• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A Game Of Life Or Death RP

Dylan was forced into the town of beginnings and was nowhere near the people he was with. "Hey, what is going on?" The players were all starting to go to spawn and he could see one of the girls he meet in the distance. He walked over to Valerie. "Hey, what's going on?" He looked around at everyone else in a state of panic.

Casey looked over the crowd, noticing the cloaked woman he'd met earlier. He decided to go towards her, though the distance between them was quite far away. Eventually, he found her. "So, um, this announcement seems pretty ominous." He gulped. "What's up with that?"

Last edited:
Now, Vee didn’t think she’d ever be relieved to see a stranger, especially not a guy.
Yet here she was, flinching as he came up behind her, having to step back so he didn’t step on her.
“Eek-! Jesus, you scared me- I- I don’t know,” she replied, looking up at the figure with concern before looking back up to Sen. She composed herself, regaining her wit and not seeming like the scared child she seemed she had been for a moment. She was unwilling to show any emotion other than coy and sarcasm- showing weakness was.. was what? Bad..?
“Got any ideas?”

Myra was surprised to be at the town square by teleportation And was more surprised when she saw a person familiar to her come up. “No clue, this could probably be a announcement of some kind, but it’s not for sure yet” she wasn’t really sure herself about what was going on, but she knew it wasn’t good.

She looked at the male who she saved earlier just a bit next to her before glancing to him under her mask. "I don't know but we are about to find out" she said before he finally spoke. He explained that the log out button not being there was no glitch as they were trapped in the game as he also said that if you die in the game you die in real life. He finished by the only way to get out of the game is to defeat the game master who was on the 100 floor of the battle tower. "-What!? No! this can't be real!-" she said in thought as she felt herself tremble but clinched her fist to side it away. "I'm sorry but I must go solo, also you never saw me" she said coldly before leaping off disappearing out of sight. She had to survive this game and not die so battling strong monsters was the only way she would get stronger then anyone else and be at the top of the scoreboard. She was very irritated so she made a vow to distant herself from other players so she would not see the death of them. She would also tame a beast to help her along the way. "-The 100th floor tsk this will be a challenge even for me! I don't care if they call me a beta tester either I will fight to survive!-" she thought as she when to the monster fields and started to take down as many monsters as possible except the wolves which she tamed to become a very high level player.

Isak laughed at Little's reaction when he almost fell over her.
"Nope. No clue. Probably about the log out button" he said. But when he heard the announcements that the log out button had been purposely removed, his mood changed. He felt really scared. This meant that the game now was on life or death. He didn't like that one bit. Physically he kept his face straight but on the inside he was panicking. He also noticed a lot of people change appearance. They seemed to change into what they look like in real life. He himself wouldn't change much. He would just look less computerized. He looked at Little to see how she really looked. He didn't bother about covering up his face. It would get revealed at some point anyway. Besides, no one would find him based on his appearance

Casey was completely static, no movement. He kept repeating what the developer said in his head. This, this can't be! He clenched his fist, and he closed his eyes. He wanted it to end, he wanted it to just be a dream. Of course, it wasn't. Casey eventually came to terms with it, and glanced at Myra. She looked completely different. Huh, maybe she left, he thought. Though, he couldn't see his bangs anymore. The announcement ended, and Casey went to the end of the town to figure out what just happened. Running past the nervous crowd, he sat on a nearby bench. "I need to heal, anyway." He opened his inventory, and quickly noticed there was a mirror item in his inventory. Equipping the mirror shown his face, now the same as in real life. "I'm not even surprised at this point." He bites his lip. The item cracks in half, and he immediately unequipped it.

Last edited:
(Sorry for late post. No idea this came up)
Tina slouched back onto the far well as the developer issued a challenge to the crowd of people. Now she had to take it seriously. Earlier, she spent a little while messing around and bought a whip, but still. This person challenged them to finish the game without dieing. She didn't notice what else was said until she looked at her arm. It looked like what she did in real life. Now, not that it was much different, but the long cut she got from her cat yesterday was still there. In a video game.

As soon as the challenge was sent, Tina was gone. She raced through the fields, her silver whip making loud Cracks through the air as it sliced monsters sending them to dust. Her xp rose quickly, until she reached level 5. That is the point known as tutorial's end, where it became harder to progress. Tina didn't care. She still had half the day, and according to the leaderboard, she was ranked within the top 10 of all players, for the time being. Thinking that rank one was the dev, Tina began to slow down, both running and her attacks.

Last edited:
For the first time in a while, Markus wanted to cry. Everything he had ever done, everything he had worked for was just shattered to him. Dizzyness, depression, fear, all over took him, and he blacked out.

He wasn't unconscious during the blackout, he came to his senses in the middle of a mob field. He turned just as a low-level boar ran at him and knocked him to his feet. He stumbled up, and dodged another charge, this time, reaching for his sword. He then felt it, the ability come up from him. His sword shined a bright green, and on the third charged, although shakey, he drove it through the running boar. He drove it home. That was only low level though. He looked through his inventory to see what he managed to keep. Two heath crystals and one teleportation crystal. No quests were active, and the only other three things he had were a map and a broken mirror that revealed his face.

He walked around and just tried to fill his map with interesting areas. A small bat mob-cave that may have been part of a quest was in the lower right part of the map, but he was too scared, something he never thought would cross his mind. He needed help. He marked the place and teleported back to the Town of Beginnings. He needed to calm his mind and find people just like him, and get a group going into the cave. Luckily, a small tavern was crowded so that was his first stop.

As the mirror went into effect, he slowly started to change into himself, and not his cooler looking version. He looked at everyone else and started to panic. "Oh no! No, no, no, no! I thought this would be different!" He shoved back the crowd of people and started to run away from everyone else. He stopped in an ally to regain himself and check his gear. He sat their as he tried to comprehend what happened.

Vee’s breath hitched in her throat, fear clamming up her hands. As someone always laid back and relaxed, the panicked vibe did not suit her. Her eyes were wide and she seemed to be blinking quickly, to keep unseen tears at bay. Her hands started shaking as she turned to Sen with bleary eyes.
Now, Vee didn’t change too much- she just got a bit shorter and her hair grew in length and faded slightly in colour. Her eyes remained unchanged, proving that she wasn’t, in fact, a sixty year old man. She found herself unable to speak past the lump in her throat, so she shoved past the crowd (with even more difficulty this time), blindly finding herself in a somewhat crowded tavern, regaining her breath and calming herself down.
“This cannot be happening..”

As Little was the only one that Isak had gotten along with good in this game, he followed her to that tavern. He managed to stay calm in this situation because he focused on helping others first. Little was one of them he wanted to help. She was actually the first one who came to mind as she was the only he had gotten along with so far. So he went after her first. He found Little inside of a crowded tavern and shoved his way over to her.
"Hey, Little? Come. I don't think a crowded place is the best place to calm down. And here's a bright side; neither one of us is a sixty year old man" he said with a friendly smile, trying to cheer her up.

As he was thinking about everything going on, he saw people walking into a nearby tavern in that ally. He tried to just think to himself but doing that only made him think of worse things. "Will I make it out of this alive? How many more will die? Am I next? Will I be alone?" All of his thoughts were pouring out of his head but none of them were helping. He didn't know where to go or what to do.

She was going brutal with the monsters she was fighting as she had already at an appropriate level but she was not done yet. She was irritated but she knew how to remain calm. She huffed "-Dang...gamemaster..we are just kids why play the game this way!-" she thought before slicing down another boar. She needed to do this alone before she could get to the game tower to reach floor 100. She sighed but thought about the players she had warned them about the log out button. "-I should wait until I'm at the top of the leaderboards as right now I'm at the 8th position-" she thought before disappearing once again out of sight. After a long while of calming her nerves she sat up on a tree removing her mask for the moment realizing she was in an appearance to what she really looked like in the real world. She sighed before placing her mask back on. She decided this time to sent out a notice message for every signal player about her teaming up and forming a guild with her as she will appear if they appear worthy to her and not scared out of their mind but will also help to reach the 100th floor. She will appear there once she sees any player that is worthy to get out of this game alive. She would appear just on the first floor monster just for a shot to convince her to join if she sees you worthy. After sending this notice message a lot of the players we looking for her but she was so well hidden that was just impossible. "-They are really that desperate aren't they well that won't be worthy enough for me-" she thought before disappearing again to train.-

Last edited:
Myra was Already in the Fields trying to level herself up, she was fighting monster after monster until she couldn’t fight anymore. She reached floor for floor, she got a signal but ignored it and kept training herself to keep herself occupied, she hid her level so no now would think she was strong and would leave her alone “ I don’t like tagging into groups, there blabber is such a waste.” She reached a certain level, and with her skills had a reputation as the “Blue Flash.” She decided to take the message to heart and went to where it was called, fighting monsters on the way.

Markus had a tough time traversing the tavern, people shove and push him through, but he managed to get to a more open corner, and there, he leaned up against the wall and tried to figure out why this place was crowded. Someone was yelling about logging out by sleep, but Markus paid no mind. Instead, looked over to an NPC who called him over. She talked about The Cave, and how it had minerals she wanted for jewelry making. It was a small quest, but this was his chance at getting partners. He leaned up against the wall and waited.

Vee looked up at Sen, who seemed to be trying to comfort her. She shook her head and chuckled bitterly, her fear giving way to fury, the solemn look in her eyes being devoured by icy green flame. She appreciated Sen’s attempt at cheering her up, but at the moment, she’d reached her boiling point.
“It’s so unfair!” She spat, stabbing her rapier into the wooden floor and hoisting herself up with it, a new air of resentful determination emitting from her. She plucked her sword from the floorboard and pushed her way through the crowd, eyes set on an NPC with a quest she intended on joining, only to be blocked off by two men, both of which seemed to be in their early thirties. When she asked them with a quivering voice to move, they turned around, smirks melting onto their faces simultaneously.
“Awh, sweetheart, take it down a notch, ease up~”
“I’ve got an idea. How about we take you back to our room and we can put that temper to good use~”
The first man reached forward and stroked her cheek, which obviously proved to be a mistake, because as soon as his grubby hand made contact with her skin she grabbed him by the hand and violently twisted his wrist, drawing her sword and holding it at his throat.
“Call me sweetheart again and I’ll cut that hand off.” She hissed, pale eyes flickering. The man gulped and nodded, and she released him.
Moron. Everyone knows you can’t hurt someone in a tavern, it’s a safe zone.
It seemed the situation had drawn some attention, and Vee felt the piercing gaze of many strangers on her as she made her way to the Quest-Giver, where a boy already stood, apparently unwilling to go on the quest alone. Smart. She turned to make sure Sen was still there before turning to the boy by the NPC.
“Care if we join you?”

Markus fumbled with his words a bit. "Hey! Yeah, no, I dont mind!" He took a few breaths. "Sorry, a bit jumpy after finding out im gonna die playing video games. Guess mom was right. Im Markus by the way. Markus Goose, you may or may not of heard of me, you know, top ten HS player in the country in basket-" He cut himself off.
"I can't even do the cocky character." Lowering his arm to access the menu. he sent the party invites to the new players.

"You guys arent going to kill me, are you?"

Isak followed Little to the Quest-Giver and noticed the other boy. He gave the two men who had tried to do some nasty things with Little a mean look. Then he turned back to the boy and Little.
"I got no reason to kill you. You've done nothing wrong towards me. Then again, how much can a few words from a stranger mean? Guess you'll just have to trust us as we need to trust you. And no, i haven't heard about you. I'm not a sportsfan. Alright Jumpy, what's the quest?" Isak said. He immediately knew he needed to call this guy 'Jumpy' because he was so nervous and seemed to have been easily frightened by Little. He accepted the invitation and waited for Little to do the same. Right now he wanted to keep an eye out for her as she seemed to be rather angry and that could lead to bad desicions.

Tina walked into the Tavern looking for some quests, maybe a party of some sort. Looking around the room, it seemed slightly empty. Across the room just happened to be a few people with a notice on them. It read 'Quest party, 3/?' on it showing they were still looking. Tina stepped forward, her whip hanging to her side. "Hey, you need another party member?"

Vee chuckled, shaking her head.
“Not unless you give me a reason to want to,” she joked, winking playfully. She lightly tapped accept. “Besides, the only people who’ve managed to get on my bad side are those two oafs,” she muttered hotly, gesturing to the two men, one of which was fussing over his wrist while the other was attempting to pick up even more girls. She pursed her lip and frowned in distaste, turning back to Markus and Sen.
“Can’t say I’m too familiar with basketball, but my cousin is. I’ve heard her mention your name once, I think.”
Her eyes flickered with an unidentifiable emotion. “I guess I gotta get out of here so I can tell her I met you.” She murmured, smiling weakly. That only lasted a moment, though, as she fixed her face, looking steely and determined once more. “I’m more of a fencer myself. Guess I always liked swords,” she grinned, which explained why she chose her rapier, which now lay snugly at her side. She studied the NPC’s quest.
“Looks like it’s a cave quest. Should be pretty simple. Should we get go-“
But she stopped herself when another girl approached, asking if they needed another member.

"Don't forget about 'seventy-year-old-pervert', Little. Didn't she get on your badside too?" Isak said with a grin. He noticed the other girl walking up to them and asking if they needed another member.
"To me, it makes no difference. How about you, Jumpy and Little?" He said. He wanted a nickname for this girl too but couldn't come up with one right now. For some reason he've gotten fond of calling people funny names. It was bound to get boring at some point but for now he could have some fun with it

She was done training for now as she was at a very decent level as she hid it well but she knew that battling the monsters in the tower alone was suicidal so she had no choice but to form a group or guild. She had managed to take a white wolf beast to battle along side her with armor on her face, chest, and half of legs but allow her underbelly. She found the group that she warned earlier and decided to approach them. "If I may ask are you forming a group or guild right now?" She asked placed her hand on her mask as her wolf beast she named Snow sat down beside her.-

"So, i scouted the cave a bit, weak bats, but in this Beta-Guide that was in the shop, they can drop good Cor and due to weakness, easy to farm. There is a miniboss though. One I can't find any info on." He stopped as more people apporached.

"Safe to say this should be easy."

“Minibosses are pretty easy, honestly three people and the job is done.” Vee chimed in, shrugging. She looked to Tina, and then to the girl with the wolf, sending invites.
“We should probably be on our way,” she suggested, leading the way through the door, allowing Markus to take the lead, as he knew where the cave was.
(Eek short post)

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin, being a bit later in line, finally got home. It was somewhere near one o’clock, but he booted up the game. He didn’t put the headset one just yet, as he had a bit of stuff to do. His parents weren’t at home, but he was being responsible. He did the dishes, cleaned up the house, and made sure everything was slick and span. Only then did he put on the headset... he awakened into the world of SAO. “Welcome to SAO: The Town Of Beginnings.” A voice over said. He looked in his inventory, oblivious to the log out button being gone. He notice the small bit of starting Col that he had, so he went to the small shops that existed inside the town. Before long, he had spent most of his Col, buying the essentials: A one handed sword, two throwing knives, a healing crystal, and a teleportation crystal. He then went out to grind, which is what most other people began doing. After getting to level 10, he stopped, and looked at what skills he could learn. Some of the training had went toward agility, while some went to leveling up his sword skills, but most went towards blacksmithing. Justin had always been interested in making weapons. He was then suddenly teleported back to the Town of Beginnings. He noticed a bunch of people freaking out, but who wouldn’t after what was just announced. No one was able to leave unless they beat the game. Justin, while staying collected, was internally freaking out. “The hell? Who’s insane idea was this? There are adults, but you’ve trapped 10,000 people, INCLUDING KIDS, into a game!” Justin thought. He then shook it off. “C’mon Justin, stay calm. He wants you to play a game? Let’s win this game.” Justin told himself. He went back to the shops, this time buying some materials, as well as some more throwing knives. He was about to head out, when he noticed a guild forming. “Hmm...” he said, and smiled. He continued heading out to grind.

"Lead the way, Jumpy" Isak said. He looked to Little.
"Yeah but the two of us haven't really had very much experience, Little. We've basically just goofed off with each other" he said. He noticed the wolf and was immediately fascinated by it. He loved animals more than anything.
"A wolf! Hello wolfie! How are you?" He said as he kneeled down to the wolfs height. He turned to the girl with the mask.
"Is this your wolf? What's it's name? Is it a guy or a girl?" He asked the girl.

(Sorry for the bad post. I didn't know how else to do things)

"Markus Goose and the Geese?" He joked to himself. "We shouldn't have much daylight after we get out of the cave, so we should go." He noticed more and more names popping up under his screen. He marked highlighted the place on the map and began to struggle through the crowd.

Casey used a healing crystal to recover all of his health, and went over to the marketplace to spend the Cor he earned. He bought a beta map which many were selling, though for a high price. Spending all of his Cor, he looked at the map. There was an early side-quest that provides enough experience to be worthwhile. And more importantly; it can be done solo. Casey was level 4 at this point, and decided to upgrade his agility. His hammer was powerful enough for the time being. He ran off to the side-quest, which was a camp of boars.

As Casey approached the camp, he had a vibration in his body. Opening the menu, there was a new quest to infiltrate the boar camp. Accepting it, he went in position and prepared for the battle. A boar noticed Casey, and alerted the other boars. A level 2 boar charged at him, which he immediately swiped the boar to the side. "Hm, I must of gotten faster." He smirked, which the other boars attacked him. The damage was minimal, as he threw his hammer down, hurting the group. As he attacked, a level 3 boar charged from behind. Thrown down, the others hurt Casey. As he got up, his health was low. He opened the menu and selected another health crystal.

Casey defeated the other boars, causing the leader to battle. The alpha boar was level 5, and could cause a lot of trouble for him. The boar attacked him, though Casey dodged and counter-attacked. Though, the alpha boar had too much health. It was the most powerful enemy in the quest, after all. Continuously attacking didn't help, the boar could charge at any time and it would deal a quarter of his health. After retreating, Casey checked his level. He was level 5, so he could upgrade one more time. He upgraded his proficiency with a hammer, so that he could deal more damage. Though, the boar attacked him before he could close the menu.

Casey used his last healing crystal, and went back into action. The upgrade didn't change anything, the boar still had half of his health left. Though, he had full health, so things could change. After attacking enough, the boar was finally defeated. He barely had enough health, and had to resort to dodging to slowly restore health at one point. Opening the quest menu, Casey received the rewards from the quest. He had now received a large amount of EXP, and had enough Cor to purchase many other items.

As Casey headed back, he saw a player grinding in the grass fields. Wanting to have company, he walked towards the player. "Hey."

Last edited:
She looked to the boy who and bent down to Snow's level as she gently placed her hand on her head seeing her gently licking his face. "Yes, this wolf is mine that I tamed, her name is Dove and is a girl. She will help me along with the battles to come to escape this game" she said before following the others as Dove followed after.

Dylan finally got up and headed out to buy 2 healing crystals. As he left town he reviewed his plan. "Alright, on my way to the next town, I aim to only use 1 healing crystal but if I have to return or get into some sort of trouble then I can use the other one." He walked out into the grassy plains and looked in the direction of the town to the west of the 1st floor. He pulled up the menu map. "If I can make it to at least the 2nd town west, but if it gets more crowded I might just head to the next town or to a hidden area." He closes the map and equips both his sword and shield and starts to walk to the town.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin had finished up a decently leveled alpha boar with a throwing knife as the other player walked over to him. He picked up the knife, getting enough EXP to level up to 5. He sheathed the knife, and smiled at the other player. “Hi! What brings you here? Grinding as well I presume? Nevermind that. My names J-“ he stopped, knowing he shouldn’t use his real name unless he trusted this person. “Lerryt6754. Pleased to meet you. Excuse me for a second!” He added. He quickly leveled up his agility again. He then turned back towards the player. “Sorry, I talk to much sometimes.” Justin said. He held out his hand to greet the player.

Last edited:
Vee studied the girl with companion for a moment. Something about her made her feel.. cautious. It made the hair on the back of her neck rise. They passed the field on the way to the cave, where Vee caught sight of a Boar that was attempting to creep up on them. The hand that was still on her sword tightened in delight.
“Oh-ho, hello,” she grinned to herself, unsheathing her sword with a pleasing sound similar to sharpening a knife. The Boar charged, and Vee arched away from it in a dodge, delight glittering in her eyes, her passion for the game showing through. She slashed at the Boar, once, twice, thrice, before it vaporized into bluish shards.
where Vee saw four people- the girl who called her disgusting, and two other people who were vaguely familiar, as well as a stranger.
Huh. Maybe they could..
“You guys need some leveling up?” She shouted at them, cupping her hand around her mouth to accentuate her volume.

Markus stood cautiously. he was only level 2, all his time was spent scouting. He never really had to work for anything until the injury...

"Hey guys, I think I need a bit of leveling before hand." He stuttered every other word, but readied his sword.

Isak caught up with Little and saw her shouting to another group of people.
"Isn't that seventy-year-old-pervert? So she wasn't seventy after all. But i'm still calling her pervert" he said with a grin. Unless the girl apologized to Little, he would keep calling her that.
"So what were you up to?" He asked Little while turning to another boar that seemed a bit angry. He unsheathed his sword and made quick work of it. It had been a very weak one. That's why it was so easy to defeat. But he gained experience from it so he didn't mind.

She looked to the girl. "I trained way too much today so I'm alright but what we should worry about is the tall tower up there that will lead us to the 100th floor in order to compete this game because in the real world I have someone to take care of" she said before looking at the tower as her arm rested on her Katana her sword.

“I think it is,” Vee grinned, twiddling her sword around between her fingers, the blade in the ground. Another Boar walked from the field, and Vee glanced at Sen with a little smile. “Oh, y’know, just.. having a good time,” she commented, her voice laced with playfulness as she took a swing at the Boar, slicing at it as reddish lines formed on its greyish body, before it shattered again.
She continued this for a little while, earning her experience and getting herself up at least to Level 2 (leveling up early was easier, but it was much, much harder to keep leveling up past 30 or so). She grinned quietly, catching her breath. Vee’s eyes proved that the eyes truly were the window to the soul, and so much expression showed in them- when she was happy, which was usually, they were the soft green of moss, the dewdrops on morning grass- but oh, when she was crossed- a rare occurrence, those men in the tavern witnessed it- then, they were the green of military uniforms, marching slowly and dangerously, her glare through her lashes sharper than knives.
Right now, they glittered with playfulness, and she sheathed her sword with a little grin, exhaling a quick little breath.
“Well. There’s that,” she breathed.

Last edited:
Tina walked around an area she found that seemed to be a boar magnet. Maybe spawn rates were broken at this area or something, but compared to other areas the monsters seemed to spawn a decent bit faster. To add onto that, she found a quest to clear out boars. 50 boars actually.

Tina flicked her whip left and right, slicing through boar after boar. Her level raised up as she did so, not bothering to stop to change her skills. Across the way were two other players, but Tina kept her distance.

Isak also kept up his boar-killstreak. He gained a lot of experience this way. He levelled up to level 11 this way but didn't really make it to level 12 as they ran out of boars but he didn't mind. Although he was gonna hide that from Little as she probably would make fun of him otherwise. Although, he wasn't gonna lie if she asked. That wasn't something that he would do.
"Yup. There's that" he said. He caught a quick glimpse of her eyes. They were light green like grass in the morning. That was a color he liked very much. Who didn't? Grass in the morning was one of the most beautiful things in the world. In his opinion that is.

"Oh, it's fine. I tend to talk a lot as well." Casey laughed, "My name is Casey." It was only a nickname, so he didn't really mind. He opened his menu, and upgraded a mixture of Agility and his way with a Hammer. Furthermore, he sent a friend request to the one known as Lerryt6754. "You seem nice. Here's a friend request, if you want to accept it or not." He looks back at Justin. "I thought that we could take on the later side-quests with two people."