• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

That’s right, another Superpower High School Romance (ETC) Roleplay Discussion

Do the shockwaves have a radius? I'm assuming they expand outwards from the point of impact to create a blast of force/pressure.

@Godjacob Agreed, if she ends up doing a lot of outside classes/hero work she'll probably need a specially designed suit for it. That'd be my guess, I mean.

Yeah, I kinda need a way Zoey can actually walk out during the day and not risk death if she doesn't suit up with multiple layers of clothing lol

Yeah, I kinda need a way Zoey can actually walk out during the day and not risk death if she doesn't suit up with multiple layers of clothing lol

Perhaps a highly durable material, thinly layered so that when one is pierced there is still at least one or two barriers between sunlight and skin? Or perhaps even some kind of armor to deflect piercing or tearing attacks?

Alright, I gotcha. My mind had it as, upon impact, basically a downward slamming force of gravity for some reason.

Perhaps a highly durable material, thinly layered so that when one is pierced there is still at least one or two barriers between sunlight and skin? Or perhaps even some kind of armor to deflect piercing or tearing attacks?

Alright, I gotcha. My mind had it as, upon impact, basically a downward slamming force of gravity for some reason.

Zoey: The Modern Medieval Vampire lol

But yeah does the school perhaps provide something if Zoey makes a request to them for her...situation? XD

In an enraged state, instead of camling the sky and throwing Super Gravity Balls, he'd go into a savage rushdown style, spewing out Super Gravity Balls as he tries to close the gap. Your Alex Sparrow could probably counteract his savage style, but either of @Crystal1302 's characters would be good with their barriers for defense against his Super Gravity Balls. Otherwise characters would just need to match his offensive power.
The thing about Seth is that in a one on one fight with Donald, he'd get pretty much destroyed. With his barriers he could put him on defense but cant do much damage in return.

The thing about Seth is that in a one on one fight with Donald, he'd get pretty much destroyed. With his barriers he could put him on defense but cant do much damage in return.

I honestly think it would be similar for Alex. While defending against a rushdown, maybe he could win, but use of the Gravity Balls forces him to rely on defense and evasion with Counterblow.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
That seems a bit big. Who is suppose to dodge that or have a way to avoid it? XD

One of the fire or ice characters could probably weaken the strength of the balls by bringing the vibrations of the molecules closer to the surrounding air. Either by heating up the air or cooling down the balls.

Teleporting ice girl at your service, if necessary.

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
You all must be very exited to get this letter of acceptance.
Congratulations, you are one of five-hundred and fifty people entering our first year program in Comet Trail High School!! In this school you will learn about power control and usage, as well as normal studies. Dorm rooms will be chosen by you and you may choose to have a roommate. Comet Trail City is next to camp where you can visit and even go to its stunning beach! School starts Tuesday September 3rd! Remember to be here!
-Formally, Principal Arthur

Yeah. I did this. I rebooted an rp.
Now you must want the rules... Crap Baskets...
1.Pokecharms rules. Duh.
2.NO GODMODDING WITHOUT PERMISSION.
3.Have fun.
4.No, really, have fun.
5.No overpowered abilities and no more than 3 abilities. Make sure those abilities have balance.
6.Age must be over 15, under 16.
7.You are teenagers. You can swear. Keep it to a minimal please.
8.Put 'Thunder Quack' in your bio if you read the rules.

Okay so this deserves some explaining.
I made a High School RP like, 9 Billion years ago, my most successful roleplay ever. However, it slowly fell out of favor, and many important members left. Therefore I have decided to soft reboot the story. Same side characters and you can keep characters you used in the old RP, but also, new characters joining the story is very much allowed! Same overall plot too, I just want a fresh start where people can join and experience my creation... I mean, I’m a lot less edgy than I used to be, so maybe it won’t break my core when I look back in the RP years later!​

Now for the bio.
Name(First and last):
Species:
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Abilities and Powers: (This is Important. 3 abilities in total, must be balanced with a downside if they’re too strong, and they can be named if you’d like, for easier identification in and out of RP.)
Personality:
Way of Application(Completed test/Recommendation/Etc.):
Relationships: (Can range anywhere from family to friends to crushes, go wild)
Other:

Here’s the first few bios of mine. I recommend your character count per person stays whatever you can manage, I reccomend 1-3.

Name:Soul Toran
Species: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: Soul often sports a dark blue jacket hoodie, a variety of shirts, and usually track pants, blue jeans, and sport shorts as his clothing. He has scraggly, longer, bushy blue hair, that is very deep in color. He has eyes of the same color, and sports a neither tan nor pale skin tone. He’s generally on the cusp of looking younger, but has a sense of maturity. He is 6’ in height, and is very lean with a slightly muscular build.
Abilities and Powers:
Blue Inferno- A fire manipulation power that burns blue in color. The fire is very hot, and volatile in some ways. He can use this power, in many ways, using its pressure like a jet, using it like a flamethrower, or propelling himself by making his body into a flaming meteor. It cannot burn forever, and doesn’t burn as long as normal fire, and also while it CAN burn somewhat when near water, it gets significantly weaker. He can also burn himself past certain temperature thresholds.
Cosmic Hands- Soul has, up to his wrists, see through skin on his hands, beneath that skin laying a sort of liquid of cosmic energy, looking like a blue night sky. This cosmic energy can be released in many ways, but is best utilized at close range. This power scales directly with adrenaline, and is a trait passed down by his mother. This ability seems to be passed down from an alien species.
Personality: Soul is a generally calm and confident individual. He usually sports a big goofy smile, and has a certain air of comedic presence constantly floating around him. He tends to be bubbly and sociable, and yet in many situations he can be observed to sport a more mature attitude, because he’s a very down to earth person. He has much self confidence.
Way of Application: He passed the school exam with distinction.
Relationships: Is Tara's cousin, and also has an older brother named Spirit
Other: Nada

Name: Tara Thorn
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Long blue hair in the same shade as Soul’s. Her eyes are a kind of lightning blue, a bit brighter than Soul's, and with added energetic aura. She wears jackets sometimes, but is mainly seen in tank tops and/or long sleeves. She normally wears basketball shorts and Sporty sneakers below the waist. Her body is soft, and generally slim, an honest 5'8" in height, and has a stockier build, with a decent amount of muscle mass.
Abilities and Powers:
Blue Flash- A much less powerful version of Blue Inferno. Basically, just look at what I said for Blue Inferno's power, and imagine that, but less so. That doesn't mean it's useless though, as it can burn much hotter without causing significant damage to the user's own body, and burns longer.
Berserk- Tara's primary offensive ability, she can pour energy into her physical form, increasing its power tremendously while not even adding to physical muscle mass. Its power works at percentages, 1-100% being the power level she can reliably sustain, while going past that begins to warp her personality, making her much angrier and more aggressive. Her skin radiates energy when using this power, starting yellow and going from orange, to red, to purple at maximum overdrive. It is EXTREMELY hard for her to come back down from past power thresholds of 300% and above.
Personality: She's a bit of a snark, and always loves to tease her cousin. She may be younger, but she acts like she's on top of the world. She's sweet and kind for sure, but she has a layer of edgy sarcasm to throw at anyone. She has a very "done with your shit" attitude when annoyed, but is very honest with herself and others. Tomboy-ish as well, so to speak.
Way of Application: With slight help from her cousin, she passed in the 81st percentile on the examinations.
Relationships: Cousin of Soul and Spirit, her father is *REDACTED*
Other: poyo

There we go!
I hope you guys will join me on a second run through this gauntlet! I hope we can get some momentum here, and I hope you all enjoy! I'll try and get up the rp thread asap as well!!! Cheers!
Excuse me, good sir. Would it perhaps be...... “cowboy time” again?

DoggoKing22

Previously ChristianTheDoggoKing
It do be cowboy time again. Except I’m gonna do whats called a slight switcheroo

Name: “Chris” Westero
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: A solid 6’1” and a pretty muscular build. Long and fluffy, light brown hair on top of a head holding a pair of dark brown eyes and a star-like mark on his right cheek. He wears a green tank top under a brown leather jacket, ripped blue jeans with a belt, and a pair of steel toed boots similar to that of Timberland Boots. He also has a very old cowboy hat similar to something you’d see in an old time-y western movie. He never really seems to take it off though for some reason. Because of that, most people that met him never know whats under the hat.
Abilities and Powers:
1) Hydrokinesis: Chris is capable of controlling water and liquids that contain water. It’s not used all that much for combat purposes, so he mainly uses it as a form of support for himself and others. However if he does use it for combat, it mainly depends on how much moisture the environment has currently and/or if there’s a body of water around. One way he’s been able to find a way around this is by consuming large amounts of water (roughly a gallon). The only problem with this is that if he does this and uses his power, it may end him up in a form of dehydration that’s not too severe, but does require him to consume more water to balance it out. Although he can shoot streams of water, change temperature of water and swim much faster in water, is favorite way of using hydrokinesis for combat is by making bubbles that can be used like throwing stars.
2) Geokinesis: Not only is he capable of manipulating water, he’s also able to manipulate rocks and earth. This is his main form of combat. He can form pillars, shoot sand like a sandblaster, form a suit of rocky armor on his skin or for other people, etc.. His only flaw of this is that if he is in midair, he has to be a certain distance from the ground to be able to use geokinesis again.
3) W.W.H.: [REDACTED. INFO DOES NOT EXIST]
Personality: Although he looks fairly intimidating to some, he’s actually a genuinely nice guy. A gentle giant, if you would. He loves talking to new people when it’s necessary and is in general a very helpful and positive person to be around. But, when there’s a nice side, there’s always an opposite. If any form of hurtful contact onto a friend is shown in Chris’s vicinity, he will not hesitate to go on a full on ass kicking spree (most of this is sarcasm. He hates it when he sees a friend hurt). He’s a bit calculative when in a fight but is usually nice to his opponent after a match is over. Oh yeah, he also has an irrational fear of cats.
Way of Application: Passed test
Relationships: Healthy relationship with a mother. Father... not as healthy but it’s still a-ok. And the hat- ok what is actually up with that is Chris ok? It’s like he has some emotional attachment to it and it’s kinda weird.
Other: He has a favorite form of quote from something he read online that just says “Thunder quack”. No one knows why this has taken the internet by storm, but it’s catchy and people like it.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
(Sorry for Double Post)
Seth Owens vs Robert "Bobby" O'Connell
Emma G. Evans vs Porco Cromwell
Oliver Lewis vs Zachariah "Zack" Andrews
"Chris" Westero vs Marcel Cromwell
Miranda "Mira" Owens vs Kage Shinkoku
Ani Humeri vs Zoey Andrews
Ori Lewis vs Tara Thorn
Leo Mactavish vs Soul Toran
Walnut "Nut" Apeturez vs Piper Roberts
Loufe/O.S vs Guinevere Hunter Quinn
Ryo Kaminari vs Alex Sparrow
Doku Suraimu vs Donald Taft
Jay Blackmore vs (no other OCs)
These were all the OCs and i put them in a randomizer. There were 25 in total, which means we need one more OC if we want a complete set of duels

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
(Sorry for Double Post)
Seth Owens vs Robert "Bobby" O'Connell
Emma G. Evans vs Porco Cromwell
Oliver Lewis vs Zachariah "Zack" Andrews
"Chris" Westero vs Marcel Cromwell
Miranda "Mira" Owens vs Kage Shinkoku
Ani Humeri vs Zoey Andrews
Ori Lewis vs Tara Thorn
Leo Mactavish vs Soul Toran
Walnut "Nut" Apeturez vs Piper Roberts
Loufe/O.S vs Guinevere Hunter Quinn
Ryo Kaminari vs Alex Sparrow
Doku Suraimu vs Donald Taft
Jay Blackmore vs (no other OCs)
These were all the OCs and i put them in a randomizer. There were 25 in total, which means we need one more OC if we want a complete set of duels
Jay approves because he doesn't get to fight anyone

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Name(First and last): Hown Joty
Species: Enerdapt
Sexuality: Strait
Appearance: Hown is about 5’5, possesses a head of reddish yellow hair, and a pair of bright orange eyes(Though he wears sunglasses), his normal dressing habits is a dark blue jacket with a printed picture of a crescent moon, jeans, and a pair of black tennis shoes.
Abilities and Powers:
One: (This is a biological ability, and thus is not technically a power[and thus is not affected by power dampening powers/devices], it is unusual in the world of man) The Enerdapt species has a unique biology, possessing many parts similar to chlorophyll and chloroplast(including chlorophyll and chloroplasts) that makes them immune to, and capable of using(in the sense they turn it into their own chemical energy like plants) any type of energy.
Two: Hown is capable of drawing more power than his species normally can, allowing him to absorb the ‘energy’ of other superhero’s, though this is not permanent by any means, and does not allow him to actually use said power.
Personality: Hown is curious and inquisitive, though he will quickly flee if he feels there is a group of people seeking him out maliciously(might change as I play him)
Way of Application(Completed test/Recommendation/Etc.): Hown was applied to the school by his parents, and passed the entrance exam with perfect scores.
Relationships: (Can range anywhere from family to friends to crushes, go wild) He has both of his parents, a sister, and several relatives off planet, back from where he is from(the sun)
Other: He is skilled in martial arts.Thunder Quack

Hows this?

Last edited:
@| Korutesu | well my original plan was to have about 4-6 fights randomly chosen by myself. I'm pretty sure I wanna match up Marcel and Donald for a match. Perhaps 8 matches, that way I'd feel better because I really do wanna show off the powers of both Soul and Tara. Either way, the first match is gonna be Loufe VS Piper, which I will proceed to set up. After that, will most likely be a classic duel between Soul and Chris, one being a chivalry cowboy, and the other literally having a water bottle labeled- "Respect Women Juice", normally containing Gatorade.

@The Dark Fairy only missing one thing, add it and you will be accepted!