• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Hunted

Morlaina watched with growing interest as the odd man had a semi-lengthy conversation with someone over the cell for no apparent reason. She had said shady people didn't ask what shady people were doing, but today she had done nothing shady at all, thus making her eligible for the role of investigator. She polished off her coffee and ordered another.

Another sigh escaped Musa's lips as he gripped the edges of the coat bringing it more firmly around him. Kumo would kill him if he ever lost it, he smiled at the thought of his motherly friend chasing him down the road for messing up the gift he gave him. He missed everyone at home, but he couldnt just sit back and enjoy life from one spot, also something interested him about this part of the city. He heard an interesting rumor and just had to come.

Musa was never one to believe in rumors, but he had heard something about a special event that was going to happen. It was of course a rumor, and not many people where speaking about it so he labeled this event as a bad one. Those kind of events interesting him the most, though it was probably just a rumor. Musa looked around the bar and noticed the pale, green-eyed woman from before, he smiled for a moment waving, he also noticed she was sitting with some other man. Smiling kindly he turned back to his water, regarding the clear substance for a minute. He heard the bar tender ask him if he wanted a refill, which he nodded.

He always had an odd fascination with water that was unexplainable. He liked the taste, the way it looked, he liked to swim in it. He also remember the Hotel he was staying at had a pool, so he already found out what his day was going to revolve around. He noticed other people looking at him oddly, he usually labeled those looks as because of his hair color, or his awkward clothing.

Morlaina waved back guardedly, wondering if he had noticed her attention.

"There's something up with that guy," She told her companion, "he seemed pretty shady last night." Of course, she neglected to mention that she seemed pretty shady last night, too. "I wonder if he got a note like ours..."

The boy sat down. He then ordered his herbal tea, and slowly ate his eggs. "I see. If he does have the message, perhaps he knows more than we do." he asked in a softer voice, being carefull not to alert the odd man. He drank his tea, eyeing the man while doing so.

Morlaina eyed him as well. "I'd rather not ask him directly, or alude to us having messages ourselves. For all we know, he is an enemy. That's why I'm watching him, in case he does something that might indicate his possible position in this matter." Morlaina smiled when more coffee was put in front of her. She took a long gulp, feeling the scorching fluid flow down her throat. "We need to be careful of who we trust." She eyed him suspiciously to make her point.

Musa let his attention wonder back to the event that was suppose to be taking place. He wondered what it really was, and if it really was some sort of criminal intention feat. His back shivered and he laughed nervously at the thought of people abducting others. He shook his head, something like that wouldnt be planned would it.

He looked around him shiftily, eyeing some people before picking his cell back up and dialing a number, he spoke in a hushed voice so no one could hear him, unless right next to him. "Kumo..Could you send me something..Im staying at the Mason hotel at the moment..Yeah that really isnt that far..Good..I want Kurosu and Souba..Dont worry about those kind of things..Yeah yeah when I get back.." He hung up the phone and placed it back into his pocket, smiling somewhat.

Musa's eyes narrowed as he kept the mischevious smile, it was likely someone at the hotel would know something about this little event, since it was suppose to be the center of it. He sipped at his newly refilled water.

Paul didn't quite like the look on the mysterious stranger's face. "Yes, he seems to be rather... Hard to place." He took another quiet bite of Egg, and washed it down with the herbal tea. "It will be hard to find this man's motives in this position."

Morlaina nodded in agreement as she finished off her pancakes. "We'll have to stall until he leaves, then follow at a distance. We know he stays at the Mason's, at least. His room is across from mine, apparently."

Musa looked over as a butterfly, that apparently had flown in by accident landed on his coat, around the shoulder, he turned his head. "Silly creature..If I touch you it could mean your death..you must be running from the cold.." Musa stood up, setting an amount of money under his drink, not caring to look up for the price of water so he paid more than he expected, and just let the rest go as a tip to the attentive bar tender.

He walked out the door, "Your better off cold than dead though.." He said quietly, he walked back off into the direction of the Mason Hotel.

Morlaina narrowed her eyes as he vacated the bar and stood casually, paying Smitty for her meal and coffee as she left the bar, leaning against the wall as she waited for her ally. She noticed the odd man was heading in the direction of the Hotel.

Musa found his way back to the Mason's. He saw his friend Kumo leaning against his Motorcycle, cigerette between his thin lips and his arms crossed as he looked up at his friend. "Oh Kumo, I didnt mean you had to come right away.." Musa chuckled softly at his friends over-seriousness in situations like this. "You wanted it you get it.." Kumo said handing him the package he had wanted, the long box was about half the height as Musa. Musa smirked looking at his friend, "You haven't changed at all but.." He walked forward taking the cigerette and stomping on it.

"I plan on living with you until where mummified so you better quite that habit.." Musa turned and heard his friend protesting, but he had other matters, he would just call him anyway. Walking up the stairs, he was headed for his room with the long package in hand.

Morlaina followed him into the hotel, fifty feet behind him, and took the elevator to the third floor, knowing her ally was following her there. She saw him striding down the hallway, and followed quietly.

Paul quickly paid the bartender the fee, with exact changed. he sped off to catch up with the pale-skinned woman.

After a few minutes had passed, he'd caught up with Morlaina. "You're incredibly fast for a person of your firgure." Paul said softly. "Have you learned anything in my absence?"

Musa opened the door to his room, and set the package down, closing it firmly. He sat on the bed and opened it slowly, he took out the long katana and ran his hand down the shealth in appreciation of its beauty. He took out the other one as well and sat the two swords together on his bed. Setting the box away by the trash, knowing room service would get the hint.

Musa smiled at the two blades. "I might make use of you later..but for now.." He turned to his backpack and took out the yellow and black swim trunks and matching skin shirt. He wasnt to keen on showing all the scars on his chest so he usually swam with both articals of cloths on, unless alone.

He figured he could change in a changing room down at the pool, so he unbound his hair and started to brush it. He wondered how many people would be down there.

Morlaina pulled him into her suite, nodding seriously. "Yes. He has an acquaintance of a sort, and received a long, thin package from him. I believe it to be some kind of weapon. Most likely a brand of sword, of Eastern origin. It was too thin to be anything else, and too long to be anything else, and even though a rifle would be long enough, the components inside rattle when moved. He's in his room now. We'll watch and follow when he leaves."

((OC: You know, it's funny how this seems to be one big misunderstanding. XD )

Musa smiled pleased at his apperance and walked out of the room, just as he did he heard his cellphone ringing, he ran back in to answer it. "Hello..?..Why are you calling now...? Dinner..? My thats a bold move..I was kidding..Sure, I'll be there..Yeah later..Bye.." He hung up the phone, then moved back out the open door, closing and locking it, his change of cloth in hand.

He walked down the stairs, and out to where the pool was, he saw some other people and smiled. At least he wouldnt look strange swimming all alone, he went to the changing room and changed into his swimming material and went back out, looking down into the depth of the water. He knew some people where looking at him, with his odd hair and deathly thin apperance.

He probably looked like some sort of Mutant or ghost to them, he laughed quietly at the thought. He licked his lips nervously, he had always been self-concious.

The lad glanced at the stranger's door with a precise lock-on. "I'd rather like to know what he's intending to do with that weapon... He seems to be a warrior of some sort, at least." Paul kneeled to re-fasten his sandles, but decided not to, seeing as it would make a distraction.

"I agree." Morlaina let her companion out of the suite and locked the door behind them. At once she set out at a swift pace towards the elevator, hitting the ground floor. She slowed as they began to approach the pool, wondering how exactly they were going to keep an eye on him without drawing attention to themselves. While she was at it, she wondered why he was going to the pool of all things. Perhaps she had been mistaken, and the object he received was some form of chemo-toxin that, for all appearances, was no different than water?

She shook her head to rid herself of these half-baked ideas. At the same time something occured to her.

"By the way, I don't think I've formally introduced myself. I'm Morlaina."

Smiling to himself, he slipped into the water, and watching as some children giddily rushed passed him in the water. He had always been protective of little things for some reason, and wondered if they'd be alright on their own. Looking at all the worried glances of mothers and fathers and smiled somewhat at peice of mind that they probably had someone watching over them.

He dunked his head into the water enjoying the cool substance as it trickled down his being. Water always relaxed him. He was basking in the relaxation of his paradise when a small girl bumped into him. He smiled, "Are you alright..?" He asked, the girl shyly nodded and went back off into the shallow waters. He noticed the child seemed scared, though it was probably because she had knocked into him. Or because his apperance scared her, either way.

Musa licked his lips again as he leaned against the side of the pool, surveying the lot of people there. Some where eyeing him right back, though, probably because he was strange looking.

Morlaina looked at her surroundings, casting about for some way to keep an eye on him. It wasn't until she spotted a public balcony jutting out over the pool to her left that an idea occured to her. She gestured to her companion--who still hadn't given his name--and ascended the nearest flight of stairs, coming out on the second floor. The balcony was just ten feet away, and she stepped out onto it. It gave a perfect view of the pool, and she swung herself over the edge, sitting on the rail.

Paul was slightly embarresed. "Ah yes. My name is Paul. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier." As he said this, he spotted the man at the pool's side, and eyed him expecting trouble. "There's just something I don't like about this man..." he mumbled to himself. "What would he be doing here?

Morlaina swung her legs back and forth for a little while, shielding her eyes from the sun with one hand and grasping the rail with the other. He looked to be relaxing in the pool, of all things. He made no threatening move that she could make out, and she could see perfectly from here. She frowned. It didn't make sense at all.

She beat her fist against the rail.

A bellhop walked up to room 151, pushing a cart with some sort of machine on it. When he got there, he knocked on the door. The sound awoke Illumil, who was asleep on her pillow under a hand towel. She rubbed her eyes, stretched, and fluttered over to the door, completely forgetting she had removed her dress before she went to sleep. She pulled open the door and fluttered up to eye-level with the bellhop.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Er, uh..." the bellhop stammered, trying not to look directly at Illumil's body. A little difficult, considering all ten inches of it were in front of his face. "I brought the change machine you asked for."

"Oh, thank you," Illumil replied, fluttering down to the door handle to pull it open wider. "The tokens are by the door. It was so difficult bringing those up here, there was no way I was going to carry them all back down again."

The bellhop carted the machine into the room and proceeded to dump the coins into a funnel on the top of the machine. The the numbers on the digital readout flucuated rapidly, eventually settling on a reletively high number once all the coins had been processed. The bellhop pressed a button on the machine, which then dispensed a number of bills and a few coins. He then took the legal tender and presented them to fairy hovering over his shoulder.

"There you are, ma'am," he said. He looked a tad puzzled as to how she was going to carry even this.

"Keep the change," Illumil said as she cheerfully accepted the bills. She tugged one out of the wad and handed it to him. "And this, too, for your trouble. I really can't thank you enough."

"It was no problem," the bellhop replied, taking the bill and towing the machine out of the room.

"This is so much easier to do with paper money," Illumil remarked. A breif glittering over the bills, and they magically folded themselves into smaller versions of themselves. The bellhop stared at the trick in awe as Illumil shut the door. "Very many thanks! Bye!"

She flew over to the pillow and put the money into her purse. She then took a short shower in the bathroom sink before puttng on a two-peice bathing suit and grabbing a fairy-sized towel from her luggage. Soon, she was out the door and on her way to the pool. She arrived in short order, laying the towel on a deck table and laying down to soak up some rays.

Musa closed his eyes letting the water wash over him, until he heard what sounded like a stiffled whimper not to far away. He opened his eyes to see the small child that had bumped into him. He frowned looking around, where was this girls mother?
Musa waited another five minutes for a parent to realize their child, then he got fed up with it and walked over to the little girl who was sitting on the steps in the shallow pool, clutching the rail.

"Hey..are you alright..?" He asked gently, the girled looked at him with startled brown eyes. "Where's your mother or father..is someone here with you..?" Musa asked again, trying to coax the girl to be more relaxed. She shook her head, then stammered out very scared she had no clue where her mother was and that she had been waiting for hours.

Musa knew children had horrible perceptive of time, but even a single hour was to long to leave a small child unattended. "Well whats your name sweetheart...?" He asked, "Relena.." She replied softly, Musa nodded his head. "Lets go up to the front desk and ask them about your Mother alright..?" He said taking the girls hand and leading her out of the water. He sighed, parents were more out of control than teenagers these days.

Morlaina noticed that Illumil was out on the deck, and though she might have called out in greeting at any other time she was a bit preoccupied at the moment. She gripped the rail with one hand and pulled her whole body up, using the momentum to swing the rest of her back over the rail in a flip. She narrowly avoided clipping Paul on the head, and muttered an apology as she bolted into the hall at full speed.

She stopped at the bottom of the stairwell and glanced out, watching and waiting as their target walked up to the front desk.

Paul swiftly followed his newly-found friend carefully. He noticed her anger, and wounder as to what was this man up to. It seemed like he had some sort of a child-like dispostion. Paul caught up with Morlaina in a matter of minutes.

Musa took the girl up to the desk. "Whats your mothers name..?" He asked, she replied, "Saraiya.." She said, Musa inquired to the man at the desk where this woman's room was, after explaining the situation. "Could you watch her for a moment..?" Musa asked, the man nodded and left Relena with the man as he ascended to room 74.

He didnt want Relena to hear all the colorful things he had to say to a parent that leaves their child unattended for so long, he reached the room and knocked on the door waiting for a reply. No one answered, he turned the nob, it was unlocked. He walked in, and called. "Hello..Miss Saraiya.."

No one answered, he walked into the room and noticed an open window. He walked over to shut it so bugs wouldnt get confused and lost in the room when he noticed a body at the bottom of the drop, narrowing his eyes he decided against touching the window and closed the door walking back down.

"Dammit..I didnt take my cell phone.."

Morlaina had followed him up to the room, and stood in the doorway as he pronounced that last sentence.

"The room has a phone you know." She let it out easily, casually, as if it wasn't at all unnatural for her to be standing there, having blatantly followed him. She put one hand on her hip and the other in her pocket, waiting, an Ihwaz rune gripped tightly within her hidden grasp.

His eyes widened somewhat. "I hadn't though of that.." He said quietly, he looked over at the table by the bed and picked up the phone dailing a number. "Yes..Yes I'd like to report a dead body at the bottom of room 74, it seems to be a window accident..I will..Thank you sir.." Musa hung up the phone then looked at the Green-eyed woman.

"I didnt expect to see you here..Though its good that you did..I need to tell the man at the front about this though..Could you move?" Musa asked trying to sound polite in the hectic situation.

Illumil sat up slightly, propped up on her elbows. She thought she saw someone on the second-floor balcony. The woman looked familiar, even in the breif moment she saw her in which she had flipped back off the rail and snuck off. Who could that have been?

Oh, yes. It was that woman who helped her out last night. Illumil wondered what she was up to up there. Ogling the pool boys in the swim trunks, perhaps? She giggled to herself and lay back down.

((OC: Nice, Gardevoir. That would be my impression if I saw a girl up there. XD ))

Morlaina moved out of the way, knowing Paul was doing the same behind her. Morlaina eyed him as he passed, intent on following his every move until she received some solid answers.

((Sonjo's off for the night, so he won't be replying to all of this.))

Musa walked back down to the main room. He saw Relena and leaned over the desk to whisper to the man at the desk, who seemed to get the hint and leaned over. "I saw the body of someone below the room, I called 911, they're coming over right away, They told me to inform you.." He whispered so Relena couldnt hear.

Musa bent over to be eye level with Relena. "Did you come here with anyone other than your Mother..?" He asked, the girl shook her head explaining how she had come with her Mother and Father, and the Father was out making reservations at some fancy Dinner resturant. "Keep her here until her father shows up.." Musa said turning and leaving, he was shivering from just getting out of the pool and wanted to get dressed, since he had lost his desire for swimming.

He was headed back up to his room so he could change into something more comfortable and dry.

Morlaina had premeditated his next course of action, and was holed up behind her door, peeking through the crack between it and the wall. She saw him coming up the hall, and she leaned a bit into the room to avoid being seen.

He opened his door and walked inside closing the door hafly as he hurriedly got redressed on his bed. Putting on some normal black jeans and a light blue shirt that said, "Hearts X Money". He looked at the Katana's splayed on his bed and took Souba tracing his fingers over the glinting metal and smirked. "Now I know I'll get to use you..This place has chaos written all over it.." He stashed the two katana's under his bed and closed the door locking it behind him.

Illumil yawned and rolled over. This was so boring. Why does anyone do this sort of thing? All you do is lay there. Granted, it was either this or swim, and at her size she may as well swim in a pool of piranha. Other swimmers may not see her, and then things'd get a little ugly.

Sighing, she stood up, wrapped her towel around her waist, and fluttered back up to her floor.

Morlaina, during the time he had been in his room, had grabbed her stash of runes, chalk and a gun she had hidden inside her toiletries bag. She stashed them away inside her coat and watched him leave his room again, tensing and waiting for the perfect moment to begin following him again. She started, however, as Illumil came fluttering down the hallway. Despite the fact she liked the little fairy she hoped she didn't stop to chat. She needed to keep track of this guy...

Musa walked down the steps and saw that Relena's father had came back. He seem terribly distressed, which answered his question of weither that body had been Relena's mother or another person. He shook his head, one of the cops came up to question him, they where talking to other people as well around the entire area of the hotel.
It was getting increasingly later in the day and Musa felt he had forgotten something as he answered all the questions. They later confirmed it had been the body of Saraiya. Though Musa wondered if it was an Accident, Suicide..or Murder. The cop finished with him and he looked at the time and gasped. He had to be somewhere, he rushed straight out of the doors of the hotel and ran down the street.

Morlaina had been hanging about the lounge in boredom, answering a few questions, posing as just another bystander. She jerked out of her boredom-induced trance, however, when the odd man suddenly jumpstarted out the lobby's front door. Morlaina cursed and fumbled to her feet, running after him in a panic. Damn him--he had simply been waiting for her to lose focus before running off! She grit her teeth and ran harder, attempting to catch up.

Illumil noticed Morlaina as she fluttered to her room. She had wanted to say hi, but the woman seemed rather intense at the moment. Remembering what she saw at the pool, Illumil's fairy curiousity took hold. What could that woman be up to?

Illumil quickly flew to her room. She just had to know what was going on, and she wasn't going to find out in just a little bikini and a towel. She grabbed her dress, put it on over her bathing suit, and fluttered back into the hallway. She hid behind a corner until Morlaina took off. She fluttered after her, still very curious.

Musa ran down the sidewalk until he reached the place he was suppose to be at, he clutched at his knee's panting, then walked inside of the small little resturant. He spotted Kumo and walked over, Kumo looked disgruntled and somewhat aggitated, Musa laughed. "Sorry..Theirs cops all over the place and something came up..I kind of forgot I promised to meet you here.." He apologized quietly with a bow of his head.

"Cops..Musa what did you do now..?" Kumo glared, Musa shook his head, "No I..really, it was some random scene, A woman was at the bottom of the building dead..so I called the cops and they asked some questions..again..Im sorry.." Musa looked at the candle on the table and was transfixed on the shiny fire for a moment before smiling. " Why did you plan this so suddently Kumo..?" Musa asked tilting his head to the side, Kumo shook his head. "I was worried about you.." He admitted, Musa giggled rather girlishly and stuck his tongue out.

"Yeah you seem to do that alot.." A waiter came over and took their orders, Musa turned his attention back to Kumo. "You know you dont have to worry about me..Its fine.." He said to his friend, who shook his head and sighed. "Your always getting yourself into so much trouble...I hate it that your mixed up in something dangerous.." Kumo looked around the resturant surveying some people suspiciously. Musa laughed again, "Dangerous? Im just seeing if the rumors are true..I could save alot of lives if I catch whoever is planning something dangerous..Thats why I came.." Musa said looking down at the fancy white cloth, the waiter brought them their food.

Kumo still didnt look pleased at all and Musa gave him a sheepish grin, "I promise next time I go somewhere I'll take you with me..kay?"