• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sky dragons

Sky, focusing, managed to get a small gust of wind to slap her across the face. He then suddenly dropped her, hoping that would answer her question

Aurrea groaned as she was dropped to the ground. "Yea, it's you. By the way it's good to see you survived too." She huffed, the tiniest amount of sparkling smoke coming from her nostrils.

Meanwhile, after arriving at town, the old creature had scurried into his home, depositing Rio onto his small couch and wrapping her in a blanket. He frowned at the sheer abundance of scars coating her skin, but skipped into the kitchen to make tea for her when she awoke. Rio, in the meantime, was deep in the land of unconsciousness to feel the mental pain to the degree Aurrea had felt it, but she felt at unease.

Sky sent a gust of wind under her wings, directed at such an angle that it would push the little dragon in the direction the bird-man took Rio

Aurrea fluttered gently, pushed along by the gust Sky made. The tug of energy connecting her to Rio pulsed gently, the pain lessened almost too slightly for her to notice, but she knew. "She went that way... towards the village... ugh..." She moaned. "Sky, you're going to have to help me find her and slip through this place unseen, if anyone has a slight suspicion I'm back then this place'll be swarming with the elites before you can so much as pray to whatever gods you have." She then floated in the general direction of the village, needing no more ushering to know where to go.

Sky suddenly shot forwards, blowing straight under the Imp's wings and heading for the village. Before long, he had mingled with the localized droughts through the streets, and flew into the house Draco was being kept. He sent a small breeze at her face, noticing she was asleep, attempting to wake her up

Aurrea blinked as she felt Sky shoot past her, she rode the gust as far as she could before she had to dive into a back alley and behind bags of flour. Rio scrunched up her face from the cold breeze that hit her. She grumbled, low and deep in her throat, it seemed some of her dragon-y traits were returning since she was separated from Aurrea. That also included, as she opened her eyes slowly, her fully green and slit dragon eyes. Just the the bird man hobbled back into the room, causing Rio to startle and sit up sharply.

Sky flew around her, gently brushing her back. He didn't particularly care whether the bird-man could see him- actually, it would probably be better if he could, but Sky couldn't really think of a reason it could see his Core. He attempted to send another gust of wind at Draco's back, hoping it could get Senpei Draco to notice him

Rio chose to ignore the air blowing around her, even though there was a high chance of it being Sky, she was more concerned with this bird man in front of her. "I found you passed out in front of one of the portals. Here, this tea should help the aftereffects of dimensional travel." He laid a small steaming cup in front of her, and her ears flicked. While she could only hear those bird like chips she could still understand, it must be because of Aurrea. She nodded mutely, because the only language from this world she knew was the one exclusive to Titan Dragons, and that would be a red light. If she knew any other language she could explain she was originally from this world easier, but she was in the middle of a very deep hole... one that she needed Aurrea to safely climb out of.

Sky frowned (mentally), and flew back over to where Aurrea was hiding. Having an idea, he attempted to blow over one of the flour sacks, and finally got one of then to topple, spreading the white powder on the ground. Making sure the imp was still hidden, he then began to, very slowly, trace letters in it, using a gentle breeze to make sure they weren't broken

Aurrea coughed and spluttered, now covered in the white flour, coating her red scales and golden feathers. "What the everliving hell Sky?!" she coughed, looking at the flour covered ground. Yet, she thankfully noticed that the air spirit was busy writing in the flour. "Ooooh, I see..." she muttered, hovering above the flour to get a better look at the letters.

After about ten minutes, Sky had written, in very neat cursive 'Rio's in house with bird man, can't get her to notice me.' Then hovered above kt, waiting for the imp's reply

"Try and distract bird man then, she's probably feeling very anxious, and she tends to have a one thought and stick to it kind of mind. If you can keep him occupied long enough I can speak with her and maybe get her to slip out unseen." She reason, looking up and expecting to see the telltale shimmer that was Sky, but there was nothing. She felt his energy of course, but he had gone completely invisible to even her magically trained eyes.

Sky blew the writing away as a way of confirming, then flew back into the house. Attempting to find a way to distract bird-man, he entered the kitchen and saw several pieces of silverware lying on the table. Attempting to get the strongest shot of air possible, he launched it at the knives and forks, which clattered to the ground. Well, that should do it. Now, I dearly hope that Aurrea can get her in time

Both Rio and Bird Man looked up at the fallen utensils. The aged creature walked over to deal with the strange occurrence, while a flower covered Aurrea slipped into the living room of the house. "Rio, its me. Listen, we have to get out of here before someone makes the lucky guess and connects us together." she muttered under her breath. "Sky's here too, I'm guessing." Rio replied back, equally quiet. A small huff from the dragon was all she needed, swaying gently, Rio dashed across the floor and leapt smoothly out the window, digging her claws into the stones on the wall to haul herself to the roof. When Bird Man straightened he looked in confusing at the abandoned tea and blanket, and the strange white powdery trail that led to the window.

Sky quickly disintegrated the trail of white stuff before he could get a better look, then flew up to them, sending a light Zephyr along Rio's face to show his precence

"Ya, hi Sky. Is there a reason Gusty can't talk" Rio inquired grumpily. "I think it had something to do with the energy of the collapsing portal." Aurrea shot back, and Rio grumbled. "So the portal broke, and we're stuck in a world that is even more dangerous because you have a freaking kill on sight bounty on your head." "That wasn't my fault." Aurrea muttered back, pouting.

Sky collected the flour lying on the ground outside, and levitated it up, before lying it on the roof and writing, very slowly "The portal broke apart my human form. This is my pure form, but this world doesn't do anything good for my powers. They should be as normal, if not stronger." That took him about ten minutes to write, and he waited above it, patiently, for her to read it and reply

"But the problem is, you can't talk, and you can't take a physical form." Rio concluded. "We aren't going anywhere until that portal is fixed, and I can't be seen. If nothing's changed since I've been gone, there should be a cave behind a waterfall in the forest behind us. We can hide there until the portal is finished again. We'll have to improvise everything else until then, and hopefully when we return Sky will be normal again." Aurrea added.

Rio nodded, and began following Aurrea into the forest. They ended up crossing paths with a stream, which they followed up current until there was a decently sized waterfall in front of them. Crawling behind the water, and trying not to slip on wet stone, Rio eventually entered the damp, yet hidden cave. It was very deep, and the further in had a very high ceiling. Other than near the entrance, it was actually a nice temperature and very dry.

Sky flew after her, and into the cave, admiring the location. Almost like it's own microclimate, he thought to himself. He suddenly realised something he could do, or at least try. Despite knowing this was the safest place possible, he still checked around, before gathering his, or more specifically, removing it. A small blue ball flickered into existence, glowing lightly and hovering in the air, right in the centre of the air spirit. Since this was the only thing visible, it would look to anyone else like it was really floating in the air, which in a way it was

Rio was admiring the cave when she felt something different behind her. Turning swiftly, Aurrea was busy nosing around further in, she noticed the blue ball hovering around. "Sky?" She crooned in confusion, her ears and head tilting to the side. Was this the core he kept talking about or something else? Well, she could see where he was now, but it was not the same as him having a physical form able to speak to her.

Gritting his teeth (mentally), Sky managed to get the small blue ball to stabilise, then floated closer to Rio. Waiting a second, he then felt the familiar feeling of his genetic makeup reacting to being so close to her heart, and attempted to connect with that feeling. Once it had died down into a sort of pulse, Sky attempted to speak. "Hey. Did this work?"

Rio flailed her arms like a windmill, before fall over and simply sprawling on the ground. "You can speak again!" she gasped. The little glowing ball still remained close to her heart, but now they were mentally connected again. Which worked she guessed, since it let him speak.

Letting out a sigh, Sky let the blue ball disappear back into him, and replied, "Yeah. I'm glad it worked. And I should be able to speak to Aurrea as well, since you two operate on the same frequency."

"That's good to hear." Rio agreed. Aurrea then floated back over, "We'll be fine here, doesn't look like anyone's been using it recently. We should probably get a fire started, to keep your body temperature level, it also gets pretty chilly around here at night." Rio nodded, already trotting to leave and find some dry wood, and make a good fire starter to so she'd waste less energy try to breath fire of the wood and hope it'd start burning.

"Hey, are you sure it's safe to go out around here? I'm pretty sure they'd notice that you're a humanoid varient, and that'd be a bit of a problem. Actually, what am I saying? I can protect you!" Sky shouted confidentially, grinning to himself as he flew in front of her, knowing she would be able to feel him moving in front of her.

"I'm less likely, that old bird man's a portal smith, he knew i came from the other world that Aurrea was banished too, and he didn't connect anything. I'll be fine and if worse comes I'll lean against a tree and hide everything but my eyes or something. We're in a forest gathering wood we shouldn't run into anyone." She retorted, gathering twigs and holding decent sized branches under her arms.

"Fair enough." Sky grunted, levitating a few branches beneath him. "You know, it's a shame. I kinda liked that old body. Now I'm stuck with this form for the next half a thousand years or so.",

"It takes that long for you to make a new one? Geeze, I really get why you don't like portals." Rio whistled, before wincing in sympathy. "Man, I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, I mean now you really are stuck with me, and we're the only ones who you can talk with now too, oh man that's gotta suck big time..." she shuts up, knowing she probably should stay quiet to avoid making things worse. Looking at their combined haul, she coughed. "I think we have enough to last the night," She nodded to herself, before turning and walking back, her tail flicking away the odd feeling of missing a feather, but the feeling stayed.

"No, it's not your fault. It's just something that I have to deal with, and it was bound to happen eventually. But you can understand why I don't really like those things. And yeah, let's head back." Sky began to head towards the cave, the wood floating in the air underneath him

Rio grunted in reply as they walked back, slipping easily across the wet rock and into the dry cave. Her bare feet and claws clacked against the ground, echoing somewhat in the empty space. Making a small teepee and lighting the tinder, the fire eventually was burning, bright and warm with Rio poking it with a bare claw. Fireproof scales really did come in handy. Aurrea was busy lounging on the wood, before conversing with Rio, apparently teaching her the basics of speaking the most common language present in this town should they have the need to go back.

Sky yawned, and settled down in front of the fire. "I don't know about you guys, but interdimensional travel really takes the energy out of me. I'll see you in the morning."

Rio shrugged, flopping herself down onto her back and fell asleep shortly afterwords. Within a few minutes she was lightly snoring as well. As the night dragged on, Aurrea continued to watch the fire, she would sleep during the day anyways, since no one would see her in the cave, and knowing Rio she'd start getting protective of the cave soon. With that, she continued to stay on guard, tending the fire and watching the entrance.

"Now you are..." Aurrea answered tiredly with a yawn, waiting until one of the two awoke, and she slipped into a sleep coma almost in seconds. She started snoring much louder and quicker than Rio, and the fire currently sat as a pile of cold ashes.

"Gah, you've got to be kidding me. Oh well." Sky attempted to relight the fire, sending light gusts of wind into it. After around twenty minutes, it caught fire, and began smoking, and the air spirit hovered beside it, deep in thought

Rio coughed herself awake from inhaling a little of the ash. She sat up, rubbing her eyes with a completely red, scale covered hand. When her vision focused, she noticed the increased amount of scales, and sighed gently. "Being here is accelerating the rate Aurrea's magic affects me... I really was hoping I was through with all of this... guess not."

"Urgh... We'd better get out of here quickly, both because I kinda want my full powers, and because I don't want you to turn into a pure dragon/die."

"Well, we're going to have to wait a few days, I doubt that fixing a broken portal is a quick or easy thing to do, especially for an old man." Rio huffed, spreading her legs out and noticing her feet were in the same state as her hands, completely covered. "Although, something about this place makes me feel, stable, I guess. Like, the excess amount of magic isn't killing me and can change me freely without complications now." She shrugged, "Although, it still is not preferable, turning into a dragon. Then they'd really recognize me."

Last edited:
"Well, I suppose this world is able to keep you stable, since it is where this weird energy originated. I wish I could say the same about me, but this dimension doesn't do anything good. Normally, I'd have about double the strength without that body, but I'm stuck with even less power than I started with."

"Ya that's gotta suck." Rio agreed, almost sounding uncaring. "I wonder if, because of our connecting, we could somehow use my power to amplify yours?" She looked lost in thought, the fire dancing off her eyes, "Of course, that's pretty dangerous and I'm still feeling out of it from the treatment... having your body killed, killing more of my body, killing the thing killing me while I'm dead already and then coming back to life." She chuckled, "That was a long process, and there was a lot of killing for just a small little thing too."