• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sky dragons

"I don't know. Her dragon spirit told me to take her here, but it's something to do with her cancer, I think. Anyway, I'd better go and tell her." Sky flew downwards, back to Draco and Aurrea. "Hey, I got the guy you wanted."

Aurrea looked up with relief. She sighed deeply, "Thank gods... now we just need to hope he can work with the equipment here and that Rio will get better..." As Aurrea finished, Kimberly came stumbling into the medical wing, panting profusely. "D-don't do t-that. I-I can't k-keep up with a s-superhuman." He stood up, and leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath. He was completely unprepared for Aurrea to fly up and into his personal space, shrinking under her hard, amber gaze.

"Other superhumans can't keep up with me. I can run like the wind, quite literally, and you can't really call me a superhuman. I'm not a human. And Aurrea, are you sure she'll be all right?"

"Well, it all depends on him now, I can't do anything more for Rio than I've already done." the little dragon huffed. Kimberly shuffled awkwardly around the spirit, before even more awkwardly shuffling towards Draco, then away, then looked back at Aurrea. It took a while before he actually set into a more comfortable pace, and soon enough he was busying himself with the medical equipment inside the old lab, muttering to himself about how ancient they were and yet "how in hell are they so advanced?"

Sky was shooting up and down the room in worry, pretty much his equivilant to pacing. Trying to calm his nerves, he dissolved into air and hovered above Drac- no, Rio, waiting to see how it turned out

Kim flicked his long hair away from his eyes, concentrating on the work he had. With a very overprotective Aurrea, getting blood samples from Rio had been... difficult... and he was very sure those scrapes on his hand would scar. He was getting much farther with his research than professionals had in fifty years, but he looked the numbers over again. He groaned, he was still missing something, and that something was the difference between the treatment he had planned curing Rio, or killer her. It was almost too stressful for the poor 17 year old.

"It's not good in the way you're thinking. I'm just missing something extremely important that makes the complete difference between killing and saving my childhood hero, I'm totally not stressed out or anything." Kim breathes in some sort of twisted laugh. He leaned back in the swirly chair, popping out his back with a sigh. "You seriously need to reign in that overprotectiveness of yours, you're making me want to start pacing but I have to sit and concentrate." he slightly smirked at Sky. Did he just sass an air spirit who could blast him to oblivion? Ya, great going Kim, time to put the microscope down and get some rest.

"Heh, sorry. I'll just stay over here." Sky attached himself to the side of Draco's table, then suddenly realised something he wanted to ask. "What would this piece of info be?"

"You see, this treatment is kinda like the old chemotherapy, but also part injecting viruses that seek to attach to certain cells, but instead of making more viruses their coding will cause the cells to shut down and die. But this all requires energy activation, but it's really sensitive, and Draco already has such an unstable energy core for a heart, if I mess with it I could accidentally stop the output long enough for her to die, and since I don't know how to measure the heart's energy, I can't convert it properly." Kim explained. Honestly, he had simulated the same treatment on normal people, and almost more than 94% of the time the treatment worked. That being said, Draco was different, and if he treated her normally her chances of surviving were more like 2%. And numbers do not joke, the teen had to double take at the extremely low chance of the older teen surviving.

"So what if, say, somebody managed to tone down the amount of energy being given off? Say, they created a wall of air between the heart and the body (I swear that's a song lyric), and made it stable enough to work?"

"Well... if we managed to cut off almost all of the energy without disrupting it then the waves would harmlessly destroy the rest of the cancer cells. If I can get the virus in her before hand and give it time to find the tumors we can reduce the amount of time she'll have to go with depleted energy source, and decrease the chance of her dying on us." Kim started, "But we'd have to move quickly, either that or do it in short bursts, but her heart energy may interfere with the virus's vulnerable code." He sighed. "That may be the only chance we have..."

"Right. So in short, I need to cut off nearly all of her energy to give you time to isolate and destroy the virus. Good?"

Kim nodded. "Essentially, we'll be killing her for less than a minute before reviving her. I'll have to increase the energy output to make the process quicker but if she's dead I won't be messing with any of the internal organ functions... But we'll need to wait a few minutes for the virus to find host cells, and get her hooked up to some sort of measuring machine so we can monitor her heart energy and breathing, since that is about all we can use to tell if she's alive or not." He took a small vial, inserting it into a syringe.

"Right. Three. Two. One." Sky instantly started to pull air from the room into a barrier, essentially turning the room into a vacuum and pulling in more air from outside, which in turn was added to the shield. He could feel the energy from her starting to ebb, slowly disappearing, before being able to feel only a slight warm glow. Sky then solidified suddenly, falling to the ground. Apparently blocking that much energy will send it to me. Well, I suppose I do have part of me in there. I just hope I can hold up long enough

The monitor measure Rio's breathing went flat, echoing a solid, agonizing beep throughout the room. Aurrea watched the little line, and Kim grit his teeth, reading something on a screen. Why did it feel like the virus was moving too slow? He was ready to turn on an overhead lamp, specifically one for the energy output that would kill the cancerous cells present in Rio's liver and lungs, but he couldn't do anything until the virus- started dying inside her bloodstream? "Shit!" Kim yelped.

"What? What happened?" Sky's body was flickering slightly, red energy arcing through his core. "I don't think I can keep this shield up for long."

Quickly injecting more of the virus to make up for the loss, Kim looked to Sky, "Just try to keep it up, I'm sure we're almost done." Shit he thought, but his screen lit up, at least, other than the viruses that had died, the rest had managed to attach themselves to a host, and simply needed energy to start up, but if he activated it too early the viruses not ready could damage healthy cells with their free floating code. "Fuck." He whispered, turning the lamp on, dousing the area with bright, white light.

Right. Now, I just need to pray. To... God? Yeah, he totally exists. I suppose to my ancestors. Hell, I'm just going to hope. Sky was now lying crumpled on the floor, his torso now fully wreathed in red energy

Kim didn't bother looking at the screen, or monitor, or even Sky for that matter. Having already done the calculation in his head, he knew exactly how long he needed to keep the light on- which was until now! Quickly he shut it off, "Sky! Freaking release the barrier before we completely lose her!" he yelled, scrambling to get a breather around Rio's mouth to help kickstart the only thing other than the heart that kept her alive.

Instantly, Sky broke the barrier, sending the energy he was holding flying back into the gem again. "Don't worry, I can do mouth-to-mouth better than any human." Sky quickly sent a small gust of air into her mouth, before pulling it back again, pretty much imitating a humans breath

Kim continued to mutter profanities under his breath, the increase in energy killed off the rest of the viruses, and yet there were no longer any traces of the cancerous cells inside Rio. And yet, despite the breathe measures being normal, thanks to Sky, Aurrea looked upon Rio's still form. She landed on her bare arm, which still felt stiff and cold, even if the energy in her heart was pulsing, her body just wasn't absorbing any of it. "no..." the tiny dragon whispered, her voice almost too faint to hear.

"No... No... No... This didn't happen." Sky acted without thinking, focusing on the bond his own genes had formed with her heart. He flew over to her, and touched a hand to her 'Heart', and his other to her real heart. I don't care how much dragon energy I conduct, it should still work. I mean, I have a connection with her heart, so actually touching it should allow me to hold more, and then I can send it into her body. I suppose you can just call me a router.

Almost as if a bolt of electricity shot into Rio, her skin flared with heat, causing Aurrea to yelp and leap back from the sudden change in temperature. The dragon themed heroine gasped and coughed as she was revived, eyes fluttering open briefly before she rolled over, continuing to hack her lungs out. Aurrea roared something in an unknown language, rocketing forward to nuzzle Rio's cheek. The poor girl, however, trying to ignore her heaving lungs, was confused as ever. "w-what...?"

Sky took a second to release the energy that was left over, before enveloping Rio in a hug. "Hey, Sparks. Welcome back."

"I feel like I was dragged to the underworld by that giant squid I fought years ago." she coughed. "Seriously... what the hell happened. Also, why's the kiddo here?" Her green gaze flickered over to Kim, who had been in the middle of celebrating, as he suddenly stopped and was reduced to a pile of stuttering, blushing, fangirling teenager.

"Why cancer? I feel like I'm missing something really big here." Rio blinked slowly, looking to Aurrea for clarification. The dragon did almost the equivalent of a face palm, "You were so out of it I'm not surprised you didn't make the connection. But you should also have very easily made the connection at the same time. I'm torn between being exasperated with you or pity you." She groaned, floating up to and flicking Rio's forehead with her tail.

"Never mind. The cancer's gone, and everyone's happy! So, Sparks. Can you fly? Or do you need a bit more time to rest." Sky had a smirk on his face, already knowing what her answer would be.

"I can very well-" she began, pushing away from Sky and making way to sit up. Until she 'turned a little green around the gills' so to speak, and her head spun. "sleep until the next century." she fell over with a thump, scrunching her eyes closed. "I feel like I'm gonna be sick but there isn't anything to hack up." she muttered to herself, promptly passing out. Aurrea turned to glare at Kim, who threw his hands up, "Completely normal, she just had a bunch of energy put into her, dragged back out, then forced back in after being dead for a few minutes, what did you think was going to happen?"

"Gah. Well, I suppose I could take her back to the warehouse. Kim, thank you so much for helping to save this annoying bundle of scales. I hope you can make that cure just a bit more public. Oh, and I hope you can find your way from here. Bye!" Sky formed a stretcher beneath Rio, with Aurrea on the side, and flew out of the room, disintegrating back into his natural form on the way.

Aurrea cackled as the trio swiftly exited the building, leaving a starstruck Kim behind. He almost waved, until it seemed his senses were slapped back into him. "Wait. Hold up." He looked around the vacant room, stepping into the hallway, and then gazed around some more. "How the hell am I supposed to get back out!?" he yelled to no one.

Hearing him, Sky's voice echoed through the air, "Use the door," at around the same time a freak gust of wind blew the door straight out. Back at the warehouse, Sky landed, laid Draco down in her hammock, then lay down on the floor, a vague cloud of wind

Aurrea gave Rio one more cautious glance over, before floating down to the ground to rest beside the cloud that was Sky. "She'll be out of it for a while, from the looks of it. And I know Rio like the back of my hand, so I'm probably right." She swished her tail back and forth across the ground, folding her paws under her chest like a cat. "You know, looking back on it, I told her a lot of things I shouldn't have told her when she first started out as Draco. It got really bad and I eventually started telling her she was better off dead that staying Draco because of the horrible job she was doing..." She groaned to herself.
"I was just worried, I didn't want her to die so I told her she better die. It's really stupid when you think about it. At one point I actually believed myself, which is even more scary than actually loosing her."

"It happens to quite a lot of people in a situation like this. You try so hard to protect someone you love, that you end up trying to do more damage then you stop. Anyway, I really need a rest, so I'll see you in the morning, I suppose."

Aurrea nodded, before returning to Rio's side, curling up on the girl's stomach, still covered in bandages beneath the costume. She sighed to herself, "Get better, idiot." she yawned, popping her jaw, but eventually settling into a light sleep.

Sky flew upwards groggily, trying to assert himself. Sunlight was streaming through the windows, and it was precisely 19 degrees °C outside the warehouse. "Hey, Rio? You awake?" Sky whispered

Rio grumbled to, shivering gently. "Why is it below 70 degrees.... too cold." her eyes were half lidded from exhaustion, and she looked at the pale light from the morning sun. "Urg. Too early too." She slapped an arm to cover her eyes, ignoring the tired chuckling coming from the dragon on her stomach.

"I feel like I died. So yes, I'm doing just fine. In fact, I feel like I lost twenty five years of life." She lazily threw her arm back off her eyes to glare up the air spirit. "I swear if I actually died I'm going to be pissed. Because I was cured of a cancer I didn't know I had without me knowing about it. Is there anything else I'm not being told?"