• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Laura had a peaceful sleep and awoke terribly early, at two thirty five in the morning. She rubbed her eyes, and very quietly slipped out of bed and to the porch, where she looked out over the field, where she had lay the orchids. That was her goal. To grab them and get back before anyone woke up.

Even, would remain asleep during this. Undisturbed as Laura quietly snuck away as he was busy enjoying pleasant dreams. Something that had been a rarity to Even before he met Laura.

Laura ran all the way to the orchids and delicately picked them up. Then she dashed to the house, holding the orchids against her chest. She tiptoed back into the house, and quietly grabbed a glass vase from the kitchen. She dashed upstairs, and set the vase on her nightstand as quietly as possible, before remembering to fill it with water. She walked to the kitchen and filled the vase half way, before setting the orchids in it, and bringing them back to her room. These orchids would change her life, is she used them correctly.

Last edited:
When remained asleep and oblivious, his body merely rolling to the side in his sleep as Laura's actions had not disturbed his slumber.

Last edited:
The city almost never changes with the time of day. Whether it's the sun or moon illuminating the sky, the streets are always bustling with cars and people. And while he may not seem like it, deep down, Rico was one of those people. Making his way along the streets, he entered an alley where a couple others were waiting. "Hey, hey guys! Look who it is!" one of them said, pointing at Rico. "Rico, my man, wassup? Where've you been?!"

"Sorry, Don, I've been a little busy keeping up with school." Rico answered, "So, what's the news?"

"Well, there's this rumor going around that the Laughing Skulls're lookin' for you for mesing up some of their guys." Don answered, "You really ticked 'em off."

"Who knows? They might even put a hit on ya!" Another of the gangsters snickered.

"Yeah, like they can afford that." Rico laughed. "So, where're we off to tonight? Another street tourney?"

"Nah, the clubs, man." Don said, smiling. "La Taequera Fight Bar, y'heard of it? They're holding an open house starring their top fighter, Vince Volshevik. Whoever beats him gets $5,000 grand. Think you're up for it?"

"The Russian boxer, eh? This should be fun." Rico said with a smirk.

Ryan examined the flyer. The piece of paper read, COME TO THE LA TAEQUERA FIGHT BAR! 5 GRAND IF YOU CAN BEAT THE RUSSIAN BOXER VINCE VOLSHEVIK! A group of kids were talking about it eagerly, telling a guy named Rico to give it a shot. Ryan said in a clear voice that was audible to the other group. "Well, Rico, we'll see who gets there first, yeah?" He glanced at the Brazilian and winked before heading for the bar.

"Feh. As if you could ever hope to take OUR prize, pal." Rico retorted, stepping into the bar after him. "Who the heck do you think you are?" He looked over this new stranger, mentally scoffing. He didn't look much like a fighter. Behind him, a security guard lumbered up to him.

"Sorry, kid, no one under 18's allowed here tonight." He muttered.

"Excuse me, buddy, but I believe you were holding an open house challenge." Rico stated, handing him the flyer. "Meaning, and I quote your line from the flyer you hold, 'any and all challengers are welcome to face off against our most prized fighter, Vince Volshevik'."

"C'mon, kid, that man'll twist you into a pretzel and have you for snack!" The guard chuckled, before his face grew serious. "Besides, this ain't exactly a place for snot-nosed punks with their heads up their rears. So scram, before I call the cops."

(How old is this Ryan anyways?)

(Shoot, forgot to add that bit, didn't I? He's 17.)

Ryan and Rico were both stopped by the tall man in front of the door. Rico and the guard were exchanging sharp retorts until Ryan sighed and lunged forward, grabbing the guard's wrist as the man reached for his phone. With an abrupt twist, the man's wrist was snapped loudly as the guard screamed in pain. "It'd be best if you just listened. Come on," He said casually to Rico as he stepped over the guard, who was in a fetal position, cradling his arm. Ryan opened the door and entered in time to see a man get pummeled to the ground by a muscular guy with a tattoo of the Russian flag on his shoulder. Vince Volshevik. Vince roared as the spectators in the bar cheered and the unconscious challenger was dragged away.

The sun had fallen and night crept up, and Lis was taken home by her new “more-than-friend”. She slept soundly, as she was tuckered our from the day. Lis dreamt about light colors and warm feelings, and woke up with a pleasant attitude and aura.

Dylan smiled as Lis walked inside her house, and he left for his own. He quietly opened the door to see his mom sleeping on the couch, laptop open on the table in front of her. He chuckled softly and gently closed the laptop as to make no sound and not wake her. He washed up, brushing his teeth and washing his face. He changed into a basic tee and athletic shorts before crawling into bed and falling asleep.

Laura woke up brightly to her alarm, already excited for the day to pass, so she could go asleep tonight and dream of Even and her at the dance tomorrow. Laura immediately turned off her alarm clock, and hopped out of bed, skipping over to her closet and closing the door, knowing Even was there. She grabbed a baseball shirt, black and white, and she slipped it on, with some baggy jeans. Then she put on some socks, and walked out of the closet.

Even woke up at the sound of Laura's alarm and, while she had been changing in the closet, Even grabbed his own fresh clothing and quickly changed into it. Thankfully Even finished before Laura got out of the closet.

"Morning." Even said to Laura.

Rico dashed down the road, still pretty angry he was cheated out of his chance at winning a little prize money. As he vaulted himself onto a narrow wall and walked on it, adjusting his backpack to better maintain balance, he started to worry. His mom seemed especially stressed this morning, and even Maya's chipper attitude was dulled a bit. Jumping off the roof and vaulting over a car with his momentum, he thought of Even and Laura. Sighing, he recalled his carefree beginning here in America, with a trio of friends who he felt happy with. But now, he had been so busy trying to find small jobs and other ways to earn a little side money, he rarely felt as free.

Last edited:
Dylan woke with a yawn, stretching as he slowly got out of bed. He brushed his hair after splashing some water on it and changed into a white tee and navy jeans. He quickly downed a protein shake from the fridge and slung his bag over his shoulder, walking out into the morning air. Dylan arrived at school and sat one a bench, taking out his phone and scrolling through social media.

"Morning to you!" Laura said, a slight hint of blush on her face. "Breakfast is downstairs. I'll show you what we have."

Laura then took Even's hand and dragged him downstairs, until they were in the kitchen. Then she looked around, pointing out some of the things she had in the pantry. Pop tarts, oatmeal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms. Then she went to the freezer. Waffles, Pancakes. That was about all she had, and she named the choices to Even.

"Wow, this is...a lot to pick from. I could go for some waffles." Even said, as he grabbed the waffles and was prepared to go make it for himself before he turned to Laura.

"What will you be having?" Even asked, curious what she wanted. If it was something like pancakes, Even was prepared to make it. Having developed cooking skills due to making his own breakfast every morning.

"Hm...I'll probably make myself some Frosted Flakes." Laura said, as she walked back into the pantry and pulled out the cereal.

She grabbed a big bowl, and filled the cereal about four fifths to the top. She loved cereal, so she always overdid the cereal and milk. She grabbed a new, full milk carton, and poured it onto her cereal, which didn't rise. When she had finished pouring the cereal, she put the cap on the milk carton, which was now about seven eighths full. She put it away, and grabbed a spoon, plopping herself at the counter, and started to eat, before turning to Even.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" she asked, a bit awkwardly.

Even would join Laura on the table with his waffles and, before he started to eat, would think of tomorrow and what it means. A slight blush on his face that quickly faded.

"Y-yeah, I am. Though a little...nervous. Never did anything like this before." Even admitted before he took a bite of his waffles.

"Same." Laura said, not knowing what else to say.

Her messy hair was hard to keep out of her face as she continued to eat her cereal, and it was awkward to have a boy in the house, that wasn't her dad. She just wasn't used to it, and it made her a little awkward. But she didn't show it. She was kind of glad her hair was messy, because it hid the giant blush on her face as she continued to eat her cereal.

Even in turn, also sat in silence as he ate his waffles. Even didn't know what else to add to it, and even if he felt the awkward silence decided not to say anything about it as he enjoyed his meal and tried to make his blush die down.

However, after a couple minutes, Even felt the need to say something. Anything at all to break the silence.

"T-these waffles are good." Even said, with a self awareness that that was almost as abrupt a topic change as asking about the weather.

Laura's blush grew much brighter at the comment, but she hadn't the slightest idea why. She didn't know how to answer the statement, so she said nothing at all. Today, she could tell, was going to be awkward. About five more minutes passed, and after finishing her cereal, she turned to Even, and asked if he was done, so she could load his dishes in the empty dishwasher across from the counter.

Even would nod and hand his dishes to Laura, understanding as well that today was gonna be awkward. Even could only hope things wouldn't remain this awkward at school, but he had his doubts concerning that.

Man, I'm acting like an idiot. Just calm down. What makes today any different than the past few weeks? Just cause me and Laura are going to a d...dance...darn it stop being stupid!

Laura took Even's dishes, and carefully brought them over to the sink, where she rinsed them thoroughly, and put them in the dishwasher, closing it before walking to the edge of the stairs.

"Hey Even? I'm gonna comb my hair, and brush my teeth. We have a spare comb, and many new toothbrushes if you need them." Laura said, pausing, before heading upstairs.

"Thank you." Even said as he would allow Laura to go first to comb her hair and brush her teeth, not wanting to make an already awkward morning even more so by having them freshen up at the same time. Besides it was not as if they were in a rush; they woke up early.

Even would make his own preparations, going to his bag and putting some deodorant on while he waited for Laura to finish up.

Laura combed her hair until it was silky smooth, and she could run her fingers through it with ease. Then she pulled it up, combed extra strands into her hand, and tied it up with a ponytail. Then she grabbed her toothbrush, squirted a line on it, dipped it in water, and started scrubbing away at her already, pretty white teeth. After two minutes of brushing, she spit out the toothpaste, rinsed her mouth with mouthwash, spit that out, put on deodorant, and walked downstairs, where she saw Even still.

"You can use the bathroom now." she said, as she started down another flight of stairs to the mudroom.

Even gave a nod before he headed upstairs. Once in the bathroom, Even would grab the spar come and brush his hair. Once that was done, he grabbed one of the extra toothbrushes & the toothpaste and brushed his teeth before rinsing out and cleaning the toothbrush. Even would glance at his reflection in the mirror.

This isn't a big deal. You've been through way more stressful situations than what tomorrow brings. You can do this, you can do this...

Even would then make his way downstairs.

Laura had already slipped on her shoes and packed her book bag, so there wasn't much to do except was for Even to get ready so they could head to school. But Laura wouldn't rush him.

(Sorry for the short post, there wasn't much to say)

Laura then walked out the door and started the usually short walk to school. A question then popped into Laura's head as they were walking, and she turned to Even, a questioning look in her eye.

"Your mother knows you slept over, right?" she asked.

As Even walked, Laura's question caused him to frown as he avoided eye contact.

"Of course, I left her a message. Not that it matters. Mom's works all day and night and is rarely home so it's not like it would make a big difference if I left without telling her to spend a night at a friend's place." Even said, trying to not be a downer as he turned to Laura.

"I'm sure she doesn't mind." Even added.

"Oh...okay" Laura said, a little bit of a sad tone in her voice. "So, there was this movie I heard about, that I was told is very good. It's called, "Spirited Away". I was wondering if you'd like to see it with me, at my place after school...again?" Laura asked, trying to change the subject.

Even's frown faded as he turned to Laura with a small smile.

"Yeah, I'd like that a lot actually. Thanks." Even said, accepting Laura's invitation. Really it did sound nice, and it wasn't as if Even had anything else to do or that he'd rather do.

Rico closed his eyes as he felt the breeze against his back as he stood on the fence (or wall) that surrounded the school, a distant look in his eyes as he gazed skyward. Hopping down into the school yard and landing in a roll, he sat down on the bench outside to rest. He just didn't feel as energetic anymore. "Enjoying the weather, my friend?" a voice purred, making Rico look up. It was Lawrence, with an amused look on his face. "My, you really do look the worse for wear."

"I'm pretty sure I made it clear last time we weren't friends." Rico said, giving him a warning glare.

"Ouch. Someone's a little grouchy." Lawrence chuckled, turning around. "I suppose we'll have to chat later when your mood's a little better. Ciao." With that, he left.

Last edited:
"Good!" she said, smiling brightly, before turning back on the road ahead.

They were about a block away from school, very close. It was nice to walk with Even, and spend even a few minutes with him. Laura may have been sporty, but she could keep it cool.

Even also had a smile, happy Laura offered him another chance to hang out after school and how excited she seemed to be about it. Even had to admit, Laura proved to be a very positive influence in his life. Even would never have dreamed of hanging out at a friend's house prior to meeting her.

Or going to a dance...with a date.

Laura pointed to the usual bench that she and Even sat at before class, as they walked up to the school yard.

"Want to sit? Or make ourselves at home in class?" Laura asked Even, turning to him with a cheery smile.

Dylan looked up from his phone astarted he heard a fairly cheerful voice that he faintly recognized. He saw Laura, conversing with Even with a happy smile and gave a small grin as well before turning his gaze back to his phone.

Even considered his options, taking note of Dylan in the distance on his phone before he turned back to Laura.

"Sitting sounds good. We've got some time before class." Even answered as he and Laura arrived in the school yard.

Laura nodded in response, and sat down on the bench, patting beside her for Even to sit down. She looked at the clouds for a little bit. It was a bright cheery day, and tomorrow called for rain, but formal was never called off. It wasn't called off last year, when she was first a freshman. So it would just be a stormy formal dance, is all. The outdoor activities would probably be held in the gym. Which made Laura think. Laura then turned to Even.

"Do you think that flowers are pretty? And if you did, how would you describe their beauty?" she asked, out of no where.

Even would sit next to Laura and he had to admit, the question caught him off guard. However, he focused on the flowers before he would give a response.

"I do, actually. I think the vibrant colors have an allure to them. It's just...pleasant to look at." Even said, giving his basic description to Laura in regards to the flowers. Even always did like flowers, being a lover of nature and all, so admiring them as he answered the question was nice.