• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

They do, but the games portray kids beating champions at such young ages and being able to blast through a region in several hours as wish-fullfillment. In the anime, the paygrade for Elite Four members and Champions are way higher than anything we have seen in the games. Ash was able to beat Brandon from the Frontier Brains but he has yet to defeat any Elite Four member or Champion, and that's because they have been training their Pokemon for years and probably got sponsorships to become champions (meaning companies try and buy them in).

Yea, but you think being on a journey for a year some1 can get a strong enough party well trained enough to take on a league champion? your character is 18, so its possible to spread out the events more.

Celeste for example spent over 10 years collecting and training her team before she started challenging the champions.

Just try to think of it in a bit more anime-like terms rather than the games. E4 and the Champs are basically professional trainers, its what they do for a living lol

Plus, it has been noted that it takes several days to a good week of traveling on a route to even get through it completely. If you gungho your way through, like what Ash did in Episode 1, you can make it to Viridian City from Pallet Town within a day and a half, but it took his dad 3 days to complete one route in the region. Granted, that is considered a small route compared to the other routes in different regions. Which is always why I have a large gap between my characters traveling between regions, because it takes a good half a year to get through one if you aren't even sightseeing.

Apologies if there are some grammar errors, I'll put out a clearer set of the point system and other unclear rules or thing that I might have missed in here if its not too clear in the RP, or characters can ask in the RP and i'll just have the NPC clear things up in the RP

Sleep for now, got a another largish post to make for another RP tomorrow i can hopefully get done in the morning lol

Would the win/loss ratios stay after every season, or do they reset once the new season starts? And what would a good win/loss ratio be for my character if it does stay? Because I'm thinking she has been to Veritas a good 4 or 5 times and became a Battle Master at the 5th, and since she loves to fight and show off how brutal her Pokemon are...

Win/Loss are cumulative and per-season depending on what your looking for, it records both/ there are kiosks in their own rooms and spread across the island that people have access to by inserting their card into to pull up their information. A general good standing for everyone is roughly a 50% win loss ratio.

For Tier 1 Battlemasters, since they tend to be the newer ones, their ratios are closer to the participants but a bit higher around 55% and some more veteran ones pushing 60% against participants / challengers

Tier 2 are closer to 57% and more veteran ones pushing 65% against participants / challengers

Tier 3 are closer to 64% and more veteran ones pushing 67% - 70% against participants / challengers

These are all from their totals not season to season, and as Battlemasters they tend to battle a ton so moving percentages around can be tough.

Spire Masters ratios tend to be more on the extreme side of things with the weaker ones fluctuating between 75% - 80% against participants / challengers and the stronger ones at 83% - 89% against participants / challengers

Which reminds me
@Merciless Medic @soxterluna @Frontier Master you guys can decide which tier of Battlemaster you guys want to be, keep in mind the higher the tier the more tenure they have at the Spire, a new Battlemaster has to start as a Tier 1

Yea, Shade is more of a Tier 1, but has a 57% in win/loss ratio, due to the Ghost- and Psychic-Typed Pokemon sharing a weakness (Dark), Dark- and Psychic-Typed Pokemon sharing a weakness (Bug), and some of their weaknesses being fairly common. What also doesn't help is that their brutality can knock themselves out.

Shade's goal this season is to try and hit a 60% win/loss ratio. Right now, she hasn't battled anyone, so her ratio this season is null, but she would like to try and make it to 60% this season and hopefully that brings it up to 60% in total.

If I do some quick maths to even get a total of 57%, uhhh I will need a fat minute.

So the Island is fairly huge, not small enough for someone to walk around it in one day. The main area where the people arrived is the southern part of the island, to the west is the resort area including the beach, both of these places are connected to the city on the center of the island via roads and trails which is also where the Spire itself is. The city was designed by trainers, for trainers, and includes shops, restaurants, living spaces, shopping districts etc. The Grandmasters Battle Arena is a bit further north of the Spire and slightly off to the east.

To the east is a massive wild area that connects to a small mountain range that wraps around and takes most of the northern part of the island and a bit into the west side. the wild area includes forests, grasslands, caves, mountainous areas, mountains, snow areas if you go high enough into the mountains. There are lifts to take people there from the city

Does the wild area have Wild Pokemon to fight and capture?

Oh, yea, almost forgot but somehow, Shade doesn't know what a single Galar Pokemon is and will find them very interesting. She may try to offhandedly research them as she sees them. But I'll make a post where Shade is mingling with the new peeps without them knowing she's a Battle Master soon.

Yes the wild has many many Pokémon to battle and capture if a trainers wants, and most species that are quite rare in the native habitats are more common on the island. But due to the trainers on the island the wild Pokémon are no slouches, and many have odd friendships with others and battling multiple Pokémon at once is common as for calling for assists. They are not afraid of trainers and often times are willing to battle to assist in training or will help if asked.

@Merciless Medic that's interesting, well Ceres will be battling with her Dragapult in the opening ceremony.

If anyone has a character that has a Pokedex or something, can my character sit next to them during the opening ceremony so she can have a bit of an explanation as to what the different Galar Pokemon are?

I would just like to have a bit of control on what the Pokedex says, but that's all. :3 If not, then I'll just have my character figure it out by herself.

Win/Loss are cumulative and per-season depending on what your looking for, it records both/ there are kiosks in their own rooms and spread across the island that people have access to by inserting their card into to pull up their information. A general good standing for everyone is roughly a 50% win loss ratio.

For Tier 1 Battlemasters, since they tend to be the newer ones, their ratios are closer to the participants but a bit higher around 55% and some more veteran ones pushing 60% against participants / challengers

Tier 2 are closer to 57% and more veteran ones pushing 65% against participants / challengers

Tier 3 are closer to 64% and more veteran ones pushing 67% - 70% against participants / challengers

These are all from their totals not season to season, and as Battlemasters they tend to battle a ton so moving percentages around can be tough.

Spire Masters ratios tend to be more on the extreme side of things with the weaker ones fluctuating between 75% - 80% against participants / challengers and the stronger ones at 83% - 89% against participants / challengers

Which reminds me
@Merciless Medic @soxterluna @Frontier Master you guys can decide which tier of Battlemaster you guys want to be, keep in mind the higher the tier the more tenure they have at the Spire, a new Battlemaster has to start as a Tier 1
Oh so the tiers are tenure based? I assumed they were ranked by their ratios, hence I was going to place Emily Jane as high Tier 2 or low tier 3