• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

That’s right, another Superpower High School Romance (ETC) Roleplay Discussion

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Starting to have scale concerns of this given the cast has cosmic energy users and inter dimensional beings and the like while I am rolling with a vampire and one martial arts boy

Kinda worried they'll become irrelevant to things as the students learn more of their powers.
Well, mostly its there history, and more something for the characters to talk about, I dont know if we will ever venture off the planet, and doubt we will ever leave the universe

Well, mostly its there history, and more something for the characters to talk about, I dont know if we will ever venture off the planet, and doubt we will ever leave the universe

I meant more the power level side of things, rather than where the story physically ends up going. Just feel there is gonna be a big "haves vs. have nots" separation in this RP which I am just worried over.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hunter is literally just someone who gets possessed lol, I tried to keep her somewhere in the middle

I might add more spirits like her grandparents to her arsenal if we want to start buffing our characters later on but for now I think she’ll stick with the three I’ve got

If all the characters aren’t on the same general level we could always buff the weaker ones and/or nerf the stronger ones

I mean, this is a ROMANTIC roleplay. Power levels aren't that in focus.
Cryonn's hype in getting minors to fight is getting to y'all.

Your character broke the bleachers and KO'd another student though....*Rubs chin suspiciously*

Just a matter of wanting any kind of character, whether one with cosmic powers or a badass normal, to get equal shine and not feel objectively pointless among their peers. This is a hero school after all, we should work to celebrate all kinds of skill sets and make each seem applicable to a degree.

Pretty much the main focuses are on the students and relationships. There are only a few points where combat is the focus, but we couple it with character building.
We have the tournament, brackets style, where each character is trying to win for their own personal stakes and beliefs and junk, wether it's to impress crushes or just show off, etc.
Then we have a couple villain attacks, first one in November, second in December, third in February and March, kinda a continual event, and some small stuff in between, and then the final fight.
The last event won't be the final fight, rather a sort of prom-like event where they can vent after... everything, you know fighting a god of sorts.

True, Action isn't bad as part of rp but if it may suffer the romantic part if there is too much action part.

Its not like speed of light for my character is a problem. He is a base of other character but due to how op ot was gave him nerfs and limiter. (Trying to be original for once)

I mean let action stay, but also don't forget other important parts that make this rp. (or something, I tried to sound smart here)

Starting to have scale concerns of this given the cast has cosmic energy users and inter dimensional beings and the like while I am rolling with a vampire and one martial arts boy

Kinda worried they'll become irrelevant to things as the students learn more of their powers.

My plans for Seth is him learning how yo 1. Reflect things with his barriers, and 2. Actually form objects with his Barriers (I really like the Idea of him forming a bubble shield around him and running inside of it like a hamster). Mira on the other hand is literally powered by the power of friendship. Also speaking of romance, Seth is gonna be the ultimate wingman to Mira since his only C̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ not a crush doesn't swing that way.

Last edited:
Pretty much the main focuses are on the students and relationships. There are only a few points where combat is the focus, but we couple it with character building.
We have the tournament, brackets style, where each character is trying to win for their own personal stakes and beliefs and junk, wether it's to impress crushes or just show off, etc.
Then we have a couple villain attacks, first one in November, second in December, third in February and March, kinda a continual event, and some small stuff in between, and then the final fight.
The last event won't be the final fight, rather a sort of prom-like event where they can vent after... everything, you know fighting a god of sorts.

Which again is fine, I know romance is the focus here but it is more making students feel they are in the same competitive ball park more than anything. Just would be dispiriting for some characters to end up "useless" in those action scenarios or be made clear some students are just objectively superior in those relevant areas with no way to carve their own usefulness alongside them.

Well, It's hard to balance. Though we're probably gonna have some characters who are kinda just... better, in a way, we need to do our best as individuals to balance it. At some point you're gonna be up against a target you can't beat, and that's fine, but we can't have demoralization be too prevalent. Sometimes your guy just goes down in the first round. We just need to be respectful of each other and... try not to go on power trips... and we should be fine. The best way to balance something like this is just to be courteous and try to make it fun for the characters and the actual people behind the screens

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
this is probably one of the last characters i'll be making, but this character will be part of the staff, being the faculty member who found Wormwood.

Name: William Carter (Another Don't Starve reference)
Species: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: William is 6'7 ft tall, with light blue hair and fair skin. William wears a straw hat, a plaid polo shirt, and black pants. He wears red gloves. He has light blue eyes, and wears brown boots.
Abilities and Powers:
Rain: He can create small/medium/large sized rain clouds which release... rain. Depending on the size, it will take larger amount of water from his body. He needs water to create the rain clouds. He can die from thirst if used too much.
Hose: He has holes in his palm that lets him shoot out hot/cold water. Just like his first power, he will use water that he drank, or has in his body to use. The longer it's being used, the more water he'll need to drink. He can die from thirst if used too much.
Personality: William is a very stern man, especially when you have just met him. but underneath, he is a very kind guy, giving and polite, especially to his acquaintances, friends and family. He's also very humble with students and staff alike.
Way of Application: Is a faculty staff
Relationships: Friend to Wormwood, Friend to Arthur Firefreeze, and has no known relatives.
Other: Thunder Quack

another faculty staff if needed right here

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
i have a little idea.
We could probably divide the students into different classes. Summon class, Physical class and Magic Class.
Summon class is where the characters that can summon their own minions go, Physical class is where the melee-based characters go take their classes. (eg. flame-boosted punches) and Magic class is where the magic-based characters go, and i what i count as "magic-based" are (eg. plant control, psychic, telekenisis, blasts of fire, creating black holes. etc)
the summon class could also be classified as "magic"

it only depends if we want different curriculums for the characters.
(eg. Wormwood goes into Magic Class, and Zack goes into Physical class, Loufe can go into... either magic/physical class. etc.)

Problem with that is it kinda arbitrarily splits up who's gonna interact and who isn't, at least during classtime, and also many of these power swap between, especially people with 2 or 3 powers. My plan was to make three combat related courses, though in a sense they're more power related. Power Application, Power Training/Control, and Power Combination. The last course would involve people forming team attacks or synergies between the powers of themselves with other people, or even find uses to combine two or three of their own powers. None of these are specifically combat related, though they do gear themselves toward that mindset with this being a mainly hero training establishment.