• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Expedition RP

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James stood in the center park of Pahsalun, reading a copy of his own flyer to make sure he actually did them correctly. He never actually knew why he stayed here so long. He was a water type, and Pahsalun was on the fringes of the desert. He always felt dehydrated no matter what, but he never really wanted to leave Pahsalun.

He also had an old map he found in an old drawer of his old desert home. He was looking to try and find the best path. "If we head straight southeast, we'll be hiking for weeks in nothing but desert...." He mumbled to himself.

The flyers said that the Pokemon who wanted to come with James should meet at the town center dead noon. James waited, quietly reading the map and sipping water, for his party members to arrive.

Joel walked over to the town center, with a guitar case with him, he was heading over their after seeing one of the few posters around town. He glanced around the place for a bit before taking a seat somewhere.

Kinesis was immediately forced out of her home by her younger triplet siblings. "You realize I can walk by myself, correct?" Despite being older, the triplets actually evolved earlier than she has. They were going on to being 16, although they had more experience and mastery with their new abilities, the triplets were more superior and working in unity with three times their effort if they were to just work alone.

"Yeah, we know, but... You hate getting up around noon so..." A Jolteon was pushing Kinesis, along with a Flareon and Vaporeon.

A few nights prior, her Vaporeon sibling came up to her with a flier that was hung in the neighboring area. Although, it was a really disturbing wake up call. The Vaporeon had bothered the other siblings to help wake up Kinesis: One cold blast to the face, followed by a volt of electricity, followed by a sudden burst of heat... Not a fun combination if you're deemed the target.
Long story short, there was a lot of yelling that evening.

"Besides, it's a good opportunity. Mom and Dad agreed to the idea," the Flareon spoke, finally pushing Kinesis onto the road.

Kinesis groaned, "Fine. I've been getting bored of this place anyway. Wait, shouldn't you head out too? You've evolved at the proper age at least two... Three years ago."

The triplets laughed, speaking almost the same thing, "Yeah, but we're experienced with our new-fond abilities! A proper Espeon needs to learn how to fight properly, so... Wish ya luck! Bye!" It was such a weird unison of voices that they almost spoke in echoes.

"B-bye...?" Kinesis stood in front of her home, speechless. Her ears were pulled back as she thought to herself. Did... Did I just get evicted by my younger siblings? She shook her head as her ears twitched.
No matter. Now, as for that flier...

The harsh sunlight shined down onto the village of Pahsalun, it was hotter than usual, Mark finished up his meal and started to head out "Okay, today I'm going to find a job, which I'll make money from and hopefully help my family, but what if I get fired, it's OK cause I'll find another. . ." he kept mumbling as he got to the front door "It's OK nothing will go wrong, Bye mom!! I'll be leaving now !!." he said as he continued outside of his small shack.

Mark took out the flyer that he found guided by the wind into his bedroom window, it stated to meet at the town center, so he headed straight to it. After a few minutes he made it to the meeting place, he saw what seemed to be the leader of the expedition, it was a Dewott, Mark gulped and headed towards him "Hey. . . Uhh. . . I . . Umm. . . Are you the person who's running this expedition? " he asked as he showed the Dewott the flyer.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James eyed the map more. He then noticed a small dot marked with "lksn lopnd". What the heck? The dot was in the dead center of the desert. Was this where the legend was? A map he found in his attic most likely couldn't be THAT old, right? He suddenly away from his map to see a Nidorino. "Uh... yeah! I run this expedition, did you want to join?" He said smiling.

"Uhh yeah !" Mark replied, he eyed the Dewott for a moment before he continued "Oh yeah uhh. . . When do we start and Oh yeah!! So rude of me uhh. . . My name is Mark and. . uhh what's yours" he added as he says it quieter as he gets more nervous

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"James, nice to meet you," Said enthusiasticly. "I'm just waiting for members to come and sign up. We'll start around 4-5ish to stay out of the hot sun, but we won't be able to get too far out of town today." James showed Mark his map, but he hadn't drawn any lines yet. "Still finding the best path around the heat of the desert."

She had tucked the flier into part of her bandanna. Easier to hold and manage, Kinesis walked around the area seeing a few Pokemon near the town center. A Nidorino had just arrived it seemed, talking to a Dewott. She yawned, still tired, as if it was predicted by the three stooges themselves.

The Espeon began to walk up to the duo. "Um... Pardon my intrusion, but were either of you the ones that posted these?" Kinesis used her psychic abilities to remove the flier, unfolding it to show the full page. "It's peaked my intrigue."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima was a bit more neutral towards his desert home in Pahsalun, as he was used to desert. He eyed a paper flying in the wind, and caught it with Psychic. He read it, seeing it was a sign up for an expedition, and to meet in the center of town. He flew there, and saw quite the group of Pokémon. A Dewitt and a Nidorino were talking to each other, and the Dewott was holding a map. He flew closer, but didn’t interrupt. He was willing to provide use, wether it be in battle, as a medic, or with his Miracle Eye. He eavesdrops on the conversation, but didn’t move.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James looked at the Espeon, and then the Sigilyph. "Hello, are you two here to join the expedition party?" James said still smiling. He rolled up his map, this time for a while and quickly shoved it in the backpack he had nearby. Wow a lot of members already!

Mark was a bit uneasy being around this many people, still he needed to prepare for the journey as he took out a plank of wood and his tool box, he carved it and crafted it into a large coated umbrella holder, and took out a piece of cloth and stitched it to the holder "Uhh, hehe I made this so uhh. . . We wouldn't get too harsh and tired, from the desert sunlight. . ." he said with an uneasy tone.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhh... Yes, I did!" James said. "I was just tired of living here, I guess." He then turned to Mark. "Wait, you just made that thing now? Wow. You don't have to worry, though, I saved up a lot of money for supplies and food."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I've been saving up for a long time. I haven't bought anything yet, because I don't know how many members come. If there are too many members, I'll have to turn them down unfortunately." He took a sip of water. "I didn't think anyone would want to trek through the desert with a complete stranger, I guess I was wrong."

"It's nothing much though" Mark replied to Jake, "But you shouldn't really use the supplies here, The wood here are jungle wood and uhh. . . oak wood, the wood I'm using is Cebil one of the hardest and most durable wood in the world, my father uhh. . . He's working in other regions and sometimes bring back some wood for my family, he's uhh a carpenter." he added

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Not much of what we're buying is wood, but I've never noticed anything wrong with the wood here? I guess I've gone numb then. Anyways, we are only really buying food rations, sleeping bags, extra clothing and stuff. If we need anything else, we can get it."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima smiles, and pulls out the flyer(with his mind, he doesn’t have hands). “Yep! I hope I can be of service!” He said, happily, but obviously responding a bit late. He heard about the supplies. “Won’t need a sleeping bag or clothing, just medical supplies, I don’t need sleep!” He said, happily. “So, where should we get everything? I also need cloth for repairs to my medic bag.”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, maybe for you," James said. "Well, at least I need sleep and the floor is not comfortable, even with a layer of fluff to protect me. There's a general store around here that sells camping stuff, so that's where we're going." James put his water bottle away. "Anyways, I didn't catch you and her's name. Name's James if you didn't know yet."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Nice to meet you! Okay, so I don't believe there aren't anyone else that'll join the party, we'll wait a bit more, and then go to the shops." James looked around again.

(Sorry, @Gamerblam and others when you read this. We'll find a way to incorporate you into the group, if you still want to)

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Nijima is my name.” Nijima said, now neutral. He heard of going to the shops. “I’ll be meeting you later then. I have my own shopping to do. I can sense when you’re ready to go, so no need to come get me. I’ll be off then!” He said, and flew off toward a medical supply store. He was sure to be done by or even before they were.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay then." James waved Nijima off. He then turned to the two other pokemon. "I suppose there won't be anymore pokemon coming. We should probably head to the store now." James grabbed his backpack and put it on his back.

"My name is uhh Mark" he said to Kinesis "I don't really have any money for shopping so I'm going to go with you" he told James as he turned to him nervously "If uhh that's OK with you ?" he added.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Sure. I didn't expect you to bring money, everything is in the same store anyways." James adjusted the straps on his backpack, and started to walk.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
They finally reached the door, James dropped his backpack by the door and entered the store. A Kecleon (Yes, a Kecleon), greeted them. "Hello fellows? What can I get ya'?".

"We're just looking around." James replied, he browsed around, looking for sleeping bags and whatnot. The store was fairly small, but still pretty large.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima was at a medical store. The shopkeeper, a Keckleon, was looking at him with interest. “You sure your gonna need all that? You seem to be grabbing a lot.” He asked. “Yep! Going on a little bit of a journey! Gonna need this!” Nijima said, setting down a bunch of medicines, bandages, and tools. “Okay then!” He said. Nijima paid for his items, and looked for a food shop. He needed food as well, considering that that was really his only source of energy after not needing sleep.

Kinesis walked around the store, carefully watching the Kecleon before beginning to move. She... Didn't really trust him. Some merchant were just weird in her terms. The Espeon attempted to hide her judging glare, yet it could be noticeable by some. She caught herself when she felt the Kecleon look at her. Oh, crap.

She diverted her attention to what was in stock, realizing that the store had something to help with heat in the desert. "Hm? Is this... Suppose to be a light-weight cloak or?" Kinesis mumbled to herself as she scanned it.

Anubis walked into the middle of town, clutching a flyer he found flying in the wind. Anubis, A Ice/Electric Type, couldnt stand the constant sun. Anubis loved the wind. He saw an espeon, a nidorino, and a dewott in a store that had camping supplies and whatnot. He covered his red eye with his head band and spoke up. "Hey," He said calmly. "Were you guys the group that were planning to leave Pahsalun?" he said, before getting sidetracked and finding a Kunai and immediatly buying it. "OH MY GOD IS THAT A KUNAI- wait what was i doing- oh yeah. Well, If you already had enough people, well then too bad. Because Anubis the twin tailed Zeraora is here, and i want to get off of this ungodly island or whatever this is." You could say he had adhd but he denies it at all times.

Mark wandered the store a little admiring the items in the Gear and Tools section, "Woah, there's a Craftsman Screwdriver, 20 boxes of 20 Volt Small Bateries, . . ." he kept on listing them as he continued going around and around the shelves of tools, "I wish I could afford these items, and build a house for mom, but what if it runs out when I'm back ? What if I won't come back !" he continued to mumble again and sometime later calm down, he continued back to James and waited for him to finish.

Anubis wandered around, bought a port-a-tent, saw the Nidorino ranting about not having enough money, and thew him some 200€, hitting him in the head. "Oops, wasnt me." he hastily went over to the Other things.

(Sorry just kinda fell asleep last night)
Joel glanced around a few of the stores and stopped by an accessories store,he saw something catch his eye and that was a Mystic water, he decided to purchase it and then he put it on and walked outside.

"Ow . . ." Mark said as he turned around, he saw some money thrown on the ground "Huh ? who's money is this ? uhh should I use it ? Well I hope the person who left it here doesn't mind" he said as he grabbed some of the tools he needed, he bought a screwdriver and a wrench, with some cheap bolts and a 20 volt battery, it was just enough, he gave the tools to the Keckleon and payed the money, the Keckleon wrapped the items up into a plastic bag and returned it with some low wages, "These might be in handy. . ." he mumbled "But I wonder who threw it at me . . . thank you to them" he added

Floss was usually quite known for being late to things, and this certain expedition was no exception. The animeart had come rushing to where the party was supposed to meet, only to find it deserted. Rolling her eyes, the femme decided she would take a quick look-around for them, since they can't have gone far- and first on the list was the supplies shop, in which a Kecleon was running. She noticed a party of four or five Pokémon in there looking at different things, and figured that this was the place- so, she chirped aloud so any of the gathered Pokémon could hear her, "Uhhh, are you guys that expedition party??"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Henlo, I'm alive.)
James walked towards Anubis. "Yes, we are the group that's leaving this not island." He said. "Did you want to join?" James also started looking at things on the shelves. No, I won't need a tent, they are too expensive and take way too long to set up. Gonna need a sleeping bag though. And then Floss chirped in. "Yes we are! We're just buying supplies so we can leave a little later. Did you want to join?" James eyed a new map that didn't look dusty, and had a clearer image of the desert. Cool! Still gonna keep the other map because of the marking, but still cool.

Last edited:
Anubis walked up too meet the new expiditon crew member. "Hello, Im Anubis the Zeraora. Who are you?" he said staring at a shiny, buckteethed Buneary. He swallowed a PC9 pill, 1526741664443783922167.jpg and hoped it would help him with his adhd. He still doesnt know if it did

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James wondered how much food would we need, but we could go to the grocer to get food. "Hey guys, also get backpacks for your self because my back will be very angry at me if I carried everyone's stuff!" He walked over to the counter and put the items down. "That'll be $375." Great I didn't even use all my money! James put the money on the counter in exchange for the items. He attached the sleeping bag to the back of his pack, and put the map in the bag along with the other items. He walked out the store and waited for the members of the party to finish shopping.

Joel looked over at James for a bit and hummed softly and waved at him for a bit. He still was looking for some adventure and such, while he still had everything he needed and seemed prepared.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James waved back. "Did you want to join the expedition party?" James asked him. He took out his water bottle, and drank out of it. "We are still accepting new members." He looked around, and then he took out his new map. The new map showed him an oasis nearby. Oh! We'll go there then. The map didn't show very much of the desert since no-one explored there.