• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

Alright. I couldn't come up with a new character, so here's one of my older characters. Check it out!

Position: Participant
Name: Robin Deux
Title(s): The Swordsman
Height: 5'10
Hair Color: Blue
Build: Robin is relatively well built, due to training alongside his Pokemon, a large amount of physical activity from surviving in the back country, and training in the sword.
Eye color: Blue
Birthplace: Ecruteak City, Johto
First Pokémon (Optional): Big Turk, his Blastoise. Was originally just Turk the Squirtle.
Occupation (Optional): It's not an occupation, but occasionally does work for the Pokemon Rangers.
Affiliations (Optional) (Required if going for Spire Master):
Likes: The outdoors, exploring, camping, swords, training, Pokemon.
Dislikes: Spicy Foods, Tomatoes, Cigarettes.
Fears: Losing loved ones, Hypothermia
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: He usually sticks with pretty plain clothes, preferring simple blue jeans and a green t-shirt. The shoes he wears are some worn down hiking boots, and usually his clothes are rather dirty. Robin also carries around a large backpack with camping supplies, and a sword that he uses to clear away brush when making a path and to Tutor Pokemon moves. On his face, Robin has two scars. On runs over the bridge of his nose, under each eye. The second was on his left jaw, rather small and not as noticeable.
Badges (Required): 34 Badges in total, plus 4 Island Trials. 8 from Johto, 8 from Kanto, 6 from Sinnoh, 4 from Hoenn, 8 from Unova.
Achievements: (Required): Defeating Kanto Elite 4, Unova Elite 4

Personality: Robin has a generally polite and well-meaning attitude. He tries to stay optimistic, but as a weakness tends to run away or ignore negatives. Robin enjoys talking to people, and one of his favorite things in the world is to travel to new places. Robin also enjoys having Pokemon battles and backpacking. If a word could describe his lifestyle, it would probably be wanderlust. He always loves to travel and learn new things about new places, and wants to see the whole world.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master): Most of Robin's Pokemon rely on aiming super precise hits, assisted with abilities and items, to deal critical damage to opponents. Cherry tries to help boost Pokemon's speed, and Turk remains as Robin's anchor to try to overwhelm opponents with pure force.

Background: Robin was born in Ecruteak City, Johto. Ecruteak City is one largely focused on tradition, and the passing on of techniques and history from one generation to the next. This is mostly seen in the Kimono Girls that perform at the dance theatre, but there are other traditions passed down that aren't so public. Robin grew up neighbors to an old man named Mr. Lee, and often helped him out. Mr. Lee was a descendant of a long line of swordsmiths, and had no children to pass his skill down to. Not wanting his skill to die out, he began to teach to Robin (who already had some interest in it). Robin learned how to smith swords, and how to use them in combat.

Around the age of 15, Robin decided to begin his worldly travels. Bouncing from region to region, he preferred to walk through the backcountry when it came to traveling between regions. Every town he came to, Robin would always challenge the Gym there before he left. At the very least, it was an easy way for him to earn money. Plus, he loved battling, so it was a lot of fun. Robin made his way from region to region, making money for his travels in three main ways. The 1st one was battling. Lots of people like to battle, and Robin was very, very good. The second was street performances. Robin would put on little shows demonstrating his skills with his sword and Pokemon, and that would earn him a bit of money. The third was tutoring moves. Robin would use his sword to teach moves to other people's Pokemon that they usually wouldn't be able to learn, moves like Cut and Slash and Leaf Blade. Robin also collected TMs and HMs he found on his travels and would attempt to sell them.

Every once and a while, Robin would hear about a tournament going on and join it. He would always do pretty good, usually ending up somewhere around the quarter-finals and occasionally winning. When he heard about this tournament, he'd figured he'd try out for it and was pleasantly surprised when he found that he was in. By now, Robin had earned Badges from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and other regions that weren't officially recognized by the Pokemon League. He would often spend a great deal of time in the backcountry, where the Pokemon were fierce and wild. It was a way of Robin to train his Pokemon, see new places, and travel to new regions.

LESGO
Name: Q
Species: Gallade
Personality: Q is an extremely competitive fighter. He enjoys testing his strength against other fighting types, and especially against other Gallade. Even when he's serious in a fight, he can't stop a wild smile coming across his face. Outside of battle, Q enjoys sparring with Sam and Robin.
Ability: Steadfast
Held Item: Scope Lens
History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):

Name:
Cherry
Species: Plusle
Personality: Cherry is a very cheerful and upbeat Pokemon. She loves snuggling with pretty much anyone. When it comes to fighting, she does her best to help.
Ability: Lightning Rod
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
History (Optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):

Name:
Sam
Species: Farfetch'd
Personality: Sam is a very serious fighter. Even though he is quite short in stature, he stays calm and a collected when facing opponents that are much larger than he is. He battles with respect for his opponents. Outside battle, Sam enjoys sparring with Q and Robin.
Ability: Keen Eye
Held Item: Stick

Name:
Rea
Species: Absol
Personality: When out of battle, Rea is rather nervous around other dark types and tends to hide around Robin. However, she has a good heart.
Ability: Super Luck
Held Item: Muscle Band

Name:
Kato
Species: Scyther
Personality: Kato is a rather wild one. He's not very good at making new friends.
Ability: Technician
Held Item: Razor Claw

Name: Big Turk
Species: Blastoise
Personality: Turk is more of a strong, silent type.
Ability: Torrent
Held Item: Waterium Z

Last edited:
@Captain Cardboard accepted Robin Deux Participant

People are allowed doubles of a single held item but if you can sub it for something else please do. I think one of my characters teams is holding 2 leftovers but I'm not exactly sure if I found a substitute or not.

Gonna say no battle items though, not too familer with the manga but I don't recall them ever being used in the anime but I can be wrong I haven't watched the show in quite some time outside of the occasional episode. I'd imagine they be pretty hard to use in the heat of the battle anyways since actual battles don't go by turns lol

@Captain Cardboard yea my next post the ship will start boarding

Since @Frontier Master has a character on the boat already it would be cool if he can edit that, if not I think I can work an angle around it. So is Emily going to start challenging the Spire Masters and try to get them beat in a single season? That's super tough, but admirable.

@Shen: King of the Mist E4* or an equivalent achievement for example there are some participants that are accomplished coordinators. High level frontier masters, high ranked battle resort participants. That kind of stuff

Last edited:
@Captain Cardboard yea my next post the ship will start boarding

Since @Frontier Master has a character on the boat already it would be cool if he can edit that, if not I think I can work an angle around it. So is Emily going to start challenging the Spire Masters and try to get them beat in a single season? That's super tough, but admirable.

@Shen: King of the Mist E4* or an equivalent achievement for example there are some participants that are accomplished coordinators. High level frontier masters, high ranked battle resort participants. That kind of stuff
My apologies I thought people were already on the boat.
Emily will be attempting to become a spire master this season though it is more likely that she would have to wait until next season to accomplish this.
Oh and a random trivia/note, Frontier Master isn’t actually an official title... The gym like members are called Frontier Brains and those who have completed the battle frontier are just called Frontier Victors.

I might make some Galar edits, but I personally want to wait to play the games first (It might be a while till then)

Super excited for the new Pokémon though! especially sirfech’d I’ve been waiting for a farfechd evo for so long aaah

@Merciless Medic
“But anyway, would this season be any different to this season?"

I’m not exactly sure what Shade is asking and I’m prob going to blame auto correct for that lol. I’ll be progressing the story with the next post and hopefully have it out by tonight or tomorrow as soon as I can get a response from Merciless. Since most people have posted already.

Oh, so about that Sableye pranking, I want to make a quick post about that, that would seem like Shade predicted it to happen, but that's because she has been pranked by over half of her Pokemon (which is a lot), especially from her Psychic- and Ghost-Typed Pokemon, and especially Chu and Gar. So Shade has a practical sixth sense to protect herself from stuff like this. Oh, and uh... where did Confusion get the red paint from?

ahh ok that will work, after all, Confusion isn’t used to having his pranks fail.

@Merciless Medic <oh the red paint huh, you want to know where that comes from you puny human? well Luna is quite the artist, and loves to bring paint to make some art when he’s bored. and like the little Prankster I am, I take some of that paint with me. you think you’re so good because you can dodge my pranks? well I’ll always find another way! *maniac laughter* ahk hair ball!

oh shoot, Confusion was probably not glad to hear that lol.
well I don’t mind if Confusion’s prank fails on Shade so it’s fine.

Yea, I was hoping to get my post up before you guys went any further. Remember, I'm not that available, especially with how close Thanksgiving is. I was actually hoping to get Shade to react before Luna realized Sableye was missing, but that didn't happen. :/

I'm sure we're scattered all over the place, and in addition to being holiday week, finals for a lot of people i'm not too concerned. I'm sure things will stabilize after the holidays, least until Christmas

just hope for some posts during a week, and so far its been good. I know ill always be around though lol

Last edited:
@Foxex
If I would like to have a character use one of the sky boat’s battle facilities, is there anything I should know about how it functions first? For instance, Is it like a simulator, or just an arena? I wouldn’t want to make up anything that interferes with your ideas for the RP.

@Condor
Nice, so there are two types.
The 3 arenas on the front deck are for general use including trainer vs trainer or trainer vs virtual, the arenas will light up when a battle initiates, there's an official in the area that's just an NPC so you can control him/her if you wish. The virtual battles would be simulated based on a compilation of the trainer's past battles, made to be much more difficult. The Battle Spire trainer card carries much more information about the trainer than one would expect, the virtual simulation battle would be very difficult since it's custom tailored to to each trainer and does not make much mistakes, the Pokémon it uses are 1/2 type counters and 1/2 normal effective.

if there is more info you need, let me know with more specific things you want to know