• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Insane Asylum (Updated 12-29-08)

Okay, yeah, my first venture into the world of sprite comics. Some comics may not make sense unless you've played EarthBound, but meh.

hhappyist1.png

hhappyist2.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bob and George! ^^
As the Doc stated in Pokechu's topic, it was the first real sprite comic created. Plus, it kicks ass.
Read it. Love it. It'll consume your soul 8)

Did you make the culter sprites yourself or are they from ShadowScar Kirby aswell?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Double Posts are A-OK in Sprite Comic Topics for obvious reasons.

Great stuff, looks great and is quite funny. ^^ Keep it up.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ditto to Oakster. I had a hunch you'd be able to pull off some witty gags with this. You seem to be able to do it on the fly at TT :p

Keep 'em coming :)

Heh, that's pretty good. The music rocked.

Anyway... last one for a week. Going to the beach Saturday, need to prepare.
#5: Breaking Down the Walls

hhappyist5.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
That pesky 4th wall's always getting away. If only we had some meddling kids and their dumb dog too!

Okay... let's get some updates here, huh?

#6 - I Can't Use Golden Sun Backgrounds Anymore

hhappyist6.png

#7 - Blatant Advertising

hhappyist7.png

#8 - Out of the Blue

hhappyist8.png

Now, for number 9... X Marx the Spot. This may make more sense after playing the Milky Way Wishes segment of Kirby Super Star/Kirby's Fun Pak, but whatever.

hhappyist9.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Loved that Pokemon comic. Would've been even more funny if the kid had tried to catch the cultist, tho ^^

What's this stuff about "Kirby's Fun Pack"? Please tell me that was a change from the "Super Star" title and not the original Japanese name... o.O

I played some Kirby Super Star with my friend Keri during my trip but our bloody save got erased before we could even attempt Revenge of Metaknight or Milkyway Wishes. We'd just finished collecting every single piece of treasure too! Stupid old cart battery... ;__;

Kirby's Fun Pak is the European name of Super Star.

And I thought about the kid trying to catch the cultist, but I wanted to keep it a manageable length. It would mean at least 2 - 3 more panels, and it seemed too long for me. Meh. Thanks for your feedback, though. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay for Mr. Saturn! DING! XD

Like I said on TT, that new comic was awesome. Where the hell did you get that font style? I want it for myself! :wink:

Okay, four new comics today, plus an ADDED BONUS!!!1!1one!1!eleven

charsheet.png

Issue 11: The Rise of Marxism - Deep Blue

hhappyist11.png

Issue 12: The Rise of Marxism - Ooh, Suspense

hhappyist12.png

Issue 13: The Rise of Marxism - Intelligent Conversation

hhappyist13.png

Issue 14: The Rise of Marxism - Denouement

hhappyist14.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ROFL! Classic ^__^

I recently saw that surgical DS game to buy. I'd known about it from awhile back but seeing it actually out and on the shelves was scary. Has anyone actually played it to see what it's like?

And what game was that katana kid thing from?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh hey, just noticed something. Did you really mean to write "Sirius" Valley? ;)

Yes.

Yes, I did.

I did that with the intention of pulling off a Hitchhiker's Guide reference, although I can't remember the specifics at the moment.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I love you and your comic; mostly the comic ^^

You haven't disappointed me once with this. Whether that just adds pressure or not, you deserve all the praise you can get. It's too bad this couldn't be a standard, advertisized sprite comic because I think it'd do awesome. But that would probably kill the creativity and funness of the thing, eh? Either way, keep up the great work, TBA :D

Heheheh, thanks. That means a lot.

And I kill myself enough over meeting the once-a-week deadline as it is. I can't imagine what I would do if it was a standard comic. X_x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Snickers and pokes* Check out the latest main site update, particularly the bottom sentence of the Full Story. Probably would've been nice to ask you if I could use your comic first, but meh. You'll live :wink:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TheBlueAvenger said:
I saw. 8)

Sometimes I wonder what you'd do if I actually went and changed my avatar.

There would be much tears and cursing :cry:

... Then I'd spend a good five minutes trying to discover a way to taunt your new avater :p

I love these comics, the jokes are always fresh and interesting. The cultists are just superb characters, a classic in the making.