• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

That’s right, another Superpower High School Romance (ETC) Roleplay Discussion

@Godjacob perhaps early on she pioneers a technique where she can take her shadow and use it to coat herself, making her appear a lot dimmer but also protecting her body from the sun

First she needs to learn how to use shadow powers at all, but yeah finding a way where she can "daywalk" without it feeling cheap has been something I've been milling over. And this could be an inventive solution.

Given I have the only vampire rep in this school, I kinda want Zoey to progress to not being a chump compared to the Werewolf students given their eternal rivals status in media.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
He is able to absorb powers, not to use them himself, just as energy

The shifting is more of a biological thing though, not really energy based. I don't think that'll work. Unless you mean just straight up sapping energy.

Most of those examples stay werewolf form though far as I know, but a fair point.

Just seems I further handicapped Zoey making her stick to the "sunlight=death" rule while the Werewolfs can freely transform without restriction XD

Death Battle failed me.
There's probably better examples, but I'm too lazy to search it up.

To be frank though, nobody said you needed to give her the sunlight weakness. Could just pull a twilight and make her a human disco in the light. Or you could just say it's a myth.

The shifting is more of a biological thing though. I don't think that'll work.

Death Battle failed me.
There's probably better examples, but I'm to lazy to search it up.

To be frank though, nobody said you needed to give her the sunlight weakness. Could just pull a twilight and make her a human disco in the light. Or you could just say it's a myth.

I mean, I feel making a vampire not weak to sunlight is like....not even a vampire anymore. Wanted to be true to the lore not make her a sparkle girl XD I just didn't expect super werewolves being at the school.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
The shifting is more of a biological thing though, not really energy based. I don't think that'll work. Unless you mean just straight up sapping energy.

Death Battle failed me.
There's probably better examples, but I'm too lazy to search it up.

Kinda, it depends on the power.
I mean, I feel making a vampire not weak to sunlight is like....not even a vampire anymore. Wanted to be true to the lore not make her a sparkle girl XD I just didn't expect super werewolves being at the school.

The sun thing wasn’t even a thing at first, the first vampire book, Dracula, didn’t have it, that came later

The sun thing wasn’t even a thing at first, the first vampire book, Dracula, didn’t have it, that came later

If I went by classic Vampire lore Zoey wouldn't be able to walk into a building without being invited and rivers would be her Achilles heel. She'd also die to regular knives so...I think the more modern interpretation of vampire is more what I am going for.

All you really need for a vampire is the bloodsucking. Shadow Manipulation is a real common vamp thing, you could easily work that in if you wanna keep the Sun weakness, I like the shadow cloak idea for if you do keep the weakness

Again I already made it clear I do like the shadow cover idea and will explore that power along with hypnosis. Zoey will be fine just pointing out she is starting off with that room for development in the sake of adhering to "standard" Vampire limitations.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
When did Loufe/O.S suddenly become this popular.
O.S: Man, you punch one chick in the stomach and everyone hounds you.

QUestion for @Gamingfan Would Seth's Telepathy cause him to hear both Loufe and O.S.?
Definitely.

If it's sapping energy, that would make O.S more tired than anything.

Zoey could put on like, sunscreen or something for now. I dunno man.
Honestly only being able to work a night sounds really inconvenient, unless everyone just refuses to sleep and we RP the night through as well.

@Godjacob later in this story there's gonna be a brackets-style tournament, think UA sports festival literally just UA sports festival. So hopefully she has some light resistance by then because it's an open-roofed stadium

Well she has her baggy clothing on so she can manage something. Reason she has not burst into flames yet XD so it isn't like she can't fight at all, just has to be careful to avoid her clothing being ripped till she gets her shadow powers.

When did Loufe/O.S suddenly become this popular.
O.S: Man, you punch one chick in the stomach and everyone hounds you.

Definitely.

If it's sapping energy, that would make O.S more tired than anything.

Zoey could put on like, sunscreen or something for now. I dunno man.
Honestly only being able to work a night sounds really inconvenient, unless everyone just refuses to sleep and we RP the night through as well.

See above.

Zoey: You broke the stands and KO'd a student....seems excessive don't you think?

Most likely. The Blue Pyromancy power is more of just a mutation of some of the first fire elemental abilities. Basically, can't burn well on it's own but is incredibly violent and has very little strain on Soul's body... generally. Increase the heat too much and he can actually burn himself, even through his existing flame-retardant body, but he'd have to be shooting flames from every part of the body at max heat without being in Full Power State for this to be a REAL issue for his health.

His Cosmic Hands are a different story. The aliens in question are basically dimension-trotting celestials. Amorphous beings comprised entirely of the cosmic energy that rests inside Soul's hands. They basically look like blue nova creatures. Generally they don't take humanoid forms, however, a few passed by earth via traveling on a meteor, and promptly got busy with a few human women, making a few bloodlines of their cosmic DNA pass through the veil of time to be inherited by Soul. The power fluctuates, some of Soul's ancestors and distant relatives having as much as entire arms made of the stuff to only a single toe or ear. Soul got a pretty sweet deal, with hands, because having his arms explode every time he wanted to attack is much less accurate for one and also much more damaging to his own structure. Plus he can attack more frequently as the hands regenerate easier than... entire arms.

Last edited:
Well, they may be able to recognize the energy, but probably not its origins. The specific species of cosmic dieties is so illusive that they are basically invisible, their species is unnamed by most that have even encountered their descendants, and the most that exists of them in any singular universe is leftover DNA from their intermingling with species. Imagine them as basically ghosts, gods that influence the worlds they discover on such a minor scale, and yet it sometimes leads to major ramifications. They themselves might not be traceable, but their descendants surely are traceable. So the Enerdapts might not know where exactly the cosmic energy is from, they might not have any knowledge of the species besides what they were made of and where their descendants ended up. So sure they could recognize the energy Soul carries as Alien, but they probably wouldn't know much else. And besides, they won't notice this alien connection till the gloves come off.

I'll start calling Soul's ancestor species "Celestials." Though the Enerdapts are well travelled and also are interdimensional, it is unlikely they would come into contact with any Celestials in any major capacity. The only waysI could see this happening is-
1. They discover the genes of Celestials in populations already existing in universes they decide to move to
2. At some point a Celestial or two ended up mingling with a small portion of Enerdapt population, which is likely but wouldn't make them really KNOWN in their true form by the species
3. They encountered them directly. This is the most unlikely because they're basically ghosts at a grander scale, invisible to the flow of time. They wouldn't attack the Enderapts, they don't wage wars, and are completely passive, only really looking to spread their genes across the infinite expanse of space-time
4. Besides finding their DNA in existing populations, the other most likely way that the Enderapts would know about Celestials existing would be if they could track their distortions they make when they move across dimensions, follow their thin traces and paths through the stars

Either way, the Enderapts have probably no concept of a Celestial in and of itself, but have most definitely seen a hybrid Celestial, which Soul is one of them.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
I'll start calling Soul's ancestor species "Celestials." Though the Enerdapts are well travelled and also are interdimensional, it is unlikely they would come into contact with any Celestials in any major capacity. The only waysI could see this happening is-
1. They discover the genes of Celestials in populations already existing in universes they decide to move to
2. At some point a Celestial or two ended up mingling with a small portion of Enerdapt population, which is likely but wouldn't make them really KNOWN in their true form by the species
3. They encountered them directly. This is the most unlikely because they're basically ghosts at a grander scale, invisible to the flow of time. They wouldn't attack the Enderapts, they don't wage wars, and are completely passive, only really looking to spread their genes across the infinite expanse of space-time
4. Besides finding their DNA in existing populations, the other most likely way that the Enderapts would know about Celestials existing would be if they could track their distortions they make when they move across dimensions, follow their thin traces and paths through the stars

Either way, the Enderapts have probably no concept of a Celestial in and of itself, but have most definitely seen a hybrid Celestial, which Soul is one of them.
In addition to undoubtedly having encounter thousands of halfbloods, with and against them, allowing them to know of a species like them to some capacity, if they radiate energy like I might assume they do, they would be probably be found. And if they were, the Enerdapts would not really mind all that much, and probably be courteous and respectful, both because of their friendliness and the unique energy.

If they ever did encounter directly, it would most likely be brief and uneventful. The Celestials don't have a language, seemingly having a telepathy web between all its members, and having such a formidable mind that not even the greatest mind piercing ability can enter them. They also really don't like to be where large amounts of people are. So while not hostile, they wouldn't be... very responsive to the Enerdapts. I doubt such a... stale meeting would be remembered by the greater species as a whole, besides their unique starlight energy... however, even that probably wouldn't give them away, their energy signal is so close to that of a nebula or star that they may be undetectable when camouflaged against a heavenly body.

Characters have to have a decent amount of strengths and weaknesses, you can't have gods as characters. Make them fair and balanced. Celestial energy is highly reduced in their interspecies offspring, seeing as they can't breathe in space, or travel wormholes, or surf oblivion itself, or camouflage themselves against stars and galaxies. Basically all Soul inherited was physical power, lasers n' shit.

And sure, that works. I like the idea of this sort of... connected narrative between the species of Aliens. I mean I'm making up all this shit on Celestials as I go along lol, but sure. If they see Soul, they probably know about Celestials, and know he's descendant of them, just based on the rather unique energy that isn't camouflaged against any heavenly body or nova.

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Wel since Marcel’s battle has started time to introduce the “Full power” form of Marcel. I call it True Demon. But since it is the beginning of the roleplay it will be considered “Unstable”. Meaning he can sustain it but it affects his physical appearance and his abilities. They will be halfed after usage of the form.

As for how it would look. I’m culminating multiple Ideas for horns but for the normal exterior I have a clear picture on. For body type I’m thinking somewhat of Demigra’s Own demon form. I’ll leave references. Then instead of hooves I’m thinking of clawed feet. Again references at the bottom. A dragon like tail with a blade on the end of the tail. And his entire exterior besides the eyes is pale white. The eyes are completely pure crimson.
(References)
Demigra’s Demon form: Credt to Ssjrose on Devientart for the render
90BD6522-B6B6-428B-BD6B-CB85C59CD8C9.png

The clawed feet: Original art is credited to Electrosa on Devientart
5D29C71C-5091-491B-A9F6-7C8955E93BEE.jpeg

Name(First and last): Jude Mindfall
Species: Hooman
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
631101_4xGPbjJj.png
Jude is 5'3 tall and weights around 110 lbs, he had light green dyed hair with a single strand being red after his previous/original hair colour. He has also light red/orange eyes with quite the serious look, he also has beauty mark under his right eye an small electronic device pinned to him on the back of his neck serving as a limiter.
(Made in https://picrew.me/image_maker/631101 (いろんな僕メーカー))
Abilities and Powers: Axis manipulation- Jude posses ability to create and manipulate the points of rotation of things. Their speed, way they rotate with and scale, due to great power of this ability and fact that even using it for a short while was straining and after a while hurting his body, he received from the goverment most recent power limiter set to limit his powers on as big degree as possible. Jude is limited to use this power only on non living things 8 feets around him, he also have his power strenght a bit reduced and even before the limiter he couldn't use it on any living being that wasn't himself and on things that other living being holded or was wearing.
(If it won't be too op, maybe he gains more abilities :?
Eight Conciousness- Jude due to great effort in his studies, gathering knowledge and meditation gained another sense, completely new view on the world and completely another mindset that could be called by simple people like 'future-vision'. He can see a possible futures of outcomes of events that involves him as a person, however he can see only 24 seconds into the future and he can't hear the future, for example he can foresee someone gonna approach and talk with him, but he won't know what conversation will be about, he also can't see future of people that events won't be directly connected to him by the seen time period.
Personality: Kind of a quiet and hard to understand type, Jude usually keeps his emotions at check and doesn't say much, due to being shy and usually feeling that people won't like him so he has no need to say anything. But even when he acts like this, he is not a push-over as any attempts on getting to his bad side may end up really... Bad. Even Thunder Quack could run away.
Way of Application(Completed test/Recommendation/Etc.): Recomendation after seeing what he is capable of, they hope that boy will learn as much as possible to control himself and don't get demage by his own power after taking the limiter away.
Relationships: Grandfather that took care of him, Some of goverment workers (aquaianteces), he doesn't have any friends.
Other: N/A

Last edited:

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Soul may show off some of his Full Power state, basically like a Celestial Avatar, but fusing with his Pyromancy to make something entirely his own. He'll most likely just try and brawn it out.

Though make sure he's not too crazy, we don't want Marcel as an unbeatable monster to start out with. Power creep is real.
Don’t worry Cryronn. I’ll have it under control

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
I've just realized; in hindsight.. maybe it's not a good idea to put up the guy made of dark energy against the guy who is immune to- and absorbs any type of energy.

Something tells me that's not gonna end well, lol.
Probably not
Wormwood is technically extraterrestrial so... I guess i'll just push him in that lore
Inset wormwood from the garden?