• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sky dragons

"Nope. And, well, you were clinically dead for about three minutes. Then I had to give you mouth-to-mouth." Sky neglected to say that he didn't actually use his mouth, just to see what she would say

Rio's eyes never narrowed and her pupil's never thinned to near non existence so much until now. "I died and you freaking kissed me like a Disney princess." She hardly blinked, instead throwing her fist into the air in order to connect it with Sky's jaw, "I freaking hate you, Gusty."

"Sorta? Buddy, mouth to mouth contact for any reason other than CPR is called kissing. CPR is still technically kissing, which is what you freaking did, man." Her growl sounded exhausted, yet she still managed to jerk her head off to the side to avoid the punch sent her way, even if it wouldn't hurt much anyways. Honestly, this was open invitation for her to play, but she couldn't find the energy like she used to. Regardless, Aurrea was busy snickering on her stomach.

Well, I suppose I'll just leave it. "Okay then, so I kissed you. But it was either that or let you die, and no matter how annoying you are, I couldn't let that happen. And Jesus, you sound tired. I think you need a few more hours of sleep."

"Mmph, sounds good to me. Wake me up in like, never." Draco yawned, shutting her eyes quickly and slipping into the realm of not exactly sleeping, but unable to wake herself up easily. "Wow, poor girl really is tired, you gave her ample opportunity to make a sassy comment and she just brushed it over." Aurrea giggled, still fondly amused. She took Rio's semi unconscious state to full advantage, and sitting on the girls forehead. She snickered up at Sky, "The best part, is she probably is registering the fact I'm sitting on her face, but she won't be able to do anything about it. At least not for a while."

"Having your cells burnt from the inside out does that to a person. As well as dying for a minute. Anyway, I'm gonna go flying for a while. See you later." Sky flew straight out the window, then suddenly got pulled back. "Oh yeah. That thing. I suppose I'll just sleep for a bit longer." He then fell down, hovering above the floor, and went to sleep

It had been a good few hours since Rio conked out, and Aurrea had gotten bored. Floating above the hammock, she occupied herself by rocketing among to the beams as fast as she could. For a moment, she thought she wasn't an imp, but back to her old self as a dragon, able to fly wherever and whenever she wanted. Although, she quickly snapped back to reality as she found herself later outside the warehouse, it was getting close to sunset, and on top of a rusted cargo crate found the small red dragon gazing out to sea with a glassy look in her eyes. What she wouldn't give to return home... if they wouldn't kill her on sight, that is.

Sky solidified and yawned, stretching. Looking outside, he judged by the sun that it was around midday, so he decided to wake Rio up. "Hey, Rio? You awake? You've slept for around half of today."

"Do I have tooooooo." came her whine, and her tail swished in agitation. Regardless, she was feeling much better, and she crawled her way onto the sturdy metal beam above her. Sitting in a crouch with her tail hanging comfortably below her, she examined her uncovered claws, she hadn't actually been out of costume this long, ever. It definitely felt more freeing, but uncomfortable since she couldn't cover the serious mangled mauling that coated her body.

"Yep. You do. Hey, you're looking better! I mean, you can move now, which is good news. And you're starting to look more like your dragon than I remember, but that might just be because you have that suit off."

Rio looked down, noticing for the first time that her body was covered in more scales than she remembered, but maybe they were always there. She shrugged, ruffling out her back feathers for the first time in... a long ass time. Of course, at the mention of "her dragon" she looked around, noticing something very key was missing. "Hey, where'd Aurrea go?"

Rio nodded, crawling her way up to the roof. Once outside, the sun semi blinded her, reflecting off the old metal around her. Using her hands and lowering her head, she could somewhat see the environment around her, but barely. She almost missed the small red figure resting on the edge of the metal roof. Rio slid down before dangling her legs off the edge, not saying anything to Aurrea, who seemed to be aloof, watching the sun.

Sky flew upwards, following Rio, suddenly stopping as soon as he reached the roof, with his hands over his eyes. "Gah! Human retinas! I don't know why I stay like this." He cursed, but stayed solid, flying over to the dragon and Draco. "You guys look kind of distant. Something wrong?"

Rio looked at Sky and shrugged, although at times she noticed she and Aurrea could rub their emotions onto each other. She didn't nudge the small spirit next to her, but let them sit in the silence. Aurrea spoke again after a while, "There's been a shift in the energy here. It's magic from my world, but it's not coming from Rio. I think there might be a rift between worlds." She looked to Rio, "It just happened, and it was close."

Sky cursed in a currently unknown language, and looked towards the sky. "Seltrfa kilist, I really don't want to deal with another rift. The last 34 haven't been very fun, and this probably won't be better. And shouldn't we get a break? I think I've done enough. I mean, I stopped someone dying yesterday after a bunch of stressful moments. Can I at least get a week off? Actually, who says this rift is something we have to deal with. I've seen at least 5 which are just harmless centimatter portals."

Aurrea glared at Sky, "My world is full of dragons, elves, demons, and highly unstable magic. Do you want to risk this rift leaking into the world, or worse, the rift being connected to the spirit realm of my world?" Rio sighed, she heard a lot of stories over 50 years of Aurrea's homeland. It sounded nice, but there were a lot of cons, and unfortunately there were other creatures that, while not as bad as Viiper, were pretty powerful and would love to jump at the chance of crossing over to Atlantis for an easy power siege.

"I think I should pop over for a visit sometime. Anyway, the rift..." Sky was silent for about half a second, attempting to pick up the energy Aurrea was detecting, "should be around the inner suburbs. Nothing big, a level five at the most. Or it might just be me misreading it with an identical type of energy next to me. I don't know."

"I feel like you were trying to insult me subtly." Rio snorts at Sky. Aurrea rolled her eyes, "The rift might fluctuate, since it'll probably try to keep the magic in these two worlds separate, but hopefully it won't get any larger than it is now, maybe if we chuck something at it the thing'll close. Either way we should at least take a look." she hummed, floating up to resume her normal place on Rio's shoulders.

"Well, maybe the insult was so subtle that even I didn't notice it." Sky retorted, dematerializing and floating upwards. "You coming?"

Rio smirked gently, before the blackened area on her back sparked, causing her wings to ignite. She jumped into the air, flapping a few times to stabilize herself, before being spurred on by Aurrea's guidance. She didn't bother going back to grab her costume, instead she soared higher into the air, giggling to herself as she doused her wings and fell, before flipping back into the sky and falling again.

Sky shot into the air after her, riding in Draco's slipstream and copying her pattern, then flying upwards. Once he had cleared the skyscraper nearby, he solidified, and dived down, creating a visible cone of wind pointing downwards around him, accelerating Sky even more, before hitting the ground and allowing everyone and everything to fly off in different directions. He then collected his body back up, and flew next to Rio again. "Good enough for you?" He asked, a grin on his face.

"Psh, you don't get any brownie points from me, stuff like that you can do in your sleep because you are freaking made of air." She rolled her eyes gently, shuddering slightly in the air since she turned the fan of feathers on her tail the wrong way. Flapping her wings to regain control, she glided after Aurrea, who had started to dive into a large, open space in the alley behind four buildings.

"Well, duh. Anyway, it still looks cool." Sky shot past her, probably messing up her balance on her wings on the way, and landed next to Aurrea. "So, is this the place?" He asked

A tiny roar was heard from Rio as she spun in the air. Except, Aurrea didn't pay attention nor worry about her, glancing sideways at Sky, then back to the barely visible white line in the air. It shimmered and glowed, occasionally pulsing, and it looked like someone ripped the air. Aurrea's ears flicked to the distant sounds of a crash, but instead floated up to the rift, "This is it, look's like its stabilized itself... it won't fully close until someone on the other side realizes something's wrong and fixes it... I hope there's a portal smith near this one." She muttered the last sentence to herself, staring at the rift deep in thought. Behind her, Rio staggered into the back alley, looking distinctly ruffled.

Hissing, Sky backed away from the rift,I'm human form. "This thing... I have a very good reason for hating portals, and this is it. It just sort of... Burns through me, I suppose, if I'm around one for too long. And I have to stay human. If I switch to my natural form, what happens to the air around the edges of the rift happens to me. And you mentioned something about a portalsmith? You guys must get a lot of rifts."

"My world's like a hub, any dimension you can think of probably has a portal in my homeland. It's very sophisticated, and you can't enter my world unless you are taken from your dimension there, unless a rift happens. Like this, but it's rare, and only happens when the edges of the portal's frame get old or broken. Luckily, its easy to fix, and if they break completely you just get cut off from both worlds until the portal gets rebuilt." Aurrea lectured, Rio groaned. "That's interesting if you haven't heard it at least a thousand times, but just tell us how dangerous this thing is." The dragon glared at the girl, who wobbled only slightly, still getting used to coming back from the dead. "Well, judging from the look of it, the cracks fairly big, but nothing to worry about... I don't think we can use this rift, we'll just pass through it. If the portal's frame cracks any further the rift will disappear and the portal will deactivate itself."

”Huh... I think I could get through this one, but I'm not planning on trying. These appear a lot in the sky, since there's way more sky then ground, the odds of them coming up are much larger. But if this is no problem, I think we can go back. Right? I'm kinda worried about my Core."

"Ya we can get back if the portal doesn't a) break or b) we can still get back we'll just need to wait for a portal smith to fix it." Aurrea snorts, letting some of her natural attitude show through. "If anything, Rio might recover quicker if we went... but there's no saying what it'd do to you, you my friend are very unstable." "Mentally or physically" Rio muttered to herself, snickering at her own joke.

Sky frowned, slapping them both lightly across the face with a gust of wind. "Hey! I don't think that was very necessary. I am actually very stable, thank you. You do not want to know how long it took me to create this form, and stop it disintegrating ," he said, spreading his hands out.

"I am/I'm not sorry." Rio and Aurrea replied at the same time, turning to glare at each other. "Be nice Aurrea." Rio sniggered at the pouting dragon. "Whatever, let's just leave this thing be before it tries to absorb any energy or collapse in on itself." She huffed, floating over to and draping herself across Rio's shoulders. Her new tail flicked painfully against her ankles as she turned, "I am never going to get used to this thing." Rio muttered to herself.

"Yeah, please. I'll meet you back at the warehouse." Sky flew up into the air, staying in his human form until he was a reasonable distance away from the rift, then slipped back into his natural form. In a few seconds, he was back at the warehouse, swirling around the inside and waiting for the dragon duo to get back

Rio turned to follow Sky, flexing her muscles before pouncing to sprint on all fours. Except, the sensitivity in her new tail as new, and not only was she off balance, but the sharp pain as if one of her feathers had been forcefully plucked from it caused her to skid to a halt, her claws leaving deep and pale gouges in the ground. She watched the large golden feather dance in the air, not moving up or down, until rapidly it was sucked into the pulsing rift. "Uh-oh." Rio acknowledged lamely, as the rift did the expected and pulsed again, sharply tugging the half dragons towards it. Aurrea, slipping and painfully dug her teeth and claws into her tail to avoid getting sucked into the rift, startled Rio out of her concentration, causing her grip on the ground to slacken. Not that she was slowing her journey any bit, but the portal was stronger than she realized, and soon the duo were flying through the air towards the bright white tear in reality. "FUCK!" Rio screamed, igniting her wings to fly away. She only managed to boost herself, before the wings extinguished as the flames were sucked through the rift, and soon enough, Aurrea and Rio follow suite.

Sky suddenly fell down, as a massive wave of energy passed through him. The rift? But it wasn't doing that before? What could have happened? He flew back, solidifying and landing near it. Spotting a flash of red, he bent over to inspect it, and recognised it as one of Draco's feathers. Realising what must have happened, he flew straight into the tear in reality, feeling his human body get slowly ripped apart. No pain, curiousity, just the sensation of having your body disintegrating, and he landed on the other side of the rift, a simple gust of wind. He wasn't even recognisable as sentient, just another breeze.

Rio groaned, unconscious as she lay on what could only be describe as steps, leading up to a large oval shaped frame that once held a spiraling multitude of power. Now, the frame had a massive crack, an a chunk missing. Aurrea was conveniently crushed under Rio's back. The surge of power had resulted in an explosion as the portal cut itself off as soon as Sky had crossed over, and the portal smith had dashed as soon as he could from his home inside the nearby town. He was portly sort of creature, certainly aged, with skin darkened by the hours he had spent repairing portals near his home. He skipped along heavily on his bird like feet, with a long string like tail flicking behind him, tipped with feathers that should be too heavy for the thin tail. Wearing nothing but simple trousers since the upper half was covered in feathers (and having wings makes shirt wearing difficult), one could see the old creature had once been a tad bit more muscular.

Ignoring his strange appearance, because the only point here is that this bird man is strange, he knelt down to examine the passed out Rio. He chittered something that sounded awfully like a human's really well done interpretation of a bird call, before gently scooping Rio into his arms. He then began the long trek back to the village, deciding that repairing the portal could wait, completely missing (thank goodness) the sight of the little imp that had been banished long ago.

Back onto the topic of said imp, Aurrea was none the wiser that her companion was being taken farther and farther away from her, only squirming as the energy between them was stretched farther than ever before, causing mental pain to the connected beings.

Sky's form flickered slightly, his equivalent to a groan, and he attempted to fly towards the form of the two dragons. Waiting for the bird-creature, which Sky assumed was one of the natives here, to pass by, he flew over to Aurrea, then noticed that Rio was gone. Mentally frowning, he attempted to get the wind-speed up, trying to get her attention. Man, loosing that body sucks. I guess I'll just have to go back to the sk- Sky's invisible form suddenly broke apart for a second, before condensing it back together. Oh yeah... That bond thing. That may be a problem

Aurrea stirred awake as the pain finally became too much for her to remain passed out. She hunched in on herself, trying to set up a barrier of some kind in her mind to help. Looking around, she didn't see Rio or Sky anywhere. Then everything clicked into place as she eyed the broken portal, and the familiar landscape, the same landscape that had been the place of her banishment ritual years and years ago. She cursed in her native language, hobbling around disorientated, "Sky, Rio?" she weakly whimpered.

SKy flew towards her, hearing her weak cries, and attempted to get her to float, barely managing to get her a few inches off the ground. Jesus. this is annoying. You would think this dimension would do something good for me

"sky?" She muttered, really hoping her sudden levitation was caused by the air spirit. Being seen by anything other that a wild animal was not desired, she'd be imprisoned, or banished again to a different dimension, or worse if they found her. They already stripped her of her power and basically everything else she had because of some misunderstanding, did she deserve any worse? Apparently she did, because now her dear companion was missing, the enjoyable company of Sky was hopefully there, but he didn't seem to be able to communicate anymore.