• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Cursed

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Mundee immediately pulled his arm back and cooled it down with his other hand. He winced in pain, but he didn’t say anything. He uncovered his hand to see a first degree burn, the equivalent of a minor scald on his wrist. “So it... this explains why I was sweating. I’m a human ice cube...” he said with a sigh. He now tried to conjure ice from the water in the air. This would be harder, as he’d need to focus more.

Valeria woke up. She remembered hearing a voice, and then seeing a flash of light, but not much else. She walked downstairs and checked the clock.

“I’m gonna be late if I don’t hurry,” she said. She quickly changed her clothes and picked up her backpack, which felt considerably lighter, despite having all her supplies in it as usual.

“That’s weird,” she said. She walked to the school and saw everyone at the lamppost. “Hey, does anyone else remember exactly what happened yesterday? And what’s with the sweating?” She added that last question as she turned to Mundee. She saw the burn on his hand. “And what happened to your hand?”

"Sorry, Mundee. Didn't mean to burn you. But you kinda asked for it..." Isak said indifferent. He looked at Valeria.
"Yeah... up until the point when the creepy old woman shot us with something. About what happened to Mundee's hand, well. Seems like we've all started developing powers. I for example just figured out that i could create and manipulate fire" Isak said and showed Valeria the ball of fire that hovered over his palm. He nodded to Mundee to continue the explanation.
"He can create and manipulate ice but he get's hot a lot easier. That's why he got burned there right now. I got a little too close to his arm" he said. Then he pointed at Otis and Tobias.
"Seems like Otis is fast and Tobias can shoot lasers from his eyes... at the cost of his sight. I wonder if that woman have considered getting into a retirement home. Giving people powers like these aren't really a punishment. I would understand if we couldn't control them but we can so why?" He said. He shrugged his shoulders as to show that he wasn't very interested in the answer.
"Do you know what you got as a power?" He asked Valeria and Skylar.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“I was asking for it, so no harm done here. It’s just like a sunburn, nothing too bad.” He said. He’d successfully made ice out of thin air. Well, more like an ice cube. Floating just above his hand. “I guess it’s easier when there’s an area with more water in the air. Or maybe I’m not good at this yet... “ he said to himself. He turned to Isak, even though he was asking questions to the others. I hope you’re at least able to drink water. And even though you can set fire alarms off, I can freeze up the water fountains! Not that I would...” he continued. He then turned to Skylar and Valeria, eager to here their answers to Isak’s question.

( sorry, my alerts weren’t working)

“Um...hey guys....do you remember what happened in that forest..? I cant move my legs for some reason.....” Ollie said, with a hint a fear in his voice.

Last edited:
Skylar groaned, "What does it look like? Maybe she never gave me a power.." She stood up from Tobias' side and frowned at Oliver's reply, "Something's not right with him, either.." She spoke into her phone again, "Try using a power, most of us here have one, I didn't find mine yet.. but think of what you might be able to do! What would paralysis mean? You can't walk.. so maybe you could.." She thought for a moment, then shouted down the phone, "FLY!!"
(I'll introduce her power soon, I promise! xD)

Ollie yelped when Skylar yelled, hissing silently. “Could you maybe not yell? But, ill try the flying thing...” about ten seconds later, there was a loud banging sound from his side of the phone. “Ow...you were right...i can fly, but i just hit my head on the freaking ceiling trying....”

"Sorry.." Skylar said, then cheered when Oliver said he could fly. "Try come to school!" She wanted to see him, and it would be nice for the whole group to be together again, even if it really hadn't been that long. "How are you dealing with the paralysis part? I'm guessing we shouldn't show these powers in school.. maybe get a wheelchair or something?" She chuckled, "Although, it'd be cool to use them.."

"If we're gonna keep it a secret, we're gonna have to blame the paralysis and the blindness on something. Tobias, you got chemicals in your eyes from chemistry class (we're gonna have to throw some non-damaging chemicals in your face so it'll be more believeable). But what can we blame the paralysis on? I guess he could say that he fell from a small building that i made him go up in. I think that's gonna be most believeable" Isak said and shrugged his shoulders. He looked at Michael.
"You probably have a change. But what it is, is still not clear. Go home if you want to but call anyone of us if you notice anthing weird. And we still have school. Which reminds me..." he said and looked at his watch. They were starting in about a minute.
"Look at the clock" he said calmly.

Ollie managed to look around his house, and found a random wheelchair. “Why is this here?eh, it’ll work...” he mumbled, lowering himself into it, and rolling out of the house. He made it to school, looking around until he saw the others. “Hey guys!” He yelled, rolling over with a smile.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
"Hmm, that does make sense, blaming the paralysis and blindness on something else." Otis looked towards the school entrance. "We are going to be late!" She looked towards Ollie who had just arrived in a wheelchair. "Come on guys!" She ran into the school, her feet started to glow again as she ran with incredible speed. Otis then ran into the class room, almost falling down because it was hard to stop without crashing into anyone. She quickly sat down at a desk, nervously looking around as she did so.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Oh, flip!" Michael yelled when he heard that it's one minute till school starts.
He ran as fast as it was possibles. He has fallen on a rock, and cut his leg.
'C' mon, not again' Michael said when he got up. It was the second time that day.
He finally got to school just a minute before the teacher. He sat on his chair frustrated from what happened earlier.

Skylar was just about to follow Otis in as a bird flew above her chirping a song, "Hey, little bird!" She quietly said, then she suddenly felt smaller and tumbled to the ground. She tried to get up, but her arms seemed to be replaced with.. wings. "WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?!" She shouted, frantically jumping around. She bumped into Isak's legs, "W-what do I do? We're getting into school, but I have no idea how to turn back!"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Tobias turned to the sound of Skylar's voice, "Skylar, are you a bird, I hear a chirpish tone to your voice, I have an idea, sit on my shoulder and we make it up as we go along, also then you can guide me so I know where I'm going, just whisper in my ear". He patted his shoulder.

Skylar sighed, "Okay.. but I hope I have more than a bird power!" She flapped her wings and landed on Tobias' shoulder, wobbly from her first flight. "Be gentle, I've never had to sit on someone's shoulder before." She gripped on with her new bird feet and waited for them to go. "Isak, Oliver, let's get in there!" She said, jumping up and pointing her wing to the door.
(You can auto Skylar and say she whispers the general directions if needed since I can't just post it every time you have to move)

(@Jodie.xox don't take my post the wrong way. It's just that cat's can't really lead a blind person to where they're going)

"Yup. That just happened. Skylar turned into a bird. That's interesting. Do you think you can turn into another animal? Like maybe a dog? You could be a leading dog for Tobias since he can't see. But for now you should stay as a bird so you don't raise any questions. Does anyone have any idea how much the government would pay us for being test subjects or something?" Isak said, almost scared of the thought. But he also liked it. He could negotiate with the government this way. He didn't want to though. He knew how bad those tests could be. He knew about Wolverine's backstory. And that wasn't very pleasant. He also thought the government would kidnap them if they refused to be test subjects. He shook his head and began walking to the entrance of the school. He walked calmly instead of rushing in like the other's did. He wanted to trigger the fire alarm at some point during the day. But he wasn't going to do that immediately. Not until lunch break. Because that's where it would be most believe-able.

"How are we gonna explain Skylar's disappearance assuming she can't turn back? That's gonna be a problem" he said almost to himself. The best way would probably be that she followed Tobias during a parkour run and she fell and died. But that could backfire if she was known to be careful by nature. Isak didn't know all about Skylar. They had only known each other for a day after all

Valeria had made a dash for the classroom before the commotion started, noticing before the others that the clock was ticking. She wondered where the powers came from, and whether she had been given any as well.

As she reached the classroom and sat in her seat, she noticed that the others hadn’t arrived yet. She looked at the clock. It was only about two minutes before school started.

Isak walked calmly into the classroom and probably ended up getting late. But he didn't care. He was probably gonna fall asleep anyway. In fact, he only showed up so that he wouldn't get thrown out of school. Then his parents would have him transfer to a different school with more supervision. He sat down at a desk in the back. He saw most of those who he had met outside and Valeria. Tobias wasn't here yet. And Skylar was on his shoulder. Isak decided to write a note to Valeria and ask if something strange had happened to her. In the same note he explained everything that happened and made a small burnmark to prove what he said. He folded it and sent it over to Valeria. If any of his classmates that weren't with them during the trip to the forest would ask about it, he would dismiss it as a love letter and he got rejected. But the other's would probably understand

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Tobias, with the guidance of Skylar made it to class, he sat next to Isak, a tried not to catch anyone's attention. He started to see whether he could hear people's conversations, he could only hear certain words, but what he heard summed up their chats, he heard the words, sweating, wheelchair, sunglasses and bird, so yeah summed up the conversations nicely.

The teacher of the classroom had not expected to see a bird coming in with one of the students. But it was not something they would like to allow.
"Young mr. Slade, get that filthy bird out of this classroom right now! We will not allow animals in here! So you'd either get it out now or i'll throw you both out!" The teacher said with harsh words.

Isak wasn't surprised the teacher would react this way. But he knew what to say.
"That is a threat, teacher. And know what threats are? They're illegal. That's what they are. And we could report you for it. The whole class can witness. That wouldn't be good for your job here, now would it? But we can let this slide if you agree to do the same with the bird" he said. The teacher and Isak stared each other out and Isak ended up winning. The teacher gave in and allowed the bird, Skylar, to remain in the classroom.
"Just make sure it doesn't disturb any other student" the teacher said.

Skylar happily chirped, doing the best impression of a bird that she could. She settled down she she didn't have to be kicked out and comfortably sat on Tobias' shoulder once again. She quietly whispered in his ear, "So far so good! The guide dog idea was good.. maybe we'll try it sometime!" She saw Isak hand the note to Valeria and quietly chirped the girl's attention.

Valeria looked at her desk and saw the note. She read it over before writing back a response.

“So, basically, we all got superpowers... well, some of us, so far... but they come with consequences? Is that why Tobias lost his sight?’ She passed the note back to Isak, making sure nobody noticed exactly what she had written on the piece of paper.

Isak took the note that Valeria passed back to him and wrote his reply:
"Yes. I for example feel more cold due to my new fire power. And i can't really come in contact with water for as long as i want anymore. Mundee has ice powers but gets warm easily. That's why he sweats right now. That bird is Skylar. Oliver can fly but he's crippled in the legs now. Tobias shoots lasers from his eyes whenever he opens them. Otis is faster than normal people. It's only you and Michael that we don't know what powers you got. Assuming you did. But i don't think the witch forgot about you two". He folded the new note and passed it back. At that moment the teacher looked up.
"Mr. Hunt. Why are you passing notes? If it's something important you can read it out for the whole class" they said.
"Not really something you'd understand anyway. Why bother with this?" Isak replied calmly even though he was freaking out on the inside.
"I'm asking nicely, read out the note for the whole class if it's so important" the teacher retorted.
"Make me" he said, defiantly.
"That's one detention for you. Now give me the note and i'll read it" the teacher said, getting annoyed.
"Hey, does anyone want to see a cool magic trick with fire?" Isak shouted out to the whole class, completely ignoring the teacher. He knew exactly how to respond if someone asked how he did his trick. But just to make sure, he discreetly put a lighter in his sleeve. The students that didn't know anything about his new power got interested in what he would do and paid close attention to what was happening.
"No fire in my classroom! That's one more detention for you!" The teacher said, even angrier.
"Too bad this is the school's classroom then" he said with a smug smile.
"Give me the note now, Hunt! Unless you want to be in detention for the rest of the year!" The teacher started to get really angry.
"Nah. I do what i want. When i want it" he said and burned up the note completely. The teacher immediately stood up from their chair and walked straight over to Isak's desk. All the other students cheered.
"Detention. After school. For the rest of the year. Now you go talk to the principal" they said.
"Oooh. I'm so scared" Isak said, with that smug smile that all the teacher's hated. But he got up and walked out of the classroom. As he walked past Valeria's desk, he gave her the real note that he also had hid in his sleeve before setting fire to a random paper

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Mundee watched the whole thing happen right before his eyes, and was laughing inside. He was still sweating with his jacket off, but you could definitely see he enjoyed the show he’d just watched because of the smile on his face. That is, until Mr.Smith looked to him. “Mr.Alose... are you okay? You seem to be literally sweating buckets... do you have a headache?” He asked, concerned. “Oh! No, sir! I’m doing just fine!” He replied. Mr.Smith then saw the burn on his right arm. “Did Isak do that to you?” He asked, even more concerned. While in reality Isak did do it, he wouldn’t say this, because he’d asked for it, and he didn’t want the boy to get into bigger trouble. “No sir! Just a mishap on the stove this morning!” He said. “Hmm... that still looks pretty bad. Go visit the nurse. Now.” He said, pointing at the door. “Oh, great.” He thought, and walked out the door.

Last edited:
"Hey. So the teacher sent you out too? Why did he do that?" Isak said. He was leaning towards the wall, drinking a soda. He wasn't planning on going to the principal's office. If he did, they would call his parents and he would most likely have to change school if that happened. And he could always get out of detention so his parents wouldn't need to know. There were never a teacher that looked after the kids in detention. They all just left. It was only the janitor left during the detention hours. And Isak was on good terms with them. So he could just leave whenever he wanted to

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Yeah, but not for pulling off an epic stunt like that. I just was sweating a lot, and apparently he thinks I have a headache or that my burn is severe.” He said, smiling. He froze the sweat to cool himself down, and eyed the soda that Isak was drinking. “You still feeling okay? I know water will weaken you, but will drinking water do it too? Either way, you’re probably gonna have to deal with it.” He said. He slumped against the wall, looking for a hiding place in case the teacher came out. He didn’t plan to go to the nurse, but didn’t have the guts to face the punishment like Isak did.

"This soda don't seem to weaken me so i guess it's only water. I wonder if carbonated water does the same thing to me though. Not that it matters, i would never drink it anyway. But yeah. I'll have to deal with it. Just like you're gonna have to get used to the feeling of being warm all the time" Isak said as he took a few more sips. Mundee looked a little nervous where he stood. Understandably enough. He couldn't really go to the nurse without actually having a problem. But he couldn't go back to the classroom. So he needed a place to hide.
"You can come with me if you want. I know of a place in this school that no one else knows about. But you can't tell anyone about it, okay? It's my place and i don't want too many people knowing about it. It's not really big. Just a small old storage room. I just dusted it off a little and kinda made it my secret place" he said, indifferent. He began to walk towards his small room, making sure no one else but Mundee were following. Most students and teachers were in the classrooms either learning or teaching but it didn't hurt being careful.
"You coming?" He asked Mundee over his shoulder.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Oh, yeah, sure.” He said, a little bit of excitement and gratitude in his voice. Mundee had barely skipped a class or school ever without a reason. He technically did have a reason this time too, but he didn’t want to sit in the nurses office until they released him to go home, or facing his parents catching him sweating. He followed Isak to his hidey hole. He silently snuck down the hall with the boy, looking around in every direction and making sure no staff or faculty were coming their way. After they were in the clear, Mundee sighed and looked up at the pyro. “So, don’t you think it’s kinda funny that we’re doing this... I’m greatful and all, but... it’s just that we’re kinda... polar opposites!” He said, laughing a bit at his own joke.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Tobias sat in the class, slightly aware of the occuring events, it was homeroom so no actual lesson, but his next lesson as science, so deep down he was kinda worried. He could feel Skylar on his shoulder which was reasuring.

"Oh god. No. Don't. Just don't. Don't make me regret bringing you here" Isak said and facepalmed. But the hint of a smile was still visible under the hand. He took one last look over his shoulder and opened a door that was almost camouflaged in the wall. The only way you could see it was there was due to the handle. A lot of people missed it and just walked past it. Isak had found it when running from a teacher.
"Okay. Here it is. Get in. There's a lot of soda and stuff in here so just help yourself. You can make it cold yourself" he said, hinting at Mundee's power.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis watched as Isak and Mundee both left the classrooom. "Well that was unexpected, at least a little bit of it was." She started to fidget with her pencil, not paying attention to anything. But soon after awhile, she got bored and started to read a book. Otis stopped reading for a moment to glance at Tobias. "What's it like being blind? Are the rest of your senses enhanced or what?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Mundee took one of the sodas, and it instantly became cold in his hand. “Thanks for this. I think I’ll try to find a way to stay in class for now. You know, to not deplete your soda supply at twice the rate.” He replied. He then thought about the other fre- I mean, cursed as he took a swig. “Hey, it’s pretty convenient that we have powers that help us get out of class. Or at least, I do. You don’t really care, do you?” He asked, smiling but not in a bad way.

"Don't worry about the sodas. I can get more" Isak said and grabbed another can to drink. He opened it and chugged half of it in one go.
"No. You're right. I don't care if they throw me out of the classroom or not. But you know, i could always fake a hypothermia during class. Atleast during winter. And that way they'll have to send me home. Not that i think i'll have to fake one when it's winter. It's already cold as is" he said, almost dreading how cold the winter would be. He finished that can of soda rather quickly, grabbed 2 bags of chips and offered one to Mundee.
"You can keep this if you want. By the way, there is an entrance to this room from the outside as well. Not easily missed if you know this place exists. You can come here anytime you want. Just make sure to let me know if soda or snacks run low. Or fix the problem yourself" he said as he held out the bag of chips for Mundee to take

Skylar yawned, "Homeroom is boring.." She whispered, then nudges Tobias' head with a wing, "I have a plan for the eye thing. We can have a glass of water and a glass of dangerous chemicals, then put the water in your eyes and pretend it was dangerous stuff. Does that sound okay with you?" The teacher stared at her,
"Can you shut that bird up? It's chirping really quietly, but it's still a disturbance to the class." She crouched down and tucked her wings back in. "Don't worry about me, Tobias, I can just fly away if I have to!" She whispered once again, only to get another glare from the teacher.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Mundee took the bag of chips and nodded towards Isak. “Thanks again for doing this. It’s nice that you’d let a near complete stranger do this. How about we alternate who gets the rations every time we get low?” He suggested. He again thought of the others. “So, how do you think those others are holding up? Ones blind, ones a bird, ones super fast... I wonder what trouble they’ll get themselves into throughout the day...” he said. He took another sip of soda, and ate a handful of chips.

Last edited:
"Don't mention it. You seem nice so i don't find any issue in bringing you here. And i was actually planning for us to alternate the rations when we get low. We can split the cost in half and so on. If one of us pay, then the other will give half of the money for the stuff to the one who paid for it. Except i don't pay for everything in here..." Isak said, a little worried about how Mundee would react to the fact that some of these things were stolen. Not bought. Maybe he wouldn't care but that was a little unlikely.
"I also wonder how much trouble they're gonna get into. But i think that about Skylar is cleared up now. Some of our teacher's are pretty chill. It'll only be hard to have her get into chemistry class. I don't know how that teacher would think of a bird among all those chemicals. Other than that, i would only worry about P.E. Otis, Oliver and Tobias would all have problems with that. And then there's also Valeria and Michael. We don't know what they have. They could possibly mess up in any class" he said as he grabbed some chips and ate them.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
The teacher turned to the class and said "right off to your next classes I believe some of you have Chemistry and some have PE, so off you go." Tobias stood and made his way to chemistry, guided by Skylar, he sat near the back and waited to hear what they were going to be doing.

The teacher told the class about mixing chemicals and doing experiments in the lesson. Everyone was told to get their goggles and equipment. Skylar whispered to the group, "Someone will have to say they pulled Tobias' goggles off as a trick if this is going to work." She sat and looked at them all, "Go get goggles! I'm just a bird." She chuckled, "Less work for me."