• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Hunted

Paul understood her choice, and then finished his final dumpling. He then looked to Illumil, who looked as if she was almost finished with her meal. "That us with nothing further to do." He said, back into in his normal tone of voice. He tidiied his face and lifted his cup for another drink.

Morlaina stepped out into the cold night air, her breath forming a foggy cloud before her. The target was meandering down the street at a languid pace, and Morlaina quietly began to follow her.

The woman was heading in the direction of the slums, which lay about seven blocks to the southwest of the bar, on the opposite side of town from the hotel. Morlaina frowned at this and sped up a bit, attempting to close some of the distance between them. The woman rounded a corner, and Morlaina peeked around it before giving further chase.

They were now officially within the slums. Rubbish-bin bon fires were withering down in the cold, and Morlaina could see a few people huddling about them for warmth. She frowned in pity but kept up her chase, watching the woman walk confidently about the run-down area despite the obviously expensive clothes she sported. It was strange and rather unsettling, and Morlaina wondered just what it was that made her so carefree.

It took another few minutes, but the woman came up to a tall, boarded up building in the middle of an intersection. Morlaina was careful of the cracked pavement as she followed, and was surprised when the lady ripped the old boards off the front door with ease. She entered the building, a puff of dust wafting out the open doorway, and to Morlaina's surprise she did not close the door, as if knowing she was being followed. Morlaina haunted the stoop, peering in the doorway. The lady was walking past a derelict staircase and through a narrow hallway, her high-heels echoing through the empty building. Morlaina craftily gave chase.

The woman stopped when the hallway came to a dead end, and Morlaina craned her neck to see what she was doing. The lady had crouched down, feeling with her hands around the decaying floorboards for something. Within a moment she had found an old, rusted handle and had pulled up the door for a hidden stairwell, and she descended without looking around. Morlaina glanced about cautiously before following, careful not to make the steps creak as she delved down.

The staircase went on for a bit, but eventually leveled out into a cold, uneven stone corridor. There was no light down here, but Morlaina knew how far the woman was ahead by the clicking of her heels. For ten minutes that was the only sound, and it was beginning to drive Morlaina insane. Finally the woman stopped, and blinding light burst into the hallway. Morlaina brought an arm up of out reflex to shield her eyes, and she heard the woman cackling maliciously as something cold and distinctly metal pushed against her back.

"Got you," A sinister voice teased mercilessly from behind.

Someone pulled the trigger.

Musa stretched and cracked his back. "Well..I'll be off then.." Musa said, figuring it had been long enough. He would probably go back to the Hotel and take some pills to wake himself up and continue the research. Getting up from the chair he walked back out into the cold night of the streets. Looking up at the sky, a butterfly fluttered over and landed on his shoulder, he blinked. "What do you things want from me anyway.." He said quietly as he walked on.

The blue colored creature flexed its wings and fluttered back off within acouple minutes, Musa smiled, "At least butterflies arent miffed by my appereance.." He continued to walk when another came up, he frowned. "Dont you things learn to migrate or something...?" He frowned at the omnious signs and his chest felt suddently heavy.

He saw the figure of a person in the distance, covered in black head to toe, the built suggested he was a man, which wouldnt have been unordinary if he wasnt in the alleyways and moving quickly. Musa frowned and followed the man, he had never been one for stealth, but his heart beating in his chest told him his life could be on the line. Taking steady breaths to calm himself he watched the man, following him until he saw what looked like an old shut down place.

Musa looked around and found a metal bar and went up to the ajar doorway of the place and waited at the side of it, like he said, he wasnt one for stealth, but he could beat the hell out of things. He waited for someone to come back out.

Morlaina felt herself being shaken what felt like minutes later, Cold, metallic, gloved hands gently slapping her face.

"Oi, get up," A voice that felt somewhat familiar said. She struggled to open her eyes, biting down on her tongue at the pain in her side. She wondered what she was doing there, before prior events caught up to her brain. Her eyes snapped wide open and she tried to lurch upright, but a hand on her shoulder kept her down. "Stupid. You want me to have to shoot you again?"

Morlaina became quite still after that, cursing herself for being stupid and not noticing the signs. Of course the woman knew she was being followed! She thanked her lucky stars the man holding her down had missed.

...Or had he? Well, the pain in her side told her she had been shot; it just wasn't fatal.

He hissed at her as she tried once again to sit up.

"If you don't sit still I'm going to have to knock you out. You're a real fool, following her like that without backup. What the hell's wrong with you?"

A few sarcastic words balanced on the tip of her tongue, but she swallowed them as the pain in her side grew worse. The metallic glove removed itself from her shoulder.

"If you sit still they'll assume you're unconscious. Try not to blow my cover, okay?"

The man removed himself from her immediate vicinity and strolled over to a small table, around which three people were already situated. Out of her blurry, half-lidded eyes Morlaina recognized one of them as being the woman she had foolishly chased earlier. It took her a moment to realize what was going on.

A meeting was taking place.

Musa had never been one for patience either, he bit his lip wondering what could be going on in there. He peeked through the door, the man had strode down somewhere else. He didnt want to chance being found then caught, looking around for more people possibly spying on him, he continued to wait patiently for any signs of life or movement from within the run-down place.

Holding the metal bar tightly in his hands, he couldnt do much but wait. His cautious nature forbid him to enter the place. He strained his ears to hear footsteps, voices, anything.

Paul politley waved good-bye, and exited the bar. The chill of the night was somewhat refreshing; after being in that warm restaurant the scent of fresh air was unlightening. He set his gaze on the moon, which was shining brightly untill a passing cloud covered it's rays. The lad started woundering back to the Hotel.

Morlaina lay absolutely still, not at all unnerved by the blood seeping through her shirt from the bullet wound in her side. It was better than being shot in the heart, that was for sure. Her eyes remained half-lidded, focused on the table. The dim lighting in the room didn't afford for much to be seen, but she figured the two others around the table were men, taking into account their body structure and the way they were sitting. One spoke.

"You caught her snooping around?" The one in the dark blue cloak waved in her general direction, and it took a lot of her self-control not to tense up. The woman nodded.

"I was going to take care of it myself, but Shade here shot her down before I could kill her off."

"As long as she remains knocked out I'm fine with it," The other man, this one in a blood red cloak, cut in impatiently. "Let's get this over with before she wakes up. The boss doesn't appreciate his players being killed off before the games begin."

Shade sat down, careful to keep his hood covering his face. "Any news?"

"None." The blue-cloak snorted, slamming a first into the table. It shook violently under the assault. "The boss hasn't said anything about the event being set in motion. He's just lazing about, waiting for things to 'progress naturally', whatever the hell that means!"

The woman brought a hand to her face, cupping her chin in thought. "Three of the contestants have already encountered each other," She stated pensively, eying Morlaina. The girl quietly inhaled. "Perhaps he's waiting for all the contestants to show themselves to each other before he starts?"

Shade shook his head. "That would take too long. Besides, attention is already being drawn to the event. Outsiders are snooping around. If we're not careful this whole thing could blow over and land us all in bad positions."

Morlaina tried to keep her focus on them as they rattled on, but the blood loss was beginning to affect her mind. Everything they said came as a fuzzy buzzing to her ears, and before she knew it the lights had been extinguished and Shade was kneeling before her again.

"What? Half-dead already? Sheesh. And you're supposed to be tough!" He picked her up, frowning as her blood got on his gloves. "You're in luck, though, I think a buddy of yours is hanging about the front. Hope the others don't see him on their way out."

Morlaina lost her focus again, though she presumed they were leaving the building when cold air hit her again.

"You might want to call a doctor," She heard Shade say to someone outside her range of vision. "You're friend here looks like she's about to lose it."

She was set on the ground, and heard footsteps echoing away. She groaned.

"Next time I want to chase somebody," She said, stopping often to breathe deeply, "knock me the hell out and lock me in my room..."

Musa waited when he heard, then saw the apperance of three people. He was ready to hit them to death when he saw Morlaina, and the bleeding gun shot wound, not wanting to chance their lives, he threw down the metal bar and picked up Morlaina. "Just what the hell is going on?" He seethed. He was self-concious, but he had to stop the breathing, he pulled off his Pajama shirt and wrapped it around the bleeding wound.

He Glared at the three of them, picking up Morlaina in his arms he heard her mutter something, he strained to hear her, he had to get her to a doctor and soon. His breath was shallow and his heart wouldnt stop beating in his chest as he slowly backed away from them, Morlaina in his arms, he turned and ran. He didnt want to cause a scene, but the closer he got to the main road, the less chance they had of getting shot. He turned the corner and saw a man on his cellphone.

"Excuse me sir! Please call 911!" He shouted to him, running over.

The man took one look at the bleeding girl and excused himself from his phone call, stumbling to dial the number. It took a few seconds to connect, and after a confusing call he hung up and faced Musa.

"They're on their way," he said, puzzlement warring with concern on his face. "What happened? Is she alright?"

Morlaina shifted, cursing quietly under her breath about doctors and how untrustworthy they are.

Musa looked down at Morlaina and then back to the man. "You know how the slums are..We where.." Musa tried to find a reason to justify why they where there. "We where looking for our dog that ran away when a random gang memeber came up and shot her, thinking we where a threat, I managed to get her away in time.." He looked away back down the alleway.

He bite he lip and waited when the ambulence came up quickly, they took Morlaina away, though still worried, Musa insisted he traveled with in the back. He sat down in the back of the ambulence as it started off. He watched Morlaina's breathing, the other Medics looking at him strangly. He probably did look odd, shirtless, with pajama pants on.

Though that did give more liability to his story..

((OC: *Imagines that scene in her head* I'd probably stare at you like you were crazy, too. :p ))

Morlaina had since lost the strength to be able to open her eyes, but the loud wails of sirens and the bustling and jostling of the medics working on her in the back as the ambulance moved told her they were well on their way to the hospital.

She felt odd about that. Whenever she was hurt she was always taken to the local healer; she could hardly ever remember a time when she was actually sent to the hospital, though she had been shot before numerous times. She frowned slightly at the thought, unaware that they had arrived at the hospital and they were unloading her unresponsive body onto a stretcher. She couldn't help but wonder just how long this would take.

((OC: Yes it would look odd XD))

Musa Watched them take her, after going inside, and some man giving him a sweatshirt to put on, he waited outside in a lobby, after explaining the story again to several doctors, and police. They believed him from what he could tell. He had hoped Morlaina heard his story, or at least was out-cold and free of pain. Incase they tried to question her.

Musa hugged the sweatshirt to him, wishing he had had the Coat Kumo gave to him, it always made him feel safer. Like a Kumo replacement when he wasnt there. Musa hated waiting, it always got on his nerves. He wished he could call someone, like Kumo, or one of Morlaina's friends to tell them what happened, but he didnt have a phone or their names. Also he knew Kumo would be down here in a second to drag him home, by the hair kicking and screaming if thats what it took.

He shook his head, he was alone on this for now. He laid his head back against the cold steely wall, he hated Hospitals. He let his mind wonder back to those three he encountered, the ones that had hurt Morlaina. He would ask her about it later, at the hotel where they wouldnt be heard.

It felt like hours had passed since Morlaina had last woken up. Her eyes cracked open minutely, and she flinched at the blindingly white ceiling. She had heard stories about this happening, and knew deep down where she was.

She was already starting to hate hospitals; too bright to be natural.

Morlaina slowly sat up in bed, wrinkling her nose at the many wires and needles clinging to her skin. She tore them off, not caring if they were necessary or not, and with effort pushed the safety rail of the hospital bed down. She almost toppled over as she stood up, but managed to keep her balance with some effort. It was then that she noticed the gown she was wearing was far too short to be comfortable, and she immediately sat back down again for the sake of decency. She looked around.

A monitor was set up near her, the line that she assumed kept track of heartbeats flat now that the machine wasn't connected to her. A window over in the corner was open, and the curtains fluttered in the brisk night breeze. She didn't shudder as the cold air reached her. A dull, throbbing pain in her side reminded her of her predicament, and she placed a hand gingerly against her side. She felt bandages beneath the thin cloth, and realized that she must have been here for some time. She scowled as she looked around again, and jumped when the door suddenly opened.

A young man entered, long white coat and clipboard identifying him as a doctor. His hair came to just below the shoulders, dark brown and braided back. He was pale, and regarded her with startled blue eyes. The nurse who entered behind him stared at her in amazement.

"Up already?" He asked in wonder. Something about his voice tickled her as familiar. "Astounding." He waved to the nurse, who nodded as she left. Morlaina watched her like a hawk until she was out of sight. The doctor smiled, amused. "She's going to get your friend, by the way. He was worried. Anyhow, you're tougher than I thought you were."

Morlaina stared at him for a moment, processing this thought before recognition clicked into place. She jumped back on the bed, scooting farther away from him.

"You're that man! From the building!"

He blinked in surprise, then smiled. She could place his voice now. "Figured it out? Smart. And here I was thinking this coat would dupe you." He unbuttoned it and shrugged it off, revealing silver plate armor beneath. He grinned as her face paled further. "You should try getting a tan. And I'm not here to kill you, by the way."

Musa saw a nurse coming towards him, he ignored her until she spoke to him, telling him to come and see Morlaina. "She's..alright already..?" He asked, the Nurse just nodded as she lead him to the room with Morlaina, he saw a man there that should have been a doctor but he was dressed oddly, he had silver plates on. He frowned.

"Whats going on...." He narrowed his eyes and looked over to Morlaina, seeing that she seemed to be alright he looked back at the 'doctor'. He didnt like how things seemed his cautious nature made him scan the room for things that could be used as weapons, in case of an emergency.

Morlaina saw Musa come in, and she waved to him.

"How long have I been out?"

The 'doctor' looked startled as she changed the subject, puzzled that she seemed to disregard his presence completely. He came and sat on the end of the bed, and was pleased when she immediately tensed.

"I'm sorry about having shot you earlier. It was unfortunately necessary. If I hadn't they wouldn't gotten you straight through the heart."

That did little to ease Morlaina's anxiety, and she kicked him briefly in the back with her left foot.

"Who're you and what were you doing dressed up as a doctor?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to make sure it wasn't fatal. The organizer doesn't like it when his players are killed before the games start."

Morlaina had a fuzzy recollection of hearing someone else say that, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"So you're involved in this?"

He paused to think of the right words to use. "To an extent. More like infiltration."

Musa looked between the Doctor and Morlaina. "So your the one that shot her..?" He seethed, narrowing his eyes. "It seems since your invovled in this..Your not on our side.." Musa protectivly went between the Doctor and Morlaina, giving them a whole person away from eachother space. His eyes darted to a pair of surgical knives and his hand was itching to pick one up and just dice the man, but he could also answer alot of questions.

"So would you mind playing alittle game? Its called Questions and Answers..We give you the Questions, you give us the Answers..Prize of the games your life..You win, you get to keep it, I win, I get to keep it.." Musa narrowed his eyes, he didnt need a blade to be deadly. He looked back over at Morlaina for a minute, "Your okay? Right? You've been out for awhile..alot shorter than I thought you'd be though.." He asked.

Morlaina shook her head as a signal she was fine. The doctor put his hands up.

"Oh ho ho, you don't want to fight me. Didn't I just say 'infiltration'? I'm digging up answers myself. In fact..." He reached into some hidden inner pocket (Morlaina had no idea where it could have been hidden) and pulled out a note that was identical to her own.

"I'm actually one of the contestants. On my first day here I went looking around and caught one of the officials. I've since 'replaced' him. I've been gathering information ever since. The name is Vicente Romano, ex-assassin and mercenary for hire."

((OC: Finally introduced my other character into the mix...))

Musa blinked, tilting his head to the side. "So just how much have you been able to find out...who's behind this...?" Musa asked, sitting down on Morlaina's hospital bed, he turned to her, "You know..That gown really isnt your style.." He stated, nodding his head. He turned back to Vicente, "So..How do we know you didnt just steal that note from a real other contestant..Im not to big on the whole trusting thing.." Musa crossed his arms.

"And you know, because you shot her, I had to run around without my shirt, not my biggest past time..Did you have to shoot her?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Morlaina's face took on an interesting shade of purple, and she pulled the bed covers up to her chin as she glared at Musa. Vicente grinned widely.

"I have no proof. You can distrust me all you want. And shooting her was the only thing I could do. Jaen was about to blow her brains out; it was either I shoot her in the side or she shoots her in the forehead. I'm sure you can decide amongst yourselves which you prefer."

"As to what I've learned..." Vicente shook his head. "This isn't the right place to discuss that. I'll sign the sheet releasing Morlaina from the hospital tonight--although she really should stay another day, just in case--and I'll contact you about the time and place for a meeting. Until then, relax. Snoop around on that laptop you hijacked, which happened to be Illo's, by the way, he wasn't happy about that--and be ready for the event. Not even the higher-ups know when it's going to start, so be on your guard."

Morlaina eyed him suspiciously. "How did you know my name?"

Vicente shrugged. "I know all your names. I've been following you around for the past few days."

Morlaina looked baffled. "But I haven't seen you!"

Vicente's grin turned distinctly mischievious. "I wouldn't be a ninja if you could see me whenever you want."

He stood from the bed, ignoring the tension in the room, and picked up the white coat. He threw it to Morlaina before climbing onto the window ledge, giving them one last look before leaping out.

Morlaina caught the coat and wrapped it about herself, careful to hide everything as she stood and buttoned it up.

"That guy's unnerving." She said at last.

Musa shook his head, "I suppose...Do you think we should go back to the hotel..You should probably rest..its late and you've been shot.." He said looking over at her. "Oh, if anyone asks, we where looking for a dog alright?" He added going over to the door and opening it, holding it there for her. "When do you think we'll get contacted by your 'doctor'?" Musa asked, he looked up and down the hallways, this night teaching him to be extra cautious from now on.

His mind started to wonder off, he had better call Kumo when he got home before he got impaled for it. He winced at the thought. "We should probably hurry before something else bad happens tonight.." He said quietly.

Morlaina nodded in understanding, looking around for her gear. She was confused when she couldn't find it, before a weight in the coat's pockets caught her attention. There she found everything she was carrying, as well as her clothes, which had been washed and folded neatly within the largest pocket. She was miffed to see it still had the bullet hole.

"That...that doctor had all my stuff!" She pawed through it, checking for potential tampering or missing items or anything suspicious as she followed Musa out of the hospital, nonplussed at the strange looks she was receiving.

When Paul got to his room, he noticed that Morlania still hadn't returned to her room, her room didn't show any signs of light whatsoever. "...I hope she's alright. Especially after 'snooping'." he said to himself. The boy sighed, as he began his nightly sit-ups.

Musa laughed somewhat shaking his head. "I bet your friends are worried about you, we should probably get back.." He said as they walked out of the hospital. "Did he take anything from you?" He turned his head back to look at Morlaina. "Oh..And now that I have you alone..What did you mean by Mushy?" Musa asked aggitatedly.

"They're not exactly 'friends', and no, he didn't take anything from me." She took her hands out of the pockets, both happy and suspicious of that fact. At his last question she grinned impishly. "Oh, you know mushy, showing just how much you care about someone--it's not everyday I see a guy hugging another guy like that." Her grin became laughter as they entered the hotel, and she took off running towards the elevator.

Musa blushed bright red and reached after her, "H-Hey!! Wait! What does THAT mean!?" He sighed and slumped his shoulder. "Oh well.." He started to go up the stairs to get to his room. It was going to be real late soon, almost midnight if he didnt go to bed quickly. His tired body had started to catch up with his mind as he yawned.

Reaching his room, he glared at the door of Morlaina's, "Im not mushy..." he said before going inside and locking it. He laid down on his bed and dailed in Kumo's number, he bit his lip wondering if his friend was up, the phone just kept ringing and he just turned it off and smiled. "Well..Once he see's my missed call he'll just flip out and call me until I wake up anyway." Musa stretched out on the bed cracking his back, arms, then knuckles.

Not even seconds after he closed his eyes his cell started ring and he picked it up. "hello?...Hehe thought you'd be worried..Ehh..Talk about it later..You called? How many times?..Im sorry..Alright, we'll talk tomorrow..Yes I promise..Night Kumo.." Musa rolled his eyes hanging up and stretched back out over the bed, "That man needs to learn to live alittle.." He closed his eyes and went to sleep.

((OC:: Sorry im taking so long o.o the REAL Kumo called me >>''')

((OC: Perhaps he's psychic? ;) Or he sneezed and realized you were typing about him. :p ))

Morlaina was still snickering as she climbed into bed, tossing the doctor coat to the floor and switching the entirely-too-indecent hospital gown to the floor. She picked up her nightgown and pulled it over her head, turning off the lights as she gingerly slipped beneath the covers. The running she had just done had aggravated her wound, and she was sure it was going to be sore and aching in the morning.

It took her another hour of shifting around before she fell asleep.

Paul had heard what he thought to be a door opening and closing when he was done with his daily excercise. He sighed in releif, knowing that she wasn't in any potential danger. He got into his night clothes and switched the light off. As he climbed into bed, his window revealed the moon, clearly in veiw.

The next morning cracked bright and cold, and Morlaina cursed as she felt the stiff wound in her side. She painfully sat up, blearily wondering if she had opened the window during the night. What sat on the end of her bed had her screeching and toppling off with a pained 'OW!'.

Vicente watched her from his perch on the end of her bed with a faint amusement, a slip of paper in his hands. Morlaina leapt up as swiftly as her side would allow her and pointed an accusatory finger at him.

"The hell you doing in my room?!"

Vicente simply pointed to the open window, which she knew she hadn't opened last night; the one that was locked. "I said I would contact you." He dropped the slip of paper on top of her comforter. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs. Gather your little tag-alongs, too."

Morlaina sputtered an objection as he walked out of her room, and gave frantic chase after scooping up the paper. He had just stepped out into the corridor when she arrived at the door, but by the time she had stuck her head out into the hall he was already at the elevator. She gaped at his back in disbelief.

((OOC:: Dear god..He's have to go to the doctor if he sneezed as many times as I stole his Character >>'' Its okay though...He does it to me to..>> Bastard, he says Hi..He's on the phone lol))

Musa shifted in his sleep, groaning now and then. He rolled over on his bed, his eyes twitching together in what could have been a nightmare. He huffed as he rolled again, though very deep in sleep, he was very restless. He whinned somewhat as he pushed the pillow away from him and grabbed the blanket, tangling himself up in a mass of limps and cloth.

Sighing contently with the awkward position he giggled nuzzling his head against the blanket. "Mmmm...Riceballs..Noo..Dont..take them..heyy.." He cringed in his sleep and whinned rather loudly, flailing his arms around. "No..I'll be good..Give it back..Dammit..Kumo.." He growled.

Morlaina growled angrily at the elevator before stomping up to Musa's door, pounding away at it as she pretended it to be the ninja's face.

"Oi, Musa-san, wake up and get out here! State of emergency!" She kicked the door for good measure.

Musa growled and picked up the pillow and threw it at the door, still half-asleep. "God dammit Kumo..Stop..stealing my things.." he tiredly slumped down on his bed, missing the whole of it and hitting his bedside table insteand. "OW DAMMIT!" He held his head, scrunching up and cursing.

He growled with tear drops in his eyes as he rubbed the sore spot on his head. "Wha? Who's there?" He raised his eyebrows looking at the door.

The loud string of obscenities that followed Morlaina's demand for him to get up and get dressed would not be appropriate to record anywhere in the history of the world. Instead she pounded once more on his door before stomping back to her room, getting dressed into her last spare change of clothes. She'd have to mend her ruined shirt later. She was still fuming as she came back out of her room to wait for him.

"Arrrggh" Musa scowled. "I dont know what pounding means!!" He whinned and got up, still rubbing his head he moved to his backpack, opening it up he put on his black pants with a yellow laced and chained mini skirt over it, and a bright red shirt that looked like it had stitches all over it. He started to brush his hair when his phone started ringing, he fumbled with it for a minute then brought it to his ear.

"Hello...?..Oh Kumo..Im fine..Yes really.............You what?" Musa twitched and hung up the phone running out of his room in a panic.

Paul raised a brow, seeing the display of anger before him. He quietly knocked on Morlaina's door, thinking twice before actually doing so. "Are you alright?" th lad asked politely. "You're corncerning me..."

Morlaina yanked the door open violently, steam flying out of her nostrils as she glared at whomever dared to disturb her tantrum. Seeing it was Paul, she calmed down slightly.

"Just fine," She ground out through gritted teeth. She stepped out into the hall as Musa flew by. Morlaina scowled.

"Is Illumil up yet?"

He shook his head. "You look like you're not a morning person." Paul joked, to try and calm her down. He, for once in his life, to befriend someone. The young martial artist never really had a real companion, so he decided to break from tradition.

Musa ran down the steps of the hotel, his mind was fumbling for reasons. He saw Kumo in the waiting room and he glared pointing at him, "YOU!" He seethed as he tackled him glaring. "What!?" Musa twitched, Kumo laughed at him. "I see your happy in the mornings.." Kumo said lightly, trying to push Musa off of him. "Why are you here Kumooooo.." Musa whinned, sitting on Kumo's chest with his legs crossed.

"I got a weird letter, it told me to come here.." He said, sitting up, Making Musa fall onto Kumo's knee's. "Ow..Hey a weird letter..I wanna see.." Musa said curiously, Kumo checked in the back of his pockets for it, then produced the letter. Musa tilted his head then twitched. "Err..I should probably show this to Morlaina....." He laughed somewhat nervously. "Who?" Kumo asked raising his eyebrow, snatching the paper back away from Musa, who growled.

"Heeeeey I was lookin at it..." He pouted.

Morlaina's eye twitched spastically, and she let out a long, slow hiss of air.

"I'm not," She said flatly, grabbing him by the sleeve and hauling him towards the elevator. "Come on, Paul-san, we need to get to the lobby. Illumil can find us there when she wakes up."

The elevator ride--and the tacky, gaudy music that went with it--successfully sharpened her temper and she tried her hardest not to storm out of it, looking around the lobby for the poor, stupid fool who decided to sneak into her room this morning. She couldn't see him anywhere.

Paul looked around the lobby, seeing nobody but Morlaina and himself. He tried to confront her again. "Who are we waiting for, Morlaina-chan?" He didn't know if 'chan' was proper, and he regretted saying it afterwards.

Morlaina jumped minutely, not used to being addressed with honorifics, but shrugged it off.

"The doctor that Musa-san and I met yesterday at the hospital. He should be around her somewhere, preferably cowering. I'm going to throttle him when I get my hands on him."

"Get your hands on who?" A cheerful, impish voice asked from behind. Morlaina's eye twitched and she whirled about, lunging at the perpetrator.

Vicente danced out of the way, laughing. "You're a spitfire in the morning, I see. What kind of gratitude is that?"