• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Expedition RP

"Well, I guess I'll keep alert. I keep having a suspicion that there's something nearby*, but I'm not certain what," Kinesis mumbled a bit as James walked off. She eyed the ground before assuming it was paranoia.
"I'll try to stay up for a bit longer to keep watch if needed. I don't feel the need to sleep at the moment."

(*Espeon's Pokedex entry about predicting weather/foes)

Floss had been following in silence, mostly. She was unsure of conversation topics, unsure where they were going- unsure in general. And she didn't know these Pokémon- the Buneary had lived her whole life being around close family members and friends, and now- despite her thirst for expedition- she'd been thrust into an unfamiliar world. "Is it weird," murmured the Shiny Buneary, closing her eyes as night began to descend upon them, "...that, I'm kind of nervous? Even though I was so excited before?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Two small purple figures stood a fair bit away from the group, remaining out of sight. They watched, and waited. "Hey mate, what you do think these blokes are doing out so far in the desert?".

"I don't know, but they made the bloody wrong decision." The other figure nodded his head.

"Which one do we get?" The figures were close enough to make out the basic shapes of the exploration party.

"Not sure. I was up a bit earlier, and I could hear them from a long distance away. I think we get the blue bugger."

"Why him?"

"I think he was the leader or something. He must of lead them here, into OUR TERRITORY."

"Wait, until midnight to strike." They both looked at each other and nodded.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima was readying for the night after his discussion with Mark. He was making sure everything was okay from the air. He used his Miracle Eye, and spotted the whole group, so he knew they were all there. But he also spotted two figures. He wasn’t exactly sure, but it seemed they were watching them. He kept watch on them, as if they tried to attack, he would surprise them.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhhh.... what's that thing in the sky?" The figure on the left pointed out.

"Oh shoot. Sigilyph."

"What's that?"

"Their annoying buggers. I was working with the boss a long time before you joined, and they prevented everything we tried to do. Apparently they are the guardians of cities long ago. There just here to annoy."

"How do we get rid of it?"

"No clue. We just wait it out I guess. I'll be thinking."

The two figures continued to stand there. Waiting.

Kinesis stopped mumbling as she responded to Floss, "No, not really. It isn't that peculiar." This was difficult for her, not knowing how to reassure the rabbit that was previously in a state of silence. She was thinking to herself to try and break the awkwardness that succumbed over the group. "In a way, it seems perfectly natural to be nervous and excited... To me, it makes no logical sense, but it doesn't really seem... 'Weird' as you've put it."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima wondered if he should go ahead and spot them out to everyone, but he decided not to. He would try his best to take these Pokémon by surprise. He knew they would try to wait him out, which wasn’t a problem. But he also knew they most likely had another plan. He wondered what to do. He decided to fly down low by everyone, and turn his back to the two strangers, seeing if they would come any closer. He wasn’t about to let anyone get hurt or kidnapped, especially on the first day.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Suddenly a blue and a red bird like figure landed behind the purple ones.

"What's up boys, you haven't attacked yet. "

"Sigilyph." The purple figures both responded."

"Ah, really?"

"Yes, Boss."

"Nah. Not too much of a problem. I can easily take em' out."

"Okay, Boss."

"It seems that Sigilyph has turned around. We should still be careful though. Those buggers are good at spotting things somehow, so it most likely knows we are here. But when the rest of those pests fall asleep, here's the plan." Both of the purple figures nod. "I'll silently take the floating bugger out with Brave Bird. You two go sting your targets."

"Yes, sir."

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima wondered what to do. He had a hunch that the Pokémon were planning to take him out. He turned around to see another Pokémon joined with the purple ones. He thought that maybe the purple figures were Drapion, but he wasn’t exactly sure. He had no idea what the other two were. He kept thinking of what to do, until he had a idea. He rearranged some sand into a wall using Psychic, hoping to block the Pokémon’s view, and froze it with Ice Beam. He then set up a Light Screen. He sat there waiting.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(only one other joined the two by the way.)

"Uhhh... boss?"

"Yes?"

"The bugger set up a wall."

"Okay then. Return then. Tomorrow we strike."

James couldn't sleep. He just couldn't. And he didn't know why. He eventually gave up trying. He sat up. He noticed Nijima was doing something weird with a wall of sand. Tiredly, he asked, "What are you doing?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Shhhh....” Nijima ushered,” there’s other Pokémon watching us. They’re planning something too. I’m keeping watch, so stay quiet please. Why are you still up? It’s quite late, and I’m sure you’re gonna need sleep.” He waited for James’s response.

The Shiny Buneary squeaked as she awakened, her coral-pink gaze widening as she heard what was being said. The femme clasped her paws together in apprehension, biting her lip, and whispered, “A-Are we gonna fight ‘em? I... hope not...”

Kinesis scanned the area, sensing something previously as it left. Her eyes first noticed the black of sand that had been frozen by the Sigilyph. "Hm...? What's with the barricade?"
She walked up to Nijima before looking around a bit more. The mysterious Pokemon that were once within Nijima's eyesight had just vacated, which put the Espeon at ease with her intuition.
"There was someone there... My hunch wasn't off?" She mumbled to herself.