• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Expedition RP

Zaria sighed as she continued to walk around near the shops, a small bag with a few supplies on her back. She had the flyer in her bag in case she had to check anything. She was about to give up. Just as she was about to turn back, her ears perked up. Her eyes darted to where she heard the talking. A small group. A Buneary, Dewott and some other Pokemon. Huh. They seemed to have supplies, too. Were they with whoever 'James' was as well? Might as well ask. Zaria quickly got out the flyer from her bag and walked over to group, flyer in her mouth. "Uh, hi there! Do.. you know who James or whatever is and where he is?" The small Zorua questioned and dropped the flyer. She pointed at it with her paw.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Hello! Right here! Did you want to join the party? We're just about to leave town." James drank more water. "You came just in time." James drank more water again. He could really feel the heat now, so he drank more and more water. He didn't want to get sun stroke out here.

Zaria nodded quickly and smiled. "Yeah! I've already got all my supplies an' that in here." She nudged the bag a bit. "So, everyone here is going?" She asked as her tail swayed side to side slowly. It usually showed she was rather happy.

Last edited:
"Yup!" Floss answered the Zorua, a smile still adorned upon her fluffy features. "I'm so excited! Imagine what we're gonna find!" Her magenta eyes sparkled with all the anticipation that had been building up inside her for so long.

i literally have no muse

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima looked at the newcomer. She had come just in time for the trip. He was happy at all the new friends he would make, the places they’d see, the treasures they’d find, and of course, just the thought of traveling. “Welcome to the group! You’re just in time!” He said to the newcomer. He then looked at all of they, and tried to catch their attention. “Just once more. My name is Nijima, at your service. I hope to be of use on this trip!” He said. He then waited until they started moving. He needed to move a bit slower, considering Sigilyph are decently fast, and he was definitely a bit faster than most of the Pokémon in front of him.

Zaria nodded a bit and smiled. The Zorua bowed her head, probably in respect, and glanced up the others. "My name is Zaria! Zaria Akiyama! Nice to meet everyone!" She said contently.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Nice to meet you as well." James said. "Okay everyone! It's time to go!" James smiled, and started walking south out of town. "Heck yeah!" He mumbled.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James stayed in front, because he knew where the group was going, and because he was the one with the map. Eventually they reached the end of the town. James stopped to look out into the dessert. There were lots of rolling dunes, and that was it.

Barely anything was in the desert. There weren't any Pokemon within eyesight as the group gathered outside. It was just as her expectations were: sand and sand and sand for miles on end. Cacti and cacti. Occasionally. "Wow. This is already thrilling," Kinesis commented. It was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. Her voice was almost always monotone.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well there's more to this desert. The map only shows so far. There could be anything past this desert. We just have to cross it first." James drank more water. "And luckily, the sand is softer than I thought."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“We still need to watch our backs. There could be anyone here. Other Pokémon living under the sand. Anything.” Nijima said, trying to assure everyone of the danger. He knew of it, as there were many Pokémon that lived in desert, but some only came out at certain times. “I can’t promise any successful use of my Miracle Eye, it can only reach so far.” He continued flying along with the Pokémon through the desert.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, yes there could be Pokemon living in the sand and stuff, but who said they had to be hostile to us? I'm probably being too optimistic, but still." James stared into the desert. "Well, we have to cross this desert now..." James took a large gulp of water. "It'll get a lot cooler as it gets late, so that's nice at least. Can't wait for us to get to that oasis!"

I feel as though this optimism of his is going to back fire, Kinesis thought as she started walking. "If memory serves, it's a two day walk, you mentioned, right?" The feline was calculating in her mind, then looked towards the sun. Barely pass noon, it'd be awhile before dusk arrives. She then scanned the skies a bit more, feeling her fur bristle.
Something about the environment. It felt... off. The weather, maybe? It's probable that Nijima senses it if his psychic abilities are more improved than mine. She quickly decided to brush off her intuition. No, my senses aren't that superior to that of a Xatu or anything. Must be paranoia getting to me.

With the thought aside, Kinesis added something to her previous statement. "This could be important. I recall learning that some desert inhabitants live within the sand and attack when there's a target nearby. I'd advise to watch your step," Kinesis noticed the only flying-type, not even touching the ground, "Well, except for you. You'll be fine-- Maybe."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Two days to the oasis, approximately. Then again, I'm not that good at maps so I'm most likely wrong. James looked at the sky, and then drank more water. "Then after that, there's more desert, and then it's a mystery. That's why we're exploring and not hiking." James drank more water. "Sheesh, even though it's a desert, it sure is fricken' hot..."

“Two days?” Flame looked as if he had seen something he was not suppose to. “I guess I can handle that, but...” he munched on an apple “May I have some of that good ol’ water of yours?” Flame said as he had an empty water bottle due to how hot it is and that he is a fire type. “Huh?” 3 bottles full of water dropped from his bag. “Nevermind...?”

"You're a fire-type though, why would you need water?" Kinesis tilted her head as the water bottles suddenly fell. "...You dropped something. I'm going off topic though... Hope you don't mind me taking one." The Espeon used her psychic abilities to pick one up, opening it. She drank from it quickly, capping it soon after. Refreshing. Although it isn't cold...
"I thought most fire-types just have a drive for high temperatures, isn't that almost like your fuel source?"

(who one lined D: I want this to be a functional RP)
Mark closed his umbrella and grabbed his bag, "So . . . let's get going, I don't want anyone to dehydrate here" he said as he stood up and shook off the sand on his body, "If this expedition goes well, if none of the myths I heard were true, then I can do this, I can make you proud dad" he thought, "Mom's going to get a new house, I'm going to be a Tool Maker. a Construction Worker, and everything I dreamed of" he kept on thinking, he heard Kinesis talked about a few of the new people who just arrived, how fire types don't need water "Well uhh some fire types need water, as long as they aren't fully dependent on fire like a Torkoal or a Slugma. there are some exceptions to fire types when uhh comes to water, I guess uh he's one of them, besides the water he drank doesn't affect his tail anyways" he said

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well everything that lives needs water at some point so..." James said, and then reached for another bottle of water. "Good lord, it's hot guys. It doesn't help that my floof makes me really hot... Anyways, anyone noticed how smooth this sand is? I didn't even really need this sleeping bag." James bent down and scooped some sand up into his webbed paws.

Mark immediately interrupted James "I'm highly againts uhh all of us sleeping on the sand . . . At night it's feeding time for Ekans, and Skorupis, so you'll get poisoned easily . . . not uhh to mention the Mandibuzzes" he said, "It's a good thing uh my mom got me . . . some bug spray." he said as he sprayed some on himself "Just use the sleeping bags . . . " Mark said quietly as he took out some water and drank it. "Have this guy ever been to a desert ?" he thought as he looked at James.

“You see.. I’m not a normal fire type, I was lost in the wild for 6 years, and without much nutrition except wild berries and all,” Flames fire flared much more and had more color.. “I’m kinda have a weaker fire type, I’m a normal-ish fire type, you could say.”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Pahsalun is a desert. I have literally lived in a desert almost my whole life." James corrected. "Also, why are we treating certain types of pokemon like they are pests and not Pokemon? Ekans may be Ekans, but that doesn't make them not pokemon. They are just us but Ekans. Annnnnnddddd.... none of the pokemon you mentioned were bugs so your spray wouldn't even work anyways."

"Normalish-fire?" Kinesis was dumbfounded, aside from the fact she is also questioning James knowledge of the desert. There are some Pokemon that would take advantage of a sleeping target lying on the sand. Even during the day, Mandibuzzes were aggressive and normally attacked on sight. She questioned the thought of even having a bug spray, why would someone make them any way? It's not a forest.
A silent pause, I'm surrounded by crazy personalities.

“Huh? Why is my tail acting a bit.. Weird, is it due to the harsh sun?” Flame stopped walking. “Uh..” then started walking again, and grabbed a bottle of water to drink.. but felt the need to not. But drank it anyways.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"You guys do realize that we also have Nijima to protect us, since he doesn't sleep and we would all hear if anyone of us were being attacked. But it doesn't matter. You guys don't have to sleep on the floor, I'll just be too hot in a sleeping bag anyways." James took more sips of water. "It's soooo.... hot..... Oh lord."

I shrugged “What hot? It seems like it cooled down. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Flames tail fire grew larger, and his colors started to get less.. bland. Flame also wasn’t sweating, you could tell a difference in him, as if he were adapting to the dessert. Seems like he’s retrieving his more.. Fire Type side. Instead of being bland.

“But.. If you’re experiencing the heat that was before this warmth, I guess you could use a Vanilluxe.” He chuckled.

He looks chipper.
Kinesis responded, "It won't help us if we keep complaining about the heat. The further we travel, the less likely we may have to deal with passing out from heatstroke tomorrow." Her fur bristled again. That was the second time. I feel I should warn them, but that could be a false alarm still... I'll just ignore it and hope it's a mental bluff.
A subtle cheerful look appeared on her face. "Unless..." She continued, "You want to stay here for a few more hours and hope for a group of Smoochum or Cubchoo to comfort you."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"What the frick? Just try to be covered in a forest of fur and be a water type at the same time." James remained quiet for a while, and continued drinking his water. He looked up at the sky and noticed that the sun was starting to go down already. He could notice the first colours in the sky that weren't blue or white. Smoochum and Cubchoo? Is that the best insult you have? Pshh. James didn't quite know that he would be thinking of how best to roast someone at a time like this.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima stopped listening to the conversation. He had heard people argue and speculate, and he didn’t really want any of it. He decided to fly a bit higher, to get a better view of the land. It was beginning to turn night, but Nijima didn’t mind. He was ready for someone to call him out, considering he had flown so high, but he wished not to be thrown into the groups arguments.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James kept walking, even though his little legs were tired. He kept looking east to see the sun. The blue sky faded to darker blue to yellow to orange and pink. "It's getting late guys. Time to set up camp I guess." The air felt suddenly cool, and it was very refreshing. "Well, we walked pretty far today, Pahsalun is too far away to see." James put his backpack down, and looked in his backpack for something to eat. He was glad to have that backpack off of him, because he felt inches shorter already.

Mark following up behind, sipping the last drops of water in his bottle "Phew. . . I was getting exhausted" he said throwing the bottle away "So we're resting here then ?" he asked James curiously as he checked the wind direction "South. . . This might be helpful for my mom's medicine" he mumbled quietly. He took out two planks and cut both into half he then used some string, bolts, his wrench and screwdriver to make a small box trap, he looked for a good spot and burrow the trap into the soft sand.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhhh okay?" James yawned, and then sat down next to his backpack. He stared at the sky. The sun had just gone down, and he could see only one star. He layed down on his back so he could look at the sky more comfortably. "I wonder how many deserts would you have to cross to circumnavigate the world..." Sometimes the fluffy dewott came up with weird questions that are physically impossible to answer.

"Uhh I think you're quite confused about what uhh I'm doing" Mark replied, he covered the trap up and went back to the team "My mom has a rare sickness called Rheumatoid Arthritis, which causes random bone mutilations, there is a medicine that contained Skorupi venom as an ingredient, that's why I'm going to catch one. . . The trap will only trigger at the tail once caught the Skorupi will be paralyzed until the trap is removed" he said "I can't let my mom go. . ." he added quietly.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima, being a doctor himself, had overheard the Nidorino. “Rheumatoid Arthritis? That’s a very rare disease. I hope he doesn’t mind me asking.” He said, and flew down. “Excuse me, Mark, was it? You seem very handy with tools.” He complimented, looking at the trap. “This might feel like more of a, personal question, but I did over hear your speaking of that rare disease that one your relatives has? Excuse me once more, but how long has she had it?” Nijima said, expecting not to be answered. “The only reason I’d want to know is because I am a doctor myself, but don’t feel pressured to answer.”​

Mark turned to the Sigilyph who justed flew down next to him "Oh . . . yeah my name is Mark, and thanks for the compliment, I spent 4 years in my bedroom learning about handy-craftings and others" he said, he heard him asking about his mom "My mom . . . she had this disease for about 15 years now . . . I'm not sure how she's going to take care of herself when I'm gone . . . but I'll try and find a cure for her" he said, he then heard the Sigilyph was a doctor "Can you help her ?" he asked curriously "This isn't a common "2 pills a day" medicine like you said . . ." he added

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(My god sorry for the late reply)

Nijima nodded his “head”. He would be able to help. The Nidorino didn’t look like the richest Pokémon, explaining why he probably couldn’t afford a cure. Nijima knew the ingredients for a cure would not be your average herbs and substances, though. “Nijima is my name. The cure for your mother, though... while you’re on the right track, and Skorupi venom is one of the main components... the others are quite harder to find. You might not acquire these at the local med shop.” Nijima said. He waited for Mark to respond.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James's eyes started to close. More and more stars appeared in the sky, and the cool air, which would be very cold for other Pokemon, felt refreshing for him. "Okay, good night, I'm tired." James got up and moved a bit farther away from the group because he needed quiet to sleep. He usually fell asleep early.