• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Hunted

Illumil watched Kumo and Musa argue, and giggled at them again. Here attention snapped back in surprise when Vincente asked her his question. She thought about it for a moment, then gave a big, Chesire-cat smile.

"I guess you could say," Illumil answered, "I work in demolitions."

Vicente pulled his chair away from her a wee bit. "Demolitions? Huh. I work in cutting people open."

Morlaina, who had seen Illumil's giggle, grinned mischieviously. She leaned in and stage-whispered to the fairy loud enough for Musa and Kumo to hear, "Don't they look cute together? They were having a lover's spat earlier."

Paul felt a little enlightened after recieving the gesture. "I thank you, Morlaina-san." The boy fould feel his illness acting up again, so he quickly took another swig of the tea to calm his stress.

Then he looked over to Vicente. "You creep the soul out of me..."

Vicente grinned at him widely. "Then I'll just have to catch it for my collection, won't I?"

Morlaina reached around Paul's back and slapped Vicente upside the head.

"Be nice. Not everyone's a blood-sucking doctor."

Vicente looked affronted. "I'm not a doctor. I'm an assassin, thank you very much."

"But you didn't deny drinking blood."

Vicente only grinned.

Kumo glared over at Musa, "Well I can see why they would want you then Musa, if this is the kind of thing they're after. You're wanting all over the world for mass destruction, that and your banned from alot of countries..." Musa laughed nervously, "So!...Im sure..lots of people are!..." He said defensively. Kumo rolled his eyes. "What about you! You where rebellious in your younger days!" Musa pouted.

"Im ten days Younger than you, what younger days?" Kumo teased drinking the water. Musa glared, "Remember!! You used to go on those mass killing spree's!! And then there was INDONESIA! Dont get me started on what happened there!" Musa half yelled, Kumo almost spit out his water. "I told you not to talk about Indonesia infront of people! And your the one that cut off the royal tigers head okay!?" Kumo growled, Musa growled back, "I told you before that was an accident!!" Musa flailed his arms around fruastratedly.

"How do you Accidentally cut a tigers head off!?" Kumo asked crossing his arms. "What a demonstration?" Musa hissed.

"I hope so. Would we be the ladies-in-waiting, or the flower girls?" Morlaina's grin grew wider. Their feuding was simply serving as fodder for the girls' teasing.

Vicente, who was still rubbing the side of his head, gave her a creeped-out look, though the look on his face was almost nostalgic.

Morlaina burst out laughing at that. She was surprised the two fighting hadn't noticed their conversation yet.

Vicente scooted his stool farther away from them, hoping not to be subjected to such teasing himself.

Kumo grumbled, "This is getting us no where.." He sighed and shook his head. Musa crossed his arms turning away from Kumo, scooting as far from him as possible. "I dont even want to talk to you.." Musa said snobbily, Kumo rolled his eyes and raised his leg kicking Musa off his seat. "OW Dammit! What was that for!?" Musa seethed.

Kumo Grinned, "For trying to trip me earlier." He turned back to everyone else at the table was Musa brushed himself off and sat back down glaring daggers into the side of Kumo's head.

"So we know this Event is bad, and that it could do harm to us...How many others do you think got the same letter that we all did..?" Kumo asked. Musa stretched rubbing his sore back, "And what where you guys laughing about?" He asked.

Paul snickered at the demented assassin, putting his hand close to his face. He looked over to the bickering couple, and the laughing girls to his right. What a bunch we are. I wounder who the most sane in our little party... He chuckled some more, then polished his tea.

Illumil rocked onto her belly, propping her head in her hands as she gazed at Kumo and Musa.

"Look at how in love they are," she said dreamily. "They don't even notice us, they're so focused on each other!"

Morlaina simply laughed harder. Waving her hand dismissively she said, "Oh, it was nothing."

She sobered up. "This 'event' is bad. Other than the people here, we don't know who all is involved." She turned to Vicente, as if hoping he would bring the information to light.

He shook his head. "The only files I found were the ones on you. I don't know where any of the others are. I'm not even sure if the others are still alive."

"W-WHAT!? I-in love? With this guy! N-no way!" Musa blushed pushing Kumo away from him, far away, until he was pressed against the wall. Kumo laughed, "Alot of people make that mistake, thats why he's so sensitive to it." Kumo poked Musa in the stomach. Musa pouted, "I hate you..why does everyone think thaaaat.." He whined and crossed his arms burying his blushing face into them.

Musa looked up, "Hey..Could that explain the death of the one lady at the bottom of the window, or was that just a suicide?" Musa asked tilting his head to the side.

Morlaina, whose smile had been growing wider the more the two picked on each other, vanished.

"I suppose so. I doubt it could be anything else."

Vicente seemed suddenly preoccupied with something, as though a thought had just occurred to him. He was rolling a brilliant, round emerald between his fingers. Morlaina watched him sharply.

"Have something to contribute, Vicente?"

He jumped, startled, and shook his head. "Just something I want to check on." He stood, pushing away from the counter. "I'll be back later. You keep investigating, or whatever it is you lot do during the day."

He headed for the door, and Morlaina looked tempted to chase after him.

"YES." Paul's arms shoot up in the air, signaling that he was extemely relived. He brought his arms close to himself, feeling his comfort returning to himself. The lad looked satisfied more now than ever. "More herbal tea for me, please."

Musa sighed and curled up hugging his knee's to his chest. "Well..When we find out something, a whole new box of questions opens up so what now..?" He asked, crinkling his eyebrows together. Kumo shook his head and leaned back some, "If anything, just be on gaurd and im sure the answers will come to us, if they're killing us off we should sleep in pairs, that way if one of us dies the other can capture whoever did it, or something along the lines of that. It would be hard to kill the worlds 'strongest' if we team up.." Kumo suggested.

Musa eyed him, "Oh how thoughtful of you Kumo.." He said rolling his eyes. Kumo blinked, "Hey you think I'd just let you die or something?" Kumo asked raising his eyebrow. "Anyway..What do you all think of that plan?" Kumo looked back to the table of people.

Morlaina frowned and pushed herself off her stool, stalking after Vicente furiously. She caught him outside the bar. He looked vaguely surprised.

"What're you doing?"

"Nothing! I said I'm going to go check on something, that's all."

She frowned. "Oh? Then you don't mind if I follow you, then?"

He smiled mysteriously. "You can't."

Morlaina huffed. She was about to explain to him just how she could when he threw the emerald down. It shattered upon contact, and amidst a haze a green rocky crops of emerald shot out of the ground, completely encasing him. Before she could even step forward it shattered, and Vicente was nowhere to be found. She gaped for a minute before storming back inside, slamming her fist down on the counter and ordering another coffee.

"Can someone tell me why he's allowed to do that?!" She came in as she heard the end of Kumo's explanation, and she frowned in confusion. "Say what?"

"Obvious jokes about the intentions of the plan aside," Illumil said. "I think it sounds like a good plan. After hearing that, I'm not sure I want to sleep alone tonight."

Morlaina, although having been absent, picked up some context clues and smirked. "As she said, obvious jokes aside I think it's a good idea." She eyed the two over in the corner. "But if what you say about having no romantic intentions is true then you won't mind Paul-san sharing the room with you."

Paul looked at Musa, probally the person he'd be bunking with. "I don't mind it. I think it's brilliant, infact." He wished he could explain to Morlaina what just took place, but he wasn't sure how without sounding awkward.

"I wont let anyone else but me sleep with Musa. He's MY responsibility..." Kumo said sipping more of his water.

"Besides, me and Musa sleep together all the time, "Kumo smirked at him,"He just cant stand it when he gets his little night terrors! He comes in all scared and frightened, ahh.." Kumo sat back shaking his head. Musa fummed, "Its only during thunder storms! And you know I cant help it!!" Musa pouted and blushed embarressedly.

"Im sure Paul, or anyone wouldn't want to deal with Musa's obscene bedtime behavior..Im not sure how he doesnt tangle himself up and accidentally stangle himself.." Kumo finished the water.

Illumil gave Kumo and Musa a blank stare. "I think you could've worded that better if you didn't want us to think you're a couple." She stood up. "I suppose that leave's me with Morlaina, not that any of you could do anything untoward with me unless you had some Q-tips handy."

The foolish boy scoffed. "I'm sure I can handle whatever either of you two can throw at me. It's nothing you should concern yourself about." Paul crossed his arms as he smirked at the two of them.

Morlaina, while laughing, turned an odd shade of green. "Fine, but Paul-san is still bunking with you. No offense, buddy, but you're a guy."

She turned away from the three guys, looking at Illumil. "I think bunking in my room is better, seeing as how it's right across from Musa-san's. That way we're closeby if someone needs help."

Kumo sighed and put a protective arm around Musa. "Alright but your sleeping on the spare bed pal.." Kumo said to Paul. Musa looked up at him raising his eyebrow. "How about that one man that you chased after?" Kumo asked Morlaina. "Where does he go, does he not sleep at the hotel..?"

Musa played with the front of Kumo's collar boredly, "Why did you wear this shirt its sooo ugly.." Musa said playfully, Kumo raised his eyebrow looking down at him, "Im so sorry I dont live up to your fashion standards Musa.." He said blandly.

Morlaina raised an eyebrow. "Good idea. Though, seeing as how the leader seems to have some sort of financial connection to the hotel I doubt they'd blow any part of it up." Morlaina drained the rest of her coffee and looked at the clock on the wall. "Would you look at that? Already noon." She eyed Kumo. "I doubt he sleeps at the hotel, and besides, he's safe. He's posing as one of the officials; they won't blow him up." She winked at Illumil. "He's more likely to explode around us."

She stood. "If we want to get everyone's stuff situated in their new rooms we'd better start now. It could take all day." She headed for the door, waving for everyone to follow.

Before Paul could get a single word in, the two were at it again! He projected his voice, so that he would be heard. "That's quite fine, as long as you two don't keep me up with your lovey-dovey arguing." He could just invision what the nights would be like...

Morlaina laughed at she left the bar. She grinned at Paul. "I think we're rubbing off on you." She continued on down the sidewalk, knowing the rest were following her at some distance or other. She wondered how long the moving would take, or if the officials would notice.

Illumil giggled at Paul's comment before fluttering after Morlaina.

"You've got a point there," she said to her. "My stuff shouldn't be hard to move. I travel light, after all." She fluttered around Morlaina's head as a demonstration.

"Lots better than moving my gear into your room," Morlaina concurred. She wondered what was taking the 'couple' so long. "How long do you think we'll have to keep this up? I don't want to wait until this 'event' starts. It smells of trouble to me."

Musa stood up and nodded, "Well it looks like all the terms are agreed with!" He smiled and stretched, his limps sore from sitting. Kumo stood up brushing some dust off his lap. He walked forward, dragging Musa along with his towards the door.

"Heeey..I can walk myself you know.." Musa said pouting. Kumo just shook his head, "Maybe I'd believe you if you werent constantly making a chorus with the cracking of your own bones, you know thats horrible for you right?" Kumo asked raising his eyebrow. Musa pouted, "Yeah so is your smoking!" He looked away stubbornly.

Kumo rolled his eyes, "You and your constant complaining, Hurry up or I'll go on ahead and leave you behind.." Kumo said as they walked down the sidewalks back to the hotel.

Illumil considered Morlaina's question.

"I can't imagine it'd be much longer," she said. "If I were engineering a competition, be it a trap or otherwise, I'd want to make sure my contenders didn't have much of a chance to get bored and leave before it begins."

The young martial artist caught up with the rest of the group. Just observing the rest of the group was hysterical. Then he got on the more serious note of things. "Of course it does. The world's strongest warriors couldn't be sorted together for a little intervention."

The lobby was practically abandoned as the group arrived. the clerk was snoozing at her desk, and so Morlaina led the way to the elevator, waiting until everyone was in before pressing the button for the third floor.

Morlaina considered Illumil's words. "Perhaps they're confident we can't leave," she stated slowly, the thought occuring to her. It was a rather dampening, and chilling, thought. "Perhaps they have something set up to keep us from leaving the city."

They arrived at the third floor.

Musa shivered somewhat, "If that where true what would it be?..Some sort of accident like the roads caving in..?" Musa asked, he bit his lower lip. "Maybe they already assume we know about their pressances, and assume we wont leave.." Kumo stated.

"Perhaps, for both suggestions." She stopped in front of her door. "We'll go get Illumil's stuff. You boys go about bringing Paul-san's gear to Musa-san's room. We want this done by nightfall, preferably."

Morlaina started off down the hallway again. "What bugs me is the absolute lack of activity on the part of the officials. Exactly what are they waiting for? A signal? From what? About what?"