time as middle school.' Zeke sat at the cafeteria table just thinking to himself. The teachers in middle school weren't lying when they said high school would be a bit different than high school. So far he had been bombarded by useless homework assignments and had been continuously called out for no apparent reason. Zeke hadn't realized his reputation in middle school would pass on to high school. Even changing his approach from being an immature troublemaker in class to a more mature student, always pretending to be paying attention hadn't worked yet. 'What am I supposed to do?' Zeke scratched his head and continued to think.

He was suddenly blasted out of his thoughts when someone from his group that he totally forget he was sitting with asked him a question. Zeke was honestly suprised people still wanted to hang around him. He was more popular in middle school but now that he was in high school, along with his sudden change from outgoing to more reserved, he thought the other kids would think he was starting to change. Maybe it was time to change back.

"What is it?" Zeke asked in his calm but cool voice. "No! I-I was just asking if you heard what happened to Henry?" The blonde haired kid asked before rubbing his hair. "Yeah, I heard he got beat up by some new kid and friends." Another black haired kid said before taking another bite of his sandwich. "You're joking, right?" Zeke asked, not believing what he just heard. "No they're not." A bald kid told Zeke. "Apparently he had gotten beaten by this kid a couple of times already." The kid continued, looking directly at Zeke.

Zeke however, couldn't believe he hadn't heard of the news earlier. He used to know everyone and everything and now he was basically out of the loop. Either high school was way more different than he expected or Henry was starting to lose his power. After Zeke had became more reserved, there was now no one standing in Henry's way. Zeke had respect for Henry, which actually made it hard for him to believe what had happened. Maybe it was time for him to go back too being himself. Being some good kid in class was boring in itself. It was time to make school a little fun again.

The bald kid looked at Zeke and noticed a sudden change in him and grinned when he saw a smirk on Zeke's face. "Finally coming back to your senses?" The bald kid asked. Zeke turned and glared coldly at him. "Just shut you face Joe." Zeke harshly stated. Everyone in the group stayed silent for a moment before bursting into laughter. Zeke even cracked a small smile at this.

The bell suddenly rang, signaling the end of lunch. Laura then said to Rico, "You can tell me locations later." before heading off to her next class, one she dreaded most of all : Science. She walked to her locker, locker 1224, and grabbed a science book, and notebook. Then she closed the locker door, and walked all the way to class, where Ms. Lewis was waiting.