• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

Okay, here goes, please tell me if I miss anything, and I'll try to fill it out immediately.
Position: Participant
Name: Jasmine Silverwood
Titles: ( I dunno- )

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 98.0 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Build: Slim
Eye color: Aqua blue eyes
Birthplace: Vaniville Town, Kalos.
First Pokémon: Ralts, now a Gardevoir. ( Female, Shiny. )
Affiliations: Elite four member of Alola.
Likes: Fairy types, drawing, ketchup, training with her Pokemon, malasadas, sweet food, light and pastel colors and sour food.
Dislikes: Onions, hot temperatures, Pokemon abuse, very bright colors.
Fears: Losing her Pokemon, heights.

Clothing/Accessories/Appearance: Jasmine has black hair, aqua-blue eyes, and jet black hair. She normally wears a simple red-colored shirt, light blue colored jeans and brown combat boots, as she finds them comfortable to wear. She wears a bag similar to the female Galarian Potagienist's bag, carrying her Pokeballs, healing items and other stuff like a sketching book and a camera for beautiful scenes.

Badges: Kalos Badges 1-8, Alola trials.

Other Achievements: An elite four member of the Alola region.

Personality:
Jasmine is a cunning trainer but is kind and sincere, scouting out her opponent's Pokemon and weaknesses are her priority. She is cautious about what she does,(Nah, I can't do that XD) she is mostly reserve and is not quick to judge people by their personality or looks. She is cautious around strong trainers, even if they seem sweet or innocent. She is very modest and quite introverted.

Background: She was born in the town of Vaniville, she had an average life. Her mother bought a house in Vaniville. Her family earned an average amount, not too much, not too little. She rescued a Ralts who she found hurt in the route she usually took to go to school, quick to love the Ralts.
When she turned 10 her mother gave her Pokeballs as her birthday present, suggesting she should go to Professor Sycamore to get a starter Pokemon.
She chose Froakie.

Pokemon team
: Elaine the Gardevoir (Shiny/Female), Hop the Greninja(Shiny, Male), Puff the Dragonite (Male), Firefly the Volcarona (Male), Artemis the Decidueye (Female) and Cross the Metagross (Non-binary).

Battle Style: N/A

Also, LESGO.

Last edited:
@FantasyApprentice Hi! Nice character! Although this is Foxex’s job, I would like to help you out a bit xd.

1. The age recommendation is 16+, not sure what 14 is gonna do.
2. A 14 year old being 4’11", I don’t think is average, although I could be wrong on that.
3. 60lbs is extremely underweight for a 14 year old, I think the average weight for an eight year old is 60lbs xd

Think that’s it!
wait where are your Pokémon, all I see are Gardevoir and Froakie xd.
Sorry if I sound rude.

bump up her age a bit, minimum is 16

Her height is fine if she's super petite but she's very under weight XD

Getting a Champion win is fine but not as a job, Diantha will still have her job, Jasmine would probably still be traveling and continuing her journey or having some other pursuits

Since your going for a participant, the battle style is not required, though you do not have her team lol.

also remember not to double post, just edit the previous post if you looking to make quick edits or additions.

@FantasyApprentice Accepted as Participant, remember to edit the info on your initial bio post along with her pokemon party so it slightly easier to find in this mess. and catch up reading on the RP if your interested or just the last few posts. its only 2 pages so far, and i'll be pushing the story forward again sometime this week.

EDIT: Wow, if 6'4 thats really tall for a girl, average american female height is bout 5'4" for reference

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-battle-spire-s1.21720/

Last edited:
Yea, about characters being under 20 and them being Elite Four members, I'll just repeat my two cents here and why I don't exactly agree with it, but here (even though they aren't my character I have done worse, just not on Pokecharms):

For me, an Elite Four member is way above the pay grade of any normal trainer. Hell, even most Gym Leaders struggle against the first of four of the members, and I'm not even going to go into Champions.

You would have to have immense amount of experience for something like that. I don't like the games, as they don't portray this properly (especially when a 10-year-old can catch Legendaries, get Mega Stones and Key Stones super easily, among other things), and the anime kind of shows this better, but not as realistically as they should. They need butt tons of experience, and I am meaning years and years of experience to get to the level of even competing against the Elite Four, much less be one.

As for Acerola, yes, she is young and an Elite Four member, but that was because the league was new and they needed people to fill the roles (hell, they needed a champion and Professor Kukui became the league's first champion to fill the role). So of course, young'uns will be Elite Four members in the Alola League. Every other league has people who are at least older than 21 or look the part because it took them literal years to get themselves to that point. Some people are only there because of their affiliations with big name companies or crime syndicates that helped strengthen their team and basically paid the league to allow these guys in.

So a 14-year-old would only be viable, in my eyes, if the league was new and they needed people, or they were in a position through familial affiliations and they worked their Pokemon practically almost to death and fried their own brains learning about tactics and strategies that allowed them to get to that point. But if Acerola is 11-19 years of age, whose to say that she isn't at least 15 or 16 anyway?

And that's my passionate two-cents out of the way. XD

EDIT: Your character is fine being an E4 member at 18, I just have a slight disagreement with it because it doesn't match what I think it should be, but keep your character the same. This isn't my thread where I can demand it, and I personally don't want to because I can still see an 18-year-old E4 member. It just rocks my passionate Pokemon opinions a bit, but they don't matter right now. XD

Although, I would like to say that you don't have to be on at the same time as the OP creators to join. That's the thing about forums. You make a post, and you can wait up to a week for a response, and the thread keeps going as if it is still alive.

Last edited:
omg I’m such a mistake finder

@FantasyApprentice I find another mistake in your post, this time in your Pokémon.
Metagross. Is. Genderless.`

And I honestly think being an elite 4 member as 18 is fine, well for Alola. Even if Alola isn’t as new as it used to be, I still think they don’t have enough qualified people for the elite 4, so being an elite 4 member in Alola is fine.

Kalos on the other hand. Is a bit. How do I explain this. I don’t know how.

@FantasyApprentice I'm gona have to ask you to choose bewteen being an E4 member of either Kalos or Alola not both. It's all good man, its what the discussion forums are for lol

to give an example of the level of achievements, Ceres Aeons (Profile here), one of the Spire Masters, which is the highest rank you can achieve, at the Battle Spire, and currently there are only 3 named members out of 6, they are essentially league champions that have a more unique battle style and holds absolutely nothing back. She has 2 League champion victories and working on her third, and she's 20 years old, and Professional Pokemon trainer is basically her job along with a side of pokemon research.

This Post in the RP goes slightly more into detail of how the Spire Masters are and their battling mindset is, it's NOT fully flushed out, but its a start and will be further explained once people get the opportunity to challenge the Spire Masters.

sorry if its a lot of info XD

Last edited:
Attention all!

There will be a time skip with my next post, that will go up Wednesday at the earliest Friday at the latest.

The skip will jump to the ship docking at the island in the late afternoon, the opening ceremony will occur in the evening. Please conclude up any conversations or interactions you want to have and/or finish. The dinner meeting with the Spire Masters the night before should be concluding very soon. The opening ceremony will consist mainly minor info about the general rules of the Spire and the exhibition battle between Celeste and Ceres. It should take one to two posts tops.

Any questions, please ask :)

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Position (Required) (Participant, Battlemaster, Spire Master): Participant
Name: Loki Primus
Title(s) (Optional): Johto’s Runner-Up
Age (16+ recommended, remember a minimum of 1 League victory is required or equivalent): 16
Height: Five-foot-two or one point five meters. LESGO
Hair Color: Jet black
Build: Slim, though not ‘skinny’.
Eye color: Green
Birthplace: Mahogany Town
First Pokémon (Optional): Xatu
Occupation (Optional): Pokemon Breeder
Affiliations (Optional) (Required if going for Spire Master): None
Dislikes: Conflict, yelling, night owls, Weaviles.
Fears: Spinarak and Ariados, nighttime.
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Wintertime wardrobe. Chullo, mittens, jacket and boots say it all. He has a broken PokeDex he found on the side of a road that still technically works.
Badges (Required): 16
Achievements: (Required): Runner-Up Silver Conference, Runner-Up PWT in Driftveil City, Runner-Up Pokeathlon, Runner-Up Indigo League Conference, Runner-Up Magikarp fishing contest, Runner-Up National Park big catching contest.

Personality (Required): He is a mixed bag of sorts. He loves Pokémon battles, though hates conflict. He forms friendships and rivalries with ease despite him being very eccentric in nature. He is very good at strategically thinking, knowing type advantages like the back of his hand. However, he tends to fall for the stupidest of strategies, causing him to lose.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Different for all of his Pokémon.
Xatu - Stalling Future Sight
Porygon2 - Eviolite Conversion 2 Download
Umbreon - Pursuit Trump Card Toxic Wish
Magcargo - Shell Smash Ancient Power
Quagsire - Aqua Ring
Scizor - Technician Bullet Punch Swords Dance Fury Cutter

Background (Required): Growing up on a Nursery, Loki has loved Pokémon since he was little. He used to pretend that he caught all the Pokémon by drawing all the ones he knew and showing them to his dad. That love of Pokémon shaped him into the person he is today, one of the strongest trainers of the Johto region.

Name: Quetzal
Species: Xatu
Personality: Cold and logical.
Ability: Magic Bounce
Held Item: White Herb
History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):

Name: Java
Species: Porygon2
Personality: Lifeless though curious.
Ability: Download
Held Item: Eviolite
History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):

Name:
Hades
Species: Umbreon
Personality: Playful and passionate.
Ability: Synchronoise
Held Item: Dark Gem

Name:
Sirius
Species: Magcargo
Personality: Competitive and determined.
Ability: Flame Body
Held Item: Air Balloon

Name:
Axol
Species: Quagsire
Personality: Quirky and odd.
Ability: Water Absorb
Held Item: Rindo Berry

Name:
Irony
Species: Scizor
Personality: Adamant and prideful.
Ability: Technician
Held Item: Focus Band

Position: Participant
Name: Sophia Silver
Height: 5’8
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Build: Skinny
Eye colour: Brown
Birthplace: Galar
First Pokémon: Scorbunny (Now a Cinderace)
Likes: Winning battles, friends, making someone smile, receiving compliments
Dislikes: Arguments, losing (Though they can get over it pretty quickly), being helpless.
Fears: Being left alone, darkness
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Sophia has pale skin, and normally wears white or cream coloured t-shirts with a black hoodie. She normally wear navy blue coloured pants, and black runners with red laces.
Badges: Galar League, Kanto League, Alola League
Achievements: Galar Champion, Kanto League runner-up, Alola League runner-up

Personality: Sophia is normally shy and self conscious, but in the middle of the battle, she doesn’t care what others think and focuses on the win. She usually doesn’t open up to anyone apart from her own friends, and her Pokemon who she talks to a lot. Sophia hates seeing others hurt and will do anything to save anyone in danger.

Background: Sophia grew up in Galar for her whole life. At the age of twelve she received her first pokemon, Scorbunny and did the gym challenge. She met many different Pokemon and trainers and she eventually got to the finals. She beat the champion and became the new champion of Galar. 3 years later when she was fifteen, she decided to journey to Kanto and Alola to beat both of those leagues, but she didn’t beat either of the champions. She has decided to go to Veritas Island to train her Pokemon, and hopefully become the champion of there as well.
LETSGO!

Name: Chilli
Species: Cinderace
Personality: Chilli is powerful, and will do anything to win (Just like Sophia). He loves Sophia, and has been with her all of his life.
Ability: Blaze
Held Item: Charcoal

Name:
Cotten
Species: Hatterene
Personality: Cotten is the backbone of the team, making sure that all of the other member of the team are healed up after a battle.
Ability: Magic Bounce
Held Item: Light Clay

Name: Flake
Species: Toxtricy (Amped Form)
Personality: Flake normal shows no interest in the team, and acts like he doesn’t care about Sophia, yet he still loves her.
Ability: Technician
Held Item: Black Sludge

Name: Spook
Species: Gengar
Personality: Spook loves scaring the others, and makes sure that the team is happy and light-hearted.
Ability: Cursed Body
Held Item: Leftovers

Name: Poli
Species: Poliwrath
Personality: Poli is serious, and cares deeply about the team. He’s the one who’ll protect Sophia and the rest of the team when their in danger.
Ability: Water Absorb
Held Item: Water Gem

Name: Winter
Species: Weavile
Personality: Winter loves helping Spook play tricks on others, but she’s a glass cannon in battle. She can be quick to flee
Ability: Pickpocket
Held Item: Black Glasses

Last edited:
Position (Required): Participant
Name: Bailey Thornbury
Title(s) (Optional): Dark Samurai
Height: 6’1
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Build: Averagly built, around 160 lbs and a little bit of muscle.
Eye color: Brown
Birthplace: Opelucid City, Unova
First Pokémon (Optional): Deino, now Hydregion
Occupation (Optional): Elite Four Member (Unova)
Affiliations (Optional) (Required if going for Spire Master): Johto and Sinnoh Battle Frontiers, Unova Elite Four (Dark Type).
Likes: Training his Pokèmon, Cooking, Intense battles, Foraging for berries, LESGO.
Dislikes: Losing horrendously, one-sided battles, evil teams (specifically Team Plasma)
Fears: Having his Pokèmon stolen, tight spaces.
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Bailey wears a white T-shirt under a black leather jacket with blue jeans and brown shoes. He also wears a black cap with a pokeball on the front. He also has a red backpack containing medicines, cooking and camping supplies.
Badges (Required): Unova League, Sinnoh League, Hoenn League and Indigo League.
Achievements: (Required): Two time victor of the Unova League, former Unova Champion and previous Johto Frontier Brain. Also victor of the Orange League.

Personality (Required): Bailey is very confident, and typically underestimates his opponents. He is also very laid back and likes to joke around.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Bailey utilises a mix of strategy and brute force, he likes to switch between these two styles of battle to attune to the type of Pokémon he’s using.

Background (Required): Bailey was born in Opelucid City, Unova and had grown up all around Dragon Type Pokèmon. He knew very early on in his life that he wanted to be a trainer, and frequently played with the wild Pokemon just outside the city. His dream of becoming a trainer came true when he was ten, when he caught himself a Deino in the wild after forming a close friendship with it. After showing the Deino to his parents and going on his first journey, he went on to become one of the most powerful trainers in Unova.
Current Pokémon:
Hydreigon
Personality: Hydregion views itself as a very powerful Pokémon, (which isn’t wrong), but often leads to extreme cockiness and overconfidence in battle, much like his trainer.
Ability: Levitate
History: Bailey found Hydreigon as a Deino in the forest when he was ten and very quickly formed a close friendship with him, so much so that Deino wanted to be Bailey's first Pokemon. He evolved into a Zwelious after defeating Elesa, and a Hydreigon while trekking through Victory Road.

Bisharp
Personality: Bisharp is a very humble and civil Pokémon and typically helps it’s opponents up after defeating them in battle.
Ability: Defiant
History: Bisharp was found as a Pawniard while Bailey was on his way to Nacrene City, and was Bailey's second Pokemon. Bailey had to prove himself to the Pawniard in a Pokemon battle before catching him. Pawniard evolved into Bisharp after defeating Clay.

Weavile
Personality: Weavile is very mischievous and likes to play jokes on Bailey and the rest of the team. She’s normally the first one to blame when something in Bailey’s bag goes missing.
Ability: Pickpocket
History: Bailey caught Weavile as a Sneasel in Pinwheel Forest after it had stolen someones berries. She was his third Pokemon and evolved into a Weavile after defeating Skyla.

Milotic
Personality: Milotic thinks she’s better than everyone else on the team. She acts extremely elegant and is very stuck up.
Ability: Competitive
History: Bailey caught Milotic as a Feebas in a fishing competition and decided to keep her. She was Bailey's fourth Pokemon and evolved while battling Brycen.

Heracross
Personality: Heracross isn’t really the brightest of Pokémon. He is very gullible and easily tricked into doing things.
Ability: Moxie
History: Bailey caught Heracross while travelling to Driftveil City and was Bailey's fifth Pokemon. He was willingly caught after Bailey patched up his injuries, caused by a fall out of a tall tree.

Togekiss
Personality: Togekiss is basically the protector of the group. She frequently gets the others out of bad situations, and then lectures them to be more careful.
Ability: Super Luck
History: Togekiss hatched out of an egg Bailey recieved in Castelia City, and was initially a Togepi. She hatched in Mistralton City and was Bailey's sixth and final Pokemon. She evolved into a Togetic while competing in a PWT match, and a Togekiss in Opelucid City, where Bailey gave her a Shiny Stone.

Off-hand Pokemon:
Salamence
Region Caught: Hoenn
Personality: Salamence acts very much like Hydreigon, and the two are very close friends.
Ability: Intimidate
History: Bailey caught Salamence as a Bagon in Meteor Falls, and he replaced Togekiss for much of Bailey's journey through Hoenn. He evolved into Shelgon while battling Flannery, and later into Salamence while battling Wallace.

Luxray
Region Caught: Sinnoh
Personality: Luxray is very courageous and encouraging, and enjoys pushing itself to the limit while also encouraging others to do so.
Ability: Rivalry
History: Luxray was caught as a Shinx while Bailey was travelling to Oreburgh City. It was lost and Bailey took it back to it's group, where it decided to go with him instead. It evolved into Luxio during Bailey's battle against Gardenia, and into Luxray while battling Crasher Wake.

Honchkrow
Region Caught: Sinnoh
Personality: Honchcrow doesn't like to interact with other Pokemon and prefers to mostly keep to itself.
Ability: Insomnia
History: Bailey caught Honchkrow as a Murkrow in Eternia Forest. It evolved into Honchkrow in Veilstone City, after Bailey gave her a Dusk Stone.

Bailey's Normal Team
776729_trainercard-Bailey_Thorn.png

Bailey's Elite Four Team
776728_trainercard-Bailey_E4.png

Last edited:
Oh that's cool, Pinch. I hope, when we do get to the fighting, that we have our Hydreigon's duel. That would be very fun to do. :D (then again, I'm all for having Pokemon of the same species fighting each other as a fun and simple building exercise to a rivalry).

@Pinch accepted participant

@Frontier Master We will be arrive with my next post, i should have it up by tonight. its a rather large post lol

@XanthousXatu basically the trainers got their Batlle Spire versions of their trainer cards, boarded the skyboat to get to the island, and my next post will be arriving at the island, most of the stuff is just character development and chatter that's been happening up till now

@FunnyCat117 No problem, take your time

Last edited:
@Pinch accepted participant

@Frontier Master We will be arrive with my next post, i should have it up by tonight. its a rather large post lol

@XanthousXatu basically the trainers got their Batlle Spire versions of their trainer cards, boarded the skyboat to get to the island, and my next post will be arriving at the island, most of the stuff is just character development and chatter that's been happening up till now

@FunnyCat117 No problem, take your time
Just finished my bio