• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
Name: Cariss "Fya" Amierdal
Preferred Element: Fire/Flying
Description: A wandering warrior with a strange attunement to fire, a.k.a Pyromaniac, her constant aimless roaming has rendered her basically immune to nature's weather and a strong sense of direction as well nearly memorizing majority of the land layout, along with the ability swiftly travel different types of terrain, while also negating any effects that reduce accuracy and movement.
Appearance: Reported to have been wearing a tattered brown cloak reaching down to her knees, her shorter also brown hair down to her hips in a curled style hiding one of her cold, lifeless, gray eyes, strangely enough her pupils are also gray, and along with her irises they both sharpen and fade into a deep black when she feels any sort of emotion. What she wears under the cloak varies, from a white loose top and a pair of brown shorts to wearing nothing at all, she mainly wears a white sundress while being bare footed, the only constants in her outfit is her fingerless right glove and her brown cloak as well as a sheath for her curved dagger on her hip
Weapon: A worn, yet surprisingly sharp and durable dagger with a curved bump going inwards into the blade for catching bigger swords and snapping them.
Special Ability: internal debate going on, maybe this'll change idk
Nomad's Sense: Increases movement and evasiveness greatly, also allowing full movement capabilities in all types of terrain
Partner Pokemon: Gelis, a Fletchinder that carries around a brown pouch full of bottles of crude oil and cloth

Warlord: Consider it unlucky if she even stumbles upon your kingdom

Lemme know if I missed anything, also planning to make one more

Name: Cariss "Fya" Amierdal
Preferred Element: Fire/Flying
Description: A wandering warrior with a strange attunement to fire, a.k.a Pyromaniac, her constant aimless roaming has rendered her basically immune to nature's weather and a strong sense of direction as well nearly memorizing majority of the land layout, along with the ability swiftly travel different types of terrain, while also negating any effects that reduce accuracy and movement.
Appearance: Reported to have been wearing a tattered brown cloak reaching down to her knees, her shorter also brown hair down to her hips in a curled style hiding one of her cold, lifeless, gray eyes, strangely enough her pupils are also gray, and along with her irises they both sharpen and fade into a deep black when she feels any sort of emotion. What she wears under the cloak varies, from a white loose top and a pair of brown shorts to wearing nothing at all, she mainly wears a white sundress while being bare footed, the only constants in her outfit is her fingerless right glove and her brown cloak as well as a sheath for her curved dagger on her hip
Weapon: A worn, yet surprisingly sharp and durable dagger with a curved bump going inwards into the blade for catching bigger swords and snapping them.
Special Ability: internal debate going on, maybe this'll change idk
Nomad's Sense: Increases movement and evasiveness greatly, also allowing full movement capabilities in all types of terrain
Partner Pokemon: Gelis, a Fletchinder that carries around a brown pouch full of bottles of crude oil and cloth

Warlord: Consider it unlucky if she even stumbles upon your kingdom

Lemme know if I missed anything, also planning to make one more
Interesting choice in ability, but doesn't look like you missed anything. Accepted.

What she wears under the cloak varies, from a white loose top and a pair of brown shorts to wearing nothing at all,

This seems very questionable...

In any case, I've added the list of suggested region names so far, so votes are in order. I'll likely throw up the map of the region later today. The only bios we're waiting for is @Nicepeach

@Grand Master Koop or @Mechanist Gamma, would you be able to make contact with her?

So sorry for not being here, here's a bio I suppose!

Name: Marianna Ferenica
Preferred Element: Water/Ice
Description: Known to be a popular songstress across the kingdom's, Marianna gives off a cool and collected vibe, but she also hides a deep and icy temper. She prefers to be agile and swift within her movements, but is mostly on the defence side unless you provoke her...which you pray you don't.

Weapon: She carries two small daggers with her at all times. Will fix this later.

Special ability: Her singing voice is able to calm down others around her when she uses it..buy can also severely damage their ear drums.

Partner pokemon: Icicle, A vanillish.

Warlord: Idk
Give me tips on how to fix this please!

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Description: Known to be a popular songstress across the kingdom's, Marianna gives off a cool and collected vibe, but she also hides a deep and icy temper. She prefers to be agile and swift within her movements, but is mostly on the defence side unless you provoke her...which you pray you don't.

Weapon: She carries two small daggers with her at all times. Will fix this later.

Special ability: Her singing voice is able to calm down others around her when she uses it..buy can also severely damage their ear drums.

My immediate suggestion for a warlord (should the character get accepted) would be Kyuu’s warlord, Spring Summer Autumn Winter. I’m not sure If Kyuu is willing to take retainers yet, but that’s the only kingdom with advantages to ice types.

I was expecting a Warlord from you, but this works just as well. Accepted.

Past 12...but it's technically still today...

Unnamed_Conquest_region.jpg

created through Inkarnate.

Anything more than the generic icons for Nation locations will require more input from the Rpers in question, but this is how the basic map of the region is shaping up so far.

I can add in more geographical features and the like as I get more input on the nations and what's around them.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Anything more than the generic icons for Nation locations will require more input from the Rpers in question, but this is how the basic map of the region is shaping up so far.

I can add in more geographical features and the like as I get more input on the nations and what's around them.
Well Moryurei is positioned underneath a cliff where the sun barely shines. I think it's safe to say that this would either occur in a valley in between the mountains, or a canyon. I believe one other person said their nation was in a canyon, so it's not too terrible to assume there would be some kind of canyon on the map, of course I'm not positive they said that. I have no particular preference north or south, it will not change the geography of Moryurei either way. I hope that helps a little bit.

Well Moryurei is positioned underneath a cliff where the sun barely shines. I think it's safe to say that this would either occur in a valley in between the mountains, or a canyon. I believe one other person said their nation was in a canyon, so it's not too terrible to assume there would be some kind of canyon on the map, of course I'm not positive they said that. I have no particular preference north or south, it will not change the geography of Moryurei either way. I hope that helps a little bit.
Ikarnate doesn't actually have a built-in function for valleys so I've improvised a bit and instead nested you between some mountains. So far, this is a very mountainous region. I decided to simply extend the mountain range so it cut the region in half.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan

Hm, well, I think the Oleda Kingdom would probably be down in the south-eastern corner of the map~

Here's my other character

Name: Kriede Dauerehandl I'Vistle
Preferred Element: Water/Steel
Description: For years on end Kriede's family swore an oath to chose one member of the family each generation to serve the Warlord of Raithean faithfully, her generation is no different. Being the youngest of 4 children no one had expected her even be as talented as her siblings. But she quickly proved them wrong... And I mean quickly, She was 8 years old when she received her partner, a ducklett and in the span of a year she had already beaten the firstborn daughter, Pirro, along with her 2 brothers. Naturally she became even better as time passed, everyone she challenged had no chance. Then came the day Wyosyna was coronated as Warlord, her family had naturally chosen Kriede, but in the past few years her ego had spiralled out of control, she refused, numerous times until she challenged the newly crowned warlord to a duel... Where she was swiftly defeated. She couldnt believe it! She didnt want to believe it, but her Swanna had fainted, she was beaten so fast, so efficiently. Wyosyna Aestas Haust L'Hiver, she etched that name into her very soul and just as her ancestors did, a new oath was sworn and now she serves Wyosyna with deadhard loyalty
Appearance: Slightly shorter than Wyosyna, being 5"2, her body is rather fit due to training as a child and a teen, her short orange hair that reaches just below her neck fades to a rich brown on the ends, then highlighted by a dark red on some of the ends, her eyes are a generic black unlike most of the people in Raithean, her attire in the presence of the Warlord is similar to Syna's minus the fancy ornaments and jewelry, leaving it only a decorated piece of cloth

Her armaments are also much like L'Hiver's, being an archer she prefers movement over protection, she firmly believes in the saying
"you don't need armor if you don't get hit in the first place", she wears a tight fitting leather vest with matching tight leggings and boots, she slings her quiver over her back and wears a two finger glove covering her pointer and middle finger to avoid irritation while drawing an arrow and allows her to draw it for much longer on her right hand.
Weapon: her family heirloom, a small piece of curved cherry wood with tension applied to a string on both ends, ready to fire on a moment's notice, Keirskogul the family bow had found its way into her hands
Special Ability:
Undying Loyalty: Whenever Wyosyna receives fatal damage, that damage is instead directed to Kriede, similarly whenever Persephone receives fatal damage, that damage is directed to Ainnoa, this effect only activates whenever Kriede or Ainnoa is beside Wyosyna or Persephone respectively
Partner Pokemon: Ainnoa, a Swanna that had the same ego as Kriede, emphasis on had, Ainnoa took her defeat to Persephone to heart, giving her loyalty to the Warlord just as Kriede did
Warlord: Wyosyna Aestas Haust L'Hiver

I have a few other characters in mind so once again lemme know if I need to change anything, or change Kriede's role itself

Last edited:
Annnnd we're ready (almost)!

Every Warlord can have at least 1 Retainer (Unless I missed something) so we're 99.9% ready to start!

First a few things.

@Mango137's Aztec Warrior is still up for grabs, and I'd advise @PrincessPika~chan to grab him since although he's specialized with fighting types, he's got a Hawlucha which does fairly well given her Flying theme. Also, she doesn't have a retainer yet and she's the last Warlord we need to get one.

@Mechanist Gamma did you ever decide on which Warlord Sir Laurence Astra would be serving? I noticed I still have it blank in my sheets.

@Nicepeach I notice you've got the Warlord section as an idk lol and I don't think I addressed that. Based on typing, your character would best fit with @Grand Master Koop in Chisana Nawa.

Note

The following characters:
Have 2 retainers and thus cannot accept any more until after the RP has begun.

and...that should take care of Warlord-Retainer relations.

That said:
Here's my other character

Name: Kriede Dauerehandl I'Vistle
Preferred Element: Water/Steel
Description: For years on end Kriede's family swore an oath to chose one member of the family each generation to serve the Warlord of Raithean faithfully, her generation is no different. Being the youngest of 4 children no one had expected her even be as talented as her siblings. But she quickly proved them wrong... And I mean quickly, She was 8 years old when she received her partner, a ducklett and in the span of a year she had already beaten the firstborn daughter, Pirro, along with her 2 brothers. Naturally she became even better as time passed, everyone she challenged had no chance. Then came the day Wyosyna was coronated as Warlord, her family had naturally chosen Kriede, but in the past few years her ego had spiralled out of control, she refused, numerous times until she challenged the newly crowned warlord to a duel... Where she was swiftly defeated. She couldnt believe it! She didnt want to believe it, but her Swanna had fainted, she was beaten so fast, so efficiently. Wyosyna Aestas Haust L'Hiver, she etched that name into her very soul and just as her ancestors did, a new oath was sworn and now she serves Wyosyna with deadhard loyalty
Appearance: Slightly shorter than Wyosyna, being 5"2, her body is rather fit due to training as a child and a teen, her short orange hair that reaches just below her neck fades to a rich brown on the ends, then highlighted by a dark red on some of the ends, her eyes are a generic black unlike most of the people in Raithean, her attire in the presence of the Warlord is similar to Syna's minus the fancy ornaments and jewelry, leaving it only a decorated piece of cloth

Her armaments are also much like L'Hiver's, being an archer she prefers movement over protection, she firmly believes in the saying
"you don't need armor if you don't get hit in the first place", she wears a tight fitting leather vest with matching tight leggings and boots, she slings her quiver over her back and wears a two finger glove covering her pointer and middle finger to avoid irritation while drawing an arrow and allows her to draw it for much longer on her right hand.
Weapon: her family heirloom, a small piece of curved cherry wood with tension applied to a string on both ends, ready to fire on a moment's notice, Keirskogul the family bow had found its way into her hands
Special Ability:
Undying Loyalty: Whenever Wyosyna receives fatal damage, that damage is instead directed to Kriede, similarly whenever Persephone receives fatal damage, that damage is directed to Ainnoa, this effect only activates whenever Kriede or Ainnoa is beside Wyosyna or Persephone respectively
Partner Pokemon: Ainnoa, a Swanna that had the same ego as Kriede, emphasis on had, Ainnoa took her defeat to Persephone to heart, giving her loyalty to the Warlord just as Kriede did
Warlord: Wyosyna Aestas Haust L'Hiver

I have a few other characters in mind so once again lemme know if I need to change anything or change Kriede's role itself
Accepted. Seems I've met my match in naming characters xD I love it~

You have 1 more character slot, by the way, so feel free to use it up.

Hm, well, I think the Oleda Kingdom would probably be down in the south-eastern corner of the map~
Gotcha~
I think I can see Zen’barr somewhere within the Southwest.
Okie Dokie~
Well you can never be in tomorrow so it’s always technically today.
I'm almost certain that was Kyuu's point~
Suuuuuure...let's go with that

My warlord still needs a couple of warriors.
Final Warrior coming up
Name: Haia Tohōyasei
Preferred Element: Normal || Sub: Fairy
Description: Haia is a bit on the wild side. She doesn't really take too many things that seriously. She is very nimble and has high energy all the time. She tries to give everyone high spirits by always having a smile on her face. While she doesn't take much seriously, she is still a capable warrior. She absolutely adores a good fight where she actually has to give it her all and get serious.

Haia has fair skin, brown hair that extends to her shoulders and hazel eyes. She wears light armor with purple under armor and black leggings.
Weapon: Flail
Special Ability: Invigorate
Boosts the morale of nearby allies making critical hits land more easily for the next two moves they use.
Partner Pokemon: Palmer (Aipom)
Ability: Skill Link
Egg Moves: Tail Slap, Counter
Warlord: Eve Maddox

------------------------

Also, I forgot to include an ability and egg moves for Gaius so that is now updated.

Each Warlord can start with up to 2 retainers, but since not everyone is using up all three characters slots it's a bit inevitable that some people will only have 1 retainer.

That being said, feel free to try and convince one of my current retainers to switch sides lol. I won't mind.

Pyrus is a unique situation with the Sensō region.

It's not a ruled nation, the village is actually just the home of @Merciless Medic's Mercenary. They're a 'neutral' power, so to speak.

It's, of course, a target for conquest if you so desire. Though it may produce some interesting results. Best case scenario Aether quits being a mercenary and joins you, worst case scenario you have a slippery enemy who'll join any and every force who's against you.

@Mechanist Gamma did you ever decide on which Warlord Sir Laurence Astra would be serving? I noticed I still have it blank in my sheets.
That would be Mango's Hanwon Song.

Perhaps Aegis Mountain is part of a separate continent? It would allow the Mountain Lord to be a certified threat and conqueror without stomping over our existing casts and would serve as a large, variable landmass able to serve for a war with him. Also allows for further Walhart allusions.

Perhaps Aegis Mountain is part of a separate continent? It would allow the Mountain Lord to be a certified threat and conqueror without stomping over our existing casts and would serve as a large, variable landmass able to serve for a war with him. Also allows for further Walhart allusions.
Hmm, not a bad idea. Though, the map won't allow for an entire continent. Inkarnate only gives a limited amount of space for free maps. I could fit in a few islands, but not a continent.

upload_2019-10-22_13-45-38.png

What I can do is something like this, and then say that the continent the Mountain Lord comes from extends beyond the boundaries of the map.

That sounds fine. We can make a second map for the Mountain Lord's conquered territory later, when we get other characters he's conquered in the RP.
I'll more just be using this map and then updating it whenever one Warlord Conquers another's Kingdom.

How much territory do you envision as having already conquered?

Would the Land of the Flying Fortress be above the mainland, if so some winged Islands would be steps, and there are more big Islands at where the main Island is? @kyuukestu
That would be pretty tricky to map them out. I'd rather you give me a general location so I can put in an icon for the flying castle.