• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

StellarWind's Sketches

I love that Exploud and Lapras there. Truly, how a bunny turns into whatever Exploud really is is beyond me. This Achrosaurid take though is rather endearing. I imagine the holes all over its back are somehow connected to its respiratory system.

Yay! It's the Loch Ness Monster... err... Lapras! I want one. Straight horns look more like a Dragonair, so I'd keep the ram/curly horns. Now that I look at it again (mostly in the underwater one), it looks like a sea turtle and I'm imagining a Pokemon Disc-World... A giant Lapras with four Donphans on its shell carrying a flat Pokeball... *Goes to nerd off in a corner*

Whoa lapras looks really cool :D the horn makes it look like a unicorn! But there is no body. You make good Pokemon drawings. You make them almost realistic.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hurdadurdalur.

Thank y'all for the comments, again. ^^ Always appreciated.

Chao: Texturizing, in spite of what you think, isn't exactly my... thing. as far as scales are involved, I prefer to make them very subtle and shade their edges and the points they overlap (the bottom scale shaded a bit darker at that area). Either way I wish you good luck.

RX: Great to hear comments from you again. I don't see Whismur as a bunny (moar like as an abomination of nature. Maybe someday I'll draw that retarded whiny bitch and its 80s-platformer-midlevel-boss of an evolution my style just to see what I'll do with them. XD). Exploud's air vents are indeed linked to its respiratory system according to its 'dex entry and they can both serve as extra air intakes (handy when using a powerful sonic bellow and keeping it going for a long time via air vent breathing) as well as expel air through them in a powerful array of whistle-type sounds. The thing is essentially a walking pipe-organ with a very developed larynx. Ironically, the 'dex entries also identify it as a quiet, calm creature unless it is in battle - which is another reason I like the species so much in comparison to its bitchy noisy pre-evos. xD

How that works anatomy wise is beyond me, but if I'll figure something out I'll be sure to post it.

Rayn: A PokeMon Discworld is a scary though. I mean, The Unseen University as the Palace of the Elite Four. >>; I don't even want to think of what Rincewind would be like as a trainer.

Also, Death with a skeletal Scyther? >>;;

Anyhow... This picture is also not quite thread material, but I figured I might as well post it here anyway as I'm ridiculously proud of this little Shipainter experiment.

Gardenia_Painterized.png

... I love Gardenia to pieces. The end.

[size=8pt]C:
You know your humans are improving really quick-like?
They are.
This Gardenia picture is great, and even though I'm personally not a fan of shipainter (I'm more of an OC person myself) and I love how you styled her hair.
It looks a lot less gravity-defying than it is on the anime, but whose hair doesn't do that? At any rate, I love how you depicted her in this. She looks very serene :3[/size]

So Frelling awesome Stel. Why I haven't commented earlier I don't know.

Lapras looks so much better from how you've drawn it. I love how you did Exploud as well Stel.

Swicked job.

*Should check dA for anything else he's missed.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Alrighty. Lately most of what I've been doing is random doodles of Gardenia (Not obsessed at all), but as they aren't quite material for this thread... yeah.

Instead I chose to pick on something vaguely Gardenia related - one of the most pointless gimmicky PokéMon that ever were: Cherrim. Even I can't figure out how the eff is that thing supposed to switch from Form A to Form B. It also has no stats (Okay, that's a bit inaccurate, but the distribution still leaves much room for improvement), and seeing as Gardenia needs more awesome PokéMon (Platinum's rechallenges don't really help much, giving her a Bellossom and a Jumpluff... seriously, Game Freak. WHY?!) So... eh...

Screw it. I designed an evolution.

CherrimEvolutionConcept.jpg

This thing is yet nameless, and it evolves from Cherrim via level-up after it learns a certain move (which as of now does not exist ingame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I was reminded of Botanica from BA as well Stel...Seriously, that looks looks freaky yet awesome. (Yes, it does have resemblence to something from Star Wars...) I like the little petal things ^^

And omg, Victreebel's face is hilarious.

Victreebel's face = priceless...Well, expression. Not much of a "face" per se.

...ANYWAYS, the Cherrim evo is amazing. I like that Petal Dance pose. :3

...And Bulbasaur is adorable.

Yay. I've never really liked Cherrim and the fact that the only way to make it somewhat more of a fighter is to have it so fire types are even stronger... But this one is cool. It does give me a Star Wars impression, George Lucas could easily shove that in a movie somehow.
Gardenia glomp is way cute, I now want a Victreebel squeak toy...​

I would like to extend my gratitude for LoN_Colossus for helping me balance the thing's stats. XD
You can just call me LoN, I think most people can work out who that is from... that...

* LoN is shot for badly wordeding his words. :(

Woo for Victreebel! S/he/it looks really...... *Tries to work out how I can define its expression.*

Shocked. Yeah. That works :p And it matches Gardenia's expression too - "Zomg surprise hugz!" :D

Victreebel and Gardenia = too cute ^^

Never knew anything could make a Victreebel this cute but Stel has done it. ^^ I love the picture

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
daww, Victreebel and Gardenia are, like, uber cute! The expression on both of their faces are awesome!

Also, Cherrim evolution is uber awesome as well. And cute wittle Bulba in the corner. :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Again, people, thank you for all the replies. I always appreciate comments. ^^

Mm. Alright. Most of you people just joining us probably aren't aware of Mari - and Indeed I've been unable to draw her for quite a while. I'll just fill you in: She's an Electabuzz, a very significant personal character of mine, and more awesome than this entire forum put together. No exceptions.

... And as I really needed to vent some of my screwed up internal wtfs into paper, here she is in a few action poses. I don't think anyone would want to be on the other side of THAT thunderpunch.

ActionPosesDontMixWithMe.jpg

Mari_Chargin.jpg

*Stares in amazement*

Mari looks extremely fierce. The expression in the second picture is amazing.

I am so glad I'm not at the end of the ThunderPunch. This is an amazing Electabuzz, Stel.

Moar like a Thunder Uppercut... *Is scared of Mari now* And that huge power-lightning-ball-of-doom-and-destruction... She's pwn. Times like a googol. I wish Electabuzzes (that is now the plural form ^.^;) looked like that, I'd probably use one then. Yay!

Yes. I am glad i am nt on the other side of that Thunder Punch. I'd probably explode if I was.

Now you have sparked a respect in me for Electabuzz. I usually hate the thing because they're fugly. But this looks...fierce and awesome. And little electric ball thingee ftw.

I know Mari, Stel! :D From one of your teams... somewhere... Can't remember where, but you had a fancy drawing of the lot somewhere.

Anyway.

What's the other move?

[size=8pt]-is listening to Thunderstruck-
C:

Mari looks as lovely as ever, if not a little intimidating. Or a lot intimidating, either or.
I love the pose on the Thunderpunch- that second one, is it Discharge?
I love what you did with her mane on that one :3
These looks great, as always. And I really love Mari, so you get moar brownie points.
Yes. Much win.[/size]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks again. ^^

Mari isn't really all that murderous (unless if she's exposed to Electivires, in which case she lets her inner demons fly. >>;) - most of the times she's rather calm, if a bit sarcastic. I think she just turned out so murderous here because I was really venting. I love her to pieces. >>;

The attack she's charging in the other picture... I'm not sure. I think it's some kind of a Psychic/Thunderbolt combination. Lawl, psionic storm.

Gliscor_Stelstyle.jpg

So here's a fucked up scorpion-gargoyle thing. Because I can. I love Gliscors.

Nice one Stel =D

2 posts with pictures in one day ^^

Nice. A Gliscor that isn't eclipse based (oval based) The original sprite in the games make him look too cartoonish. >>

At first I was wondering why you added a tail to scizor because of the pose :p That is a great gliscor pic, I love the tail details and the claw shape. Great work ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... for some reason, my first reaction when I saw that picture was almost literally lol. It's probably because of the face or expression or whatever on the Glisor. ^^;

But there's soo much detail on there, Stel. The wings look all veiny and stuffs, which is, like, sooo awesome.

Also, pictures of Mari are always awesome. They're, like, sooo awesome. :D

For a second there, I thought it was Scizor... but then I remembered that Scizors don't have tails. Gliscor is really cartoony according to official stuffs, but yours look rather amazing. Lols, it's gonna eat someone's face.

For a second there, I thought it was Scizor... but then I remembered that Scizors don't have tails.
I had the same thoughts :p

Waaah! Scary looking! The pose and expression would be what I imagine Stel to be like when someone comes in this thread and does something.... stupidly noobish.

Great detail, I'd love to see the cartoons revamped with your style, damn that'd be PG13 or more :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mari looks awesome Stel! Those to poses are just fantastic, they seem to express her power. I especially love the second one, that orb of light she's charging and the composition of the picture just... works beautifully.

And Gliscor is beyond amazing. His anatomy is perfect and I love those wings. Great drawings Stel, as usual XD

Bat out the depths the forbidden zone. So epic win. Stel you are amazing. Gliscor is win. Whatmore can I say. I have a soft spot for Bats from hell.

Swicked, just swicked Stel.

Oooh, that bat/scorpion demon spawn from hell leaves me in awe and terror at the same time. For once, Stel actually scared me with his drawings. That face looks scarrrrry.

*has a new respect for Gliscors now*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
As it turns out I got the wings dead wrong. New information (EG, back views >>) seems to suggest that Gliscor's wings fan out from under a cover on its back, similar to Aang's flying-stick in Avatar. Which means that the thing probably can't fly, just glide. And that my art is dead wrong.

I officially fail. >>;

So here's something about a year old, because I couldn't get any new art done today...

May_I_Have_This_Dance__by_StellarWi.jpg

Yes, Mari and Gad Sylvanhart. Yes, I figured I might as well show you a side of hers that isn't MURDER. >>;

It's beautiful. You and Mari look so serene...and are you dancing? How nice.

I like your style. I'm not sure what illustrator you remind me of though.

Pssh, who cares? It's a freakin' awesome scorp-o-goyle anyways.
And with that face, I would attempt to give Mari a cookie. Or what ever Electabuzzes eat. Maybe if I just saw that face...​

Who cares? You still pwn the hell out of the other pokemon artists that do art for teh games...

Awwww, Mari looks so adorable!

Oh Stel... what will we ever do with you? Lightning vine dealy looks cool. They need to make a Electric/Grass type. Srsly. I like her hair and head band thing. Go go Mari, you can do anything you want and look pwn. *Facedesk* (I'm tired.)​