• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sky dragons

"Huh... Strange. I was just on my way back here, when something, and it must have been flying, tried to bite me in half. I mean, it went straight through me of course, I didn't even have a choice, but it must have sensed me somehow. So, any ideas? Also, what's a Titan dragon? Just a variant of dragon that lives here?"

"An extremely rare, magically influenced variant, but yes. Did you happen to feel any magic similar to miss I'm one fourth titan dragon here?" Aurrea snorts pointing to Rio. Said part dragon huffed and glared, "Oh so I don't have a name, do I?" But Aurrea ignored her.

"Well, I think so. Whatever magic it was radiating, it definitely felt similar to Sparks'. I assumed it was just because they might have both been dragons, but it definitely could be a Titan. And you're one fourth Titan? So is that where you got the wings from, or do you have part of a Pyrophoenix?"

"The Phoenix half are my golden feathers and natural affinity with fire, which is why I was able to reach elemental status so easy. The rest of what I was is Titan dragon, just a lot more feathers that clearly showed I wasn't part air." Aurrea answered. "The summoning fire wings is essentially the same as Rio coating herself in fire, a phoenix trait I worked into my pool of fire skills. But what I'm more worried about is how this similar energy could very well mean my father is in town." the little dragon had begun pacing in worry. "This is bad... so very very bad."

"But, what's wrong with your father? Actually, I'm guessing nothing good, because I don't want a cliched response. Am I right?"

"It's not that I'm on horrible terms, its just that he like a lot of others believed the entire incident that got be banished, believing me to be the criminal here. I know he loves me dearly, and probably still does, but if he sees me or Rio we stand no chance of escape." Aurrea answered, groaning. "And we can't just up and tell him the truth behind Viiper and everything that's happened in the 50 years I've spent with her and the 5,000+ years she's been banished. Viiper was sent to keep her on Earth, and saying that he was killed because he was truly the evil one at work here won't work."

"Ah... Well, we could always try and sneak past. That might work if we flew high enough. I could neutralise the air pressure for you, but I'm guessing he can go pretty high, but not as high as me. Actually, how about I check if it really is him. It's not like he, or anybody, can hurt me at the moment."

"Just try not to let him follow you, if he can latch onto your magic to track it you'll have to break it by putting as much distance between him and you as possible without heading in a direction where he can guess you've gone." Aurrea answered. "You'll probably know him if its him, he's got a big orange diamond as his heart rather than Rio's topaz one, and he looks like a big, classic, battle scarred red dragon from those fairytales earth has."

"Haha, those fairy tales. Imagine me, or at least my species, in then. That'd be hilarious. Anyway, even if he does manage to latch onto me, I could just disable his wings, then make a getaway. But, just in case, I might just hide for a while if I can't get away fast enough, so don't be surprised if i don't get back for a few days. Is there anything else I need to know, apart from what you told me?"

"I doubt his magic will affect you, he hasn't even studied air as an element since I last saw him." She sighed, leaning against Rio again, "You probably won't have to worry about my mother, she's too vain to chase things like spirits."

"Got it. Anyway, I'll see you soon." Sky flew out of the cave, and back into the air. Trying to recall the memories from earlier, he flew to the location he guessed he was before and looked around. Suddenly picking up a large object around the edge of town, Sky dove down towards the ground, and whatever it was. Once he reached where the supposed dragon was, he spotted it instantly. A massive red beast, not unlike Aurrea in coloration, with a diamond set into his chest." Well, I think I found the right dragon, Sky thought, flying in for a closer look

The Titan was lumbering his way back out of town. The massive sigh built up in his chest rumbled out, long and deep, even after countless years this place brought him painful memories. Adding to that stress, the phoenix with whom he had mated with was in the process of going through another rebirth, and that was always too much for him to watch, a slow and painful death only to be reborn a child, waiting for her to grow up again. He cast another glance at the town, and he could almost see the procession that led his daughter, stripped of feathers and in shackles, towards the portal that would banish her for the rest of her incredibly long life.

What caused Aurrea to decide to begin stealing magic from not just the world, but other creatures as well? Going as far as to attempt stealing the heart of another Titan? She was already an elemental, wasn't that power enough for her. The great dragon who was her father did not know. But, something had his attention. It was that energy again, the one that granted wasn't Aurrea's, but it had the sort of signature that told of this energy being near her and drawing strength from her. He snapped his great head up, looking around to nothing, but the energy was still there. He could sense it.

Hmm... So, he can still detect me. I wonder if he can hear me. Unlikely, but possible. Sky flew in front of the Titan, and spoke, "Are you looking for me?"

The great dragon swung his head around again. The voice was faint, as if it was speaking to him from a place he wasn't included it, and was instead listening through a wall. But he heard well enough, "Spirit, show yourself. Your magic is connected with that of a banished dragon. You know the consequences of interacting with criminals, do you not?" he snarled, but half heartedly. He was tired from the day, he couldn't muster up enough energy to care whether or not the spirit replied back, although he did want to capture this thing to question it more later.

"Oh, so you can hear me.I would show myself, but I'm having problems. And are you talking about Aurrea? Is this the supposed criminal? Because if it is, and you can sense my magical signature, there isn't really much point in arguing. Yes, I have been communicating with Aurrea, if that is what you want to know."

"How did you get here? Are you a spirit from this world or earth, if you are from earth, I suppose I should educate you on why you should not be communicating with someone as dangerous as Aurrea. It is understandable how you wouldn't know the dangers of being associated with anyone using the magic of the false elemental she has actually been her whole life." The dragon rumbled, he was displeased with this spirit's nonchalance already.

"What do you mean? Last time I checked she was a dragon around the size of a fox, with nearly no powers. And well, I've already used her magic myself, and I'm fine. Oh, and I come from Earth."

"The imp form did not strip her of her power, it merely cut her off from it and separated her from her heart." The dragon answered testily. "It is not her magic that is harmful, it is what she uses it for. I'm sure you have felt for yourself her power is quite nearly limitless, but she instead chooses to harness more and more, killing off our world and stealing magic from the very life source of other creatures. You are using stolen magic, tainted magic, little spirit. I would advise you to return to earth and forget you ever met her." He paused. "How did you come here, spirit, the portal can only be accessed from this world, not the other way around."

"That, you don't need to know. And sorry to break it to you, but I think you may have gone slightly crazy whilst she was gone. This place seems fine to me, and I've connected to said heart myself. I think I would have noticed if there was that much power. I definitely felt a lot, but no life forces."

The utter shock that crossed the dragon's face left him rigid and frozen in place. "You know not what you speak of, spirit." He cooly snarled, although he himself didn't sound convinced himself. "It would be wise to leave me spirit, you have already served your purpose I see. To spread malcontent and ill will, and soon you will return to Aurrea, wherever she is hiding, and without a Titan, she is free to sap all the power she wishes from those around her." He spat out hastily woven lies, but it seemed he was merely trying to convince himself of his path of truth more than anything, refusing to acknowledge that for 5,000 years he had been in the wrong.

"Mmm hmm. Yeah. Because I've been around her for about a month now (just roll with it) and I haven't been reduced to a breeze yet. And I think I'll stick around for a bit longer. If you can detect my power, you can follow it."

The Titan's heart flared to life, as he sharply turned his head to where he could sense the energy. His eyes were alight with rage, and he opened his maw to unleash a great burst of flame. He roared in that same language Aurrea sometimes spoke to Rio with, before he leapt for the energy where Sky was.

Sky stayed completely still, letting the Titan pass through him, then sent a gale at his back to keep his momentum going. At the same time, he sent a shot under the dragon's mighty wings. They then did what they were designed to do, and redirected the current under them, getting the Titan airborne

The Titan gave an indignant roar as he sailed onwards, and attempted to drag his body back to the ground and come around for another attack. However, as he was still in the air, his wings suddenly had been forced open, and launched him into the sky. He beat his mighty wings, gaining his balance and flying in circles like a hawk, but the strange wind kept him in place, he couldn't land nor fly any higher. He snarled again in his native language, clearly offended and enraged even more.

"Please, can you come down and talk like a normal dragon?" Sky asked, keeping the gust going strongly. "It's impolite, you know."

The dragon snarled, wanting to keep fighting. Although, he sagged in defeat, slowly growing closer to the ground as he realized this spirit made of air, controlling air, could overpower him any day. As his paws hit the earth heavily, he folded his massive wings in, and inhaled deeply. "What do you want with this world, spirit?"

"I don't want anything. We simply got caught in a temperamental portal, came through into here, then made a camp somewhere which I'd not like to disclose. You spotted me earlier, and I came to check who you were. And I'm sorry about what I did a second ago, but you look like you could collapse any second, and wasting energy diving through the air isn't going to help you. But understand this: Aurrea isn't the criminal you think she is. Keep that in mind."

"I'd like to believe that, years ago, I would have agreed, given that she is my only daughter, spirit." the dragon huffed tiredly. "But over these few thousand years I have found nothing but more evidence that she is who she was accused of being. I'll take your word, hesitantly. But know this, there is nothing in this world that can prove her innocent, not anymore." with that the great dragon turned, and slowly moved back down the beaten road he had been on before, heading somewhere unkown.

"Well, I suppose I'll have to accept that. It's not really like I have a choice. But anyway, I hope you can think about what I've said." Sky flew back in the direction of the cave, confident in the knowledge that he'd got the old dragon to leave them

Back within the cave, Aurrea was looking up at the ceiling in exasperation. She and Rio had been practicing reaction times by flying in enclosed spaces at top speed. She was doing very well until she crashed into a stalactite and now refused to relinquish her grip. "Girl, get down from there..." "No." the small dragon groaned, exhaling a little cloud of smoke.

Sky entered the cave, sent a small flick of wind to detach the little dragon from the stalactite, and said "Yeah... I found him."

Last edited: