• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
~some lore building around the Fiere Kingdom~
Historically, the Fiere Kingdom doesn't begin battles. However, when it is attacked, rest assured that they will fight back. They are respected by most of the other kingdoms, and few dare to attack. Though Fiere is not invincible, it is very powerful.
The current Warlord of this kingdom, Eve Maddox, upholds this tradition out of respect for the kingdom's history, but many do fear that she will eventually abandon that restraint and begin clashing with the other kingdoms. In reality, she has no intention of doing so, but she is incredibly tempted to.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Here's a question for everyone here who played conquest what Eeveelution did you go for in the game with you Eevee I personally went Vaporeon and by the way I'm only asking because I'm bored.

I had a Jolteon because I didn't know much about the game at the time so I just chose one of the stone evolutions when they presented themselves.
Same, I played it when the game first came out and I didn't know at the time that you could have umbreon or espeon or anything besides the three main stone evolutions. Fun Fact: Jolteon became my favorite Eeveelution because of this fact.

Before we get started, should we discuss preexisting relationships between kingdoms. Alliances, trade deals, or bad blood could be an interesting dynamic to introduce. I know alliances could potentially make some kingdoms overpowered at first, but I definitely think the other two would be interesting!
I've been trying to get a trade alliance with @kyuukestu because they have good produce and Moryurei doesn't really have access to good farmland since it is basically eternally dark. Anyone who has produce they are willing to trade for oil for lamps and other uses, I am willing to consider the offer.

Yea, uh about that. XD You can conquer Pyrus Village and you can get more coal resources for less money, and control the exportation of coal as a resource to other kingdoms. As of right now, the exportation of coal is evenly distributed with an even selling amount to all kingdoms and the mayor of Pyrus Village is in control of whether or not to export to a certain kingdom for any reason.

As for Aether, she doesn't care about her village all that much. The only thing that will bother her is that it won't feel like home when she comes back. If you don't hire her with enough money, she will secretly plot the end of your warlord and basically "beg" another warlord to buy her, so she has an army to go against you.
I'm not sure exactly how much I need coal, so I might not conquer Pyrus since it won't give a huge tactical advantage and it might anger other warlords that have trade deals with it. Right now based on your description, I'm kind of imagining Pyrus as a bit of a neutral zone at the moment.
You're free to create them, they won't count towards your character count since they'll act more like 'NPC's. Though you do bring up a fair point about the literacy rate of the world, which I'd overlooked.

The majority of our characters would likely be literate due to their status, but I do wonder about the wandering characters :?
Haia and Kyo are both literate, but Gaius is not so lucky lol, not for people's lack of trying to teach him, he just didn't deem it necessary

I'm not sure exactly how much I need coal, so I might not conquer Pyrus since it won't give a huge tactical advantage and it might anger other warlords that have trade deals with it. Right now based on your description, I'm kind of imagining Pyrus as a bit of a neutral zone at the moment.

Well, it is a neutral zone. XD It's like Switzerland, extremely neutral and holding the most resources with super high quality and the prices are not that bad. A pound of high-end coal costs two silver pieces (assuming we are using a copper-silver-gold-platinum currency ratio) or a pound of salt.

Hell, the mines may also have ores they can smelt into usable ingots, which they freely give just as much as coal, just at a higher price since they are usable for smithing and turning into currency.

@Mechanist Gamma Maybe Astra is still on his mission and returns part way through the rp in order to advise Hanwon during the recent beginnings of war?

As for Kumo Village... they have decent access to livestock, crops, and water, so trading for food isn’t a necessity. Their money is from their control of the market in luxury goods. The mountain is full of precious gemstones that they sell, and they have a few skilled people in the village that are capable of creating timepieces. Though they have metallic materials in bulk, they don’t have the means to manufacture on a large scale, only having a few blacksmiths that specialize in high-end armor. Kumo will need to have had trade deals with a kingdom that is capable of mass producing weapons and armor for armies.

Not sure what our produce will be yet. Only idea right now would be fresh spring water.

If they have water, Pyrus Village will be all over that deal. The way they work with making deals is that they check out the state of the economy and the people there. They practice equality and equity. If a town or kingdom is in more need of a certain thing, like coal because they are a cold region and they don't have any miners or a good mining shafts they may lower their price by just a little bit. As soon as they start to get better, they will raise the prices slowly back up to an equal amount. Also, they don't do delivery fees by distance, but by how treacherous the trade routes are and how convenient these routes are. Because they are situated in the middle, they can make great time. Most deliverymen find their way out of their mountain range better than most due to them traversing these roads almost all their life.

As for Kumo Village... they have decent access to livestock, crops, and water, so trading for food isn’t a necessity. Their money is from their control of the market in luxury goods. The mountain is full of precious gemstones that they sell, and they have a few skilled people in the village that are capable of creating timepieces. Though they have metallic materials in bulk, they don’t have the means to manufacture on a large scale, only having a few blacksmiths that specialize in high-end armor. Kumo will need to have had trade deals with a kingdom that is capable of mass producing weapons and armor for armies.

Pyrus Village will also be all over that food and can give metal ingots and coals, as well as maybe throw in a teacher to help people learn how to create forges for smithing. If that is alright, of course. Of course, they expect that the lessons this teacher gives will be enough to pay for lodging, but the teacher has to pay for their own food and water.

Wasn't Astra originally intended to be a traveller type character? Before he got a Warlord to serve.
Nope. Refer to Kyu's post and my sheet.
@Mechanist Gamma Maybe Astra is still on his mission and returns part way through the rp in order to advise Hanwon during the recent beginnings of war?
That would require Astra to have gone missing for 40 years, y'know... He finished his quest as a young man and is now an old man.

| | NPCs | |

Name: Winston Pyrus
Preferred Element: Fire and Rock
Description: A short and stout man, he has tanned skin, and brown eyes and greying black hair as is a customary look for the people of Pyrus. He usually wears a black tank top, dingy sandals, and a black kilt, but for business he wears a better looking silk, short-sleeved shirt and he decorates his black kilt with ornaments he has gotten from successful trading partners and nice sandals. He is 4'11" (149.9 cm) and weighs a good 220 lbs (99.8 kg), some of it a combination of fat and muscle, but mostly fat.
Personality: He is a very jolly, happy-go-lucky guy with a knack for wine and good jokes. Of course, he is a great businessman, as is usual for people in his family. He can smell a good deal from a mile away and will haggle for a better deal. He is a very sweet man, but the health of his village is more important than his deals. If a deal has a chance of hurting his village, he will decline. He will make sure his people are safe and won't hesitate to put himself in danger if it means keeping his village safe.
Weapon (if any): Is good with a spear, but not that great with one.
Partner Pokemon: Macgargo - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE][TYPE]Rock[/TYPE]
Warlord: N/A

Name: Agni Burakgazi
Preferred Element: Fire
Description: A strong, tall man, he has black hair and brown eyes with tanned skin. Standing at a whopping 6'03" (190.5 cm) and weighing at a staggering 240 lbs (108.9 kg) of muscle, he is quite an intimidating and rugged looking man. He has a permanent stubble and wears a dingy white tank top with a black kilt with sandals.
Personality: He is quite stoic and intimidating at first glance, but really is a gentle giant. Of course, he has deals with mercs as their contract dealer and still tends to do this job, but less frequently. He is more about making sure the deals with getting fresh water are up, as fresh water is the thing Pyrus needs to survive. He won't fight back unless his mayor is threatened or he will be taken away from his water deals.
Weapon (if any): A warhammer
Partner Pokemon: Darmanitan - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE]

The black kilt and sandal look is the usual look in most people there. Women tend to wear tank tops and black kilts and sandals or white, dingy dresses, and nobody is afraid to get dirty. There will always be a spot of coal or dirt on their clothes. Their kilts are often decorated with the achievements in deals they have done or loyalties to their family and their heritage. They are all tanned or have dark skin and most have black/brown hair and black/brown eyes. Very rarely you will see a redhead with green eyes, but nobody with blonde hair, white skin, or blue eyes are living there, as the heat and sun are too much for them and their fair skin. If someone is living there and they have blonde hair or blue eyes or white skin, they are likely from parents that weren't from there. Aether's parents are not from Pyrus Village. People here tend to be very rugged and tough in appearance, but they are quite intelligent and sweet and are filled with hospitality for all roaming through.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
If they have water, Pyrus Village will be all over that deal. The way they work with making deals is that they check out the state of the economy and the people there. They practice equality and equity. If a town or kingdom is in more need of a certain thing, like coal because they are a cold region and they don't have any miners or a good mining shafts they may lower their price by just a little bit. As soon as they start to get better, they will raise the prices slowly back up to an equal amount. Also, they don't do delivery fees by distance, but by how treacherous the trade routes are and how convenient these routes are. Because they are situated in the middle, they can make great time. Most deliverymen find their way out of their mountain range better than most due to them traversing these roads almost all their life.

Pyrus Village will also be all over that food and can give metal ingots and coals, as well as maybe throw in a teacher to help people learn how to create forges for smithing. If that is alright, of course. Of course, they expect that the lessons this teacher gives will be enough to pay for lodging, but the teacher has to pay for their own food and water.
I have a feeling our nations might compete a little bit for selling a good fuel source. Moryurei does specialize in oil for heat and light in fires. Now that I think about it it might be beneficial for Kyo to take over Pyrus so there isn't as much competition in that industry lol. I will see how it turns out in rp, but from a tactical standpoint, there are pros and cons for both sides.

They actually learned how to make oil lamps from studying local lampent and learning how to create a long-lasting burning fuel. They sell the fuel as well as the lamps in order to use them.

Moryurei is not in dire need of livestock as much as produce and freshwater. While we don't have any Miltank, which is always a good food resource, local pokemon such as numel, hippopotas, honchrow, and fletchinder. @Grand Master Koop we might be willing to trade you for said freshwater If you want.

Ah yes. If you do conquer Pyrus Village, I don't know what that will do to your relations with other places. Just as long as you keep their trades for salt, food, and water open and keep having them give out their coal and minerals (as both are more important when it comes to smithing metals, more so than oil since you can make better metals and weapons and armor if you have a forge that uses coal instead of oils), then there shouldn't be a problem. They will only start having issues if you try and change the prices, as they need water, salt, and food to survive as these aren't prominent where they are, and metals aren't a reliable source for trade since they aren't common enough to be relied on and they usually need to be smelted into ingots before they can be sold. The water they have from hot springs are undrinkable because of the minerals inside and the minerals in the hot springs don't allow salt crystals to grow, and they don't have any land for crops as it is all cracked, dry earth with no nutrients. If you are not careful, you can bury Pyrus.

What you can do is have a bit of an alliance with the village. The mayor, prior to your conquering the village that was met with no resistance, will ask to keep all trade routes open, but will allow you to have your kingdom's men occupy the area and treat as a part of your territory. However, what you do with merchants coming from rival kingdoms or stopping the exportation, and consequently importation, of goods from kingdoms you are at war with will affect Pyrus Village. If any of these stops the flow of food, water, and salt while also destroying the fabric of the economy they have so delicately created for themselves, you may be paid a visit by my OC.

Ryu's been wandering for about a week and a half before the story, so he is literate, since he was booted as Daichi's ill will towards Ryu, Daichi was booted the next day, and Akuma's only been dead about three weeks. Is is possible from South Central Sensō to get to Zen'barr in about a week and a half?

@kyuukestu @Red Gallade since Red Gallade would be the RPer for Zen'barr.
I have no complaints, wonder if Kyuu feels the same about it.

changed Cariss' ability from:

Nomad's Sense: Increases movement and evasiveness greatly, also allowing full movement capabilities in all types of terrain

to:

Unnerving Presence: being a infamous pyromaniac across Senso doesnt really help in making friends... luckily Amierdal doesnt want any. for 3 turns movement of enemies is reduced greatly

and Kriede's has been adjusted from:

Undying Loyalty: whenever Wyosyna or Persephone receives lethal damage, that damage is redirected to Kriede or Ainnoa whenever they are beside Wyosyna and Persephone respectively

to:

Raithean Oath: whenever Wyosyna or Persephone take lethal damage that damage is redirected to Kriede, albeit status effects are still received. Damage is also reduced whenever Wyosyna takes normal damage whenever Kriede is next to her
"The only thing standing between you and Raithean is me"

I see, the minerals are made of minerals.

XD hehe, I was in a birthing class and felt like not being very specific for the sake of it. Crystals do grow in the hot springs, but they aren't salt, that is for certain. But there is enough of the minerals to have people float in the hot springs (like the Dead Sea, just less buoyant). But yea, minerals are minerals :p

Raithean...doesn't really need much in the way of trade.

Their pride is the beauty of their country and its uniqueness, but the terrain provides them with most of what they'd need. Snowfall can be converted into drinkable water and the Volcanic region provides fertile soil for agriculture while the Spring region is alright for pastoral farming.

Weapons are there, but only the more wealthy would have weapons forged of Iron or Steel. The others would use obsidian foraged from the volcanic region. The standing army is rather small, as Raithean doesn't have plans to invade anyone. It's the type to keep to itself and takes a soft amicable stance with other nations.

Oil fuel would be preferred over coal as the latter can get a bit messy and smudges, and so wouldn't be used on a large scale to preserve the beauty of the environment. They would stay away from fossil fuels on a whole for that matter, but it can be rather unavoidable when the temperatures drop during winter.

The town is more 'tourism-based' as they're more than happy to show off its beauty to foreigners.

I'd need to see what all the other nations are offering before establishing trade though.

| | NPCs | |

Name: Winston Pyrus
Preferred Element: Fire and Rock
Description: A short and stout man, he has tanned skin, and brown eyes and greying black hair as is a customary look for the people of Pyrus. He usually wears a black tank top, dingy sandals, and a black kilt, but for business he wears a better looking silk, short-sleeved shirt and he decorates his black kilt with ornaments he has gotten from successful trading partners and nice sandals. He is 4'11" (149.9 cm) and weighs a good 220 lbs (99.8 kg), some of it a combination of fat and muscle, but mostly fat.
Personality: He is a very jolly, happy-go-lucky guy with a knack for wine and good jokes. Of course, he is a great businessman, as is usual for people in his family. He can smell a good deal from a mile away and will haggle for a better deal. He is a very sweet man, but the health of his village is more important than his deals. If a deal has a chance of hurting his village, he will decline. He will make sure his people are safe and won't hesitate to put himself in danger if it means keeping his village safe.
Weapon (if any): Is good with a spear, but not that great with one.
Partner Pokemon: Macgargo - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE][TYPE]Rock[/TYPE]

Name: Agni Burakgazi
Preferred Element: Fire
Description: A strong, tall man, he has black hair and brown eyes with tanned skin. Standing at a whopping 6'03" (190.5 cm) and weighing at a staggering 240 lbs (108.9 kg) of muscle, he is quite an intimidating and rugged looking man. He has a permanent stubble and wears a dingy white tank top with a black kilt with sandals.
Personality: He is quite stoic and intimidating at first glance, but really is a gentle giant. Of course, he has deals with mercs as their contract dealer and still tends to do this job, but less frequently. He is more about making sure the deals with getting fresh water are up, as fresh water is the thing Pyrus needs to survive. He won't fight back unless his mayor is threatened or he will be taken away from his water deals.
Weapon (if any): A warhammer
Partner Pokemon: Darmanitan - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE]

The black kilt and sandal look is the usual look in most people there. Women tend to wear tank tops and black kilts and sandals or white, dingy dresses, and nobody is afraid to get dirty. There will always be a spot of coal or dirt on their clothes. Their kilts are often decorated with the achievements in deals they have done or loyalties to their family and their heritage. They are all tanned or have dark skin and most have black/brown hair and black/brown eyes. Very rarely you will see a redhead with green eyes, but nobody with blonde hair, white skin, or blue eyes are living there, as the heat and sun are too much for them and their fair skin. If someone is living there and they have blonde hair or blue eyes or white skin, they are likely from parents that weren't from there. Aether's parents are not from Pyrus Village. People here tend to be very rugged and tough in appearance, but they are quite intelligent and sweet and are filled with hospitality for all roaming through.
Accepted.
could be good since I also plan to get her access to gunpowder (nyehehehe) a little further in the rp
*squints*
You're free to be as creative as you want, as long as its a weapon that would've existed within the time period. That being said although gunpowder would've existed at the time let's try not to touch that nest of hornets.
Gun Powder is a tricky matter since hot weapons are...crazy OP?

It depends on what you're using it for. Gunpowder was seen as less effective than arrows in many cases, and there aren't any means to produce the delicate and intricate parts of a rifle.

Last edited:
Ahh yes. And if you do manage to somehow make a flintlock, it is extremely difficult to be accurate because the first ever "bullet" was actually a round, metallic ball similar to that of a cannonball, which is where they got their idea from to make smaller rounds. The aerodynamism of the ball and the way they are made is very difficult to make consistently and they are very inaccurate when fired. There was no study on aerodynamism then, so people wouldn't know how to make the round better. You can be point-blank range and still miss. It is just easier and simpler to have it be an explosive but this stuff is difficult to get your hands on anyway and refine into a usable explosive substance. It could be used for instantly cauterizing a wound though, if someone was that medically creative with it.

They didn't store any ammo inside. What you had to do was have a pouch filled with rounds and pouches of gunpowder, and have a little stick. Once you fired a shot, you had to take a moment to get a pouch of gunpowder out, rip the packet open and pour it in the nozzle of the gun, then put the round in, then use the stick to shove the ball in and pack the gunpowder at the end. Once you did that, you can pull back the hammer and shoot the trigger.

Because the gunpowder will be used up when you fire from the spark created by the hammer of the gun, you have to have packets of gunpowder on you.

The flint was on the hammer of the pistol and there was also the striker, which is what gets sparked by the flint. There was a little hole in the gun where the hammer strikes and the striker had to be replaced each time the gun was fired. If you were quick at reloading, you could get it done slightly under a minute.

But since bows and arrows, and even crossbows and bolts were easier, more accurate, and faster to load and shoot, guns were practically obsolete and were only used as a more of a bluffing kind of weapon as a way to scare those who were uneducated on what it was. The sound of the gun scared most until they realized that the things couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. They were still deadlier than a bolt or an arrow, but they were basically only scary when they hit, which was roughly 40-50% of the time.

You can by-pass the need for packets with more advanced knowledge of Organic Chemistry. If you can produce Nitroglycerine, you can use it as a gel-covering for the bullets. Because Nitroglycerine will explode with a large enough shock, you only really need a sufficiently strong 'hammer' to set off the explosion-propelled bullet.

I've seen the idea explored in Release that Witch, and is one of the few mechanics I remember from reading the first...couple hundred chapters.

That being said knowing how to make TNT was a part of my Organic Chemistry Syllabus...but I hardly remember all the reactions and reagents needed to create it ~w~