• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Great Expedition RP

Anubis (Azure when we start adventuring) walked out with his ancient Ninjutsu scolls, a kunai, a backback with Pokécare 9 pills, a port-a-tent, and 3 wks worth of food. He met up with James and practiced his Ninjutsu. "Rat-Tiger-Dog-Snake-Dragon! Gale Style: Lazer Circus!" he said as 20 stream of storm chakra fired off of his hand into the air. "Damn! Thats amazing!" he stopped, whistled and walked away as everyone (exept for the exploration team) to gawk at him. "Oh uh yeah I'd like to join if thats ok with you guys," he said.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James shook his head slightly. "We don't need that, Anubis." He took out a pencil and drew a line they could follow. Well that's lucky that there is an oasis only 3 days out of town!.

"I'd love to join! Oh, I've always dreamed of going to find unknown places and discovering valuable treasures and old relics and pretty gems, ah! It'll be so much different to be able to- am I rambling? I feel like I'm rambling..." Floss murmured, feeling a little self-conscious. Oh well... "My name's Floss!" she chimed, trying to distract from her awestruck outburst.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
After Nijima stocked up on food, he senses that a few of his new teammates are finished. He decides to look for them. He uses Miracle Eye, and finds James. He flies over there. He sees a new Pokémon, Buneary, who said it’s name was Floss. He happily waits for the others to finish their shopping

The Espeon hastily used her abilities to carry the cloak. It was slightly heavier than what she was use to, only giving her a migraine for a few seconds. Kinesis carried the cloak to the Kecleon. Her eyes shifted, still not trusting the merchant.

"So... How much is this exactly?"

The shopkeeper studied the object for a bit. Thinking and humming, "Well, I'm theorizing you're traveling with that group. So... For about 4 or 5 Pokemon, maybe 500? Each."

On one term, sounds reasonable. On the other... I don't think he's the type that'll listen to 'no', she went quiet.

"Ahem, miss. Are you planning to buy it?" The Kecleon waved a claw to get his customer's attention. Kinesis blinked a bit then spoke.

"I'll pass. Tha--" Ignored. As expected.

The Kecleon put his claw in front, as if telling her to stop. "I'll lower the price. 450 each?"

"No. No, really... I'll--" Interrupted.

"250! Half price for each of them, come on!" He seemed really desperate.

Kinesis mumbled, extremely stressed from her situation. Finally, she spoke up, "Actually... I'll try another time... Thanks for your business." The Espeon moved from the merchant, confronting the rest of the exploration group. New Pokemon. Great.

"I'd be wary of that merchant. In my opinion, he's a little... Too much," the Espeon shifted her eyes towards the Kecleon, who was now casually awaiting for his money to roll in.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James continued to lean against the outside wall, waiting. What's taking them so long, let's go! He drank more water, his first water bottle was empty. God damn it's hot outside. I don't know how I'm still alive as a water type here... James took out another water bottle. He looked up at the sky, his webbed hand over his eyes to protect them.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima saw James looking a bit hot, so he decided to float where his big shadow would block the sun. Nijima was used to the heat, so he didn’t mind much. He optimistically smiled at James, he knew this heat must be Hell for a water type. He continued waiting for the others, eager to leave.

Kinesis stepped outside, squinting with the immediate rays of sunlight. The Sigilyph and Dewott were already ahead of her, also waiting for the others. "How much longer?"

Flame trudged to the town center, hoping to get some food as he was hungry. “Agh.. I can’t even remember my parents name anymore.. 1.. 2...” Flame counted his coins he had found “Should be enough to buy me 3 apples...” As he wandered around.. But he bumped into James. “S-sorry!”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, hello. Care to join the expedition party?" Our group is just growing, wow... "We're about to leave for the desert oasis shortly." James took out the second water bottle and started drinking it.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay, great!" James said, excitedly. "You should probably go and buy yourself supplies, but I have everything if you don't want to." James walked into the store again. "C'mon guys! What's taking you all so long, we should get going!"

"Ugh, we should just leave, I wanna go explore!" pouted Floss, her enthusiasm perhaps getting in the way of her politeness. For so long she had dreamed of ditching her boring old suburban life and finding something more, at she was wasting this opportunity stood outside a Kecleon shop, rolling her eyes.

Kinesis looked at Floss, "If we choose to leave now, the others wouldn't be able to catch up. I'm certain they're thrilled to leave this boring village just as much as you are. I'd just have some patience."
Although, the Lagomorph isn't incorrect. These Pokemon are just slow... The Kinesis sat down and turned her head towards the store's entrance.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Sheesh, let's go already. James rolled his eyes. He had been standing there for like 10 minutes already. He turned back into the store again. "Let's go already!" James was clearly a bit impatient.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima wasn’t really bothered by everyone taking their time. He had known how bad a desert could get, so he was open to the idea of over preparing. He was still eager to go as many were, but continued to wait, nonetheless. He was determined to put his offense practic and medical studies into good use. “Now, excuse me, but maybe we should give them a bit more time. I’m as eager as you to start this journey, but preparing for a trip, especially across the desert, takes a bit of consideration. However, I do understand that, you being a water type, don’t like to be sun baked.” Nijima said. He then continued waiting for everyone to finish. “Let is hope that they DO finish before night arrives, though.”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yeah..." James said. "Thanks for the shade. Even though I'm not actually water, I feel like I'm evaporating. It's strange." James sat down, and drank more water.

Kinesis responded, "It's probably just you getting dehydrated. I have a younger sibling who occasionally suffers from that." She was now laying on the ground, starting to understand the pain of waiting for such a slow group.

"I think it's just a thing with water-types primarily... It makes sense in theory." Mumbling. Again, honestly, Kinesis didn't care if anyone heard that additional sentence.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, luckily, this map said that there is an oasis not far from Pahsalun. I would love to swim, since I haven't really left this city since back when I was a young 'wotter so I haven't really gotten chances to swim, despite being a water type." James explained. "Also, my fur just makes me very hot and I need water faster."

Mark followed James outside and waited for the others "Are you sure we don't uhh need anything . . . durable ? This desert has tons of desert storms when the sun sets" he told James, he suddenly stopped to hear about an oasis "You know . . . I don't think you should, get into the waters there . . . uhh my mom used to tell me a tale of an acient Pokemon that protects that oasis' he said, he took some out his umbrella he crafted earlier as his skin was getting dry.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Don't be a wuss. We can deal with sandstorms, and there isn't a ancient Pokemon that protects the oasis, because the town north of us is based around an oasis." James explained, swigging a whole bottle of water.

Kinesis sighed, apparently thinking the 'wuss' part wasn't necessary, although she did agree that the idea of an ancient Pokemon protecting an oasis to be absurd. "You know..." The Espeon started.
"Ancient can mean 'no longer in existence' as well in some cases correct? For all we know, that's a legend told by parents to scare children."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I don't understand why you would want to scare children so that they don't experience a great experience like an oasis." James said. "Oasises are great!"

Mark kept quiet after that conversation, he looked down and took out a photo of a large creature in a lake, he quickly put it back and felt concerned, "Did I make the right move ? Maybe it is a myth" he thought. He continued waiting until we all start this expedition, in the mean time he tested out his tools on the umbrella he made, "Hmm . . . these bolts might need some upgrades, but overall it's durable material" he mumbled

It was really quiet for a bit. She had nothing, except a redundant statement. "I wouldn't know," Kinesis shrugged. "To make children quiet if you get annoyed?"
That was put bluntly. Most likely, no one would be gullible or naive enough to believe a fairy tale like that. Unless... Maybe if the listener was just that idiotic. Tell some baby Pokemon and, if they're childish enough, it might be seen that evening curled up in a ball crying in its sleep. She thought to herself, Aside from that...

"I don't disagree about the whole 'sandstorm' issue. From what I've heard, there are nomadic groups in the desert that occasionally stop to settle supposedly around dusk," she intended to keep the thoughts to herself, in actuality. "I'm uncertain if they're hostile."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I don't think a tribe could live in the desert, unless they were desert pokemon, which now that think about it, they most likely are. I ahould probably shut up now." James started drinking another water bottle. God DAMN it's so hot.....

Seeing James dehydrating alot, Mark leaned the umbrella over "Don't faint when we haven't even started" he said arkwardly, when he was confirguring the umbrella he added a few modifications to make it able to open and close, "We should go to that uhh oasis you said earlier, it's getting really harsh out here" he said.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, thank you, I'm not going to faint, my throat's just sore." James took a sip of water. "-That oasis is about a day and a half out of town from what I can tell, so we will have to spend a night in the desert first."

"Reasonable," Kinesis curled up as she started getting tired. "Hmm... I think I'll take a nap... for a bit... Just wake me up when everyone... is here." She yawned before going into a light sleep.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhhhh, okay, it's like the middle of the day but okay." James waited, and drank some water. When are going to get going.... James honestly felt like he could go to sleep, not because he was tired, but because he was bored.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“I wouldn’t say all tales are nonsense” Nijima said,” But some definitely are. We just need to watch our backs. Luckily, I can keep guard at night if needed. I don’t need sleep(he’s a Sigilyph, pretty sure they don’t need sleep), considering tales linked to many of my kind are ancient.” He said, and looked to James. “How did you end up out here? Not many water types live in a desert region. Plus, you look pretty woozy.” He said, flying a bit higher to make his shadow bigger.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"No, I'm fine. My grandparents moved here because they liked the small vibe of this town, and my family just never moved I guess." James was starting to get a bit annoyed about how everyone thought he was just going to faint right then. He only felt a slight headache, but he was drinking tons of water, so thought he should be fine. James was also very glad that there was an oasis. Because he was fluffier than an average Dewott, he would sweat a lot, and then just be... uhhh.... disgusting.

Last edited:
Floss frowned, slightly. She wasn't too familiar with the rest of the group, and tilted her head in slight confusion, not really sure who everyone was. In fact, she didn't even know for certain who it was they were all waiting for. "So... who is it exactly we are waiting for?" Floss asked, her magenta gaze darkening slightly in impatience.

(Now that I think about it. I don't think anyone really encountered Joel yet in conversation)

Kinesis opened an eye. Not much of a deep sleeper. Her voice was really quiet and it was difficult to know exactly what she was saying. Yet, the most important thing she wanted to say was still audible.
"...Hmm... I believe... Wait, did you happen to invite someone?" Kinesis was referring to James as she asked that question.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, I believe that you are the last one to finish shopping actually. I think he are done." James then turned to Kinesis. "I didn't specifically invite anyone, if that's what you were asking. " James stood up and stretched. He took another sip of water.

"Ooooh!" Floss exclaimes, her eyes lighting up as excitement took over her mind. She was really going on an adventure- to find new places, to do everything- she was really doing it! The Buneary couldn't help but jump up-and-down in anticipatiod, balling her paws into fists.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Nijima was happy at the hearing of this. They were finally on their way. There was a big group of them, too. They would find things, get into trouble, and have a great time. Nijima wondered what the rest of the world was like. He hadn’t really left the desert, considering many stories of his relatives linked him to ancient civilizations here. But he was a modern age Sigilyph. “Well then, ready when you are!” He said, waiting for James to start the trip.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James picked up his backpack and rested the straps on his fluffy shoulders. "I am ready to go. We will head south out of town to the oasis and stop there for a day or so." James was also excited, but not as excited as Floss.

"Okey-dokey!" Floss herself had her pouch of Berries and water, and her trusty Focus Sash to aid her if she were to get into any trouble. The Shiny Buneary offered a buck-toothed grin to the others. She triumphantly pointed her paw to the sky, chirping, "Let's go!"