• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sky dragons

"I have an unbelievable amount of theories about this world, but most of them involve my Core. But seriously, what do you think would happen if I exposed my Core to your heart fully? Like, actually allowed it to make contact with it? To be fully honest, when I brought it out earlier, I was scared to death that you would attempt to poke it. Because, well, it'd look like a little glowing thing. Anyway, I'm getting a bit off topic. I'm happy to try and boost my own powers with yours, because whatever concequences it might have can't be worse than having this little power."

"Well, both of us dying is about as worse as it will get, but if we're discovered we're dead anyways." Rio bluntly replied. "As for full exposure to my heart, can't say. Maybe the magic will bind with you, give you a physical form with your original powers, but then we'll really be stuck together, probably sharing one heart and that has its problems already." She shrugged, "Or it might fully expose me to all of Aurrea's magic, which might make me fully dragon. If not, this world would react to the sudden regain of magic, then we'd really be screwed, because they would be able to find us no matter where we go."

"Or there is a possibility it could alter it. My Core is unbelievably fragile and, well, I suppose you could call it versitile. It may allow me to use the magic in this world and convert it to energy. And, well, I could probably defend you a little better if I had more power. All it really is is (gah, that's horrible, but I can't make it right) using your power to amplify mine. It definitely won't affect you, since all you're doing is donating some. I'm the only perso- thing in danger."

"OK, well you technically are a thing, you're sentient and living enough to call yourself a person if you feel like it, Sky." Rio frowned slightly. "But I guess you're right, I'm only donating, so I'm only at risk if the power backlashes at me..." She turned to look at him... generally, she had no idea where he was. "So, is this a thing where I can just start giving power to you or is this were you expose your core or something and we really need to tread carefully?"

"Eh, technically, but physically as well. I literally follow two of the seven rules that define a living creature, but I'm sentient. I'm not completely sure what that makes me, but hey. And, well... I've already let that thing get exposed enough times, that being one, but I think I may have to. All my power is in there, so sending a sort of flow into it should work. I should be able to do the rest."

Rio nods, beginning to gather some of the power from her heart into a physical orb. They were bright, pure flames, held right in front of her heart only because her hands where there to act as an opposing magnetic force, so the magic hovered in place. She lifted her eyes to where Sky was most like located. "You need to follow up too you know." She smirked lightly.

Sky, who was behind Rio, grunted, focused on bringing his Core out, then said "You're facing the wrong way, Sparks." The little blue orb was floating in the centre of his gaseous body, which was right behind her head

Rio sharply turned her body all the way around, her nose almost touching the blue orb. "You little fucker..." She muttered, staring him down. She then concentrated, after breathing deeply to clear her frustration, before allowing her magic to flow slowly towards Sky. She wanted to make sure she could keep the stream steady, after all, and if she went slow that meant she could withdraw her magic quickly if anything happened.

Sky felt the steady stream of draconic magic flow into his Core, and stopped moving. All of his energy was focused on taking that magic, and looping it around his own power. His... Magic? (I'm not completely sure if there's a word for it) slowly grew, with the excess dragon magic being sucked in after it had done its job. To anybody watching very closely, they could see tiny wisps of red (I forgot what colour your magic is) flame flying around the interior

(Well say its red)

Rio grunts, concentrating on maintaining her end of the flow. It was like a long, fluid beam, but of course the entire thing would collapse if she dropped her end, and there was no telling if Sky would let go in time or not to avoid getting hurt. "How're you doing, Sky? I'm not sure how long to keep this stream going..."

She nodded, already sticking out her tongue and biting her lip in concentration. A little bit of sweat made her head shiny, but her hands didn't shake, at least not yet. She kept the red flames going, but she didn't increase the speed of the flow, if anything, she didn't actually feel herself loosing energy, the world's magic that was floating null and unclaimed switched to match hers, and flowed into her heart to resupply what she had given away.

Sky suddenly screamed, but only momentarily, his Core flashing red for a few seconds. Regaining control, he caught the wisps of magic that had escaped his Core in that small period, and send them to join the rest in the blue orb.

Rio, hearing the quick scream, cut off the flow of magic. Whatever Sky had lost or was in the middle of collecting she saw get absorbed his core, even watching it flash from blue to red. "Dude, that didn't sound right. You ok?" her ears flicked, drooping from the weight of her piercings.

"Y-yeah..." Sky murmured, letting his Core sink back into his form and disappear. "I just let a bit of it come into contact with my own *insert name of whatever the hell that stuff is*."

"Sky, I know you said you'd use my magic to amplify yours, but you know better than letting it fuse with your magic." She snorts, squinting at where he disappeared. "Its like mixing chemicals without knowing their full properties, you are likely to get a very undesirable reaction. It's why those cartoons always make those things explode."

"You think I meant it to happen? Rio, I've lived for just over ten thousand years. I know better than to let that happen."

"Well, we both agreed to be careful, so I felt I need to let you know what you did because clearly you weren't careful enough." She growled gently. "You hurt yourself, and quite honestly, you screaming is very unsettling."

"Well... I suppose that was kinda true. But I'm all right. Honestly. But on the bright side, I have as much power as I did before! Yay!"

That's good to hear, Rio thought to herself. She sighed to herself again, before getting up. "I suppose I should probably go look for food or hunt something. Can't leave on an empty stomach and this is the first time I'll be able to actually have three meals a day for a few days, if I work hard enough for it and find something."

"I eat normal things a human would eat... this bar usually lets me have a free steak every once in a while. This world is like earth, it has animals that are like sheep and rabbits, so I can hunt those because they're small enough." She answer, treading carefully across the grass. "If I was an actual dragon... there's a bunch of real big animals they eat, not a lot of other's can eat them because they are pretty much weak to dragons alone."

Rio nodded, her voice lowering. "That'd be a big help. I've never gone hunting before... but being half dragon and phoenix I can only imagine my instincts would probably kick in sometime... I wonder what that'll be like." She snickered to herself, but already her attitude was changing. Her eyes flicked around, scanning everything with care. Her ears flicked to every rustle of leaves, and her tail was starting to swish in excitement.

Rio snapped her head over quickly, eyeing the leaves, batting at a few that came close but otherwise paid them no mind. Yet, the breeze caught her attention, and she quickly scrambled up and into the tree to gaze at the ground below. Her senses were on overdrive, muscles tensed and every step she took involved gingerly placing her hand or foot down to minimize sound.

Rio flicked her ear to Sky as an answer, her eyes busy scanning the ground. Her nose twitched, a bush rustled, and suddenly she was off like a shot. She switched to all fours, dashing and weaving as if she had always lived in the forest. Eventually, she reached a rather large tree with a massive tangle of roots, whatever she had chased lose her here. The wind was still, but the overpowering smell of sap messed with her. Rising back up onto her feet, she prowled around the tree, growling gently in anticipation.

Sky followed behind her, having never seen a dragon hunting before. Quietly, he flew down to the rabbit that was hiding under one of the roots, and waited

Suddenly, Rio leapt into the air, slamming her feet into the roots, causing them to split and groan from the pressure. She danced back, before slashing at them with her hands and tearing a few larger roots to the side. The rabbit like creature was startled and scrambled to get away from her, climbing through a small space further away. It struggled, the space nearly too small for it, but by the time it squeezed out it had been more than enough to let Rio catch it. Because she was vaguely aware that she had no snout filled with sharp teeth, she instead firmly held the animal in her hands, twisting sharply, and the rabbit creature went limp.

Removing the oxygen from it's body to make sure it really was dead, Sky flew up next to her. "Well, I think you did pretty well, for your first time. Let's head back, unless you want to explore the forest a bit more?"

Rio snapped out of her hunting mood, blinking. "I think we should head back," she hummed, "I kinda lost my way a bit, don't want to get even more lost." Her wings ignited and she lifted herself up enough to skim the tops of the trees until she saw the top of the waterfall. She dove back into the forest, and resumed walking calmly the rest of the way.

Sky flew next to her, easier keeping up, and landed inside the cave. "Hey Aurrea. You awake? Rio should be here in a sec."

The fire had died down a little in the time Rio and Sky had been gone. Upon being called for, Aurrea groaned slightly, shifting. The shift cause the pile of wood she was resting on to topple, fully awaking the dragon with a yelp. Rio entered just in time to bust her ribs laughing at the sight. "Since when did you go hunting?" the small dragon yawned in confusion, staring up at Rio with an unreadable emotion.

Aurrea looked at the creature in Rio's claws, currently being skinned by her. "Those things are usually pretty hard to get because of how quick they are. Nice job kiddo." she yawned again, curling up against Rio's hip. Rio grunts in acknowledgement, using one of the sticks to stick the rabbit thing over the fire.

"I'm gonna go have a look around the area, see if there's any other way out apart from that portal we came through. See ya in about half an hour." Sky flew out of the room, although nobody could tell, and into the sky. He dived down, heading towards the town, and leveled out as he entered the portal-smith's house. Sky assumed it was busy repairing the rift they came through, so he decided to have a look around, simply to give him an idea of how the houses and homes here worked

Aurrea watched the rabbit cook as Rio dozed off gently, the donation of energy catching up to her. She was allowed to doze for a few minutes, until she was poked by Aurrea and she pulled the hot meat off the fire. She waited around for a little, until she could get her jaws on the food without burning herself, and rapidly finished the creature. She just remembered that it had been three or four days since she had actually eaten again, it showed too.

About ten minutes after, Sky left the house, having found nothing of interest. As he was heading back in a different direction, he felt jaws suddenly close on part of his body. Shooting upwards instinctively, he changed his trajectory and flew away from the mystery creature. After he thought he had lost it, Sky shot back to the cave, where he landed and asked calmly, "Would any of you happen to know if there is a flying creature that lives on this world that can sense magic?"

Aurrea looked up, "There are some like that, but the only ones around here that can would be titan dragons. But none of them even live close enough, there aren't any dragons nearby!" She growled in concern, "The only titan dragon nearby that would have any reason to be this far out would be my father, if he's still alive, but..."