• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Teh Drawings of Firefox

Sem - The wings are my sort of signature marks. 'cause my handwritten signature hasn't changed since I was in fifth grade.

XDDD

And Oak -

The original image size is, like WTF-OMFG big. So how expanded do you need it? And what do you want me to do about the borders? Since the piccu is way taller than wide.

=o

A re-attempt to use my tablet.

vs...

Paint.

TabletvsPaint.png

Paint kicked my ass.

x.x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Giggles*

Clearly not your best work, but still rather cute XD

Love the markings on the Raichu/Zangoose guys. I totally want that Zangoose-styled shirt ^_~
Glad to see that you finally finished that pic up. Looking good alright.

What inspired you to draw the Zangoose with the black cape/jacket?

New character for a small RP forum I've noticed recently. Dunno how well I'll be able to stay hooked on it - but the character is adorable.

Kinda like our "The System" RP.

And the chibi-boy is the game avatar, played by a spaz-tastic teenage girl. With rapid mood swiiiings. YAY!

D=<

Now let's be serious.

Charrie-face-views.png

Charrie-uniform-sketch.png

Contrast-doodlez.png

Charrie-Hyuu.png

If you didn't notice, he's got two totally different personalities. The girl playing him disliked the idea of being either super-serious no-nonsense all the time OR being infinitely happy-go-stupid, so she spawned HIM.

HIM has no name yet, by the way.

With her swings in mood, his personality changes as well.

Feeling sarcastic, determined or in a serious level-upping frame of mind? Just revert to his serious-eyed persona. Feeling spazzy and positively buoyant? Go for the timid and adorable-faced one.

=o

He wears two outfits - one for when he's doing missions for the organization-group he's with, and one for normal RPG-going.

PS - ILU that last picture. It's me trying to draw more manga-esque hair. SO MANY STRANDS D= -foamsatthemouth-

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you didn't notice, he's got two totally different personalities. The girl playing him disliked the idea of being either super-serious no-nonsense all the time OR being infinitely happy-go-stupid, so she spawned HIM.

That sounds like one of my newest RP charries ^^;

Liking that character design. The full body shot is really cute, and various expression shots are always amusing to look through (I'm assuming it's totally owned by her and you just drew it as she described him?).

You're making me want to get back into "The System" now XD

xD

-phail'd expalining-

The girl I refer to is...murr...in the RP, the actual player of the game. She's part of my creation as well.

XD

Like a fictional Katie in The System creating Linkachu the character.

So he's mine~

AND SO IS SHE! HOMG!

-possesses girls now, too-

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, I was just tired from work, so I probably just read your post wrong ^^;

Gonna color him? ;)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I know I commented on various artworks before the forum went *poof*, but I can't remember what I said :-[.

I do really love the chibis, especially the choice of Pokemon for particular people: Nem as chibi-Scizor is awesome, Figs makes the only cute Dragonite I've ever seen, and I'm amused by the not-so-feminine Tyranitar MSDL. You seem to have managed to get across people's personalities despite remaking them as uncoloured chibi Pokemon - which is quite impressive!

The coloured version of the roleplayer/human Pokemon battle is ... words fail me. The textures - rain, lightning and grass - are so amazing, I don't have vocabulary for it. No sarcasm!

-Ka-a post out of nowhere lol-

Really, though. I'd be on, like, WAAAAAY (AAAAAY) more, but my writing ability is being gnawed on by the presence of this novel I'm trying to iron out into writable material. And most of my sketches are OF the main character from this book....like....all of them for awhile.

And some of them are total plot spoilers....maybe....I dunno...

.>

-is still, clearly, working it all out-

I'll post some of 'em if a single person is still interested enough to request it, though.

And - I gotted my first short story-thing done.

Yay for no plot! >

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
That's totally me :p Anyway, awesome, Ff. I like the scarf ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'll post some of 'em if a single person is still interested enough to request it, though.

Always interested XD

He's pretty cute, and your coloring style is just as nice as always ^^

But Firefooooox... You need to PM me back about that PM I sent you a few weeks ago so I can make my update ^^; If you're unsure of what I was looking for in it, PM me back and I'll give you an example. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, though, just a brief personal view on your artwork from yourself ;)

'cause Katie asked (and I'll put up a reminder to reply to your PM tomorrow after school, kay Katie?), here's my collection of sketches.

First, a bit of back-story-esque shix.

This is my art topic so I'm not going to, like, copy and paste the entire workup of the story here (IM/PM me if you want the specifics), but it is an idea for a novel.

The main character, one William Jacobin Newton (his parents had a spark of individuality in them) is a young, aspiring FBI agent, 24 years of age. Tame and socially reclusive on the whole, his growing talent in his line of work (a combination of field work and forensic sciences) is all but unknown by his higher-ups. With a spiked IQ and particular gift for empathy (not fictional empathy, mind you), he should be rising in popularity, but tends to allow credit to go to bolder agents.

He also suffers from often lapses in time, whereas he is unable to recall where - or what - he was doing in the frame of time he blacked out. A cause of infinite stress (the condition could easily eject him from his job if his coworkers or higher-ups discovered it), and for good cause. Will has DID - Disassociative Identity Disorder. Also known as split- or multiple-personality disorder in layman terms. In essence, when he blacks out, and occasionally when he "falls asleep" at night, an entirely different person appears. Or personality anyways.

Called Isaac Dair, this personality is quite the roguish counterpart to tame but determined William. Still wielding Will's resolve, Isaac is prone to hot-headed threats and irritation. He shares a bit of Will's empathy as well, although it does nothing but cause more conflicts in public areas. He is not above public smoking, harbors strong gambling habits, and despises Will in general.

Unlike Will, who is ignorant to Isaac's existence, Isaac is forever peering out through Will's eyes, as if through a window. He knows what Will knows, and is his timid counterpart's "guardian" of sorts. He overrules Will when in highly stressful situations as well as when he figures his interference will create something to amuse himself by (flirting shamelessly with a girl and then leaving Will to deal with her).

Etc.

The story focuses on Will and his third personality, the repressed "Jack" (he never offers a last name). Jack is supressed for a reason - that being that this personality is entirely without moral. He is a smooth talker, quite charming in any situation, and a socio- and psychopath. He appeared along with Isaac when William (keep up with the names now XDDD) first developed the disorder, and was VERY prone to acts of arson and cruelty in general. Eventually Will AND Isaac instinctively repressed the appearances of their third personality, Will just because of instinctive self-preservation and Isaac because Jack threatened the safety of their host on the whole.

Okay.

I explained too much.

Will DOES have a reason for his DID, but I'm SLEEPY now and wanna go sleep.

Like I said, IMs and PMs, people.

XDDD

**William = Timid, kind-in-general, pretty normal
Isaac = Irritable and hot-headed, but also normal on the whole
Jack = Nucking Futs, man. Nucking-effing-Futs. **

William---The-First-Officia.png

William - first picture I did.

Will-n-Co-Sketch.png

LOTSA SKETCHEZ.

Will-Isaac-Jack-Sketch-Page.png

LOTSA MOAR SKETCHEZ.

Not-Quite-Will.png

I dunno how Jack kills, but knives are always fun to draw people with. And Jack is totally awesome, BTW.

Jack---Ive-Been-Shot.png

If he DOES get shot - I doubt it - I kinda want a sequel (if I finish this one), so I want nonfatal. XD

Will---Plainclothes.png

Trying to make Will look over...you know...teenage years....and also dress him in something OTHER than his black jacket and dress shirt. X.X

Yeah.

Drawing Isaac is just boring. 'cause Will n' Jack are so completely different it's funny to see them as the same person.

And, Jack also knows about Will.

Will's just a l'il ignorant guy.

XDD

K

Kumi

Complete awesomeness! *glomps* You rock! (And I thought I was good at art... ._.)

Truffles, your artwork is amazing. (I just saw all 15 pages.) It's so amazing, just simply saying it's amazing would be an insult to your astoundingly gorgeous artwork. I must make up a new complement for your works of art. I shall call this word: fabtanazinasticousical. (My favorites are the Ash/Espeon & Gary/Umbreon, the Lopunny looking up at Butterfree, and Glaceon. I wish I had Photoshop. The novel idea sounds like a good one to me.) :)

HAY GUYZ~!!

Guess what!

Guess what the scanner says about my art topic's pageview-level!?

IT'S OVER NINE THOOOOOOOUUUUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

=DDDDDD

-dies of happy-

That's some nice art, I wish I was so good as you are. I especially like the paint doodle thingy, it just asks me to like it XD

Lulz, I gotten eaten by....several things at once? =DD

-big spammy post of spam-

Pokerz.png

Some sorta Gaia commission?

Asriels-Key.png

Key for a character for a small RP-forum I'm poking at lately. I k'in give the link, but I think they shut registration down. Again. XD

Asriel-Headshots.png

Character for this forum. ^-^

Key-Armband-Colored.png

The amethyst in this bracelet/armlet is what transforms into his Key for battle. XDD

Asriel-Color-Scheme.png

This was me, trying to figure out hair color. XDD

Selene---StarLe-Gift.png

A doodle for someone on said forum-thingie.

Asriel---Wha-what.png

My character again - his name is Asriel, for the record. ^-^ He's got an adorable personality.

Breezy----Gift.png

Doodle-thingie again. Not my character.

Why have I not commented your thread until now? XD
I happen to like your stuff big heap lots. When I see that little link saying "Artworks Forum," your name's the first that springs to mind. The picture you did a while back with the Zangoose and Raichu boys was very impressive; I really enjoyed the bold colors and smooth shading.

For this batch in particular, a couple things stood out at me as really shiny.
In that Gaia commission, the hand is the right size in proportion to the face. And it looks quite natural, too. Those two things alone are worth some serious street cred. :V
I thought your keyblade design was really neat. :3 I can't offer anything knowledgeable-sounding because drawing weapons is definitely not my forte, but yeah. Looks nifty.
Azzie also has a cool character design. Just sayin'.

Of course... nobody is exempt from the dreaded HURF ANATOMY DURF RANT.
I can't offer much advice on body anatomy since most of these end at the elbow, but you might want to watch your dimensions. In the first picture, the guy's torso is as wide as his head. The doodle of the girl for that one forum-person could also stand to have a larger, longer body, unless you were aiming for her to be more chibi-looking.

It's a little hard for me to point out anatomy technicalities when it comes to facial structure in anime, but that certainly won't stop me from trying.

Just out of curiousity... do you use guidelines when you draw faces, or is it all freehand?

I tried mentally tracing guidelines out on a few pictures, and several of these have a few issues with the chin being too far to the side.
The eyes could also stand to be a bit closer together. The usual rule is a space of one eyelength between each eye, though I suppose it's not as accurate in anime, considering how some styles have the eyes taking up 90% of the face. XD
The chin and eye placement are just small things, but they're a bit confusing for me when put together. The chin not being centered gives me the impression that the head is tilted forward slightly, whereas the eyes are drawn level to each other, not on an angle. At a glance, it kinda makes it look like one eye socket is a bit higher than the other on their skull.
It's entirely possible that I'm the only person on the entire forum who gets that impression, though, so take that as you will.

Lulz, YESH!

I swear, it seems nobody realizes how much I lament over those two VERY particular aspects of the human physique - especially since they are rather vital to the picture (being parts of the face and all, you know?) The eyes - I swear I always either draw them too far apart and the character looks...just....wrong...or I draw them too close together and SHA-BAM! No matter how serious I try to make it, the character is a chibi.

>

Inking-Project-character.png

This was my initial sketch for an art project of mine that had to be inked at the end. My teacher frowns deeply upon manga-styles, and much prefers realistic art.

So LOL CART00NZ GO 4 HERZ LOLOLOOOLOL.

Naow watch me fail this project and be like ;______; in a few days.

PS - He's a boy, by the way. XDD

Zxian-----Zxian-Gift.png

Not my character.

=<

Jarvis---Jarvis-Gift.png

Also not....but isn't he KYUUUUUUUUTTT? XD

Crim---Crimson-Gift.png

Not mine either, and her proportions annoy me....somehow.....nomnomnomnom....

And.....

Asriel-Serious-Normal-Outfi.png

Now, I know his legs are....like....tiiiiiiiiiilting to one siiiiiiiide (lol wtf?), but I actually like this picture. ...Just....cuz?

He's so sweet and soft-hearted, but how he looks is...like...cool.

But yuppa, I DREW SOMEONE IN A NON-STATIC POSE, OMFGBBQCHIPS LUV ME!?

-can't tell if her art is improving nowadays or just staying the same as it's been for...like...months...-

Alright... the fabled daxx0r returns from his quest to conquer the interblag. And my first priority is the fayafochs! Geez, you have improved so much it's incredible. Not that you weren't great before, but it's you've managed to polish up all of your skills to a finely tuned machine. Your poses are more flexible, your characters look more natural in their stance and the details... that might be the best of all. It's not a big difference, but the way everything is shaded - the way the clothes fold... It all looks very professional. Of course the same goes for your characters' expressions. More variation and awesomeness there too.

Keep up the good work, my friend! ;D

Time for an art update, methinks.

|D

First off, what I could manage to scan in from my last-year art class - it was the final project we worked on in class, and it took us around a month (of in-school work) to finish. I scanned it in to satisfy Katie's curiosity, and she then threatened to find out where I live and beat all my kittens to death with a teddy bear if I didn't post it. (I ARE SERIOUS! SHE BE CRAZIE! I WAS AFRAID FOR MAH LIFES!)

Blujay-Face1.png

It's face. 8D

Bluejay-Body1.png

Most of its body....some of its tail didn't make it, and I'm WAY to lazy to scan it in. xD

Bluejay-Corn1.png

Okay, lemme explain. We did our pictures by selecting a small picture from a collection our teacher had. She graphed them off, and then told us how to graph our papers to scale (the pictures were tiny compared to the paper we had to work on. x.x). So then we sketched picture, using the little graphed-squares as guidelines, yes? THEN we colored it in with colored pencils and matted it on construction paper.

All of that, just to tell you guys that the corn in the picture was red - my brother always makes fun o' me for the red on the corn. But he mocks me 'nyways, so I guess I should gloat that that's ALL he insulted on this picture. XDD

But ya'. Whatever is left off, I dun wanna bother scanning in, 'cause I have to fight my scanner until it submits to me every time. >

WOW i like your artwork. Your so talented! I can even pic a favorite because they are all so good. Good job. I wish i could draw as good as you.

Love the Blue Jay picture Trufflez. The drawing is like perfection. Everything looks great. It looks so realistic. Especially the feathers on the jay. Love your work. Keep it up.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really like that bluejay thingie!

Also, I luffles the super-fox or whatever stick figure. Win. Both pics of Leverett are great!

And I like all your drawings! Keep up the great work, Firefox!

New-Character-02.png

Lotsa doodles of Leverett, yesh?

|D

And this -

Serious-or-Kidzy.png

Was me, trying and struggling to decide in which style I wanted to draw this main character for a manga. I draw cleaner in the less-serious style (the two drawings on the inside), but the idea for the story is more serious, which goes more with the serious style (the two on the outside edges).

Although, if you couldn't tell which was which, it'd be rather depressing for me.

xD

Lol-

Art-II-Exam-I-Sketch.png

My own interpretation of yours truly, drawn for my Art II 1st Nine Weeks Exam. xD I had to re-draw it on some shitty-tastic watercolor-paper anyways, but it didn't come out too terribly.

Nonetheless, I prefer this sketch over the one I colored in. xD Yes, I wear my jacket like that all the time. It's very comfortable - and I listen to my MP3 on the bus to and from school, as well as in the art room if I stay after school to work on various shiz. The letters "CHS" had to be in there somewhere, since the three requirements for the exam were -

1. had to include yourself
2. had to show what you thought of when you thought of the school in general, and
3. had to include the letters "CHS" or "Central High School" somewhere.

Silly me, reading random-ass magazines.

In the final version I added lockers in the BG, for the record.

|D

ZANGORRO.png

ZANGORRO!

-dies-

Update timez~

Main-Chara-Doodles1.png

Same character for my manga, mentioned previously - me practicing side views for a first time. xD

Main-Character-Doodles2.png

Same smexy bit of smex. Up-close struggle with side views. Oh nose/lips/chin....how I hate you TO DEATH.

Main-CharacterSketch1.png

If you read manga/watch anime, you know the covering-of-the-eyes is just to show his badass-ery. Yes?

Doodle1.png

Lulz, yay doodles. Oh French class, what would I have to post without you? XDDD

Sketch2.png

Oh boy, profile views. XD I'm struggling with them too, at the moment. A pox on all foreheads.

If you're strictly seeking an anime style, then I'm hardly qualified to offer any help. I do recommend you familiarize yourself with human facial structure before you stylize, but again, that's only my opinion and nothing more.

If it helps, I've been using these as references when I practice profile views. The one on the left is a very feminine skull, with the right being very masculine. If you're into ambiguous genders, then you'd probably be better off scouring google for a more median skeletal structure, but I found it handy for studying the differences in each gender's facial features.

(That... wasn't too harsh, was it? >_>;; I'm trying to tone down/not do anatomy crits anymore, since all I'm really doing is annoying most people.)

Figs tends to take forever loading when he comes here, hence the lack of posts. XD infact, as Im typing this, It's still loading XD arlight, still waiting... Alright, there we go, Looks great. ^^ I don't know any of the characters. XP But they are drawn very well. ^^

Luls Snapp - I dunno about now (too sleepy) but your links not luv me the first time I tried to use them. XDD And, actually, the first critisism you gave made me happy (luls!?), desu. I never get any constructive critiques at all really - either people say they like 'em, or my brother says they are crap-tastic-crap-on-a-crap-stick - so actuall getting bits of info on how I can improve are like, nummies, desu.

|D

Although I'm a big, timid sucker for compliments too. They make me feel fuzzy and desu. =3

-climbs on Figs's head-

The last post of mine was all pictures of my soon-to-be-started (well, reasonably-soon) manga main character. I believe his name is now confirmed as Baesil, although I need to investigate last names.....desu......

Yuppa.

DunHurtYoshi.png

Lulz, my ten-second-attempt at drawing Yoshi. Being sad. 'cause he's too cute to be hurt in the H&H topic, desu. =o

-is brain'd by other H&H'ers-

TrufflezAdornsSemsHead.png

-adorns Sem's head-

Need I say moar, desu?

|D

Gary-Oak---Rest.png

I

There's just something ridiculously adorable about everything Trufflez comes up with. And yet, her bishies look very cool. I like the Character design very much. And for some reason, Oakki's my favorite. Keep up the good work FF!

Baesil-Profile1.png

Baesil is Smex.

|D He's too cute to be as violent as he is.

And...

Katsu-Anthro1.png

Katsu (my Zangoose from PMD RP) in an anthro-form.

Which makes him adorable-on-a-stick. XDDD

He was a very talented scientist/doctor-type before he was Poke-fied, so I gave him a smexy labcoat of modified smex, desu!

Makes me almost wanna draw how he looked as a human.

XD