• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A Game Of Life Or Death RP

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin smiled, and went to the menu, accepting the friend request, and joining Casey’s party. “It’s good to have someone I can trust. That way I won’t always be relying on myself to do everything. Plus, having company will be fun.” Justin thought. He saw Casey’s health bar appear next to his. Justin was also glad to have a friend who seemed as comical as he was. If he was more serious, Justin probably wouldn’t have accepted the request. Justin then turned Casey, and nodded his head. “So, you have any quests that would need 2 people right now? It would help me hone my skills, and get the Cor I need for my blacksmithing buisness.” Justin said, hoping Casey did.

(Short posts, wow)

Markus swung and swung, but he was still lacking on defense. Something coach told him not to do. Everyone was so far ahead of him combat-wise and it angered him. he was always supposed to be on top. Why is this different? Instead of fighting balanced, he began to get aggressive, which was completely stupid, seeing as thes were easy enemies. instead of waiting for everyone, he moved on, muttering to himself: "I'm better. I will be better."

Vee grinned ruefully, catching sight on Sen’s eyes on her, and she raised her brow at him curiously, swatting away another Boar with her sword.
“Looking for something?” She teased, making a reference as to what she’d said when she first approached him. But before she could get an answer, she caught sight of Markus going forward without them- after they’d agreed to venture into the cave as a group. She short a puzzled look at Sen before jogging after him.
“Hey- Markus! I thought we were going into the cave together-“ but then she caught sight of the anger in his face, and her look softened slightly, sympathetically. Her lips parted microscopically as her eyes flickered over him, concern in the light green of her iris. “Hey. Are you alright..? Okay- wait, no, I’m sorry. That’s an idiotic question, um- okay, second try, do you want to talk..? Okay, that’s another dumb question- sorry-“ she mumbled, proving that she obviously was not the best at comforting other people. She cringed, muttering more apologies.

Casey equips the Beta Map from the menu. "It seems at the hub, if you enter a certain building an NPC will give you a side-quest that contains enemies around level 4 to 8. Seems perfect for both of us!" He points at the building on the map. "I need to get healing crystals back at the Town of Beginnings anyway."

Last edited:
Isak laughed at Little's question.
"No. Not looking for anything" he said. Alright, Little was cute. He could admit that. But there was nothing 'special' there. That she was fun to be around was all. He followed Little over to Jumpy. He noticed that he was pretty angry and therefore decided to confront him about it.
"Hey, Jumpy! What's wrong?" He said. He was prepared for the guy to attack them and had a hard grip around his sword. He knew how some people could be when they were angry and since he didn't really know this guy, he was prepared for anything. Especially now that they were outside the safe zone

"No, im fine." He spat out. He did soften though, seeing her try to help, and seeing that Isak was willimg to check up on him, and he calmed down a bit. Still angry, but tried to be more rational. "I'm sorry. This whole 'teammates that are good' thing is new to me. I have a bit of a complex I guess, but I promise you right now, im not gonna be behind any of you for long. Sorry if that came out rude, I didn't mean it." His eyed widened at the sight of a boar charging towards them. Markus finally had something to distract himself. Until someone had someway to escape, Markus would have to be on top. He had newfound confidence and began charging his skill, ramming it through the boar.

"Come on people, I wanna be up early tomorrow!" The fear was no longer in his voice, and now he could focus better and do what he has done forever. Make himself stand out.

Last edited:
She looked to the other players seeing them kill off monsters as she sighed. "Well we might as well train again huh Dove?"she asked her. She let out a bark before standing up. He saw one of the male players that was mad as she walked over. "What is the matter? Why are you angry?" She asked as she will calm him down.-

Vee, despite her best efforts, flinched when he spat out his response. It wasn’t a little, either- she noticeably jumped and took a step back, her hand going to her sword by instinct. She studied the ground for a moment, biting her trembling lip as to hide it from quivering.
“N-no, I- I get it, it’s- it’s alright, you’re- you’re fine.” she mumbled quietly, nodding. She stepped towards the cave, gesturing for them to follow. “..Should we go..?”

Myra turned around when she heard footsteps, she looked back at the cave and someone there. She hid a bit to make sure it wasn’t a monster but when she looked back, it was just little Sixty year old man. “Oh it’s just you, let me guess your here with your boyfriend and to “train” together hmmm?”

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin nodded and handed Casey a teleportation crystal. “We can get there faster with these. By the way, what’s the reward for doing the quest? I’ll do it either way, I need the EXP to level up, but I’m just curious. Also, I need more throwing knives anyways. And is that map worth it? Seems like it.” Justin said. He didn’t mind giving up any of his supplies to a friend, even if they had just met.

(My posts are all gonna be short until something bigger happens)

Vee always was the kind to be unaffected by taunts and teases, and her way of brushing them off what to go with them, and sometimes it went badly. This was why.

She arched her brow at Myra when she snapped at her, something along the lines of Sen being her boyfriend. Refusing to get annoyed by the other girl and in a burst of confidence, she crossed over to Sen and put her arm around his shoulder, which required her to get on her toes. She shot a grin at Myra.
“Awh, how’d you know? Yep, that’s what we’re doing. Don’t get too jealous, sweetheart, I’ll come back for you~” she grinned, blowing a kiss in Myra’s direction.

Getting off her toes, she crossed over to the entrance of the cave, her hand on the hilt of her rapier.
“Are we ready or what?” She shouted, excitement lacing her voice, her voice echoing off the walls of the cave.

"It cost most of my Cor after I grinded for a while, but it will help for many side quests on this floor." Casey grabbed onto the teleportation crystal. "And the reward? I don't know yet, though most of these quests give Cor and experience." He used the crystal, teleporting both Justin and Casey to the Town of Beginnings.

"Okay, so the building is right there." Casey points north-east, towards a small house with an orange roof. They enter, and an NPC interrupts them. A quest is added to their menu's, telling both of them to defeat a large wolf. The rewards are Cor, EXP, and wolf pelt to create equipment. "I guess we should head towards there, though we should buy potions." Casey tells Justin.

"Enough with the yelling, if we could feel true pain i'd need plenty of pills to just stand you guys!" He joked. He stepped into the cave and assumed that they would follow. It was long and straight, bats were everywhere. Before long, the small Exp given began to add up, but it ended when the cave broke off into a fork. Three openings.

"I'll take far right. Fight amongst yourselves for the other two."

Isak had understood the situation quite well and decided to play along with Little.
"Oh hi Pervert. Yeah we were just going to train a little. As Little says, don't get jealous. You'll catch up to us at some point" he said sarcastically with a grin. He continued onwards to the cave with the two people. He thought that it'd be a good idea to check his supplies before he went in. He had enough. 3 healing crystals and 1 teleportation crystal was all he needed right now.
"I'm ready atleast. But i think we should leave the miniboss for now. We should leave it until we have more healing crystals with us" he said. He turned to Jumpy.
"IS THAT SO!!? VERY WELL THEN!!! GUESS WE SHOULD BE QUIET THEN, LITTLE!!!" he yelled and laughed right after he finished. He offered that he would take the left side and that Little could take the middle. It didn't really matter to him which one he took but it maybe mattered to Little. If she argued, he would just switch their places and take the middle

The girl grinned when Sen as he went along, chuckling softly. She screwed her eyes shut as he started yelling, laughing quietly. When he suggested she take the middle, she nodded approvingly.
“Sounds like a plan,” Vee confirmed, disappearing into the middle tunnel. It was pretty blank, some stalactites and stalagmites and even a few one-hit bats, which slowly added up at her experience bar. The sound of her thin blade swishing through the air was the only sound she made, her enjoyable smirk evident on her face. For a moment, she forgot about being trapped. She forgot about the real world, she forgot about her worry.
She was just slashing away, gleefully slicing around, her experience adding up. Minimally and slowly, but it was.

Dylan arrived at the 1st town west. It seemed there was a group already there and he waved as he passed by them. He was attacked by a wolf earlier on during his journey so he had to flee and use a healing crystal. He went to buy another and he decided to grind around here till it would get crowded. He walked out into the plains area and saw that the boars were just a little stronger then when he was at the town of beginnings. "Hmm. Does that mean I will need a group to even be able to move on? These monsters could get dangerous."

Markus walked for a while, until he fell. it wasn't a short fall, he fell far. He looked from where he fell, and couldnt get back up.

"Maybe this is a scripted event." He said, continuing on, but got nothing but a dead end. Looking at his inventory, he used his last teleportation crystal. Then something growled behind him. He slowly turned.

"Aw, come on!" he grabbed his sword in a defensive stance.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Yeah, we could use some potions. By the way, maybe you could use the wolf pelt? I don’t know if I’d be able to, considering I mostly have my blacksmith perk for weapons...” he said to Casey. He then wondered which potions they should get. Justin decided on a sneak potion, and a defense potion. “I’m good for now. You get what you need, okay?” Justin said, and waited for his pal to finish up.

Casey bought a few health crystals, and a defense potion. "Alright, I believe I'm ready." The quest led to a dungeon far from the hub. "I guess we should be going there." After getting ready, they leave the Town of Beginnings and approach the dungeon.

(Sorry for the very short post, also this isn't the dungeon to go to floor 2, this is just some random dungeon ^^)

Isak went inside the left cave and killed every bat that attacked him. They were easily killed. Too bad that they didn't give a lot of experience. It was understandable though. If they gave more experience then the game would be too easy. So it was very painful to keep this up all the time but it was definitely easier than all those old games that you had to play on a flat screen. On those it was even more painful when you tried to gain experience. Anyway, Isak kept on slashing the bats and gained a lot of experience. He went past level 12 and went halfway on level 13

Myra smirked and smiled to himself, even laughing a bit “oh I just love messing with those two, there face is cute when they talk back” she walked straight through the cave, when she saw 3 tunnels she just kept walking straight, seeing disturbed bats roam. She killed them one by one, eventually meeting Vee slashing more bats, she went up to Vee and grabbed her arm she was slashing with and grabbing her body pushing her to the wall, she made a giggle and french kissed Vee.

Vee was just about to turn around and follow the sound of Markus’ panicked yell, when she saw Myra walking towards her. The girl chuckled and shook her head, meeting the girl’s stare.
“Awh, coming back so soon, sweetheart?”
She teased, grinning jokingly. “I-“
But she was cut off, literally, by the girl forcefully pressing her lips against her own.

Valerie Garcia, for a lack of better words, was stunned. She went rigid against the stone wall, grabbing tightly at Myra’s wrists and pulling her off, catching her breath clumsily after that.. surprise.
For once, she seemed dazed. Her face had gone a deep shade of red and she pressed the back of her hand over her mouth. Her voice was trembling when she pulled her hand away and spoke.
“Damn. I guess you are into older guys,” she breathed. “You keep going this way. I need to go check on Markus.” She muttered, blushing heavily and hurrying away back the way they came.

Never would she admit that this was her first kiss, virtual or not.

She trotted down the far right path, finding herself at a deep hole after some bat-slashing. When she looked down she saw Markus, who seemingly had fallen.
“Markus! Are you alright?”

Isak walked around a corner in the cave and saw Pervert kiss Little. Not that he'd ever expect those two to kiss but he didn't mind a little secret romance. He awkwardly slid back behind the corner with a big grin on his face. He went along and continued to murder bats to the right and left. Then he heard the scream from Jumpy and took off back to where he came from, running past Pervert. He noticed that Little wasn't around her anymore so he thought that she maybe had gone ahead to find Jumpy too. He found the place where the scream originated.
"Hey Little. How are you down there, Jumpy?" He shouted down into the hole

"OH YEAH, JUST SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS!" He said, struggling, fighting off a multi legged beast. It had a pattern of spitting and slashing, but it was like it randomized every few rotations. In a swift moment, he thought it would spit, so he dodged, but instead it stabbed right where Markus was. He fell, defeated, and tried to figure a safe way out, seeing as his heath was slowly lowering.

Myra went out of the middle route and took out a healing potion after seeing a injured person on the floor. She went up to him “here! Drink this, it will make you regain health back” she said giving the potion to him and looked at the beast who was about to attack them, she didn’t have time to react to it when it switched attacks from her head to her stomach in quick motion “oh no!”

Isak looked around for a way to get down there and help Jumpy and Pervert out. There should be another way than jumping down and hurting yourself. He saw a few rocks that stuck out that you could climb on.
"Hey, Little? Ready to go down to the big scary monster?" He said with a grin. Then he walked over to the rocks and started to climb down into the pit.
"Hey you! Big freak" he shouted at the monster to get it's attention away from Jumpy and Pervert. He even threw a rock at it so that it would get angry with him.

Valerie, still flustered from the event, looked at Sen for a split second and nodded with a grin, sliding down the rocks with ease and landing on the dusty rock. She unsheathed her weapon, slicing at the beast, blocking it from Markus, her heartbeat quickening as Myra joined. She jumped forward, swinging her sword at it and lessening its health bar considerably. This was a clumsy move, though, and the beast lunged forward, grasping her arm between jagged claws, spitting a venemous poison at her. The girl managed a mangled shout, kicking its arm away from her and stabbing at its shoulder, whereas it turned to Myra and went to attack her. Groaning, the girl shoved Myra out of the way, landing one more stab with Sen’s help as the beast vaporized into blue shards.

She caught her breath for a moment, double-checking to see that Markus and Myra were okay, slowly walking over to them and helping both up, although with Myra she was a bit more tentative to offer her hand.
“If you pull me down and kiss me again, I won’t forgive you,” she said slowly, helping the girl up.

"Wait, i thought that was a secret romance you two had going on, Little and Pervert. It wasn't?" Isak said as he climbed down the rest of the way. If it really had been a secret romance, then they wouldn't be so open about kissing each other. He offered Jumpy a healing crystal to heal up even better. Then he turned around to climb back up again. He got to the top and began to slash away at some bats coming their way. Most of them were knocked down with one hit but some of were a bit tougher so he hit them twice.

Markus was breathing hard.

"I.....I could've died." He said, his health back up to near maximum. The pace began to shake, as the floor rose up and the minerals formed on the floor. He picked them up.

"Thank you." He said, handed the minerals to Myra and heading towards the entrance to the cave. Markus quickly went to the party menu and dissolved the party.

"I'll be at the tavern." He left through the opening as the sun began to darken. He wasnt going to the tavern. he heas heading to the edge of the world.

He stood there, looking down into the nothingness. The edge of the world was beautiful. Nice and calming, like it was calling people to go into it, but most people knew, it was far from good to go.

Valerie immediately shook her head.
“No-! She just- she-“
Her voice trailed off to distant muttering, her face going bright red. God damn it, they finally knew how to get to her..

A concerned look crossed her face as her green gaze fell on Markus, who was gasping for breath. She took a step towards him, careful to not get too close.
“We wouldn’t have let that happen,” she murmured, nodding in understanding as he dismissed himself. She couldn’t blame him- she’d want alone time, too. Still, though, it sort of hurt when he dispersed the party.
So much for friends.

Markus sat up on the railing and let the fake wind blow by.

'Mom, i know you would be by my side if you were still here'

He hopped down and turned, hoping to see someone he knew, not in the game, but in real life. Hell, he would die to just see a high school fan. Or, he wouldn't. He didn't want to die.

The quietness was interupted with rustling from nearby. People walking by, talking about how they would have to work. Make a guild. Have allies. He just hoped someone would show up.

"Bye, Jumpy" Isak said. He turned back to the two girls.
"So what now, Pervert and Little? Got any plans?" He asked. He began to walk to the exit in a slow pace.
"Are you two just gonna stay there or what?" He asked as he turned back to them.

(Sorry for short post)

Myra saw the sadness in Vee’s eyes and her voice change to serious but also sweet “it’s ok, your not alone, because I’m here with you”, she looked at the tall guy who talked “want to see something cool?” When she said that she turned to Vee’s face, giggling, and kissed her in front of Isak.

Vee shrugged, anxiously massaging her hands.
“I-I don’t know, but- I’m sort of worried about Mar mmph-!”
She was cut off by Myra kissing her again.

She pushed her off, blushing darkly and taking a step back. Her expression was stunned and panicked.
“C-could you please stop doing that.. that was- that was my first-“ she stuttered, hating herself for letting this happen, for letting them see how flustered she got. She bit her tongue to stop herself from finishing that sentence.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
A lone figure was walking into the cave very quietly and slowly before noticing the presence of three other figures. Deciding to take the advantage of the darkness and the distraction of the kiss he swiftly and silently headed towards one of the players from behind and clicked on a button that only appeared to him and made no sound. A message appeared before him saying:

You have successfully stolen 150 Cor from Player Vee.

He knew a warning would appear to the player about the thievery but due to the figure's skill in Stealing it would take her about 2.3 seconds. The figure used those few seconds to make a brief escape from the cave. He'd then just have to wait out until he could use a teleport crystal and he would've successfully ended his thievery without getting caught.

Last edited:
Dylan saw that it was starting to get dark out, so he decided to call off on the grinding session. He went back into town and rented himself a cheap apartment, it was not that bad but he still liked it, he never needed anything fancy. It was rough trying to go to sleep because the bed was uncomfortable but he thought it was not going to get any better for a while. He checked the map to make a plan for the next couple of days and thought he would go as far out as possible from the town of beginnings but not to a town, but a area for from them so he wouldn't find any players to steal his kills. He decided he would go to sleep thinking about that. Although, he was used to being alone.

Isak looked at Pervert forcing another kiss on Little.
"What, your first kiss? Good thing Pervert changed that then, Little" Isak said with a smug smile. He himself had experience kissing. But so far he had only kissed boys. But enough of that, they should focus on getting out of here now.
"Are you coming or not?" He asked one last time. If they didn't come now he would leave the cave and wait for them outside in a bush so he could scare them when they came out

Vee groaned in embarrassment, burying her face in her hands.
“It’s- It’s not weird for me to have not kissed anyone yet-!” She shouted, flustered. They finally knew her weakness and it was affection. Still horrified and panicked by the kiss, took a moment to notice that she’d been robbed, but suddenly her satchel felt a tiny bit lighter. It was only fifty Cor, so truthfully she didn’t care too much.
“Hey.. g-guys, um- there’s a thief,” she muttered quietly, her hand on her sword, cautious and wary for whoever the robber was.
“If you’re still here instead of fleeing like a coward, maybe you should show yourself.” She shouted, brow furrowing.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin headed with Casey to the dungeon. He was excited to go on his first quest with another person. While heading there, he wondered what they should talk about. "So, hey uh, if I get my blacksmith business going, you want me to upgrade that weapon of yours? Or perhaps, make a new one?" He suggested. He continued to walk along and wait for his response.

Looking at the time tick by as he sat on the grass, looking at the fake grass, and the fake stars. He quickly sat up and ran for the the boar fields.

Fighting. Lots of fighting. few breaks. Even when health was dangerously low, he would still fight. His two healing crystals had to go a long way. He leveled well, and headed into town, health quite low. he bought some chicken and sat by a fountain.

'I should apologize to them. I'd be dead without them.'